Antonio NOW Officially Released.

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
ATrain

Re: Antonio Brown Officially Cut

Post by ATrain »

nybf wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:39 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:37 pm

This is where someone said it

Good. Another thread you two can flush down the fucking drain.
Look in the mirror or at Bootz if you want someone to blame for flushing a thread. I made a comment about AB. Nothing else. Bootz does his best to appear mentally viable and you're having a meltdown.

you're gonna have to find someone else to be your scapegoat because I'm not the one.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:37 pm

This is where someone said it

You do that yourself everything you cherry pick a fight out of nowhere. Told you yesterday to fuck off but you're bored and can't help yourself. Pete & MB not fun enough for you at BZ?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:45 pm

Look in the mirror or at Bootz if you want someone to blame for flushing a thread. I made a comment about AB. Nothing else. Bootz does his best to appear mentally viable and you're having a meltdown.

you're gonna have to find someone else to be your scapegoat because I'm not the one.
Comment I made was in jest and wasn't necessary directed at you. He's been bored and miserable here because he has no control. He controls a place with 2 frequent visitors.

We can get this back on topic though. Why do you feel AB was unreliable? I think the Carolina game was a big indication that had was going to have a major role in the offense in the playoffs.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:56 pm
ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:45 pm

Comment I made was in jest and wasn't necessary directed at you. He's been bored and miserable here because he has no control. He controls a place with 2 frequent visitors.

We can get this back on topic though. Why do you feel AB was unreliable? I think the Carolina game was a big indication that had was going to have a major role in the offense in the playoffs.
Fair enough. Jest is consistently misread on these boards from my experience which is unfortunate.

I kind of said why I felt he was unreliable, because of his ankle. In a vacuum, obviously AB helps us. But we live in reality and in that reality AB has already missed a ton of time due to this mysterious ankle injury and I'd bet money he would miss at least one playoff game because of it.

Not to mention there's reports that AB was already causing issues behind the scenes and him quitting the Jets game didn't just come out of the blue.

So overall, fuck AB. We don't need that bullshit and with his injury he was a big question mark even without his temper tantrum so we're probably better off just going in to the playoffs knowing for a fact he's gone and game planning accordingly.

That's my opinion anyway.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Cripple fight!
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

nybf wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:31 pm

Where did anyone say this? Or did you already get bored arguing the definition of karma with the pudding brain that you're looking for more arguments?
So... Bootz is NOT a Vegan, then?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:15 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:56 pm

Fair enough. Jest is consistently misread on these boards from my experience which is unfortunate.

I kind of said why I felt he was unreliable, because of his ankle. In a vacuum, obviously AB helps us. But we live in reality and in that reality AB has already missed a ton of time due to this mysterious ankle injury and I'd bet money he would miss at least one playoff game because of it.

Not to mention there's reports that AB was already causing issues behind the scenes and him quitting the Jets game didn't just come out of the blue.

So overall, fuck AB. We don't need that bullshit and with his injury he was a big question mark even without his temper tantrum so we're probably better off just going in to the playoffs knowing for a fact he's gone and game planning accordingly.

That's my opinion anyway.
This is a much more reasonable and understandable response. I agree we don't need the drama. It's simply not worth it. The unpredictability of it all would motivate me to cut all ties period.

That said, he's one of the best at his position all time and when healthy is uncoverable. But the ankle put a damper on that this year, no doubt. You are probably correct that it would've been an ongoing problem in the playoffs. We won't know now become of that very public divorce.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

So now Arians says Brown is still on the roster and it's up to the front office to decide what to do. Lack of communication at the top? Or are they just trying to figure out the best way to wash their hands of Brown.
Snake

Post by Snake »

wesmon wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:11 pm So now Arians says Brown is still on the roster and it's up to the front office to decide what to do. Lack of communication at the top? Or are they just trying to figure out the best way to wash their hands of Brown.
Trying to come up with a way to keep him.

Let him join family counseling at House Brady.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:13 pm
wesmon wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:11 pm So now Arians says Brown is still on the roster and it's up to the front office to decide what to do. Lack of communication at the top? Or are they just trying to figure out the best way to wash their hands of Brown.

Because Arians knows they have playoff games looming and bad attitude or not, they have a better chance of winning with AB than without him.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Can only imagine the fallout if we do in fact keep AB. We'd become the media circus of the NFL.
Snake

Post by Snake »

ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:19 pm

Can only imagine the fallout if we do in fact keep AB. We'd become the media circus of the NFL.
We already are. Last I saw, him walking off the field had like 30m views lol
BLT

Post by BLT »

MJW wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:14 am
Defense5599 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:42 pm

It's called CTE and it's no joke. It makes people do irrational things. Notice all this bizarre behavior didn't start happening until after that hit by Burfict in the 2014 playoffs.

Don't bash AB. Say a prayer for him.
This. I don't know if it's directly attributable to the Burfict hit, but this is not how AB always was. That's been kind of forgotten. Not that long ago, he was sane/behaved enough to have a bunch of national marketing campaigns and be a fan favorite. Something changed. I would be shocked if it doesn't turn out to be CTE.

Hoping he gets the help he needs and leads a long, happy life. But that doesn't feel like how this story ends.
He fought a security guard in college.

I’m sure the guy was born a POS.

If Mike Evans got hit in the head by Burfict he doesn’t display any of the behavior Antonio Brown has.

