Antonio NOW Officially Released.

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Snake

Re: Antonio Brown Officially Cut

Post by Snake »

It’s interesting and it kinda makes sense. Because he was forgoing incentive money by refusing to go on the field.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

This is why we need to keep AB on the roster but off the field. Yes, we should hold him hostage out of pure spite. I can deal with AB not playing for the Bucs, but I'll be damned if I'm going to watch him catch passes from Mahomes in the Super Bowl. The Chiefs will happily sign any scumbag so AB is on brand for them.
Last edited by ATrain on Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:53 pm It’s interesting and it kinda makes sense. Because he was forgoing incentive money by refusing to go on the field.
It would totally be a #ItsaBucsLife moment if we end up being the one team that actually did AB wrong and not the other way around.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

The guy was in pain so he jumped around throwing his shit into the crowd? Makes sense for a guy who is hurt
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:07 pm

This is why we need to keep AB on the roster but off the field. Yes, we should hold him hostage out of pure spite. I can deal with AB not playing for the Bucs, but I'll be damned if I'm going to watch him catch passes from Mahomes in the Super Bowl. The Chiefs will happily sign any scumbag so AB is on brand for them.
Ain’t buying it. Smells like a hot take to drum up drama and clicks.
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

Seems pretty simple

AB and BA had words and AB quit because he knew he wasn't going to make his incentives

He quit that way so he could get as much attention as possible to sell his 'music' and whatever other crap endeavors he has going on
BLT

Post by BLT »

I call BS.

Other than prancing around the field without wincing… he cooked a CB’s ankles… severe injury my ass. GTFOH
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Capsaicin wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:43 pm Seems pretty simple

AB and BA had words and AB quit because he knew he wasn't going to make his incentives

He quit that way so he could get as much attention as possible to sell his 'music' and whatever other crap endeavors he has going on
Nah, they fed him the ball 10 times the week before in a blowout. Fed him the ball last year to get his incentives. AB quit because he’s AB. They would have gotten him his incentives this year also. Also goes against both side’s story that they wanted him to go back in the game.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 6:53 pm It’s interesting and it kinda makes sense. Because he was forgoing incentive money by refusing to go on the field.
No it doesn’t make sense. Remember that AB willingly walked away from $30M with the Raiders. That was guaranteed money that he would have gotten in a few days if he just kept his shit together then. If he would walk away from $30M what makes this situation different with “only” a million?

With AB you can’t use basic reason to make sense of things.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Kress wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 5:26 pm
Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 4:52 pm Apparently, no one needs their hair cut today.

Is it possible to line up pubes?
From what I understand, is that is his specialty. Creates a fade to make it seem bigger.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:19 pm
Snake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 2:13 pm

Trying to come up with a way to keep him.

Let him join family counseling at House Brady.
Can only imagine the fallout if we do in fact keep AB. We'd become the media circus of the NFL.
Fuck the fallout. If he can pretend to be sane again for just two months, our chances of repeating improve exponentially. He can melt down for a month straight and we can banish him for all eternity the day after the SB; the liberal media can excoriate us, upbraid us, revile us, etc. and twenty years from now, probably even ten, no one will be talking about AB's antics but rather how Brady won back-to-back SBs at 43 and 44.

Brady and the Pats won their first ten games in 2019 and he had shit for receivers. Those of us with brains kept warning that it would catch up with us, and we got bounced in the wild-card round, at home no less, by a journeyman QB who recently threw four picks in one game.

On the flip side, Brady has made it to the SB before with nothing at receiver, and we do still have Evans and Gronk. But I like our chances ten billion times more with AB than without.

Us cutting him or not isn't going to make or break the locker room - our players have enough sense to know the state of our receiving corps and offensive skill positions in general. We can be sanctimonious and cut him and probably get bounced early in the playoffs, or we can keep him on the roster - and not just keep him, but play him - and have a real shot at repeating.
Snake

Post by Snake »

They can’t bring him back. For many reasons. Can’t do it.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Tnbandwagoner wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:17 pm

Can only imagine the fallout if we do in fact keep AB. We'd become the media circus of the NFL.
Fuck the fallout. If he can pretend to be sane again for just two months, our chances of repeating improve exponentially. He can melt down for a month straight and we can banish him for all eternity the day after the SB; the liberal media can excoriate us, upbraid us, revile us, etc. and twenty years from now, probably even ten, no one will be talking about AB's antics but rather how Brady won back-to-back SBs at 43 and 44.

Brady and the Pats won their first ten games in 2019 and he had shit for receivers. Those of us with brains kept warning that it would catch up with us, and we got bounced in the wild-card round, at home no less, by a journeyman QB who recently threw four picks in one game.

On the flip side, Brady has made it to the SB before with nothing at receiver, and we do still have Evans and Gronk. But I like our chances ten billion times more with AB than without.

