Chris Godwin: Out for the season

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Backside

Re: Chris Godwin: Out for the season

Post by Backside »

ATrain wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:12 pm Wait, what? So now he's done for the playoffs as well????
And into next season too. He’ll be signing a free agent deal on crutches. Brutal blow for the Bucs. Even worse for him. A damn shame all around.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Phantom wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:14 pm
ATrain wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:12 pm Wait, what? So now he's done for the playoffs as well????
Yes…
What a catastrophe. Can't think of a more painful and comprehensive loss than the one this team suffered last night.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I have this uneasy feeling that the game yesterday was another bounty game.
Snake

Post by Snake »

13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:21 pm I have this uneasy feeling that the game yesterday was another bounty game.
It’s a natural thought. However, LF’s splits were a freak thing. Godwin doesn’t get hurt if Brady doesn’t serve him up a hospital ball. Evans was tick tack.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:21 pm I have this uneasy feeling that the game yesterday was another bounty game.
That wasn't a bounty game. They were simply more physical than us. Plain and simple.

It's ironic to me that fans complain QBs are protected too much but then complain about injuries being "bounties" in a physical football game.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:32 pm
That wasn't a bounty game. They were simply more physical than us. Plain and simple.

It's ironic to me that fans complain QBs are protected too much but then complain about injuries being "bounties" in a physical football game.
I said uneasy feeling. I did not say that it was one.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

I just feel sick now. Between Godwin and the unknown status of Evans and Lenny, last night could've been the killshot on our season.

AB is going to be rusty as hell and has missed a lot of time since being here so he's not exactly reliable.

Gronk is looking older and older every game that passes by.

Guess we'll see but things aren't looking great for us.
Dread

Post by Dread »

That really sucks. Godwin does everything well and is so instrumental in so many parts of the offense, including the run game. Neither AB or Evans can fill that void.

Tough reality of football. Tough situation all around with this happening so late in the season for a team with hopes for another deep playoff run. Not to mention personally for Godwin who is going to sign a big contract this offseason.

ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Dread wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:45 pm That really sucks. Godwin does everything well and is so instrumental in so many parts of the offense, including the run game. Neither AB or Evans can fill that void.

Tough reality of football. Tough situation all around with this happening so late in the season for a team with hopes for another deep playoff run. Not to mention personally for Godwin who is going to sign a big contract this offseason.

Godwin will sign for sure but will he even want to stay with the Bucs? I just don't see Brady staying another year so it will be right back to what Godwin was likely tired of dealing with which is the losing Bucs culture.

Can Licht negotiate a contract now with him or does the franchise tag prohibit that? If we can, now would be the time to hand him a big contract when he's at his lowest.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:50 pm
Dread wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:45 pm That really sucks. Godwin does everything well and is so instrumental in so many parts of the offense, including the run game. Neither AB or Evans can fill that void.

Godwin will sign for sure but will he even want to stay with the Bucs? I just don't see Brady staying another year so it will be right back to what Godwin was likely tired of dealing with which is the losing Bucs culture.

Can Licht negotiate a contract now with him or does the franchise tag prohibit that? If we can, now would be the time to hand him a big contract when he's at his lowest.
No guarantee he's back with the Bucs, Brady or not.

Licht cannot negotiate a contract with him until next year. And even if he could, your reasoning there is exactly why his agent wouldn't even pick up the phone and it's why players need to get as much as they can.

There's no true loyalty in football. Godwin better get as much as he wants as quickly as he can.
Tnbandwagoner

Re: Chris Godwin: Last regular season game as a Buc?

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:47 am
Tnbandwagoner wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:42 am
A pile of cow excrement. Oh, sorry, I thought you wanted a description of Tyler's play.
All things considering I don't think he's playing badly. I think expectations are way too high and unrealistic for who he is as a player. People want to compare him to Chris Godwin because they have similar size. But it's not who he is.
I don’t think he’s terrible. I just think he’s not consistently reliable. And that loses games.
King Bootz

Re: Chris Godwin: Last regular season game as a Buc?

Post by King Bootz »

Tnbandwagoner wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:56 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:47 am

All things considering I don't think he's playing badly. I think expectations are way too high and unrealistic for who he is as a player. People want to compare him to Chris Godwin because they have similar size. But it's not who he is.
I don’t think he’s terrible. I just think he’s not consistently reliable. And that loses games.
Of course he's not. He's a 2nd year 5th round pick. He shouldn't be relied on.
Kona

Post by Kona »

Well that sucks. Get well soon Chris, hopefully we’ll see you on the field in pewter and red next year!
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 3:56 pm

No guarantee he's back with the Bucs, Brady or not.

