Bucs vs Saints Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
ATrain

Re: Bucs vs Saints Discussion

Post by ATrain »

nybf wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:15 pm It should be fun. But doom and gloom in every fucking post from you is tired. Fucking team won the super bowl but you've got a problem with every single last thing that happens. And a lot of things that don't happen. But you've got to create this sky is falling shit for some reason.
You're having a meltdown here. I did none of that. In any post I've made on here. Check my post history :)

Being objective about the matchup isn't doom and gloom. I predicted we'd win in the Predict the Score thread. If that's somehow a sin to you, then you'll just have to deal with it.

You're needlessly aggressive and confrontational and your posts make this forum objectively a worse place to visit.

I've done nothing but be pleasant on here. I've tried to discuss whatever topic is at hand. I've supported and cheered on as our team marched to a 6-1 record. If that's not enough for you, then that's a You problem. Please let me post in peace and I'll return that courtesy in kind.
nybf

Post by nybf »

ATrain wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:20 pm You're having a meltdown here.
Words used to mean things.
Dread

Post by Dread »

ATrain wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:40 am With no AB, Brady is going to have a tough day. Unfortunately we know Lattimore completely eliminates Evans from the game. Godwin can be doubled all day if needed. Then, Brady has to win the game with tight ends, TJ, and the running game? It's such a domino effect when AB is missing.
Meh, Saints play more m2m than any other defense and AB is out best WR vs m2m, so I get it.

But imo this game will come down to the Saints front 4 (and maybe a 5th rusher) vs the Bucs Oline in pass protection.

If Brady gets protected like he has all season then the Bucs still have plenty of weapons for him to deliver the ball to.

The Saints front 4 has been pretty bad at rushing the QB. I'm not taking much stock in the sacks they racked up vs Geno Smith. Most of them happened on that last drive and the Seahawks Oline is trash. Plus it was Geno Smith who has no pocket presence.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Dread wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:35 pm
ATrain wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:40 am With no AB, Brady is going to have a tough day. Unfortunately we know Lattimore completely eliminates Evans from the game. Godwin can be doubled all day if needed. Then, Brady has to win the game with tight ends, TJ, and the running game? It's such a domino effect when AB is missing.
Meh, Saints play more m2m than any other defense and AB is out best WR vs m2m, so I get it.

But imo this game will come down to the Saints front 4 (and maybe a 5th rusher) vs the Bucs Oline in pass protection.

If Brady gets protected like he has all season then the Bucs still have plenty of weapons for him to deliver the ball to.

The Saints front 4 has been pretty bad at rushing the QB. I'm not taking much stock in the sacks they racked up vs Geno Smith. Most of them happened on that last drive and the Seahawks Oline is trash. Plus it was Geno Smith who has no pocket presence.
Yea I still think we'll have success. We're the better team, but it will be tougher without AB because of the domino effect our big three have on opposing defenses.

If Gronk is healthy and ready to go then I imagine he and Tom will pick right back up with making our redzone offense near impossible to defend.

But the Saints are capable of really slowing us down if their defense plays great, and with them being at home, they're going to have tons of energy to feed off of. However, if we play clean, mistake free and discipline football, Brady and the rest of our team will eventually become too much to stop.
Dread

Post by Dread »

ATrain wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:52 am It's easy to tell who the drama queens are when they're desperate to create confrontation in every fucking thread.

It's so tiring and makes visiting this forum more and more of a chore rather than something that should be fun.
To be fair you do have quite the chicken little type of persona here. You may believe it's just you keeping it real or being objective, but your behavior does come across to many here as 'the sky is falling' with how often your over exaggerated reactions occur.

I will say that this recent post regarding AB likely not playing this Sunday was relatively tame for you. But given your history pessimism you don't get the benefit of the doubt.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Dread wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:40 pm
ATrain wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:52 am It's easy to tell who the drama queens are when they're desperate to create confrontation in every fucking thread.

It's so tiring and makes visiting this forum more and more of a chore rather than something that should be fun.
To be fair you do have quite the chicken little type of persona here. You may believe it's just you keeping it real or being objective, but your behavior does come across to many here as 'the sky is falling' with how often your over exaggerated reactions occur.

