2022 Offseason Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Nano

2022 Offseason Thread

Post by Nano »

Thread for the offseason cause I don't want to post in the 2021 season thread anymore. Major news/signings/trades/ect will obviously get their own threads during the offseason, but this can still be used to discuss news that really isn't...new thread worthy. Bucs or NFL overall.

To start it off...Bucs may be going to Germany. KC-TB is rumored to be the first game in Munich, Germany next year.
acmillis

Re: 2022 Offseason Thread

Post by acmillis »

Nano wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:11 pm Thread for the offseason cause I don't want to post in the 2021 season thread anymore. Major news/signings/trades/ect will obviously get their own threads during the offseason, but this can still be used to discuss news that really isn't...new thread worthy. Bucs or NFL overall.

To start it off...Bucs may be going to Germany. KC-TB is rumored to be the first game in Munich, Germany next year.
Dear god, no. That was one of the 2-3 games that I, a real fake fan and season ticket holder was going to sell for a nice profit!
nybf

Post by nybf »

I would have said I'd be surprised to see such a high profile game moved overseas, but without Brady....
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Well done Nano.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Bucs getting a “home” game against KC moved abroad? Back to getting a screwed I see…
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

real bucs fan wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:25 pm Bucs getting a “home” game against KC moved abroad? Back to getting a screwed I see…
Good news is a Hefeweizen is only 21 Euros and a schnitzel on a stick 23.
Kona

Post by Kona »

acmillis wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:52 pm
Nano wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:11 pm Thread for the offseason cause I don't want to post in the 2021 season thread anymore. Major news/signings/trades/ect will obviously get their own threads during the offseason, but this can still be used to discuss news that really isn't...new thread worthy. Bucs or NFL overall.

Dear god, no. That was one of the 2-3 games that I, a real fake fan and season ticket holder was going to sell for a nice profit!
This ticks me off, called my ticket rep about the recent price increase and was told a big part of it was us getting an extra “home” game. What’s going to be his excuse when this happens?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Not so fast my friend, KC want home game there.. they don’t mind to give up home game for this

Edit:

Last edited by Phantom on Tue Feb 22, 2022 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nybf

Post by nybf »

mdb, is that you?
Nano

Post by Nano »

Phantom wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:32 pm Not so fast my friend, KC want home game there.. they don’t mind to give up home game for this

Edit:

It does make sense though. Kansas City has connections to FC Bayern(as mentioned in the tweet), and Germany is technically an international home market area for both teams(Patriots and Panthers are the other teams that have Germany as their international home market).
Kona

Post by Kona »

From NY Post
Hall of Famer Troy Aikman is expected to leave Fox Sports to become the main analyst for ESPN’s “Monday Night Football,” The Post has learned.

Aikman’s ESPN deal will be for five years, according to sources, and his yearly salary is expected to approach or exceed the neighborhood of Tony Romo’s $17.5 million per year contract with CBS. The deal is not yet signed, but it is near completion.
Kona

Post by Kona »

I’m curious to see if they bring in an outside hire for their main spot, or promote Greg Olsen. Really enjoyed his commentary.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Thank you for making the thread. I debated doing that but was worried that only certain people are allowed to do so without fear of the board trolls jumping in to ruin the thread.

Yes, I believe it has been confirmed that they are going to Germany. They had some ads that were published that had Buccaneers players talking about playing in Germany.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/munich- ... nal-series

I thought the only question was if it would be in Munich or Frankfort.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Kona wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 6:48 pm
acmillis wrote: Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:52 pm

This ticks me off, called my ticket rep about the recent price increase and was told a big part of it was us getting an extra “home” game. What’s going to be his excuse when this happens?
Just let the Buccaneers know that you prefer an aisle seat and nothing less than a three-star hotel for accommodations at their expense.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

PetePierson wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:44 am No one watches MNF any longer
ESPN's 2021 "Monday Night Football" Traditional Schedule Delivers Franchise's Best Viewership Since 2013; Inaugural "MNF: Saturday Doubleheader" Begins NFL's Week 18 Season Finale

· Monday Night Football Averaged 13.5 Million Viewers/Game, Up 11% from 2020 and 7% from 2019

· Week 1 was Most-Watched MNF Game Since 2016; Multi-Year Highs Set Throughout the Season

· Monday Night Football with Peyton and Eli Shattered ESPN's Alternate Telecast Viewership Records
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

13F11B wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 11:16 am

Thank you for making the thread. I debated doing that but was worried that only certain people are allowed to do so without fear of the board trolls jumping in to ruin the thread.

Yes, I believe it has been confirmed that they are going to Germany. They had some ads that were published that had Buccaneers players talking about playing in Germany.

https://www.buccaneers.com/news/munich- ... nal-series

I thought the only question was if it would be in Munich or Frankfort.
The NFL said it would be Munich this year so the Allianz Arena which can change the colors and patterns on the building.
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 12:16 pm
PetePierson wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 10:44 am No one watches MNF any longer
ESPN's 2021 "Monday Night Football" Traditional Schedule Delivers Franchise's Best Viewership Since 2013; Inaugural "MNF: Saturday Doubleheader" Begins NFL's Week 18 Season Finale

· Monday Night Football Averaged 13.5 Million Viewers/Game, Up 11% from 2020 and 7% from 2019

· Week 1 was Most-Watched MNF Game Since 2016; Multi-Year Highs Set Throughout the Season

· Monday Night Football with Peyton and Eli Shattered ESPN's Alternate Telecast Viewership Records
It's still a fraction of what it was pre-Goodell, which I think is Pete's point. Anybody (over maybe 30) who remembers what MNF was like as a kid will attest to why. It was an EVENT back then. There was no squabbling about who gets the best broadcast each week. MNF got it if they wanted it. There was no TNF. There were no Saturday games in December. There were no oddly timed Europe games. Football was 1PM-10PM Sunday (EST) and Monday Night. It was a big deal. For a lot of kids, they'd spend all day Monday in school thinking about the MNF matchup. They'd anticipate visiting with Al Michaels, Dan Dierdorf, and maybe Brent Musberger. It was a big deal.