Licht cannot negotiate a contract with him until next year. And even if he could, your reasoning there is exactly why his agent wouldn't even pick up the phone and it's why players need to get as much as they can.

There's no true loyalty in football. Godwin better get as much as he wants as quickly as he can.
Just a complete buzzkill. Went from thinking we could build around Chris going forward to maybe seeing him play his final game as a Buc in an embarrassing loss to Bounty Saints.

I didn't think I could hate the Saints any more than I did but I found an extra layer of pure hatred for him after last night.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

I was thinking the same thing. If it comes to light everyone involved should be banned from the league. There’s no excuse for that shit and it has no place in the game. There’s a reason Collinsworth was livid over the hit on Godwin.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Tnbandwagoner wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:02 pm
I was thinking the same thing. If it comes to light everyone involved should be banned from the league. There’s no excuse for that shit and it has no place in the game. There’s a reason Collinsworth was livid over the hit on Godwin.
It was absolutely revenge for Winston. Saints are the dirtiest team in the league and we are dealing with the after effects.
accidentw8ing2happen

Post by accidentw8ing2happen »

The board has gone full conspiracy theory.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

No one is going to feel sorry for us. Time to see if other receivers they have invested in can step up.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

accidentw8ing2happen wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:23 pm The board has gone full conspiracy theory.
Makes me vomit. @Babeinbucland @13F11B @Tnbandwagoner and @ATrain are the conspiracy clowns. The NFL is 1 huge "big brother" operation to screw the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and fix games against them despite all of the winning. I swear they need to start a podcast.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:26 pm
accidentw8ing2happen wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:23 pm The board has gone full conspiracy theory.
Makes me vomit. @Babeinbucland @13F11B @Tnbandwagoner and @ATrain are the conspiracy clowns. The NFL is 1 huge "big brother" operation to screw the Tampa Bay Buccaneers and fix games against them despite all of the winning. I swear they need to start a podcast.
Hey, asswipe. I said I had an uneasy feeling. Not that I thought that was actually the case. My lord, you are a dipshit.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:30 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:26 pm

Hey, asswipe. I said I had an uneasy feeling. Not that I thought that was actually the case. My lord, you are a dipshit.
Man every single game as soon as we face the slightest adversity you start talking about games being fixed and the refs. Every single game.

Not gonna lie I laughed hard at your reply here though m
Last edited by King Bootz on Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kress

Post by Kress »

This sucks hard, but calm yourselves, people. We're spoiled. Take Godwin out, and we're still going to roll into the playoffs with a better 1-2 WR pairing than most other teams there.

Don't get me wrong, losing Godwin is awful. But if I am in season salvage mode, I'm more concerned about Lenny right now.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:37 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:30 pm

Man every single game as soon as we face the slightest adversity you start talking about games being fixed and the refs. Every single game.

I complain about missed calls. Sure. I do not think the NFL fixes games. What the hell are you talking about.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Redrum wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:24 pm No one is going to feel sorry for us. Time to see if other receivers they have invested in can step up.
I'm not going to feel sorry for us either. Time for the team to put their big boy pants on and put up or shut up.
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:41 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:37 pm

I complain about missed calls. Sure. I do not think the NFL fixes games. What the hell are you talking about.
Guilty by association.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Might be smart to run more two or three tight end sets and try to play smash mouth.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:42 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:41 pm

Guilty by association.
ASSumptions by a moron are more like what I am the victim of. Let me go wallow in the sad thoughts about Godwin being injured. I just hope he makes it back and can have a solid career. That guy honestly seemed like a HoF receiver as much, if not more, than Evans. This injury sucks for the season but also the future.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:42 pm
Redrum wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:24 pm No one is going to feel sorry for us. Time to see if other receivers they have invested in can step up.
I'm not going to feel sorry for us either. Time for the team to put their big boy pants on and put up or shut up.
I don't want to hear about big boy pants. Please leave Raheem out of this.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:51 pm
Buc2 wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:42 pm

Hey, he didn't say they had to take their underwear off. Just that they need to put their big boy pants on
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:52 pm
13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 4:51 pm

Hey, he didn't say they had to take their underwear off. Just that they need to put their big boy pants on
True, but the ASSociation I have with that phrase is to Raheem and Schiano. I don't want my mind going back to that time. Let us just say the Buccaneers have to buckle down, change how they are doing things a bit and figure out a way to put together four solid quarters of play by all three phases of the game. They have not done that once this year. The next three games need to be the start of getting that taken care of or it will be a first-round exit.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Oh my gosh, a lot of negativity nancy here..

