Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Colts 38-31

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Buc2

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Colts 38-31

Post by Buc2 »

Heisenberg wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:22 pm
Sdbucs wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:31 pm We’ve missed having the AB/Miller speed threat and even though we didn’t have success with it today we’ll start to figure it out again
I’m surprised we don’t see more Scotty with AB out. It seems all we do is run him straight down the field tho. I almost forget we still have him at times.
It was Miller’s first game back since getting injured like 7+ weeks ago. So I’m not surprised you haven’t noticed him.
Don't tread on me
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

23/32 310 yards 2 TD 0 Interceptions

Vs

25/34 226 yards 1 TD 1 Interception

One of those stat lines belongs to a rookie. One of those stat lines belongs to the QB playing for the best team in football.

Hmm.
Last edited by ATrain on Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BLT

Post by BLT »

ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:35 pm <a href="tel:23/32 310">23/32 310</a> yards 2 TD 0 Interceptions

Vs

<a href="tel:35/34 226">35/34 226</a> yards 1 TD 1 Interception

One of those stat lines belongs to a rookie. One of those stat lines belongs to the QB playing for the best team in football.

Hmm.
Damn he completed more passes than he attempted? He is the GOAT

Get a load of this fucking idiot…
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

BLT wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:40 pm
ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:35 pm <a href="tel:23/32 310">23/32 310</a> yards 2 TD 0 Interceptions

Vs

<a href="tel:35/34 226">35/34 226</a> yards 1 TD 1 Interception

Hmm.
Damn he completed more passes than he attempted? He is the GOAT

Get a load of this fucking idiot…
A typo is all you got? Keep trying sweetheart.
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

Lol
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

when was the last time we had a 100 yard rusher? was it when rojo ran that 98 yarder. lol. its definitely been a while
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:56 pm
ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:29 pm B- game. Only because we came back and won on the road vs a good football team

Brady with back to back C+ games which is an improvement. Only one TD though and four games straight with an interception. Yikes.

Defense both played great and dreadful. They played great just a little more than dreadful.

We took the ball out of Brady's hands on that last drive and scored the game winning drive. That's significant.

Hopefully Dean doesn't have a serious injury.

Bowles is terrible and needs to go the second the season starts.

Leftwich looked passable as a playcaller today which is a massive improvement over the typical middle school level of playcalling he usually displays.

Arians useless like usual.

Brady may have leveled off his regression to decent game manager which is a good sign considering he was plummeting towards final year Manning levels.
Do you remember when you apologized for being so cynical after last season?

Calm the fuck down. We have a 3 game lead in the division.

Others are calling not to respond to you. The consensus isn't wrong. Find a way to be critically realistic without being Debbie Downer.
Didn't you know? Brady, who went in to the weekend as the MVP favorite, is clearly as poor of a player as final year Peyton Manning who had the following stat line (198 331 59.8% 2,249 6.8 9 17 67.9) vs Brady's (423 284 67.14% 3177 7.5 62 29 8 104.3 ).

The numbers don't lie!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 11:17 am The game plan this week is clear and obvious: STOP JOHNATHAN TAYLOR.

When he rushes for >100 Colts are 6-0
When he rushes for <100 Colts are 0-5
King Bootz wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 3:11 pm
Here is another powerful stat, starring Carson Wentz.

When he has 34 or fewer pass attempts Colts are 6-1

When he has >34 pass attempts Colts are 0-4

He quite literally is their worst enemy.

They know their identity. We do too. The more Wentz we see the better it is for us.
Wash, rinse, repeat.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

3403 yards 30 TD 9 Int

Vs

2850 yards 16 TD 8 Int

One of those stat lines belongs to a rookie. One of those stat lines belongs to the QB playing for the best team in football. Oh, and one of those QBs has played 1 more game than the other.

Hmm.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Arians characterized Dean's shoulder injury as "not good" when asked about it. So just as we're on the cusp of getting our secondary back, we likely lost Dean for remainder of the regular season.

Between Brady regressing and the injuries, the football God's clearly have no interest watching the Bucs repeat.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I was unable to watch the game. Looking at the box scores though, don't know what to make of this game.

