Antonio NOW Officially Released.

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
ATrain

Re: Antonio Brown Officially Cut

Post by ATrain »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:13 am
ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:06 am There are conflicting reports.
What are these conflicting reports?
The context of the situation has been reported in different ways. The newest report indicates that BA basically said AB can't be on the field if his ankle(a known injury which required a pitch count) prevented him from playing anymore. Previous reports left this exchange out and made it sound like BA just asked him to go back in and AB refused for unknown reasons.

Regardless of which report is true, AB responded in an indefensible manner and I'm glad he's gone. He betrayed the team and can fuck off. But BA could have his own blame in this that's independent of ABs response if BA did in fact treat AB differently when it comes to injuries than other players and basically kicked him off the field due to a known injury. If that's true, then BA could've handled the situation better. Which, just to be clear, even if BA could've handled things better, what AB did is not excused. Strange I have to point that out but I have to on these boards.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:18 am
ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:12 am Cool, good thing I said that nothing excused what AB did even if BA was a dick and has to eat some of the blame for creating a volatile situati
BA bears no blame for that situation. Zero. None. A 33 year old man with 4 kids reacts like that on National TV, that's 100% on him. BA could've been a dick but he didn't create a damn thing.
You're right! We are in agreement. BA can't be blame for AB's reaction, which I've stated several times now. But BA can be blamed for handling a situation poorly. That blame is independent of AB's response. They have nothing to do with one another.
Kress

Post by Kress »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:07 am That's been the cycle. Put up with him as long as you can and then throw him out when it gets to be too much and pretend to be shocked. Wash, rinse, repeat.
This type of thing happens in all industries. If you happen to be really good at what you do, people will put up with a lot of your shit. They will give you fourth, fifth, and sixth chances based on what you can bring to the table. AB brought his talents to the table, and the Bucs gladly took them.

I suppose every team likes to think "things might be different here." Hell, 90% of this board toed the company line of "Brady can keep him in check."

Even Brady can't reason with crazy.
nybf

Post by nybf »

ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:18 am
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:13 am

What are these conflicting reports?
The context of the situation has been reported in different ways. The newest report indicates that BA basically said AB can't be on the field if his ankle(a known injury which required a pitch count) prevented him from playing anymore. Previous reports left this exchange out and made it sound like BA just asked him to go back in and AB refused for unknown reasons.
"Previous reports left this exchange out" because it happened jn the middle of the game you idiot. There are no conflicting reports. You just like to type a lot of words. Just like how every post you make in this thread has to flip flop 5 times between AB and BA.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:34 am
ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:18 am

"Previous reports left this exchange out" because it happened jn the middle of the game you idiot. There are no conflicting reports. You just like to type a lot of words. Just like how every post you make in this thread has to flip flop 5 times between AB and BA.
Oh boy, looks like you're trying to bait an argument for no good reason whatsoever. I'll give you the benefit of the doubt here and assume you have the reading comprehension needed to engage on a forum like this and are just playing dumb because you enjoy picking fights with me.

Enjoy the day!
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Just watched a clip from get up and it looked like Tom walked over to AB and said something. Tom might have admonished him or something, maybe as a result, then AB went full immature. Tom can get a little heated when things arent going right.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:39 am Just watched a clip from get up and it looked like Tom walked over to AB and said something. Tom might have admonished him or something, maybe as a result, then AB went full immature.
Can you link that clip?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:39 am Just watched a clip from get up and it looked like Tom walked over to AB and said something. Tom might have admonished him or something, maybe as a result, then AB went full immature. Tom can get a little heated when things arent going right.
So now it's Brady's fault?
Kress

Post by Kress »

It's Brady's fault?!?!?! Cut that clown.
McFan

Post by McFan »

Total train wreck. Only one outcome left for this whack job and it isn't a pleasant thought.
CantonJester

Post by CantonJester »

Not to single you out, but help me reconcile this post from last night with the one you made this morning:
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:36 am
Snake wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:36 pm Antonio Brown’s “List” (per Reddit)

[…]
Had time to really think about this. AB needed help long before he took that jersey off this afternoon. Tom Brady knew it. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers knew it. Everyone knew it.

