NFL QB Rankings - Who You Got?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Buccabeer

NFL QB Rankings - Who You Got?

Post by Buccabeer »

Reading some of these posts make me chuckle on the criticism for Tom Brady. By no means is he playing his best, he missed some throws today for sure. But, let's be realistic, he comes to TB for 1 year, wins a SuperBowl with this team, and let's see who you would take over him right now - leave stats behind because that's not the full story:

1. Aaron Rodgers - MVP Leader in my opinion and I hate saying it
2. Kyler Murray - Just because he's likely in the toughest division and is doing it with his legs and arm
3. Tom Brady - Give me experience and leadership right here
4. Patrick Mahomes - At any point he can be #1 in this group, but he's starting to play too much up and down
5. Lamar Jackson - Just cannot deny what he can do with his legs and arms at any given time

Honarable mention -
Dak Prescott - Let's be clear, when healthy, I'd put him in the Top 5.
Josh Allen - See Patrick Mahomes w/o a SuperBowl victory and back to back appearances

You may not agree with every one of these, but at worst, we have the 7th best QB right now and we're 8-3. Shut the hell up and Let's Go!!!
Last edited by Buccabeer on Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redrum

Re: NFL QB Rankings - Who You Got?

Post by Redrum »

Not impressed with Lamar or Allen. They're too inconsistent with accuracy to win a Super Bowl imo. I'd take Joe Burrow over either of them. Mahomes fundamentals have caught up with him as well. Mac Jones has sure looked good.

Brady

Rodgers

Wilson

The rest I could take them or leave them honestly.
Last edited by Redrum on Sun Nov 28, 2021 9:38 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Don't take this the wrong way, fella; but all of this is wrong in too many ways for me to pontificate on after drinking for most of the day.

Sober me would agree with inebriated me.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

As always, this question depends on if you want the QB for a game right now, for this season, or the rest of his career from this point forward. Let's call these sub questions A, B, and C respectively.

A - Tom Brady
B - Tom Brady
C - Justin Herbert
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Cheb wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 10:02 pm As always, this question depends on if you want the QB for a game right now, for this season, or the rest of his career from this point forward. Let's call these sub questions A, B, and C respectively.

A - Tom Brady
B - Tom Brady
C - Justin Herbert
The idea is right now with this Football Team. The point I was trying to make is instead of trying to nitpick every little thing Tom Brady does wrong, let's seriously ask ourselves who else would be better. If you cannot come up with like 10 others, please stop the nonsense and let's be a fan of the Team and argue the other issues.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

I would take Murray, Rodgers, Dak, Herbert, Mahomes, Carr, and Jones over Brady at this point in the season. So Brady is the 8th best QB in the league atm.

So far Brady has been outplayed by the likes of Dak, Stafford, Mac Jones, Heinicke, Siemien, Wentz. Two of those QBs are randomly generated XFL NPC QBs and one is a rookie.

He's outplayed Matt Ryan, Justin Fields, Daniel Jones, Hurts, and Brissett. The real class of the NFL let me tell you.

Brady is doing less with more than any of the other top QBs in the league. I'm not sure what it's going to take for you all to understand how much better we should be if not for Brady under performing.

Brady hasn't had a game without an interception since October. That's also the last time he's had a good game. So far Brady's whole season is being hard carried by those first four or five games. He's been average to way below average ever since. That's called regression.

We should be 10-1 right now with the #1 seed. There's no excuse to be anything less than that. I don't want to hear about injuries. Talk to Aaron Rodgers about that who beat the Cardinals on the road with 11 starts out. Or yesterday when Rodgers actually beat the Rams with a makeshift Oline and other injuries across the board.

I also don't want to hear about Gronk and AB being missing. Those two players weren't part of the plan when Brady signed up to play for the Bucs. They were surprise accessory pieces that many of YOU shit on when they were announced. So you mean to tell me that this is the Brady we would've had for two seasons now if he only had Evans, Godwin, Miller, Brate, OJ, and Rojo? Because those were the weapons we were sold to Brady and lured him to Tampa. If he can't looked good with that lineup, which is better than all but a few teams in the NFL btw, then what the fuck are we talking about here? Brady completely neglects Evans and he may as well not be on the fucking team and zeroes in on checkdowns and his blanky targets in Gronk and AB. It's embarrassing.