2-8 on 3rd down with 63 plays run, I don't know whether to be impressed we only got to 3rd down 8 times or dismayed that we could only convert 2 of them.

I like the commitment to the run game.

I also can tell by the numbers that this trend defenses have used of playing 2 high looks is continuing. Not many big plays in the passing game for Brady it seems. But we adjusted by committing to the run. We have to do that. Defenses will start creeping their safety down and those big plays will return for us. That's also 4 straight games Brady has had a turnover. Something to keep an eye on.

Defensively, good God. 5 turnovers. Definitely a mix of great plays by us/stupid mistakes by the Colts. What troubles me is the 5.4 ypc on the ground. I'm not sure what the Colts offensive game plan was. But giving Johnathan Taylor only 16 carries while Wentz has 50 drop backs(44 passes, 3 sacks, gonna assume the 3 rushes were scrambles) is a recipe for losing. And his numbers were classic Carson. 3 TDs & 3 turnovers. Wash, rinse, repeat. You see enough of Wentz, he's gonna give it to ya.

Glad we got a win. I look forward to seeing everyone's analysis and everything.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

It’s kind of crazy we beat the Colts at their own game (running the ball and winning turnover battle). I’m mildly concerned with our passing game but with AB coming back I’m liking our chances to finish the season strong.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Brady completely ignored Mike Evans again as well. Sucks that Brady is going to cost Evans his 8th straight 1,000 yard season.
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:28 pm It’s kind of crazy we beat the Colts at their own game (running the ball and winning turnover battle). I’m mildly concerned with our passing game but with AB coming back I’m liking our chances to finish the season strong.
this might sounds like a hot take but i think AB is the best player on our team. the results certainly wouldn't indicate otherwise (we're undefeated with him in the lineup). especially when we have gronk AND ab we're completely dominant
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

NeezDuts wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:50 pm
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 6:28 pm It’s kind of crazy we beat the Colts at their own game (running the ball and winning turnover battle). I’m mildly concerned with our passing game but with AB coming back I’m liking our chances to finish the season strong.
this might sounds like a hot take but i think AB is the best player on our team. the results certainly wouldn't indicate otherwise (we're undefeated with him in the lineup). especially when we have gronk AND ab we're completely dominant
He's absolutely the best WR and it's not even close.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Brady signed up to play with Evans, Godwin, Miller, OJ, Brate, and Rojo. Those wete our "plethora" of weapons that attracted Brady to begin with

If he can't succeed with those guys on the field, then he's failing to live up to expectations.

AB, Gronk, and Lenny weren't part of the equation and even got slammed by many of this board when we signed them.

If he needs AB and Gronk in order to look like a starting QB, then we got swindled by TB12.
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:05 pm Brady signed up to play with Evans, Godwin, Miller, OJ, Brate, and Rojo. Those wete our "plethora" of weapons that attracted Brady to begin with

If he can't succeed with those guys on the field, then he's failing to live up to expectations.

AB, Gronk, and Lenny weren't part of the equation and even got slammed by many of this board when we signed them.

If he needs AB and Gronk in order to look like a starting QB, then we got swindled by TB12.
regardless of whether or not this is true, the results speak for themselves. Gronk and AB are our most impactful offensive threats and the numbers say as a TEAM we struggle without them. i don't know if brady is the player he was last year or 5 years ago or 10 years ago but as a team we can repeat if our biggest threats are in the lineup.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

NeezDuts wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:12 pm
ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:05 pm Brady signed up to play with Evans, Godwin, Miller, OJ, Brate, and Rojo. Those wete our "plethora" of weapons that attracted Brady to begin with

regardless of whether or not this is true, the results speak for themselves. Gronk and AB are our most impactful offensive threats and the numbers say as a TEAM we struggle without them. i don't know if brady is the player he was last year or 5 years ago or 10 years ago but as a team we can repeat if our biggest threats are in the lineup.
No doubt they're our best weapons. But that's either an indictment of Evans, Godwin and company or it's an indictment of Brady's ability to utilize the weapons he signed up to work with.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:20 pm
No doubt they're our best weapons. But that's either an indictment of Evans, Godwin and company or it's an indictment of Brady's ability to utilize the weapons he signed up to work with.
Going into this Sunday, wasn't Brady leading the NFL in TD passes and yards?

