Antonio NOW Officially Released.

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
0-26 Survivor

Re: Antonio Brown Officially Cut

Post by 0-26 Survivor »

Sorry if it’s already been posted and/or debunked.
“ Buccaneers coach Bruce Arians said after Sunday’s game that Antonio Brown is “no longer a Buc.” But officially, he is.

The Buccaneers did not cut Brown today and there are ongoing discussions with the NFL about how to handle the matter, according to Adam Schefter of ESPN.

It’s possible that the team would prefer that Brown be suspended, rather than released, for taking off his jersey and walking off the field during Sunday’s game against the Jets.

If Brown does get cut, he would go on waivers, where the 31 other teams would have the opportunity to claim him. If he passed through waivers, he would then become an unrestricted free agent, and a team could sign him for the final game of the regular season and the postseason.

Arians made clear that Brown is done playing for the Buccaneers, but it remains to be seen whether he’ll have the opportunity to catch on with someone else in the coming weeks, and whether any team would want the talented but troubled Brown if he becomes available.”

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... tner=Yahoo
Bahamian:bucfan

Post by Bahamian:bucfan »

Good evening all.

Let us all take our fandom for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers out of this.

This man, Antonio Brown needs our prayers! He is a man that is ill! Point blank! Period!

Marty Bergen. Have any of you ever heard about him? If not, do a little research on him.
Last edited by Bahamian:bucfan on Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kress

Post by Kress »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:08 pm I don't know or care what the fuck you said about the route they were taking. Stop trying to involve me in what you said. Go fuck off. Find someone else to annoy. Why are you so involved in what I post here?

I just wanted to quote you and reply real quick so I could get some space on your jock. I hear that's how it's done, and I also hear space is extremely limited.

Also, I wanted to short-circuit you stealing - but perverting- usc's line about me telling you how much you're in my head without telling you how much you're in my head. FYI, it works better the way he says it, and how sparingly he says it, and about the topic he discusses when he says it.

But you do you, and bootz on. Kiddo.
Tampabayfan

Post by Tampabayfan »

I don’t know about severe mental issues. He is definitely not making sound decisions. He gets himself suspended for getting fake Covid card then he pulls this stunt. He seemed disinterested during game when Brady was trying to rally the troops. Bucs are getting ready to suit up for the playoffs. The last thing they need is a WR with a huge ego running amok.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:07 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:08 pm I don't know or care what the fuck you said about the route they were taking. Stop trying to involve me in what you said. Go fuck off. Find someone else to annoy. Why are you so involved in what I post here?
telling you how much you're in my head without telling you how much you're in my head.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Tampabayfan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:13 pm I don’t know about severe mental issues. He is definitely not making sound decisions. He gets himself suspended for getting fake Covid card then he pulls this stunt. He seemed disinterested during game when Brady was trying to rally the troops. Bucs are getting ready to suit up for the playoffs. The last thing they need is a WR with a huge ego running amok.
It's called CTE and it's no joke. It makes people do irrational things. Notice all this bizarre behavior didn't start happening until after that hit by Burfict in the 2014 playoffs.

Don't bash AB. Say a prayer for him.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Last edited by King Bootz on Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kress

Post by Kress »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:53 pm
Holy Hell.
Kress

Post by Kress »

This sucks for him. This is a guy who has relevance and is given chance after chance because he has crazy talent. NFL football talent.

He just lost the NFL. His rap game sucks (I think? I don't get what you kids call music these days. Get off my lawn.) His clingons will slowly migrate away as his money and relevance does. Once he is 40-year-old AB with nothing left? And nobody gives a crap who AB was or what he used to be able to do? :shudder: As the saying goes.... 2 choices. Then again, nope, not gonna say it.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:18 pm
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:21 pm Of course we're all guessing but I don't see mental illness here, I just see another me-first narcissist.

Narcissist is the latest fad word that we call each other when we don't like someone's behavior but it's a real fit here.

He's not mentally ill, he just craves unparalleled levels of attention.

I checked yesterday and I think both Gronk and Evans had been targeted more than Brown.....

Grayson has been coming on the scene last couple weeks. Brate with a big catch for a TD.

Suddenly unlike last week the world wasn't revolving around AB. He pouted, didn't immediately get his way and wasn't coddled correctly.

So he went off like 2 year olds do.

CT? Please. That's been around forever and never induced a single in-game episode such as this.

Mental illness? Again, bullshit. You're doing a disservice to people who do suffer from it.

He's a narcissist and unlike our 2nd cousin from Boise who is the same he has a much bigger stage than most.

If you dealt with these people you know how impossible they are to deal with, that's my guess into all this.

In short, he isn't sick, he's as normal as most bottom level punks and narcissists you've run across in life.
Narcissism is a mental illness. Hell, anything that deviates from the neurotypical is a mental illness. Also, being a punk bitch and being mentally ill are not mutually exclusive, but these are nuances I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Narcissism is a mental illness said Nietzsche never
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Seriously those defending AB fuck off. He literally burned all his bridges with the team. Take a private flight home. Removing Brady (like its his fault) from social media. Fuck him. Fuck him and his "mental illness."
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Tampabayfan

Post by Tampabayfan »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:42 pm
Tampabayfan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:13 pm I don’t know about severe mental issues. He is definitely not making sound decisions. He gets himself suspended for getting fake Covid card then he pulls this stunt. He seemed disinterested during game when Brady was trying to rally the troops. Bucs are getting ready to suit up for the playoffs. The last thing they need is a WR with a huge ego running amok.
It's called CTE and it's no joke. It makes people do irrational things. Notice all this bizarre behavior didn't start happening until after that hit by Burfict in the 2014 playoffs.