Now, unless your team is playing, it's another game.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

MJW wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:08 am

It's still a fraction of what it was pre-Goodell, which I think is Pete's point. Anybody (over maybe 30) who remembers what MNF was like as a kid will attest to why. It was an EVENT back then. There was no squabbling about who gets the best broadcast each week. MNF got it if they wanted it. There was no TNF. There were no Saturday games in December. There were no oddly timed Europe games. Football was 1PM-10PM Sunday (EST) and Monday Night. It was a big deal. For a lot of kids, they'd spend all day Monday in school thinking about the MNF matchup. They'd anticipate visiting with Al Michaels, Dan Dierdorf, and maybe Brent Musberger. It was a big deal.

Seconded.

MNF was much more of a cultural event 20-30 years ago, at least to my subjective memory. Now it's fun if your team is in it, but it isn't THE THING that most people I know are going to watch Monday night.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Cheb wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:12 am

Seconded.

MNF was much more of a cultural event 20-30 years ago, at least to my subjective memory. Now it's fun if your team is in it, but it isn't THE THING that most people I know are going to watch Monday night.
Cultural Event...I like that. That's apt. It was a touchstone. Every one of your buddies was watching along with you. You knew the first 10 minutes of water cooler the next day would be discussing the game. People actually used to have MNF parties even if their local team wasn't playing. Getting to stay up late to watch MNF was one of my favorite memories as a kid. Even though my dad wasn't a huge football fan, even he got it. Also, it was on NETWORK TV, which meant everyone got to see it. Even though most people get ESPN, there was a certain universal quality to the experience that got lost when it moved.

Anyone born after 1995 or so has no idea what it was like in those days. It was one of the things we lost in the "new" NFL that I really miss.
Let's roll another joint
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

You forgot Ali's favorite announcer, Mr. Toupe, Howard Cosell
Push the damned button already!
MJW

Post by MJW »

IronDog wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:05 pm

You forgot Ali's favorite announcer, Mr. Toupe, Howard Cosell
Little before my time, that booth, but yeah. It's been an event since the friggin' 70s!
Let's roll another joint
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

The advent of cable and the move of the game from the network ABC to ESPN helped lessen the importance of the game. Plus the availability of many other games including virtually any game you want has made any one game shown less important.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Is it just me or do we get stuck with going to Europe all the freaking time?
MJW

Post by MJW »

Swashbuckler wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:55 pm Is it just me or do we get stuck with going to Europe all the freaking time?
I've always blamed the Glazers' EPL ties, but in this case it sounds like KC's.
Let's roll another joint
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Swashbuckler wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 1:55 pm Is it just me or do we get stuck with going to Europe all the freaking time?

Jaguars - 8 games
Raiders- 5 games
Dolphins- 5 games
Rams -4 games
Bucs/Chargers/Pats- 3 games
Vikings,Saints,Giants, 49ers, Falcons, Jets, Bears, Texans, Lions, Bengals- 2 games
Everyone else- 1 game
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

I think everyone but Snake knew we would exercise that 5th year.
MJW

Post by MJW »

uscbucsfan wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:07 pm I think everyone but Snake knew we would exercise that 5th year.
It was always going to happen. But if he was, say, a 4th rounder and he'd played like he did last year, I doubt we'd be eager to pay him $12 mil. We're kind of banking on his immense potential to be met between now and then. Which it could.
Let's roll another joint
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

MJW wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:46 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 4:07 pm I think everyone but Snake knew we would exercise that 5th year.
It was always going to happen. But if he was, say, a 4th rounder and he'd played like he did last year, I doubt we'd be eager to pay him $12 mil. We're kind of banking on his immense potential to be met between now and then. Which it could.
I agree.

He was bad last year, but we weren't not going to pick up the 5th year.

Not after what we saw in the SB run and his 1st round selection.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Tbh, it wouldn't surprise me if we gave him a huge extension next offseason that is the annual "Highest-paid among x position" type deal. Personally, I don't think he'll be worth it...but it appears to me that the FO and coaching staff has a much much higher opinion on him than most people here.
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

Cheb wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 12:12 am

Seconded.

Agreed.

MNF was sort of like what SNL used to be (for us old fucks).

In an unrelated note - France just surrendered! :lol: :lol:
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Brent Musberger was doing college in the 90s. It was Frank Gifford. He was on the show a loooong time. I remember he was on Cosell's team. I loved it in the 80s and 90s. Shadow of itself now. Although I enjoyed listing to Chucky.

kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Nano wrote: Fri Feb 25, 2022 6:26 pm Tbh, it wouldn't surprise me if we gave him a huge extension next offseason that is the annual "Highest-paid among x position" type deal. Personally, I don't think he'll be worth it...but it appears to me that the FO and coaching staff has a much much higher opinion on him than most people here.
Then they must be blind as he is always freelancing out of the play.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

My mind will find it awkward if this season suddenly our two linebackers are back to killin it with splash plays.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

The Monday Night crew I remember best was the Cosell, Gifford, and Don Meredith...

Looking forward to the halftime and highlights from Sunday games was great as we didn't really have anything like ESPN and it's overload of coverage