Bucs vs Saints Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
MJW

Re: Bucs vs Saints Discussion

Post by MJW »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 pm Why does anyone think LVD and White are good at pass coverage? Devin white is allowing 85.4% of passes completed for an average of 44.1 ypg. LVD is allowing 82.9% completion and 44.0 ypg. Combined they are giving up 8.3 ypc, 10.7 cpg That’s 88 yards passing allowed by our ILBs. The last two games? Kevin Minter gave up 2 passes on 5 targets for 8 yards. Eight total yards. Maybe Minter on the field more on passing downs with Kamara out there.
Kamara represents a different kind of weapon, though. He makes almost all his plays underneath and on the perimeter, not in the middle of the field or beyond the sticks (where White and LVD typically cover.)

To counter him, you need sideline-to-sideline speed from your linebackers. Guys who can beat blockers underneath on all those screens. Guys who can win the race to the edge. I have much respect for Minter and I think he's one of the best backup 3-4 inside linebackers in the league, but that ain't him. Dude didn't have any speed when he came into the league a decade or so ago.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

TDTB12 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 1:18 am
kaimaru wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:51 pm Why does anyone think LVD and White are good at pass coverage? Devin white is allowing 85.4% of passes completed for an average of 44.1 ypg. LVD is allowing 82.9% completion and 44.0 ypg. Combined they are giving up 8.3 ypc, 10.7 cpg That’s 88 yards passing allowed by our ILBs. The last two games? Kevin Minter gave up 2 passes on 5 targets for 8 yards. Eight total yards. Maybe Minter on the field more on passing downs with Kamara out there.
Kevin Minter was playing against a bad rookie with bad weapons. But if you think about it, that's why this Bucs team is so great. They get to beat up on weaker teams to make themselves look better.
Yep all those weak teams were beat on the way to the Super Bowl…. Troll much ?
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I can't believe how badly the loss to the Buccaneers got under the skin of Saints fans.
MJW

Post by MJW »

13F11B wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:56 am I can't believe how badly the loss to the Buccaneers got under the skin of Saints fans.
I can.

Imagine it was us. It was Tom Brady's last run. We won the division easily. Swept the Saints again after owning them year after year. It was Brady's final home game. Oh, and I can't really simulate this part, but Brady had been here for 15 years and had helped save the city once upon a time, literally. He was unquestionably the most beloved figure in the city's history. Not athlete. Human.

All that, and we lose. Brady is done. We're a footnote in their Superbowl Blu-Ray.

Yeah, I get it.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

13F11B wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:56 am I can't believe how badly the loss to the Buccaneers got under the skin of Saints fans.
Do you mean from looking at social media sites?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I don't do twitter or facebook or anything else so is anything getting said on whether anybody can play Sunday?

Wednesday, October 27, 2021
PLAYER POSITION UPDATED INJURY INJURY STATUS
Richard Sherman CB Wed, Oct 27 Hamstring Questionable for Week 8 at New Orleans
Rob Gronkowski TE Wed, Oct 27 Ribs Questionable for Week 8 at New Orleans
Antonio Brown WR Wed, Oct 27 Ankle Questionable for Week 8 at New Orleans
Lavonte David ILB Wed, Oct 27 Ankle Questionable for Week 8 at New Orleans
Dee Delaney DB Wed, Oct 27 Ankle Questionable for Week 8 at New Orleans
Scott Miller WR Wed, Oct 27 Toe IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 8
Sean Murphy-Bunting CB Wed, Oct 27 Elbow IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 8
Zach Triner LS Wed, Oct 27 Finger IR. Injured Reserve. Expected Return - Week 8
John Franklin WR Wed, Oct 27 Knee - ACL Questionable for Week 8 at New Orleans
Sam Renner DT Wed, Oct 27 Undisclosed Questionable for Week 8 at New Orleans
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

The Saints fans have nothing to be ashamed of. It's stupid that they'd let a loss to Brady get them that rattled. Yes it was their last ride. And yes the Saints are a case study in "Don't waste the career of a generational player" and that'll make anyone mad. But they also suffered from some of the worst playoff luck I have ever seen a team have. They suffered a Beast Quake for fuck's sake. We on the other hand had a generational defense lose a year to the "Bert Emmanuel rule" and then die in a "game that never happened" the year after we won our first title. Then we proceeded to suck piss for almost all of the 17 years that followed. And did it with some of the most embarrassing casts of coaches and players the league had seen since. You can be pissed you lost to Tom Brady all you want. They'd have had to go through Rodgers and Mahomes too. There's no guarantee Brees walks out a winner

If they need to keep their pity party going I challenge them to watch Mike Trout or Connor McDavid's careers being wasted on the Angels and Edmonton Oilers and to suck on their Lombardi like a pacifier like we had to for almost 20 years.
Last edited by Swashbuckler on Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dread

Post by Dread »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:13 amI don't do twitter or facebook or anything else so is anything getting said on whether anybody can play Sunday?
BA is one of the more transparent coaches I've seen when it comes injuries and when guys might be able to return. NFL coaches are notoriously tight lipped about those things for competitive reasons.

