Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Colts 38-31

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Nano

Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Colts 38-31

Post by Nano »

Bucs move to 8-3 with a 2.5 game lead in the division.
Cheb

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs beat the Colts 38-31

Post by Cheb »

We are lucky the Colts forgot that they had the best healthy running back in the league for about 3 quarters.

Glad we won, but easily coulda lost it.

Props to Lenny with his four total TDs, as well as Gronk with his most receiving yards since 2017. They were a two-man show on offense.

Defensively, we had plenty of fuckups but made up for those with big plays. A mixed bag for sure.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

The fact they won despite only scoring 3 points on two consecutive Colts turnovers tells me they won a game they were playing uphill.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Great gut check win. Gotta stop getting injured.
Kona

Post by Kona »

Cheb wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:25 pm We are lucky the Colts forgot that they had the best healthy running back in the league for about 3 quarters.

Props to Lenny with his four total TDs, as well as Gronk with his most receiving yards since 2017. They were a two-man show on offense.

Defensively, we had plenty of fuckups but made up for those with big plays. A mixed bag for sure.
What he said
Backside

Post by Backside »

Winning on the road ugly against a good team. I’ll take it. Let’s iron out the kinks against a soft part of the schedule.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

This team desperately needs CD3 back.

You can make a strong case that he is the most important and impactful player on this defense (with Barrett, Vea, and LVD right in that mix).

I'm cautiously optimistic that we'll see a much more reliable defense when he returns (hopefully next week).
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Great game.

I have full confidence in Fournette as RB1. He catches, runs hard and pass blocks. I want him re-signed next season if it’s not too expensive.

Gronk single handedly kept the pass game alive. Brady and Gronk’s connection is deserving of it’s mythical reputation.

Leftwich deserves credit for his 2nd half play calling. Even considering how he kept scheming Gronk open when it was clear the offense was featuring Gronk as it’s first choice.

The goddamn defense came to PLAY in the 2nd half. I love it. That Winfield pick is next level shit.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

One more add: we just beat a GOOD team despite multiple injuries at OL, DL, DB and LB. That’s what good teams do.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

B- game. Only because we came back and won on the road vs a good football team

Brady with back to back C+ games which is an improvement. Only one TD though and four games straight with an interception. Yikes.

Defense both played great and dreadful. They played great just a little more than dreadful.

We took the ball out of Brady's hands on that last drive and scored the game winning drive. That's significant.

Hopefully Dean doesn't have a serious injury.

Bowles is terrible and needs to go the second the season starts.

Leftwich looked passable as a playcaller today which is a massive improvement over the typical middle school level of playcalling he usually displays.

Arians useless like usual.

Brady may have leveled off his regression to decent game manager which is a good sign considering he was plummeting towards final year Manning levels.
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

2 biggest takeaways

-Gronk is a beast

-Lenny should have taken a knee instead of a TD

Disagree @Cheb. The Colts were struggling big time until they abandoned the run.

Biggest sequence was the INT from Winfield and the catch and run 1st down by Gronk in the following series
Hit55

Post by Hit55 »

Can we fire our trainer? Too damn many players getting injured.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

As a fan, there were lots of ups, downs and no lack of drama. Fun game to watch when it’s your team that ends up on top.

Loved sending all those Colts fans home disappointed.
Last edited by Buc2 on Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don't tread on me
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Anyone that responds to Lugz should be banned.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

We’ve missed having the AB/Miller speed threat and even though we didn’t have success with it today we’ll start to figure it out again
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:45 pm
ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 11:26 am Oi, one innocent and innocuous statement and the lemmings come calling. You girls have fun today in the gameday thread, I'll just watch and laugh instead of taking part. Ya'll are safe from my truth serum for today's game. Enjoy :)
I’d bet my life that there is no chance you stay out of the game day thread
@acmillis Looks like you lost sweetheart. I'll let you hang around though, I enjoy piecing you up on a daily basis.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Capsaicin wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:29 pm 2 biggest takeaways

-Gronk is a beast

-Lenny should have taken a knee instead of a TD

Disagree @Cheb. The Colts were struggling big time until they abandoned the run.

Biggest sequence was the INT from Winfield and the catch and run 1st down by Gronk in the following series
Given the resulting kickoff, you're not wrong. :lol:
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

Sdbucs wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:31 pm We’ve missed having the AB/Miller speed threat and even though we didn’t have success with it today we’ll start to figure it out again
Miller got us a long PI call that would have been a TD
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:30 pm Anyone that responds to Lugz should be banned.
Start with yourself. You mentioned me by name, which is clearly a response.

Let your actions match the conviction of your words.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

uscbucsfan wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:30 pm Anyone that responds to Lugz should be banned.
First time I have ever placed someone on the ignore list. Dude is a doofus and cancer. Might make an OT challenge thread where everyone is challenged to place him on ignore list.

If the Mods can't can his ass... the people can and will.
Last edited by Digital_Damage on Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Cheb wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:25 pm We are lucky the Colts forgot that they had the best healthy running back in the league for about 3 quarters.

I don’t like this take overall. I say that because it takes away from the adjustment and performance by the defense. When the Colts weren’t running we all felt it made sense because they were shredding our pass defense. They scored 24 points while ignoring the run and were up 24-14.

