**Bucs @ Panthers discussion**

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: **Bucs @ Panthers discussion**

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:18 am
mdb1958 wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 5:08 am 12/21 Derrick Brown goes to covid and is back.
12/21 Breshad Perryman goes to covid and isnt.
Makes one wonder if Perryman was vaccinated or not. Perhaps he just has worse symptoms but the rules for when you can come back are different for the vaccinated players.
Perriman is still experiencing symptoms.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:29 am
13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:18 am

Makes one wonder if Perryman was vaccinated or not. Perhaps he just has worse symptoms but the rules for when you can come back are different for the vaccinated players.
Pretty soon the team will have to start Trask and run the Tripple wing offense. :oops:

Unbelievable that the injuries have been so concentrated this season. WRs and DBs have taken a real hit.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:35 am
King Bootz wrote: Sun Dec 26, 2021 11:29 am

Pretty soon the team will have to start Trask and run the Tripple wing offense. :oops:

Unbelievable that the injuries have been so concentrated this season. WRs and DBs have taken a real hit.
I don't think we've ever had our team completely healthy at the same time at any point this season. Remember Jordan Whitehead didn't play week 1.

All of our WRs except Tyler Johnson have missed games to injury/Covid. Every DB has missed a game to injury except Andrew Adams who I believe was a healthy scratch most weeks.
Dread

Post by Dread »

We only got 2 games with Evans, Godwin, AB, and Gronk all healthy and together.

That's too bad...Could've been a historic season had those weapons played 14+ games. Gronk and AB looked great early also

Gronk was hurt week 3 vs the Rams
AB was out after the Eagles game before Gronk returned
Godwin gone now
Nano

Post by Nano »

@MJW, I'm curious what's your take on the game we saw today. You've been the biggest defender of Matt Rhule but the coaching by him today was...inexcusably bad. His rotating QB strategy was ridiculous, he burned through his TOs at poor times like he expected to get more, and his team made practically no adjustments throughout the game.

If this was a Bucs coach, I imagine everyone here would be raising their pitchforks and demanding a firing. And it wouldn't be a bad take.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Nano it's tme for you to look at college prospects for some of your answers.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Got a technical question for the experts. It relates to in-game substitutions. I think I saw something along the lines of this question, by Bootz, but I cannot find it, and my wife gave me a head cold for Christmas and I really don't feel up to sitting upright in my chair to look for it. Anyway, I was always under the impression that the QB position was the only slot that, once you pull the QB, he is done for the game. So I was flummoxed with the Cam/Sam repeated swaps. Did this change sometime recently? Was this allowed because the officials were briefed in advance? Or did Carolina get away with something? It seemed to me the "announcers" had some misgivings as well.
Push the damned button already!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

@IronDog You're talking about the old "emergency QB" rules. There use to be a designer emergency QB that did not count against game day inactive players. If the emergency QB came into the game, it made the other QBs ineligible to return until the 4th quarter. And IIRC if the emergency QB came into the game in the 4th then the other QBs could not return.

They did away with those rules I believe when the 2011 CBA was agreed upon or a few years before or after. But I do remember the rule.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:45 pm @IronDog You're talking about the old "emergency QB" rules. There use to be a designer emergency QB that did not count against game day inactive players. If the emergency QB came into the game, it made the other QBs ineligible to return until the 4th quarter. And IIRC if the emergency QB came into the game in the 4th then the other QBs could not return.

They did away with those rules I believe when the 2011 CBA was agreed upon or a few years before or after. But I do remember the rule.
Thanks.
Push the damned button already!