In the Monday presser BA repeated the line the hope is for Gronk and LVD to possibly get back this week vs New Orleans.

But there are no practices and thus no official injury report until Wednesday (for a Sunday game) so we might know more today.

As for Scotty Miller, there is no indication/report he's even started practicing again yet so I don't see how he's "expected" to return from the IR this week. Teams don't take players off the IR until they are physically ready to play in a game since taking them off IR would mean they have to be carried on the active 53 man roster. You can still return to practice while on IR, so until when we hear Scotty is back practicing we shouldn't "expect" him to come of the IR.

Also, with the bye week coming after the Saints game I'd bet we're more cautious bring anyone back for this Sunday since injured players can get that extra week to ensure they are fully healthy for the 2nd half of the season.

Based on what I've gathered from listening to BA and various anecdotes from beat writers on social media the only two guys who have a chance to come back this week are Gronk and LVD who were apparently close to returning last week.

SMB and Davis should be back for the Washington game right after the bye.

AB injured his ankle against Philly apparently so I'd imagine they give him until after the bye week also vs Washington. But we'll see if back at practice this week.
Dread

Post by Dread »

I'm sorry, but hopefully you're not being serious. This is a sad display of spreadsheet scouting.

The two games Minter has played was against Jalen Hurts and Justin Fields. Both are essentially rookie QBs who are limited passers at this point in their career.

As others have said Minter lacks the athletic tools to match up with Kamara.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Kevin Minter was playing against a bad rookie with bad weapons. But if you think about it, that's why this Bucs team is so great. They get to beat up on weaker teams to make themselves look better.
Yup, like when we beat the Saints, Packers, and Chiefs to win the SB last season.
TDTB12

Post by TDTB12 »

Dread wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:06 am

Yup, like when we beat the Saints, Packers, and Chiefs to win the SB last season.
Yup. All of those teams had injuries to significant players which allowed our road to be a lot easier. Luckily it has remained the same this year as well.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

TDTB12 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:09 am
Yup. All of those teams had injuries to significant players which allowed our road to be a lot easier. Luckily it has remained the same this year as well.
Lol what significant player were the saint missing ? We were missing Vita and still beat them. That’s what good teams do
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Thanks Dread! With Scotty my main beef was I was looking for new news, not was said when he first went down and suddenly they know more than a doctor that was not 100% certain of return. I knew he was on short term IR, which means there is a window of time before another decision has to be made. Speculation and probability only become fact after time has made it so. The short term IR was just in case "we" were wrong and could have used him.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Injuries are part of the football.

Have you seen the Bucs injury reports these past few weeks?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

@TDTB12

I guess you need to bail like Nano and acmillis.
TDTB12

Post by TDTB12 »

Jason Bourne wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:13 am

Lol what significant player were the saint missing ? We were missing Vita and still beat them. That’s what good teams do
Taysom Hill and Latavious Murray. Thankfully Hill didn't play. We didn't have an answer for him in either game last year. He's also out this week as well. Man we have to be the luckiest team in football.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

TDTB12 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:24 am
Jason Bourne wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:13 am

Taysom Hill and Latavious Murray. Thankfully Hill didn't play. We didn't have an answer for him in either game last year. He's also out this week as well. Man we have to be the luckiest team in football.
More talent and coaching than luck for sure . We are so lucky we are missing our top 5 cb’s , and still winning. That is real coaching and talent .

Keep trying though bud
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

So from a few of the posters above, I guess when other teams have injuries, we just got lucky and our wins should be questioned. But when we have injuries, it's just part of the game, and we lost to a better team?

Is that how we're viewing injuries now?
TDTB12

Post by TDTB12 »

Jason Bourne wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:27 am
TDTB12 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:24 am

More talent and coaching than luck for sure . We are so lucky we are missing our top 5 cb’s , and still winning. That is real coaching and talent .