If anyone else makes this CTE or Burfict hit reference I’m going to lose my shit it’s so dumb.
Kress

Post by Kress »

ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:23 am

I didn't realize the timing of it. Surprised we didn't get a penalty.... :lol:
BLT

Post by BLT »

Also, he clearly was faking the ankle injury most of this season.

Happened when he was no-showing and quitting on the Steelers they made up a knee injury to excuse his absences.

Hence why BA and the team were frustrated enough to tell him to fuck off on the sideline.

This shits been going down for a while with him and it’s because he can’t stand being the 5th or 6th most acknowledged person in the offense.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I swear Antonio Brown is going to end up like the Phineas Gage of CTE. Neurologists are going to be doing mock case studies on him forever.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:27 pm I swear Antonio Brown is going to end up like the Phineas Gage of CTE. Neurologists are going to be doing mock case studies on him forever.
Only if his family lets them have his brain.

Don't tread on me
OneBuc

Post by OneBuc »

Playing in the NFL isn't a right - it's a privilege. That the NFL doesn't suspend him for this disruptive behavior (leaving a game while creating a spectacle ON the field of play) so close to his recent suspension for falsifying a medical document (COVID CARD) and endangering staff and other players is beyond me.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Moozician wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:30 pm
nybf wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:31 pm

Where did anyone say this? Or did you already get bored arguing the definition of karma with the pudding brain that you're looking for more arguments?
I thought he was a Vegetable, not a vegan.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:40 pm
Moozician wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 1:30 pm

I thought he was a Vegetable
He is. A big eggplant. And you can't get enough of it.
nybf

Post by nybf »

You sure do love talking about guys riding your dick.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Bootz is definitely gay
Dread

Post by Dread »

The Bucs definitely are not a better team without AB on the field. Anyone arguing otherwise is just in denial. AB is a HoF worthy WR and the Bucs has won their last 12-13 games in a row with him in the line-up when you include the playoffs.

Missing Godwin also just amplifies that.

That said, Brady has won with less and he still has Evans and Gronk. We're just super thin now at WR compared to the embarrassment of riches we once had this season (even though we only got 2 games out of the Evans-Gowdin-AB-Gronk quartet altogether)

Even with out Godwin and AB this offense can still score 25-30pts.

Our playoff success was always going to come down to how well out defense plays. Just like it did last year and just like it does for almost every team that ever makes a deep playoff run.

So we're not as explosive in the passing game now, but we're still capable. Hopefully this can be a blessing and get the offense back to using Lenny more once he's back. That's the recipe to beat good teams (balance). The idea we were just going to throw it 40+ times in the playoffs to all of our awesome receivers and win shootouts was misguided imo.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:52 pm You sure do love talking about guys riding your dick.
You sure love trying.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:56 pm The Bucs definitely are not a better team without AB on the field. Anyone arguing otherwise is just in denial. AB is a HoF worthy WR and the Bucs has won their last 12-13 games in a row with him in the line-up when you include the playoffs.

That said, Brady has won with less and he still has Evans and Gronk. We're just super thin now at WR compared to the embarrassment of riches we once had this season (even though we only got 2 games out of the Evans-Gowdin-AB-Gronk quartet altogether)

Our playoff success was always going to come down to how well out defense plays. Just like it did last year and just like it does for almost every team that ever makes a deep playoff run.

So we're not as explosive in the passing game now, but we're still capable. Hopefully this can be a blessing and get the offense back to using Lenny more once he's back. That's the recipe to beat good teams (balance). The idea we were just going to throw it 40+ times in the playoffs to all of our awesome receivers and win shootouts was misguided imo.
We need to get back to making teams 1 dimensional and creating turnovers.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:00 pm
nybf wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:52 pm You sure do love talking about guys riding your dick.
You sure love trying.
Not my thing. But I'm glad in 2022 you can finally admit what we knew about you from the second we saw your ig account you posted on BZ.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:50 pm
13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:40 pm

I thought he was a Vegetable
He is. A big eggplant. And you can't get enough of it.
Eggplant parm is good. :-)
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:05 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:00 pm

You sure love trying.
Not my thing. But I'm glad in 2022 you can finally admit what we knew about you from the second we saw your ig account you posted on BZ.
I truly wanna know what your deal is. You're turning every post about AB into a post about me. Don't you have anything better to do with your time?
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:12 pm
nybf wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:05 pm

I truly wanna know what your deal is. You're turning every post about AB into a post about me. Don't you have anything better to do with your time?
Not today I don't. Waiting for my work laptop to be returned. I'm living the boots life today. Shit post all day, argue with everyone, contribute nothing. Won't be sucking any dick, though. Gotta draw the line somewhere.
Snake

Post by Snake »

my use of “lol” corresponds with an actual laugh about 5% of the time. This is one of those times.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:46 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 3:12 pm

Won't be sucking any dick, though. Gotta draw the line somewhere.
1st time you've said that.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Dread wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:56 pm The Bucs definitely are not a better team without AB on the field. Anyone arguing otherwise is just in denial. AB is a HoF worthy WR and the Bucs has won their last 12-13 games in a row with him in the line-up when you include the playoffs.

I trust Tom Brady! We’ll be fine….
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Apparently, no one needs their hair cut today.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:52 pm Apparently, no one needs their hair cut today.

Is it possible to line up pubes?
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

It's from Stroud so take from it what you will