Antonio NOW Officially Released.

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doooshnzl

Re: Antonio Brown Officially Cut

Post by Doooshnzl »

ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:09 pm
Snake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:53 pm It’s interesting and it kinda makes sense. Because he was forgoing incentive money by refusing to go on the field.
It would totally be a #ItsaBucsLife moment if we end up being the one team that actually did AB wrong and not the other way around.
Are you really this stupid or are you gonna flip flop on this?
Kress

Post by Kress »

Doooshnzl wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:26 am
ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:09 pm

It would totally be a #ItsaBucsLife moment if we end up being the one team that actually did AB wrong and not the other way around.
Are you really this stupid or are you gonna flip flop on this?
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Sdbucs wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:28 pm
Tnbandwagoner wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:17 pm
Fuck the fallout. If he can pretend to be sane again for just two months, our chances of repeating improve exponentially. He can melt down for a month straight and we can banish him for all eternity the day after the SB; the liberal media can excoriate us, upbraid us, revile us, etc. and twenty years from now, probably even ten, no one will be talking about AB's antics but rather how Brady won back-to-back SBs at 43 and 44.

Brady and the Pats won their first ten games in 2019 and he had shit for receivers. Those of us with brains kept warning that it would catch up with us, and we got bounced in the wild-card round, at home no less, by a journeyman QB who recently threw four picks in one game.

On the flip side, Brady has made it to the SB before with nothing at receiver, and we do still have Evans and Gronk. But I like our chances ten billion times more with AB than without.

Us cutting him or not isn't going to make or break the locker room - our players have enough sense to know the state of our receiving corps and offensive skill positions in general. We can be sanctimonious and cut him and probably get bounced early in the playoffs, or we can keep him on the roster - and not just keep him, but play him - and have a real shot at repeating.
This

Wife beater ass Tyreek Hill is cheered on like a star and girl puncher Joe Mixon too. This stuff doesn’t matter if a team is winning

AB is a huge boost to our team and people are way overreacting to this.

Cutting him only hurts us
In the NFL Quitting on your team is worse than beating a woman or breaking a child’s arm. Doesn’t make it right, but it’s reality.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Quitting on your team by throwing your team gear into the opposing fans' hands is so much worse that the NFL owners should make "quitting during a game involving behavior such as removing one's jersey" into a 4-game-suspension offense as it is detrimental not only to the team involved but to the entire league.

And I'm never thrilled about adding a new rule to the NFL rulebook, but yes the 'Antonio Brown' rule should be in there. As it stands since he's on an NFL roster they should suspend him for four games or until the Bucs season is over whichever comes first as a generic 'conduct unacceptable to the team and the league." Then the Bucs could put him on their suspended for cause list and sign someone with the open roster spot for the playoffs.
Backside

Post by Backside »

BTW, he is still not officially cut.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Waiting to see if the Commissar has any balls, as per my post above.

He probably doesn't so the team will probably have to suspend him and eat the roster spot.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Backside wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 1:09 pm BTW, he is still not officially cut.
They need to figure out how to properly bury AB on some list that doesn’t allow him to play.
OneBuc

Post by OneBuc »

Dread wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:56 pm AB is a HoF worthy WR
doubt that
Snake

Post by Snake »

OneBuc wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:09 pm
doubt that
Character? No. Performance? Yes.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 3:28 pm

doubt that
Character? No. Performance? Yes.
Performance, easily. People want to say Mike Evans is a HOF and not AB? That's crazy...
Dread

Post by Dread »

ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:49 pm It's from Stroud so take from it what you will

Of course.. smh.. If you believe that nonsense you should check yourself b/c your bias is trying to believe to specific narrative.

The Bucs, like the other 31 teams have a training staff. If AB was injured in any capacity, especially to the point he can't play he should have let the team trainer know. That's how it works. The player lets the trainer know of whatever injury and the trainer lets the coach know that player can or can not return the game.

This is all fucking bullshit. Shame on any of you buying into it. You're parratting the narrative of a crazy person.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

I just posted a tweet. Nothing more.
Dread

Post by Dread »

doubt that
Then you are a fool. Probably just butthurt and have recency bias.

The NFL HoF is based on performance, and their is zero dispute AB's performance on the field is HoF worthy.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:20 pm I just posted a tweet. Nothing more.
ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:09 pm It would totally be a #ItsaBucsLife moment if we end up being the one team that actually did AB wrong and not the other way around.

ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:23 pm
ATrain wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:20 pm I just posted a tweet. Nothing more.
ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:09 pm It would totally be a #ItsaBucsLife moment if we end up being the one team that actually did AB wrong and not the other way around.

You remember that jest thing? I've been pretty clear on the whole AB thing. We're still not 100% sure what actually happened. Personally the narrative I'm buying into is that AB had an altercation with Tom over him giving more targets to Gronk and he threw a fit, refused to go back in the game, and then threw his career away. But that's not conclusive by any stretch.