Us cutting him or not isn't going to make or break the locker room - our players have enough sense to know the state of our receiving corps and offensive skill positions in general. We can be sanctimonious and cut him and probably get bounced early in the playoffs, or we can keep him on the roster - and not just keep him, but play him - and have a real shot at repeating.
Credibility means a lot more than you may believe. There's no chance you can keep or trust a man that publicly quit on the team. You do that you open panora's box to all kind of bullshit on your team as well as kill any trust you have with the guys who actually want to be there.

Anyone putting him on the field is doing a disservice to the man. You as a selfish fan might see that as sanctimonious. But the NFL is a brotherhood with codes. Quitting on the team, no matter the reason, is part of that code.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

This

Wife beater ass Tyreek Hill is cheered on like a star and girl puncher Joe Mixon too. This stuff doesn’t matter if a team is winning

AB is a huge boost to our team and people are way overreacting to this.

Cutting him only hurts us
Kress

Post by Kress »

Would you look at that. AB's crazy is contagious.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Keeping AB is a zero sum game for the Bucs. If we win the SB again, then this debacle will be quickly forgotten.

But if not, then it will stain and taint the franchise for years to come.

What's most frustrating is all this is a moot point if Godwin didn't get his knee targeted by PJ.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Sdbucs wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:28 pm

This

Wife beater ass Tyreek Hill is cheered on like a star and girl puncher Joe Mixon too. This stuff doesn’t matter if a team is winning

AB is a huge boost to our team and people are way overreacting to this.

Cutting him only hurts us
Amen. The last time I checked, breaking a kid’s arm is worse than throwing a tantrum.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:30 pm On the surface, I would say AB is a loss. When I see what happened after he had his meltdown I back away from that. Sure that was the Jets. That was the same Jets that was up by 14 points when AB left. Perhaps AB really was not 100%. Perhaps his cuts were crap. Perhaps AB being replaced by Cyril Grayson resulted in better route running this game. Perhaps if AB had not had a meltdown he would be better next game and into the playoffs. Perhaps.

What I do not know is what his attitude may have been doing to the team in the locker room, during the practice week, etc.

What I do know is the team managed to come back from 14 points down to get a win on the road.

I want to see how this team comes out this week. Then I can make a call as to how much I think not having AB will affect the team going forward.
Ya know, it occurs to be that we have been so freaking inconsistent in so many ways - like getting shut out by the freaking saints for Christ sakes. It makes me wonder if it was actually locker room stuff spilling onto the field. Perhaps Brady has been holding the team together in spite of AB antics that was affecting moral. Then AB leaves and the team rallies. Maybe the rally was a collective sigh of relief and a buoyant feeling? Far fetched perhaps but not out of the realm of possibilities.
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Primeminister wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 7:59 pm
With AB you can’t use basic reason to make sense of things.
/thread
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Kress wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:38 pm Would you look at that. AB's crazy is contagious.
This truly made me spit take - my poor ipad
I said what I said

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Babeinbucland wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:51 pm
13F11B wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:30 pm On the surface, I would say AB is a loss. When I see what happened after he had his meltdown I back away from that. Sure that was the Jets. That was the same Jets that was up by 14 points when AB left. Perhaps AB really was not 100%. Perhaps his cuts were crap. Perhaps AB being replaced by Cyril Grayson resulted in better route running this game. Perhaps if AB had not had a meltdown he would be better next game and into the playoffs. Perhaps.

What I do not know is what his attitude may have been doing to the team in the locker room, during the practice week, etc.

What I do know is the team managed to come back from 14 points down to get a win on the road.

I want to see how this team comes out this week. Then I can make a call as to how much I think not having AB will affect the team going forward.
Ya know, it occurs to be that we have been so freaking inconsistent in so many ways - like getting shut out by the freaking saints for Christ sakes. It makes me wonder if it was actually locker room stuff spilling onto the field. Perhaps Brady has been holding the team together in spite of AB antics that was affecting moral. Then AB leaves and the team rallies. Maybe the rally was a collective sigh of relief and a buoyant feeling? Far fetched perhaps but not out of the realm of possibilities.

Can JPP glue his shoulder together for 4 games?
MJW

Post by MJW »

I don't buy that AB has teams looking to add him. I'm not naive. I know it's all about talent blah blah blah. But the guy quit on his team in the middle of a game 3 days ago (and made an ass of himself in the process.) He did this despite a Head Coach who has stood by him, a very strong locker room, and a QB who literally let him live in his house. He did this despite a legit shot at winning another ring and a starring role in a great offense.

I just can't buy anyone wants to bring that into their locker room to begin the playoffs.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Snake

Post by Snake »

The narrative was Tom Brady Is The Only Person Who Can Keep Antonio Brown From Unraveling. I believed it. It may have even been true for a while.

I think his career is over.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Snake wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 12:10 am The narrative was Tom Brady Is The Only Person Who Can Keep Antonio Brown From Unraveling. I believed it. It may have even been true for a while.

I think his career is over.
If AB couldn't keep his crazy in check here, he doesn't belong in the NFL. He needs to get some help, not worry about football and bonus money.
Let's roll another joint
Brazen331

Post by Brazen331 »

It was the deltoid ligament that he injured correct, the same one that Michael Thomas injured?