Oh, well we didn't just bring Brady for his stats, but also his intangibles, right? How about us being one of the most penalized teams in the league? How about the team looking flat on the road EVERY GOD DAMN GAME? Where's the "Brady effect" this year? I'm thinking he actually tried last year and now he's just using the team for his own brand and post NFL life. He doesn't look interested in the game at all and is lifeless.

I'm not going to jump on hand grenades for the anointed GOAT and 20 year vet. He looks like he just picked up a football for the first time on the road and can only look above average at home. That's not what we signed up for.
nybf

Post by nybf »

nybf wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:56 am
MJW

Post by MJW »

I'm basing this 100% on who I'd want to try to win a Superbowl with *this season.* No consideration for upside, contract status, whatever. Just using the "designated" starters, not the injury fill-ins or seat-warmers.

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Patrick Mahomes
Kyler Murray
Dak Prescott
Josh Allen
Matt Stafford
Lamar Jackson
Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert
Derek Carr
Mac Jones (!)
Kirk Cousins
Russell Wilson
Ryan Tannehill
Matt Ryan
Jimmy Garappolo
Jalen Hurts
Baker Mayfield
Jameis Winston
Tua Tagovailoa
Carson Wentz
Jared Goff
Ben Roethlisberger
Tyrod Taylor
Teddy Bridgewater
Cam Newton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Daniel Jones
Trevor Lawrence
Sam Darnold
Justin Fields
Zach Wilson

I ended up with 33 somehow, but I'm not going to try to figure it out.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
MJW

Post by MJW »

Looking at this list, this is not a great group of quarterbacks right now.

Mahomes, Allen, Jackson, Herbert, Wilson, Tannehill, Baker, Goff, Roethlisberger have all declined in production this season, or failed to ascend in some cases.

Mac Jones and Kyler Murray (and to a lesser extent, Joe Burrow) are really the only youngsters who have crashed the party.

With the exception of Mac Jones (and Lance because he hasn't played), all the rookies have been terrible.

There are a bunch of guys who are good, but will never be great, higher than you'd like - Carr, Cousins, Tannehill, Ryan (at this point of his career), Garappolo...

And there's very little help coming from this draft class.
Let's roll another joint
MJW

Post by MJW »

If you feel confident about his legal status and his potential discipline from the NFL, you're offering three #1s plus for Deshaun Watson.
Let's roll another joint
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Over the past four to six games, what exactly has Brady done better than Rodgers, Mahomes, Jones, Allen or Herbert?
McFan

Post by McFan »

MJW wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:03 am I ended up with 33 somehow, but I'm not going to try to figure it out.
Because you have Cam Newtown AND Sam Darnold listed.
BLT

Post by BLT »

MJW wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:10 am If you feel confident about his legal status and his potential discipline from the NFL, you're offering three #1s plus for Deshaun Watson.
Well, not if you're a good GM in a good organization. That's way too much for a guy that has to satiate a need for rape.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Despite the bulk of his 9 picks not being on him, Tom Brady is still:

* The # 1 DYAR QB in the league (FBO).

* The # 1 graded QB in the league (PFF).

* Has simultaneously had one of the lowest TTT (Time to Throw) in the league despite top 6 ADoT (Average Depth of Target) which produces the lowest Sack % in the league (despite a downfield passing game).

* 5th in Big Time Throw %, 1st in Turnover Worthy Play %.

* And the orthodox numbers are there to boot at 300 + YPG, almost 3 TDs per game, 2nd in 1st downs.

+++++++

How it’s not Brady is…well…it’s something.

I’ll go:

1 Brady
2 Mahomes
3 Rodgers
4 Murray
5 Prescott
BLT

Post by BLT »

MJW wrote: Tue Nov 30, 2021 2:03 am I'm basing this 100% on who I'd want to try to win a Superbowl with *this season.* No consideration for upside, contract status, whatever. Just using the "designated" starters, not the injury fill-ins or seat-warmers.