He needs to seek professional help. He doesn’t need to be on a football field where he at risk of sustaining further injury. I think everyone around him is making excuses for his behavior but not one person is actually getting him help. Right now he is still the Bucs problem and they are in a position to do something. I highly doubt they will.
MJW

Post by MJW »

This. I don't know if it's directly attributable to the Burfict hit, but this is not how AB always was. That's been kind of forgotten. Not that long ago, he was sane/behaved enough to have a bunch of national marketing campaigns and be a fan favorite. Something changed. I would be shocked if it doesn't turn out to be CTE.

Hoping he gets the help he needs and leads a long, happy life. But that doesn't feel like how this story ends.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:42 pm

Narcissism is a mental illness. Hell, anything that deviates from the neurotypical is a mental illness. Also, being a punk bitch and being mentally ill are not mutually exclusive, but these are nuances I wouldn't expect you to understand.

Are you fucking stupid? Nietzsche died in the year 1900.

Narcissistic Personality Disorder.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:42 pm

And Freud says you want to fuck your mother. Are we still even attempting to have a serious conversation?
Dread

Post by Dread »

Tampabayfan wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:16 pm

He needs to seek professional help. He doesn’t need to be on a football field where he at risk of sustaining further injury. I think everyone around him is making excuses for his behavior but not one person is actually getting him help. Right now he is still the Bucs problem and they are in a position to do something. I highly doubt they will.
What do you suggest?

It's very difficult to help those who don't want help or believe they have an issue that requires help.

Does AB strike you (or anyone) as someone who would be open to getting the type of help everyone is suggesting? He doesn't to me, atleast not with his current behavior.
Bahamian:bucfan

Post by Bahamian:bucfan »

Last edited by Bahamian:bucfan on Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Two years of off the grid living might do him wonders. Hunt and grow your food chop wood etc. Get away from social media.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Where was it that the QB went and retired - maybe he can show him the ropes.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Bahamian:bucfan wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 9:30 am https://www.yahoo.com/sports/why-was-to ... 32221.html

Interesting piece.
Thank you for posting that.
I said what I said

ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Snake

Post by Snake »

Personally, not super concerned about the locker room post-AB. More concerned about losing a great talent.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:32 am Personally, not super concerned about the locker room post-AB. More concerned about losing a great talent.
That's another concern of mine as well. This team needed AB badly after Godwin went down.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:32 am Personally, not super concerned about the locker room post-AB. More concerned about losing a great talent.
This
nybf

Post by nybf »

Yeah, they really missed him when they rallied down 14.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Because coming back against the worst defense in the league somehow means having a worse roster is a good thing?
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Honestly, if AB didn't ruin his career by throwing a fit, how reliable was his presence going forward? His ankle has been an issue all year long and was on a pitch count already. If we believe what he said about his ankle, then he already hit whatever snap count his ankle could handle. Next week we'd be feeding him the ball for incentives, putting more wear and tear on his ankle. Then who knows what his availability would've been for playoffs.

Overall, AB was not a reliable or dependable receiver prior to his meltdown. Would it really surprise anyone if he missed a playoff game or two? Hell, he was gone for the NFCCG last year.

So yea, fuck AB. We don't need him.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

So this is the point where people pretend we never needed him in the 1st place?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:59 am So this is the point where people pretend we never needed him in the 1st place?
It's the denial stage. lol
Don't tread on me
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

On the surface, I would say AB is a loss. When I see what happened after he had his meltdown I back away from that. Sure that was the Jets. That was the same Jets that was up by 14 points when AB left. Perhaps AB really was not 100%. Perhaps his cuts were crap. Perhaps AB being replaced by Cyril Grayson resulted in better route running this game. Perhaps if AB had not had a meltdown he would be better next game and into the playoffs. Perhaps.

What I do not know is what his attitude may have been doing to the team in the locker room, during the practice week, etc.

What I do know is the team managed to come back from 14 points down to get a win on the road.

I want to see how this team comes out this week. Then I can make a call as to how much I think not having AB will affect the team going forward.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:59 am So this is the point where people pretend we never needed him in the 1st place?
Where did anyone say this? Or did you already get bored arguing the definition of karma with the pudding brain that you're looking for more arguments?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:31 pm
Where did anyone say this? Or did you already get bored arguing the definition of karma with the pudding brain that you're looking for more arguments?
This is where someone said it
ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:58 am Overall, AB was not a reliable or dependable receiver prior to his meltdown. Would it really surprise anyone if he missed a playoff game or two? Hell, he was gone for the NFCCG last year.

nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:37 pm
nybf wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:31 pm

ATrain wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:58 am Overall, AB was not a reliable or dependable receiver prior to his meltdown. Would it really surprise anyone if he missed a playoff game or two? Hell, he was gone for the NFCCG last year.

Good. Another thread you two can flush down the fucking drain.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

nybf wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:39 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 12:37 pm

Good. Another thread you two can flush down the fucking drain.
You're doing a pretty good job of that yourself.
Don't tread on me