I wish Godwin a speedy recover.

I think we’ll be fine..

AB will step up for Godwin.

Gronk can’’t do everything by himself.. It’s time for Brate and Howard to help out

In Tom we Trust!!
Last edited by Phantom on Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Yeah. We were unbelievably blessed with relative NFL health last year.

This year it’s regressed to the mean (but it’s still nothing like the 49ers got last year).

In this league (outside of a few narrow circumstances), you get what you deserve.

I’ve said it before, but this is a 5-7 win team without nonstop Elite QBing. If they can’t figure things out offensively and strap their hard hats on? Well, they get what they deserve.

We’ve got no one to blame but ourselves for a RB room that consists of Jones and Vaughn. We drafted those guys with a high 2nd and mid 3rd round picks and spent a 5th on another RB that we cut.

We’ve got no one to blame but ourselves that we’re not only not running the ball, but we’re not even putting ourselves in position to play-action. Which also puts our OL in bad position constantly pass blocking. We’ve got no one to blame but ourselves when the bulk of our passing game concepts don’t design people getting open but are rather vanilla, predictable, iso routes that pray WR’s achieve separation without schemed help (stack/bunch, exchanged releases, rubs)…particularly in crucial situations where we’re running double Hitches/Digs that are covered and a 9 route (which we throw because nothing else is open and that 9 is the only throw that has any chance plus I’d out of danger).

We draft a talented Edge rusher and then keep him off the field. We drafted 2-4 rounds that give us no real help in this short window we have.

We don’t draft good special teamers or coach good special teams.

If it’s a short playoff exit and a 2022 tear down with a Brady ejection, we’ll have earned it.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I have looked at this over and over and I have to say it looks like he intentionally went after the knee. I understand the hit is legal by the rules but I think Collingsworth has a point.

To me he lines up on the knee right there.

He is engaged with the leg with his forearm making contact to the side of the knee area.

Video Link:

Hard to watch that.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Nobody wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 5:00 pm Yeah. We were unbelievably blessed with relative NFL health last year.

This year it’s regressed to the mean (but it’s still nothing like the 49ers got last year).

In this league (outside of a few narrow circumstances), you get what you deserve.

I’ve said it before, but this is a 5-7 win team without nonstop Elite QBing. If they can’t figure things out offensively and strap their hard hats on? Well, they get what they deserve.

We’ve got no one to blame but ourselves for a RB room that consists of Jones and Vaughn. We drafted those guys with a high 2nd and mid 3rd round picks and spent a 5th on another RB that we cut.

We’ve got no one to blame but ourselves that we’re not only not running the ball, but we’re not even putting ourselves in position to play-action. Which also puts our OL in bad position constantly pass blocking. We’ve got no one to blame but ourselves when the bulk of our passing game concepts don’t design people getting open but are rather vanilla, predictable, iso routes that pray WR’s achieve separation without schemed help (stack/bunch, exchanged releases, rubs)…particularly in crucial situations where we’re running double Hitches/Digs that are covered and a 9 route (which we throw because nothing else is open and that 9 is the only throw that has any chance plus I’d out of danger).

We draft a talented Edge rusher and then keep him off the field. We drafted 2-4 rounds that give us no real help in this short window we have.

We don’t draft good special teamers or coach good special teams.

If it’s a short playoff exit and a 2022 tear down with a Brady ejection, we’ll have earned it.
Scary to think about how bad we become once that teardown happens. With Brady leaving, that likely means Gronk, AB, Fournette, and Arians all leave as well. If it happens this offseason, I imagine Godwin, Carlton Davis, and Whitehead probably look elsewhere to get paid as well. We go from a "superteam" to one of the worst rosters in the nfl lol.

Whatever year it happens(2022 or 2023), I'd put money down on us to being fully in the hunt(and perhaps the favorite) for the 1st overall pick that year.

We go from a superteam to a superzero lol
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

If we win the super bowl this season you bet your ass Brady is staying and going for the 3x

If not I could see him leaving for sure