If he has been out since Week 6 the ankle probably needed to undergo surgery to heal properly.

What I’m saying is regardless of how well AB was moving Sunday, I personally think the outside doctors are going to find a tear in that ligament and this drama is going to continue.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

So what happens if it comes out that ABs ankle is actually fucked up bad, and Arians did in fact pressure AB into playing with an ultimatum?

Clearly ABs tantrum is still inexcusable and a betrayal to the team, but does Bruce end up getting blowback for his actions? Again, just to clarify, whatever "fault" Arians may or may not be culpable for is completely independent of ABs reaction and in no way can be used as an excuse for ABs behavior.

What a different world we would be living in right now if AB truly felt wronged by Arians had simply walked calmly to the locker room with a trainer and removed himself from the situation. We would've got a sideline report saying AB is out with an ankle injury, and whatever grievances AB and Bruce had with one another could've been handled quietly behind closed doors

I want to live in that world.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

If we “did him wrong” then we’d just owe him the remaining what, 1M/17 that he is owed… ok, cool, take that and kick rocks
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

@ATrain The only way I would blame Arians is if it was proven that Brown did communicate to Arians that he was injured. Arians has stated that was not communicated to him. I would also want to find out what the trainers/team doctors said. Arians is not a trainer nor a doctor and likely relies on them for information.
MJW

Post by MJW »

acmillis wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:28 am If we “did him wrong” then we’d just owe him the remaining what, 1M/17 that he is owed… ok, cool, take that and kick rocks
Even if AB's version of events is accurate (and if one knee-jerk believe he's telling the truth about everything, they're a dupe), he lost all high ground with how he made his exit. Even if that's 100% what happened, he did everything he could to disrupt his teammates (friends?) while they were trying to work. And he made TB12 look like a sucker for supporting him.

I'm not shocked or surprised, really. The Steelers, Raiders, and Patriots didn't dump this guy because of his game. You had to know a bad end was a real possibility. But seriously, screw this guy.
Let's roll another joint
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:29 pm They can’t bring him back. For many reasons. Can’t do it.
Yes they can.... if they get rid of Arians. And if this season ends like I think it's going to, Arians may very well be the one to go.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Kress

Post by Kress »

MJW wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 7:33 am The Steelers, Raiders, and Patriots didn't dump this guy because of his game.
That's a funny thing to read. The Steelers, sure. A pedigreed, quality organization.
The Patriots? Also quality organization, but one with a reputation for all of the various "-gates" and a win at all costs mentality. AB was still a no-go.
But the Raiders? The RAIDERS wanted nothing more to do with this guy?!?!?! Good Lord.

For the "bring him back" crowd, I'd also like to remind you of one little tidbit: He quit. He was not escorted from the field, and he did not show up to the facility to discover his key card had been deactivated and have a security guard hand him a cardboard box full of his belongings. He wasn't fired or suspended. He quit.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Defense5599 wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:15 am
Snake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:29 pm They can’t bring him back. For many reasons. Can’t do it.
Yes they can.... if they get rid of Arians. And if this season ends like I think it's going to, Arians may very well be the one to go.
Now I feel dumb. You had be going there for a minute.

Bravo on the troll job.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

So... the Bucs go 13-4, go into the playoff, perhaps losing, and BA gets fired??
Drama Queen, you are.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Kress wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 8:29 am

Now I feel dumb. You had be going there for a minute.

Bravo on the troll job.
Good lord. Ringing in '22 on IABL in an extremely troll-y, hard-headed way.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

First, trying to apply any logic to anything AB does is pointless. This guy doesn't think or act logically.

Second, I'm sure if all 53 active players on any team were to go get a MRI after a game, more than 50% are going to show some type of damage to their bodies that will show pain. So, this whole MRI thing is nonsense. Was AB injured, probably, just like most NFL players this time of year. If AB was too hurt to play, AB would have never walked on that field.

If he got hurt during the game, you would typically see a Trainer working with them on the sideline, maybe going into the tent, usually walking off the field with them to check things out. None of that happened.

AB had a chip on his shoulder before the Bucs brought him back. The media pissed him off last week and I bet the Bucs organization didn't care too much for the way he handled it. Going into this game, I am sure tensions were high. Now, we're down by 14 to the crappy Jets and AB isn't the center of attention......Here comes the old AB, which was already rearing it's ugly head for several weeks.

Now, for what it's worth, if he said he wasn't going back in, and BA told him you're off the team then, I really can't blame him for just leaving then, it's like getting kicked out. But, the way he did it is showing the world the AB you saw under control wasn't the real AB, he was a ticking time bomb.

Finally, the NFL can stop all this drama by simply suspending him for his conduct on Sunday. He's already been suspended this year and I would imagine that his leash just keeps getting shorter and shorter. Before you say the NFL can't do that, come on. The NFL does WHATEVER it wants - which is a Thread in itself.