But none of them cared because he was a means to an end. His talent and what he bought to the football field meant more than actually caring about his well being.

Someone with a rap sheet this long has no business playing pro foot. He bears the responsibility for his actions and life. But he's not without enablers. Brady. Arians.. Licht. They all enabled this behavior and pinched their noses closed because he made their jobs easier.

So miss me with "he needs help". We already knew he did.
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:09 am Nuance or context are irrelevant here. Nothing warranted that type of reaction. Period.
On the one hand, you indicated (rightfully) that when the Buccaneers brought AB onboard, they were already employing a nuanced understanding as to who AB was. It would appear to me Arians let an in-game situation dictate terms where he could no longer employ said understanding. None of what I said absolves AB from his behavior.
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

This is one of the better threads on this forum
PanteraCanes

Post by PanteraCanes »

SaggyBallZ wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:59 am This is one of the better threads on this forum
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:39 am
mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:39 am Just watched a clip from get up and it looked like Tom walked over to AB and said something. Tom might have admonished him or something, maybe as a result, then AB went full immature.
Can you link that clip?
It was on tv
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:47 am
mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 9:39 am Just watched a clip from get up and it looked like Tom walked over to AB and said something. Tom might have admonished him or something, maybe as a result, then AB went full immature. Tom can get a little heated when things arent going right.
So now it's Brady's fault?
Fault?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

All I know is we got nobody to do to Bryce Hall that AB did to Bryce Hall.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:38 am All I know is we got nobody to do to Bryce Hall that AB did to Bryce Hall.
Who is Bryce Hall?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:43 am
mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:38 am All I know is we got nobody to do to Bryce Hall that AB did to Bryce Hall.
Who is Bryce Hall?
25 second mark

https://www.nfl.com/games/buccaneers-at ... 021-reg-17
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:59 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:43 am

Who is Bryce Hall?
25 second mark

Damn. That was nasty.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

This has all the earmarks of a player that has a poor team attitude.

I'm wondering if AB's attitude has been slipping this year. Extended ankle injury? Maybe. Or did AB just lose his enthusiasm for working. Sure... He'll play on gameday, that's fun. But I wonder if he just quit on the team weeks ago. Too many "Did not participate" days, and it finally spilled over into an actual game.
"Get in there!"
"I don't want to"
"Get in there"
"Umm... My ankle hurts"
"Get out, then."

He sure didn't look like he had a bad ankle when he was bouncing around in the End Zone during his departure.

Maybe not, but this looks like a guy that wanted to do things his own way, and when HE wanted to. That is NOT a team attitude.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:01 am
mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 10:59 am

25 second mark

Damn. That was nasty.
It’s crazy that he did this in a game he went complete Insane. One of the best hip turns I’ve seen all year.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

This whole saga ended the only way it could. I'm just slightly surprised it happened when the team was doing well in general. That really highlights that this is an AB mental health issue, CTE or not.

He presents a lot of the signs of bi-polar. I'm not a shrink but I have bi-polar in my family and my girlfriend is also bi-polar. So much of Brown's shit just looks like someone in the grips of a manic episode to me that it's hard not to think it.
OneBuc

Post by OneBuc »

Phantom wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 4:20 pm Rams and Packers, say hello to Brown!
Steelers, Patriots, Raiders, Bucs say, "knock yourself out".....
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Watching Skip and Shannon talk about the AB situation. Skip has a "source" that was on the sidelines and says that Brady and AB kind of got into a bit because at one point Brady went to talk to him and AB said something like "Oh you're going back to your boy Gronk now huh?" and Brady got kind of pissed at the implication and attitude.

Last week during ABs presser he looked and sounded a bit unhinged. Took him one week of "power" with both Godwin and Evans being out for him to go psycho.