I will say that this recent post regarding AB likely not playing this Sunday was relatively tame for you. But given your history pessimism you don't get the benefit of the doubt.
yOuR hAvInG a MeLtDoWn
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Well, if that's how I come off, then I'll have to work on that. I truly believed I was being a positive and supportive poster, but apparently not. I do have a "assume the worst hope for the best" personality which apparently comes through when discussing the Bucs.

I'll have to work on not letting my posts come off as negative going forward.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

nybf wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:44 pm

yOuR hAvInG a MeLtDoWn
You're such a child. This is my last interaction with you. I have no problem dealing with adults but you are just insufferable.

Have a good day.
Dread

Post by Dread »

ATrain wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:39 pm
Dread wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 12:35 pm

Yea I still think we'll have success. We're the better team, but it will be tougher without AB because of the domino effect our big three have on opposing defenses.

If Gronk is healthy and ready to go then I imagine he and Tom will pick right back up with making our redzone offense near impossible to defend.

But the Saints are capable of really slowing us down if their defense plays great, and with them being at home, they're going to have tons of energy to feed off of. However, if we play clean, mistake free and discipline football, Brady and the rest of our team will eventually become too much to stop.
Imo the strength of the Saints defense is their depth in the back 7 when they can get into nickel and dime personnel.

Given the injury to AB and assuming Gronk can return, I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bucs in alot two-TE personnel this Sunday forcing the Saints defense to stay in their base 4-3.

Then we can get Gronk and OJ matched up on those LBs where we would have an advantage when they go m2m, which with AB out I assume they will often.

I know the Saints have a good run defense, but they haven't exactly faced a team with a good Oline yet and their LBs are undersized so the Bucs shouldn't be deterred from running the ball. We had some success running it in the playoffs last season and I like the Bucs interior OL vs the Saints Defensive Tackles.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

TDTB12 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:24 am
Jason Bourne wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:13 am

Lol what significant player were the saint missing ? We were missing Vita and still beat them. That’s what good teams do
Taysom Hill and Latavious Murray. Thankfully Hill didn't play. We didn't have an answer for him in either game last year. He's also out this week as well. Man we have to be the luckiest team in football.
We were down a starter on both of our lines (Vea and Cappa), Evans and Godwin were both banged up as was JPP. They were down two backups.

Against Green Bay, we were without Winfield. They were down a third string DL.

Nice attempt, slightly better than BTF's kicker excuse.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Bucs Dline needs to be aware of Jameis running when things aren't open. He has 14 rushing 1st downs on his 26 attempts. For comparison Kamara has 15 rushing 1st downs on 114 attempts.

None of Winton's runs are scripted. They are just him tucking the ball when his read isn't open.

Normally we are pretty smart at not letting QBs run and we just go done with Hurts and Fields who are much quicker than Jameis, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Stop Kamara and don't get burned on the deep ball. I don't think the Saints offense can function if we just take care of those two things.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

+1

Take a hint @ATrain because you're gonna find several people share this opinion. Being cautious and doing your best to take all "homerism" out is a very good habit for any fan. But man you're like driving 125 mph in a 55. If there's any problem is that this board is the most positive it's been (in at least the 12 years I've been here) and the level of routine concern you have is seldom appropriate to the caliber of team we have.

The dark days are gone man. Act like you cheer for a 6-1 team
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Paging Delt!

Also, not having AB REEEEAAAALLLYY hurt us last week, didn’t it?!?!?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Dread wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:03 pm Bucs Dline needs to be aware of Jameis running when things aren't open. He has 14 rushing 1st downs on his 26 attempts. For comparison Kamara has 15 rushing 1st downs on 114 attempts.

None of Winton's runs are scripted. They are just him tucking the ball when his read isn't open.

Normally we are pretty smart at not letting QBs run and we just go done with Hurts and Fields who are much quicker than Jameis, so it shouldn't be an issue.