Keep trying though bud
It's nothing to be ashamed of. We've lucked out playing teams with injuries. That's a fact. We luck out again this weekend. I don't think anyone will put an asterisk next to our wins.
Dread

Post by Dread »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:16 am Thanks Dread! With Scotty my main beef was I was looking for new news, not was said when he first went down and suddenly they know more than a doctor that was not 100% certain of return. I knew he was on short term IR, which means there is a window of time before another decision has to be made. Speculation and probability only become fact after time has made it so. The short term IR was just in case "we" were wrong and could have used him.
I believe short term IR is 3-8 weeks, so for Scotty Miller he needs to return to practice by week 11 to avoid being placed on long term IR (aka season ending IR)
Once a player returns to practice from injured reserve, that does not mean he’s activated. It actually starts a 21-day “clock” for the team to activate the player. If he isn’t activated within the 21-day window, he reverts back to IR and has to stay there the rest of the season.
If I'm reading this correctly Miller can return to practice at 8 weeks (maximum) from the time he was placed on short term IR to start his '21 day clock', from which he must be either activated to the 53 man roster or placed on the season ending IR (Long term IR).

So Miller needs to 'start practicing' by that last week of November with the hope of being active in mid-December.

As a caveat I believe we can also designate players on long term IR to return if we're in the playoffs like we did w/ Vita Vea last season who got injured in week 5 and didn't return til the NFCCG, which is week 20 of the NFL season calendar.

But I doubt we'd do that for a WR whose missed the season. Would be a little too much to expect him to play at playoff speed after so much time. So ideally we get Scotty back in December with a few games left to get him up to speed before the playoffs.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

So every single team has had MASSIVE luck vs us this year given the comprehensive nature of our injuries.
nybf

Post by nybf »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 8:13 am I don't do facebook
I don't believe this for one second. You are the PRIME demographic for fb
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

TDTB12 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:39 am
Jason Bourne wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:27 am

Keep trying though bud
It's nothing to be ashamed of. We've lucked out playing teams with injuries. That's a fact. We luck out again this weekend. I don't think anyone will put an asterisk next to our wins.
Troll on.
TDTB12

Post by TDTB12 »

Jason Bourne wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:59 am
TDTB12 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:39 am

Troll on.
Your mind has been conditioned to follow the path of least resistance in an effort to spare yourself from criticism or condemnation from your peers. My brother in arms, free yourself. For the oppressed will no longer bow to the thoughts of man in an unjust system. Your mind is your own.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

If we get a roughing the passer for Winston I hope it will be highly deserved. The reason they don't call in the grasp anymore is because they want this power penalty in their bag.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

We just need Devin White to play a great game and hopefully get LVD back
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

When Jameis spun into the guy fixin to hit him in the back for a sack tackle, I bet the NY earbuds in the ref's ears screamed out "there it is"...
Dread

Post by Dread »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:16 am Thanks Dread! With Scotty my main beef was I was looking for new news, not was said when he first went down and suddenly they know more than a doctor that was not 100% certain of return. I knew he was on short term IR, which means there is a window of time before another decision has to be made. Speculation and probability only become fact after time has made it so. The short term IR was just in case "we" were wrong and could have used him.
From your keyboard to God's ears.

Dread

Post by Dread »

Looks like no AB this week. But Dean is practicing and both LVD and Gronk are back practicing. Hopefully Dean and LVD can play Sunday.

ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Dread wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:29 am Looks like no AB this week. But Dean is practicing and both LVD and Gronk are back practicing. Hopefully Dean and LVD can play Sunday.

Very lame news for AB. Was really hoping we'd have him there to stress their secondary.

Hopefully Gronk, LVD, and Dean at least make it to gameday. We need em.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

With no AB, Brady is going to have a tough day. Unfortunately we know Lattimore completely eliminates Evans from the game. Godwin can be doubled all day if needed. Then, Brady has to win the game with tight ends, TJ, and the running game? It's such a domino effect when AB is missing.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Keep in mind that when we're in m2m Devin White takes the RB nearly every time.

nybf

Post by nybf »

ATrain wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:40 am With no AB, Brady is going to have a tough day. Unfortunately we know Lattimore completely eliminates Evans from the game. Godwin can be doubled all day if needed. Then, Brady has to win the game with tight ends, TJ, and the running game? It's such a domino effect when AB is missing.
When you register your next account, you should use the name Chicken Little
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

It's easy to tell who the drama queens are when they're desperate to create confrontation in every fucking thread.

It's so tiring and makes visiting this forum more and more of a chore rather than something that should be fun.
nybf

Post by nybf »

It should be fun. But doom and gloom in every fucking post from you is tired. Fucking team won the super bowl but you've got a problem with every single last thing that happens. And a lot of things that don't happen. But you've got to create this sky is falling shit for some reason.