Tom Brady
Aaron Rodgers
Patrick Mahomes
Kyler Murray
Dak Prescott
Josh Allen
Matt Stafford
Lamar Jackson
Joe Burrow
Justin Herbert
Derek Carr
Mac Jones (!)
Kirk Cousins
Russell Wilson
Ryan Tannehill
Matt Ryan
Jimmy Garappolo
Jalen Hurts
Baker Mayfield
Jameis Winston
Tua Tagovailoa
Carson Wentz
Jared Goff
Ben Roethlisberger
Tyrod Taylor
Teddy Bridgewater
Cam Newton
Ryan Fitzpatrick
Daniel Jones
Trevor Lawrence
Sam Darnold
Justin Fields
Zach Wilson

I ended up with 33 somehow, but I'm not going to try to figure it out.
I agree with this whole list in the exact same order I wouldn't change one.

If anything, maybe move Wentz above Tua.
McFan

Post by McFan »

The list is decently compiled however why Ryan Fitzpatrick is on it is beside me. Also, Teddy Bridgewater is better than Tyrod Taylor and Ben is worse than both of them. Lastly, Darnold is no longer a starter so he needs to be removed as well..
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Nobody wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:50 pm Despite the bulk of his 9 picks not being on him, Tom Brady is still:

* Has simultaneously had one of the lowest TTT (Time to Throw) in the league despite top 6 ADoT (Average Depth of Target) which produces the lowest Sack % in the league (despite a downfield passing game).

* And the orthodox numbers are there to boot at 300 + YPG, almost 3 TDs per game, 2nd in 1st downs.

+++++++

I’ll go:

1 Brady
2 Mahomes
3 Rodgers
4 Murray
5 Prescott
Wait - you mean, sometimes an interception is less than 100% the fault of the quarterback? I suppose next you'll want us to consider that, though he has good wideouts, he doesn't have a Cooper Kupp or Davante Adams; he has a pretty decent TE, but of course one fatuous person on here would tell us that Brady shouldn't even be allowed to throw to that guy because he wasn't already a Buc when Brady came here.

Don't get all crazy and tell us that quality of routes matters, or catching the ball rather than letting it bounce right out of your chest-level hands into the hands of a defender is important.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Brady
Rodgers
Mahomes
Stafford
Carr
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Nobody wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 3:50 pm Despite the bulk of his 9 picks not being on him, Tom Brady is still:

+++++++

I’ll go:

1 Brady
2 Mahomes
3 Rodgers
4 Murray
5 Prescott
Great information there. I can't disagree with your 5, except I would still take Rodgers as #1 as much as I can't stand the guy.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Buccabeer wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:43 pm

+++++++

I’ll go:

1 Brady
2 Mahomes
3 Rodgers
4 Murray
5 Prescott
Great information there. I can't disagree with your 5, except I would still take Rodgers as #1 as much as I can't stand the guy.
He, Marino, and Moon are the most talented raw passers I’ve ever seen.

ARod’s a little too mercurial…a little too fickle…he’s got like 2.5 % Jay Cutler in him and, although that’s barely anything, that’s 2.5 % too much.

And his Clutch Gene has turned off randomly in some of the biggest moments of his career (and that 2.5 % Cutler body language has shown up).

Those two things throttle him back for me a hair.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Nobody wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 4:35 pm
Buccabeer wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 2:43 pm

He, Marino, and Moon are the most talented raw passers I’ve ever seen.

ARod’s a little too mercurial…a little too fickle…he’s got like 2.5 % Jay Cutler in him and, although that’s barely anything, that’s 2.5 % too much.

And his Clutch Gene has turned off randomly in some of the biggest moments of his career (and that 2.5 % Cutler body language has shown up).

Those two things throttle him back for me a hair.
I'd throw one guy who didn't make good on this list - Jeff George. George's arm was a goddamn Madden glitch. He'd take the snap, drop back, flick his wrist (often from below his waist) and the ball would travel 60 yards on a line.

Let's roll another joint