Stop Kamara and don't get burned on the deep ball. I don't think the Saints offense can function if we just take care of those two things.
Pretty much this in a nutshell.
BucsNBrew831

Post by BucsNBrew831 »

Sounds like AB is a wait and see for after the bye, could be more long term Arians Said, he has a sprain on his heel. That would suck to lose him. It’s weird that he played the whole philly game and seemed fine.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

This matchup will not be easy. That Saints D is built to stop an offense like the Bucs. They are 3rd in total defense and are becoming more healthy. Lattimore has had Evans number, even last year with Brady at the helm. He’s just a great player who knows how to lock down top receivers. That has a trickle down effect as the Saints can double other weapons on the offense. This would be a great week to get Gronk back IMO. I don’t know what his fitness will be, but his presence alone will help garner some attention from the Saints D. Up front, they are about as good as it gets and can disturb the pocket. And they rank 2nd against the run. This will be a very tough test for our offense.

On the other side though, I think we have a chance to feast on a dink and dunk offense. But Kamara will have to be accounted for. I don’t know what my man @kaimaru is thinking but Minter ain’t that guy. Kamara no doubt will be doubled the entire game on pass plays. Or at least he should if we’re smart. I don’t know the numbers this year, but throughout his career 1 thing Jameis Winston excelled against was the blitz. Play coverage and force 3rd and long or turnovers.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BucsNBrew831 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:11 pm Sounds like AB is a wait and see for after the bye, could be more long term Arians Said, he has a sprain on his heel. That would suck to lose him. It’s weird that he played the whole philly game and seemed fine.
That’s a pretty rare injury. And it takes a bit longer to heal in that area because circulation is not as good. Also pain management is pretty much impossible. Not much meat in the area.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Geez, I guess I should have put sarcasm at the end. The other games Minter has been in, he's sucked in pass coverage. Hence why I picked the last two against two bad QBs. The point I'm making is our starting ILBs suck at coverage. Our OLBs aren't much better. Shaq is 71.4% and JPP 100% completion percentage. If our secondary wasn't so banged up, I would have Carlton Davis shadow him. Having 2 LBs covering him all day is going to hard if not impossible. I think he still gets his. Maybe play a safety down to assist the LB in coverage?
Noles1724

Post by Noles1724 »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 10:19 am When Jameis spun into the guy fixin to hit him in the back for a sack tackle, I bet the NY earbuds in the ref's ears screamed out "there it is"...
Would it kill you to not be a moron?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

With Gronk back, I feel good about this game
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Dread

mdb

Bucs must be more physical (o-line would be a good place to start)

Run the ball at them like they are bully's at school that won't leave your little sister alone.
Then beat them up with the pass
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I halfway wonder if the NFL brass is hoping to rant about how Dallas is hot on the heels of the Cardinals.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Look, I know as Bucsfans we assume the worst. Lord knows we used to play down to our competition. But we have Brady, Do you think he overlooks the Falcons or the Panthers or the Saints with one of the most prolific turnover machines in modern football? No, Brady doesn't. I dont see a defense good enough to stop us. And I dont see an offense good enough to put 20 points, much less 30 points on us. I dont get the agnst in this thread. I really don't. Drew Brees was pin point accurate on his throws. Jameis is just as inaccurate as he has always been. His off throws match this year to 2019. We will intercept him. We will roll in this game.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Saints reunite with former RB Mark Ingram in trade with Texans
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

AJPG

Post by AJPG »

What does a 2 yr old fvcked up Bucs play have to do with the game on Sunday? Are the Saints running plays like that? That would be awesome if they played like a suck ass pre-Brady Bucs team. I doubt it though.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Correct me if I'm wrong but if we lose this game we could go from 2nd seed in the NFC to 6th. It is imperative that we win this game.

The NFCS needs to now it's our time now. Cameron Jordan and Demario Davis need to see that the run's over and it's time to pack it in. Hit the horse farm boys.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

mdb1958 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:23 am Correct me if I'm wrong but if we lose this game we could go from 2nd seed in the NFC to 6th. It is imperative that we win this game.