And yes, it would be a #ItsaBucsLife moment if we somehow are the one team that ended up actually wronging him in some capacity. I don't think we did, but it would be hilarious if true. Would be on brand, that's for sure.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:27 pm
King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:23 pm

You remember that jest thing? I've been pretty clear on the whole AB thing. We're still not 100% sure what actually happened. Personally the narrative I'm buying into is that AB had an altercation with Tom over him giving more targets to Gronk and he threw a fit, refused to go back in the game, and then threw his career away. But that's not conclusive by any stretch.

And yes, it would be a #ItsaBucsLife moment if we somehow are the one team that ended up actually wronging him in some capacity. I don't think we did, but it would be hilarious if true. Would be on brand, that's for sure.
Yea that was before you decided to blatantly lie here. We don't know why it happened 100%. So it seems your plan is to jump from view point to view point until something sticks.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:31 pm
ATrain wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 4:27 pm

Yea that was before you decided to blatantly lie here. We don't know why it happened 100%. So it seems your plan is to jump from view point to view point until something sticks.
I didn't blatantly lie about anything. Literally nothing at all. My opinion on this subject is fluid because all the facts haven't come in yet. And other than my stance on AB and how he betrayed our team regardless of any other details, I haven't taken a firm stance one way or another on BA and the teams handling of AB on the sidelines and his injury.

You're doing it again Bootz, you're trying to force an argument. No need. Honestly, it's just pointless.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

If I had to guess from what I've read, I think AB was forcing himself to play hurt to hit those bonuses. When he couldn't hide it anymore and couldn't go, Bruce said he was gonna shut him down since AB is more important for playoffs than the last two weeks of the regular season. Which of course meant he wouldn't hit those bonuses. Which I think he was heavily counting on given his outburst.

I still maintain the best way to approach this is from an "understanding mental health" angle. AB had "an episode" and is getting the help he needs. Meanwhile, you put him on IR for the season (ankle), no other team can pick him up, and if a super desperate need arises you can designate him for return.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Doctor wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:21 pm If I had to guess from what I've read, I think AB was forcing himself to play hurt to hit those bonuses. When he couldn't hide it anymore and couldn't go, Bruce said he was gonna shut him down since AB is more important for playoffs than the last two weeks of the regular season. Which of course meant he wouldn't hit those bonuses. Which I think he was heavily counting on given his outburst.

I still maintain the best way to approach this is from an "understanding mental health" angle. AB had "an episode" and is getting the help he needs. Meanwhile, you put him on IR for the season (ankle), no other team can pick him up, and if a super desperate need arises you can designate him for return.
Where ya been?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Filling out vaccine cards for nfl players
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

I knew you were a real Doctor
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

TL:DR

He's saying Bruce Arians is a liar and he played through the pain of his ankle injury. This is why the Bucs haven't released him or suspended him. If he is in fact injured, the CBA prevents it without an injury settlement.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:32 pm

He's saying Bruce Arians is a liar and he played through the pain of his ankle injury. This is why the Bucs haven't released him or suspended him. If he is in fact injured, the CBA prevents it without an injury settlement.
Arians did a throat slicing motion and said “you’re done” meaning “you’re cut from the team”? Oooooook. This MF crazy.

The team brought this on ourselves when we signed him. It’s the cost for the Súper Bowl. Now we have people that believe AB and think the organization did him wrong.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:32 pm

He is definitely injured. He was on the injury report for weeks with that ankle. The rest of his story is bullshit though.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

So let's say what AB said in that message is 100% correct. Then what?
Snake

Re: Antonio Brown Saga

Post by Snake »

Most players would’ve just looked at each other and been like, what the fuck is wrong with Coach, did he just do a throat slash? AB decided to up the ante.
Snake

Post by Snake »

ATrain wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:37 pm So let's say what AB said in that message is 100% correct. Then what?
he gets an injury settlement and it’s over?
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:37 pm Most players would’ve just looked at each other and been like, what the fuck is wrong with Coach, did he just do a throat slash? AB decided to up the ante.
How long before we have video of the sideline exchange?
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

ATrain wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:37 pm So let's say what AB said in that message is 100% correct. Then what?
This would stain the Bucs organization big time if it were true. Arians’ reputation would take a massive hit.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Primeminister wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:39 pm
Snake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:37 pm Most players would’ve just looked at each other and been like, what the fuck is wrong with Coach, did he just do a throat slash? AB decided to up the ante.
How long before we have video of the sideline exchange?
Yeah this should be pretty easy to prove or disprove I'm thinking.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

This would stain the Bucs organization big time if it were true. Arians’ reputation would take a massive hit.
Yep. An injury settlement corroborate ABs story almost 100% and makes Arians look like the liar AB just called him here.

Hate to say it, but the Bucs botched this big time themselves.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 9:42 pm

Yep. An injury settlement corroborate ABs story almost 100% and makes Arians look like the liar AB just called him here.

Hate to say it, but the Bucs botched this big time themselves.
Which part was botched? Are you referring to signing him or postgame comments or something else?
Snake

Post by Snake »

How many NFL players at a given time have an injury that is worthy of orthopedic surgery?
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »