Bucs vs Saints Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
ATrain

Bucs vs Saints Discussion

Post by ATrain »

Our first game of the year vs our arch nemesis. How do you all see this one playing out?

No clue what to think of Jameis vs our secondary. We all know who he is. Is he the Winston that throws 5TD passes and looks incredible? Or does he have Bennie Hill music playing all game long while he has several picks and fumbles?

Given how close Gronk was to coming back vs the Bears, I see him as playing vs the Saints, which will be huge in both the passing and rushing attack. AB should be back as well(hopefully).

Personally, I feel like this is a game we should win. We are better everywhere save for secondary, which is obviously a big factor. If AB and Gronk are both good to go, I don't think they can match with us and given how well our line has played this year, I don't think Brady will be under too much pressure.

Thoughts?
Buc2

Re: Bucs vs Saints Discussion

Post by Buc2 »

I think we all know that JW is gonna be all sorts of excited to prove the Bucs were wrong to let him go. It's going to be incumbent upon Sean Payton to keep his emotions in check because, as Buc fans know all too well, when JW tries too hard, he usually fails in spectacular fashion.
Don't tread on me
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

The Saints are better than their 3-2 record, imo. I'd assume that this will be a close one. While it will be in New Orleans, they play on Monday night this evening, so we will have another day of rest which should help offset that.

If good Jameis shows up, we may be in trouble. If bad Jameis shows up, I think we roll them hard. But don't sleep on the other side of the ball; the Saints defense has allowed only nine touchdowns in five games. They're pretty good and shouldn't be taken lightly.

I'm not going to get too caught up in their scheme or personnel versus ours. We're two games up in the division and I'm just trying to enjoy it.

Go Bucs.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Cheb wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:29 pm The Saints are better than their 3-2 record, imo. I'd assume that this will be a close one. While it will be in New Orleans, they play on Monday night this evening, so we will have another day of rest which should help offset that.

If good Jameis shows up, we may be in trouble. If bad Jameis shows up, I think we roll them hard. But don't sleep on the other side of the ball; the Saints defense has allowed only nine touchdowns in five games. They're pretty good and shouldn't be taken lightly.

I'm not going to get too caught up in their scheme or personnel versus ours. We're two games up in the division and I'm just trying to enjoy it.

Go Bucs.
I agree, even though I strongly believe we'll win, it will be a one score game most likely, maybe even decided by a FG or less.

I don't really care how we win or how ugly it is, just want the W and no injuries going into the bye.
BLT

Post by BLT »

We got this. I think it will be a solid 10-14 point win.
Dread

Post by Dread »

It should be a great atmosphere. Halloween in New Orleans sounds like a rowdy time. The Bucs have been sloppy on the road at times due to crowd noise causing pre-snap penalties and making it harder for Brady to communicate pre-snap. So keeping the pre-snap penalties on offense down is important.

The Saints have a really good defense. Their secondary is one of the few in the NFL that can match up with the Bucs WRs and TEs. I do think their pass rush is not what it was last season. They lost Trey Hendrickson in free agency along with both starting Defensive Tackles (Sheldon Rankins and Malcom Brown) and the guys they have leftover like Marcus Davenport and Payton Turner have yet play to their 1st round potential/expectation.

That said, the Saints run defense has remained elite. They've moved into the 1st place in average YPC against and are 2nd to the Bucs on average yards per game against.

DC Dennis Allen will mix it up, but we'll see more single high m2m than we're used to from most teams.

Playing in the dome vs that defense is going to tough for the Bucs offense. If we can get to 25pts I'll be happy.

As far as the Saints offense, they've been kind of an enigma through 5 games. Jameis has has a 5TD and a 4TD game for them but both of those games Winston didn't look any better than Brady did yesterday vs the Bears. So it's funny to read the critiques from Bucs fans on Brady while the Winston fanbois cream their pants about very similar performances and stat lines.

The Saints offense through 5 games has gone through Kamara. Lots of rushes and short passes. Kamara (and CMC) is a big reason the Bucs drafted an ILB 5th overall so I expect Devin White to flash often since he'll be assigned to Kamara when the Bucs play m2m. As BA said in todays presser, the key to the game on defense is the Bucs front 7 stopping Kamara.

In the games the Saints have won their defense has really done well at setting up the offense (similar to the Bucs D yesterday). In the wins over the Packers and Patriots the Saints defense dominate the day.

Two keys to victory will be not losing the turnover battle and containing Kamara. If Jameis lights us up throwing to the receivers and tight ends then tip your cap. I don't think his weapons are good enough to play that kind of game nor do I think he's accurate enough.
Dread

Post by Dread »

One things to add. The Saints Oline is elite. It's nothing like that tomato can of an Oline the Bears trotted out yesterday.

Saints Oline vs Bucs defensive front is worth the price of admission for fans who like watching the game within the game.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Cheb wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:29 pm The Saints are better than their 3-2 record, imo. I'd assume that this will be a close one. While it will be in New Orleans, they play on Monday night this evening, so we will have another day of rest which should help offset that.

Go Bucs.
I kinda disagree on the Saints being better than 3-2. They are 13/14 on red zone opportunities so far and at least a couple of those TDs were Jameis throwing it up for grabs but was caught by a Saint. That's also noting that they've played 6 games and only had 13 red zone trips (same as the Jets). For comparisons sake, we've had 35.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

Game in NO.
Offensive Holding may or not be called.
If not called, it will be a very close game.

70/30 Jensen likely gets tossed.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:26 pm I think we all know that JW is gonna be all sorts of excited to prove the Bucs were wrong to let him go. It's going to be incumbent upon Sean Payton to keep his emotions in check because, as Buc fans know all too well, when JW tries too hard, he usually fails in spectacular fashion.
I think Winston's emotions are going to be the key to this game. If he comes out overly pumped up and throws a pick he will unravel. If he comes out and plays within himself he will do well. Given Sean Payton's history, I think he will have a solid plan to help Winston succeed. The real question is will Bowels have an answer. This should be a really good game. I am nervous as hell to watch.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Cheb wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:29 pm If good Jameis shows up, we may be in trouble. If bad Jameis shows up, I think we roll them hard. But don't sleep on the other side of the ball; the Saints defense has allowed only nine touchdowns in five games. They're pretty good and shouldn't be taken lightly.
C'mon, with Cockrell and Dean and....what's that? Dean had a shoulder injury and might not play? Okay, but still with Cockrell and
Desir? And uh, Robinson? When did we pick up a Robinson? With Cockrell, Desir, and Robinson, we will be fine.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

It seems like the Saints are overlooking the Seahawks for next week's showdown.

As far as the South goes if the Hawks hold on here maybe next week isn't a must win- but it's a must win as far as that bye week in the 1st round.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Central_Buc wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:06 pm It seems like the Saints are overlooking the Seahawks for next week's showdown.
This looks like exactly who the Saints are. Great defense and play through Kamara.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Winston appears to be having another charmed game. He fumbles, recovers, and throws a TD pass. The dude is using all his good luck up.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

What's that? Winston had LASIK and still leads the league in off-target passes. What's that?Geno FUCKING Smith with a shit OLine is tied with Mr. CrabLegs in the fourth. I would be embarrassed if we lost any game to the Saints with the king of inaccuracies.

Seattle kicker is shit.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Seahawks are doing everything they can to give this game away.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:05 pm Seahawks are doing everything they can to give this game away.
While I agree. BS roughing call.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Starting to wonder how long this regime will last in Seattle. They’re on that faux-contender treadmill. Rings buy a lot of goodwill but it doesn’t last forever.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Winston being Winston
BLT

Post by BLT »

Jameis really is bad. If AK wasn’t on that team it’s one of the worst offenses in the league.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Snake wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:08 pm Starting to wonder how long this regime will last in Seattle. They’re on that faux-contender treadmill. Rings buy a lot of goodwill but it doesn’t last forever.
Really shows how good Russell Wilson has been.
Dread

Post by Dread »

This game has set the NFL back a decade.

Saints defense is good tho. Geno is trash.

Kamara is a beast, they are now double teaming a RB on passing plays and the Saints don't have the weapons elsewhere to tale advantage.

Seattle gave the game away in the last 5 minutes. Geno taking that 3rd down sack, then the roughing the QB penalty, then getting shredded on a run play on 3rd and 10, then hopping offsides on the FG.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Malcolm Jenkins is such a player’s player. Love that guy.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Amazing that the Seahawks just collapsed in the game. Well the Saints will be gunning to tie up the division next week.
Caradoc

Post by Caradoc »

The Saints team that I watched tonight isn't a team that will beat us. They'd have to be much better all over. Which they may be, but this was not an intimidating win.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Its gonna take a lot more than 13 pts to beat us
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:50 am Its gonna take a lot more than 13 pts to beat us
winston put 38 on aaron rodgers and destroyed a bill belicheck defense.. tonight was more of the weather affecting his stats.. just like brady was under 50% completion in foxbourgh a couple of weeks ago
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:09 am
Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:50 am Its gonna take a lot more than 13 pts to beat us
winston put 38 on aaron rodgers and destroyed a bill belicheck defense.. tonight was more of the weather affecting his stats.. just like brady was under 50% completion in foxbourgh a couple of weeks ago
Winston isn’t accurate or smart enough to win without Kamara or that defense. We take away kamara and game over for the aints
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:20 am

Winston isn’t accurate or smart enough to win without Kamara or that defense. We take away kamara and game over for the aints
winston is first in the league in td% and is the best redzone qb in the nfl lol... he put up 5 tds on the current 5-1 packers and destroyed the washington football team with 4 td passes. Like i said the weather playeda part in his stats tonight.the saints a have a fg kicker( unlike his time in tampa)... your secondary doesnt scare us, and winston is running more now. had 40 yards rushing tonight. Lets just keep talking till this weekend, and see what happens
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Can’t win the Super Bowl without losing two in the regular season to the Saints. Those are the rules.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 1:20 am

JB is wrong about most things, but right about this.

If we can play laterally, and turn screens to Kamara into 3 yard gains instead of 12 yard gains, the Saints will fold.

If they're ripping off plays on the perimeter, as they have been for most of the year, it'll be a shootout. I still like our odds - the GOAT vs the Crableg - but it'll be a last possession type of affair.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Well it was a nice run, but Brady was on the Manning cast and so far everyone that's been on there has lost their next game.

Unless Tom can also defeat curses?

Let's hope.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

ATrain wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 6:49 am Well it was a nice run, but Brady was on the Manning cast and so far everyone that's been on there has lost their next game.

Unless Tom can also defeat curses?

Let's hope.
LUGZ has that tinfoil hat on early this week, folks!
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Looks like levity isn't tolerated around here. Lesson learned.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

ATrain wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:08 am Looks like levity isn't tolerated around here. Lesson learned.
You also try the levity on game day instead of the emotional breakdowns