The NFCS needs to now it's our time now. Cameron Jordan and Demario Davis need to see that the run's over and it's time to pack it in. Hit the horse farm boys.
While true a loss would temporarily send us plummeting in the standings, overall the standings are pretty irrelevant at this point in the season.

Plus the current logjam at the top of the NFC is going to work itself out because they all play each other later in the year.

It's more important we win this game for divisional purposees rather than overall seed. If we lose we're only a half game ahead of the Saints which almost makes me want to puke just typing that out.

But that's all irrelevant anyway because we're going to win and I don't see us losing until maybe the Bills game.

Assuming no catastrophic injuries at this point I see us doing no worse than 14-3 which could still net the #1 seed.
Dread

Post by Dread »

AJPG wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:40 am What does a 2 yr old fvcked up Bucs play have to do with the game on Sunday? Are the Saints running plays like that? That would be awesome if they played like a suck ass pre-Brady Bucs team. I doubt it though.
I believe PL was having a laugh at Saints fans on that board making fun of Jameis "for being stupid" two years ago given the fact he's their starting QB now.

I don't believe anyone would argue that one play has any bearing on Sunday's game.
Dread

Post by Dread »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:36 pm Look, I know as Bucsfans we assume the worst. Lord knows we used to play down to our competition. But we have Brady, Do you think he overlooks the Falcons or the Panthers or the Saints with one of the most prolific turnover machines in modern football? No, Brady doesn't. I dont see a defense good enough to stop us. And I dont see an offense good enough to put 20 points, much less 30 points on us. I dont get the agnst in this thread. I really don't. Drew Brees was pin point accurate on his throws. Jameis is just as inaccurate as he has always been. His off throws match this year to 2019. We will intercept him. We will roll in this game.
The Bucs are certainly the better roster and the difference between Brady and Winston is about as wide as Brady-Hurts or Brady-Fields.

But Sean Payton is a really good coach and the Saints have an excellent defense so they can make it competitive vs anyone, especially in that dome.

The Bucs want this game to be a Brady v Jameis affair where both defenses cancel out the others RBs.

The Saints want to muck it up and play old school Bucball where they force the Bucs to FGs in the RZ, win the turnover battle, and win a low scoring game where they dominate time of possession.

Bucs should win, we're 5pt favorites in the dome vs a 4-2 Saints team. Which says alot. But it's going to require we take care of the ball and let the Saints defense win the day.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

ATrain wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:49 am
mdb1958 wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:23 am Correct me if I'm wrong but if we lose this game we could go from 2nd seed in the NFC to 6th. It is imperative that we win this game.

The NFCS needs to know it's our time now. Cameron Jordan and Demario Davis need to see that the run's over and it's time to pack it in. Hit the horse farm boys.
While true a loss would temporarily send us plummeting in the standings, overall the standings are pretty irrelevant at this point in the season.

Plus the current logjam at the top of the NFC is going to work itself out because they all play each other later in the year.

It's more important we win this game for divisional purposees rather than overall seed. If we lose we're only a half game ahead of the Saints which almost makes me want to puke just typing that out.

But that's all irrelevant anyway because we're going to win and I don't see us losing until maybe the Bills game.

Assuming no catastrophic injuries at this point I see us doing no worse than 14-3 which could still net the #1 seed.
spellcheck.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

AJPG wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:40 am What does a 2 yr old fvcked up Bucs play have to do with the game on Sunday? Are the Saints running plays like that? That would be awesome if they played like a suck ass pre-Brady Bucs team. I doubt it though.
More the fan's comments about Jameis and who would be stupid enough to sign him than the play itself.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Dread wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 7:51 am
I believe PL was having a laugh at Saints fans on that board making fun of Jameis "for being stupid" two years ago given the fact he's their starting QB now.

I don't believe anyone would argue that one play has any bearing on Sunday's game.
That and the comments about what team would be dumb enough to sign him after the Bucs inevitably release him.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Pirate Life wrote: Thu Oct 28, 2021 1:05 am Oh, the irony: https://saintsreport.com/threads/so-jus ... sk.417755/
Resurrected just for them!