What else do you want from the man? For him to do your fucking laundry?
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Capsaicin wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:29 pm 2 biggest takeaways

-Gronk is a beast

-Lenny should have taken a knee instead of a TD

Disagree @Cheb. The Colts were struggling big time until they abandoned the run.

Biggest sequence was the INT from Winfield and the catch and run 1st down by Gronk in the following series
I thought the same thing about Fournette not taking a knee. I can almost understand letting him have the TD, as clearly he was on a mission on that play and not to be denied; but it almost came back to bite us.

The flip side of that is, what if we had played for the last-second field goal and then missed it?
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Cheb wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:23 pm

Not shitting the bed vs NO and WFT so we're 10-1 and the clear #1 seed.

Not approaching leading the league in interceptions.

Doing more to win MVP so a Buc player finally gets that nod.

That's a good start.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Don't you know? He should have 500 TD passes and never throw an incompletion. Every receiver on our team should get 1500 yards receiving and 20 TDs on the season. Anything less is a failure, even if we repeat. Because after all, practically every year in the NFL there are lots of 44-year-olds outplaying all the younger guys, and we can't just be satisfied with MVP-level numbers and being near the top of the NFC, far ahead of where we were last year though our defense has been nothing but ass for most of the season - we have to expect, and even demand, more from our QB. Anything less than 10 TDs a game and getting all the receivers records all in the same season is unacceptable.

I mean look, in the end you can't really expect the defense to show up regularly and do their job, right? It's supposed to all be on one guy's shoulders. If he doesn't single-handedly drag all the underperformers and back-ups to victory every game, well then we should kick him to the curb and find the next Jaboo.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

2 for 8 on 3rd down and still put up 38 points - good job Tampa Bay!
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I hope we get some more dedicated Buc Fans here - we got room.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Posting for clarity from Admin standpoint, as icky as that makes me feel.

Troll accounts are not banhammer status. Don't like em? Don't feed em. But stop reporting them for unpopular opinions. I see the mod logs and some of yall are ridiculous.

Thanks for attending my TEDtalk.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Good job TE Josh Wells.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Moozician

Post by Moozician »

What "indictment?" We are 8-3... 3 games up in the division and a game or two out of the #1 seed.

I get it. You just DON'T like Brady. You must have had a Sanka-Esque belief in Jameis Winston.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Rocker wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:30 pm Posting for clarity from Admin standpoint, as icky as that makes me feel.

Troll accounts are not banhammer status. Don't like em? Don't feed em. But stop reporting them for unpopular opinions. I see the mod logs and some of yall are ridiculous.

For the record mdb is not one of them.

There are choices and I prefer good Buc fans, ones that will fight to keep that perspective above all else.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 7:36 pm

Not shitting the bed vs NO and WFT so we're 10-1 and the clear #1 seed.

Not approaching leading the league in interceptions.

Doing more to win MVP so a Buc player finally gets that nod.

That's a good start.
Gotta ask... At this point, who would you rather have?
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:41 pm
Rocker wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:30 pm Posting for clarity from Admin standpoint, as icky as that makes me feel.

For the record mdb is not one of them.

There are choices and I prefer good Buc fans, ones that will fight to keep that perspective above all else.
You might be the most frustrating poster to read over many years, but I don't think anyone would accuse you of being a troll.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

BA is so BA

mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Just think @Moozician we outscored every team this week so far except Cincy (41)!

Not too shabby considering we didnt function too well much of the game. If this offense sorts thing out, it's going to be bad news for the rest of them.
Dread

Post by Dread »

mdb1958 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:58 pm Just think @Moozician we outscored every team this week so far except Cincy (41)!

Not too shabby considering we didnt function too well much of the game. If this offense sorts thing out, it's going to be bad news for the rest of them.
3 of our first 4 drives were 3 & outs. The other was a fumble.

After that the offense was pretty dominant.

Hopefully Ali and AB are back in the next week or two.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Yeah, just call em a stupid cocksucker in public rather than running to the mods clutching your pearls you fucking sissies.