What a clown.
nybf

Post by nybf »

ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:06 pm Watching Skip and Shannon
To the surprise of no one.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:08 pm
ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:06 pm Watching Skip and Shannon
Lol nice attempt at elitism. It's empty calories for background noise while I work. God you're pathetic.
nybf

Post by nybf »

ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:11 pm
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:08 pm

Lol nice attempt at elitism. It's empty calories for background noise while I work. God you're pathetic.
Do you know what words mean? Or do you mash your face against the keyboard and hope for the best?
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:12 pm
ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:11 pm

Do you know what words mean? Or do you mash your face against the keyboard and hope for the best?
You should be asking yourself that. I'm three moves ahead of you kiddo. You're trash I take out in between paying million dollar health insurance claims. Stay in your lane.
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Of course we're all guessing but I don't see mental illness here, I just see another me-first narcissist.

Narcissist is the latest fad word that we call each other when we don't like someone's behavior but it's a real fit here.

He's not mentally ill, he just craves unparalleled levels of attention.

I checked yesterday and I think both Gronk and Evans had been targeted more than Brown.....

Grayson has been coming on the scene last couple weeks. Brate with a big catch for a TD.

Suddenly unlike last week the world wasn't revolving around AB. He pouted, didn't immediately get his way and wasn't coddled correctly.

So he went off like 2 year olds do.

CT? Please. That's been around forever and never induced a single in-game episode such as this.

Mental illness? Again, bullshit. You're doing a disservice to people who do suffer from it.

He's a narcissist and unlike our 2nd cousin from Boise who is the same he has a much bigger stage than most.

If you dealt with these people you know how impossible they are to deal with, that's my guess into all this.

In short, he isn't sick, he's as normal as most bottom level punks and narcissists you've run across in life.
Patrick McIrish

Moozician wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 11:30 am

He sure didn't look like he had a bad ankle when he was bouncing around in the End Zone during his departure.

Correct, there is no ankle injury, that's just a calculated move on his part for future legal reparations.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:21 pm Of course we're all guessing but I don't see mental illness here, I just see another me-first narcissist.

Narcissist is the latest fad word that we call each other when we don't like someone's behavior but it's a real fit here.

I checked yesterday and I think both Gronk and Evans had been targeted more than Brown.....

Grayson has been coming on the scene last couple weeks. Brate with a big catch for a TD.

Suddenly unlike last week the world wasn't revolving around AB. He pouted, didn't immediately get his way and wasn't coddled correctly.

CT? Please. That's been around forever and never induced a single in-game episode such as this.

Mental illness? Again, bullshit. You're doing a disservice to people who do suffer from it.

He's a narcissist and unlike our 2nd cousin from Boise who is the same he has a much bigger stage than most.

If you dealt with these people you know how impossible they are to deal with, that's my guess into all this.

In short, he isn't sick, he's as normal as most bottom level punks and narcissists you've run across in life.
Makes me wonder if there's been shit behind the scenes going on that we don't even know about. Makes more sense(to me anyway) if this has been a slow boil over the past few weeks/months than him just randomly flipping out. But then again he's a fucking nutjob so maybe he did just go batshit crazy at the drop of a hat and burn the last bridge an NFL team will extend to him.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:28 pm
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:21 pm Of course we're all guessing but I don't see mental illness here, I just see another me-first narcissist.

Makes me wonder if there's been shit behind the scenes going on that we don't even know about. Makes more sense(to me anyway) if this has been a slow boil over the past few weeks/months than him just randomly flipping out. But then again he's a fucking nutjob so maybe he did just go batshit crazy at the drop of a hat and burn the last bridge an NFL team will extend to him.
Well, looks like it has been boioling over for some time now according to Rappaport.

nybf

Post by nybf »

Not officially cut

Patrick McIrish

ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:28 pm Makes me wonder if there's been shit behind the scenes going on that we don't even know about. Makes more sense(to me anyway) if this has been a slow boil over the past few weeks/months than him just randomly flipping out. But then again he's a fucking nutjob so maybe he did just go batshit crazy at the drop of a hat and burn the last bridge an NFL team will extend to him.
There is always something going on in their head.

They are always getting shown up, kept from the spotlight, their talents diminished.

They are the most exasperating people in the world.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

If AB isn't cut yet, Licht needs to take whichever route fucks him over the most. I don't care if it's petty, fuck em. Keep him hostage on some reserve list or suspended so he can't sign anywhere and if possible costs him some amount of his salary.