So we can’t now say if they would have run the ball they’d have won. If they ran the ball and went up 24-14 our defense may have done exactly what we did: adjust to them and get a gritty win. You would have a point if the Colts stuff with a passing game that didn’t work, but their passing game was effective. Our defense was simply better with timely takeaways and capitalizing on Colts’ mistakes.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

You cannot underestimate what this game does for confidence in this Team. You can focus on X's and O's all you want, I'm saying this was the biggest win of the year and we NEEDED it.

We need to keep getting more healthy, not less though...
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

8-3 sounded way better than 7-4.

Injuries galore and we pull it off. Almost blew it though again.

Was actually impressed again by the Colts. They uncharacteristically turned the ball over today. Their D held Evans/Godwin in check.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:33 pm

I don’t like this take overall. I say that because it takes away from the adjustment and performance by the defense. When the Colts weren’t running we all felt it made sense because they were shredding our pass defense. They scored 24 points while ignoring the run and were up 24-14.

So we can’t now say if they would have run the ball they’d have won. If they ran the ball and went up 24-14 our defense may have done exactly what we did: adjust to them and get a gritty win. You would have a point if the Colts stuff with a passing game that didn’t work, but their passing game was effective. Our defense was simply better with timely takeaways and capitalizing on Colts’ mistakes.
Let me push back on this for a moment. Had they established the running game with Jonathan Taylor (and he excelled as he typically does), they might not have turned the ball over at all and dominated Time of Possession. Also, it's hard to say the Colts' passing game was effective when it turned the ball over four times (granted, one was the final play of the game).
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Buccabeer wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:33 pm You cannot underestimate what this game does for confidence in this Team. You can focus on X's and O's all you want, I'm saying this was the biggest win of the year and we NEEDED it.

We need to keep getting more healthy, not less though...
I agree with this. Every game from here on out of must win and this was a very losable game. We've been dreadful on the road all year and needed to beat someone like the Colts to pump some life back into the team.

Probably our best win of the year and we did it with a C+ performance overall.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Hmmm...stratosphere-view game balls.

Barrett and LVD on defense.

Fournette, Gronk, DSmith, Cappa, Leftwich on offense.

+++++++++++++++

Donovan Smith has really been excellent this year. Can't understate that. If this was him from start of year 3 on, there would be nothing but contentment.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:29 pm B- game. Only because we came back and won on the road vs a good football team

Brady with back to back C+ games which is an improvement. Only one TD though and four games straight with an interception. Yikes.

Defense both played great and dreadful. They played great just a little more than dreadful.

We took the ball out of Brady's hands on that last drive and scored the game winning drive. That's significant.

Leftwich looked passable as a playcaller today which is a massive improvement over the typical middle school level of playcalling he usually displays.

Brady may have leveled off his regression to decent game manager which is a good sign considering he was plummeting towards final year Manning levels.
Do you remember when you apologized for being so cynical after last season?

Calm the fuck down. We have a 3 game lead in the division.

Others are calling not to respond to you. The consensus isn't wrong. Find a way to be critically realistic without being Debbie Downer.
air-buc-pirate

Post by air-buc-pirate »

ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:31 pm
acmillis wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 12:45 pm

I’d bet my life that there is no chance you stay out of the game day thread
@acmillis Looks like you lost sweetheart. I'll let you hang around though, I enjoy piecing you up on a daily basis.
I’m sure he’s glad he lost baby girl.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Nobody wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:55 pm Hmmm...stratosphere-view game balls.

Barrett and LVD on defense.

Fournette, Gronk, DSmith, Cappa, Leftwich on offense.

+++++++++++++++

Donovan Smith has really been excellent this year. Can't understate that. If this was him from start of year 3 on, there would be nothing but contentment.
And Godwin on that God-tier block for the game winning run.

Also, do you think Brady has hit his regression floor of an above average game manager or do we still have more regression to look forward to? I think he's basically at a week 4 or 5 Mac Jones level of competency and will stay there for the remainder of the year
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:56 pm
ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:29 pm B- game. Only because we came back and won on the road vs a good football team

Do you remember when you apologized for being so cynical after last season?

Calm the fuck down. We have a 3 game lead in the division.

Others are calling not to respond to you. The consensus isn't wrong. Find a way to be critically realistic without being Debbie Downer.
And I regret making that apology because it literally didn't matter, people still picked fights with me endlessly and just wouldn't let me be in peace.

I even went so far as to make a new profile but these mooks wouldn't let LUGZ die.

So this is what people wanted otherwise they would've shut the fuck up and let ATrain be chill and cool like I was until the cunts forced the hand of the mods.

Now I don't give a fuck. The mooks on here made their bed, now they gotta lay in it.
Last edited by ATrain on Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

A big-time comeback win. It should boost the team's confidence heading towards the ultimate goal. My only issue is that the defense is so darned inconsistent.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Only complaint (if it can even be called a complaint) was the failure to get off the field on a lot of third downs.... Turnovers bailed us out, several times, but you can't count on them to happen that often....

Offense played well, defense was ok, and except for that first punt and that last blown kickoff coverage special teams were ok
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Ronald Jones looked explosive with his opportunities.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Sdbucs wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 4:31 pm We’ve missed having the AB/Miller speed threat and even though we didn’t have success with it today we’ll start to figure it out again
I’m surprised we don’t see more Scotty with AB out. It seems all we do is run him straight down the field tho. I almost forget we still have him at times.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 5:17 pm Ronald Jones looked explosive with his opportunities.
As always. I get Lenny is the more complete back but we gotta get RoJo more touches. He averages over 5ypc and runs hard every touch.