Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 17

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 17

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Well golly. Happy New Year. Only my Bucs can make a game with a hapless Jets team with the division already wrapped up this interesting. Where to begin…

1.) Tom Brady conducts another game winning drive. Why kid yourself? Everyone knew it was going to happen, just like everyone knows it’s not really Terry’s money.
2.) All my favorite guys caught touchdown passes in the game this week and Tom Brady had a touchdown-to-interception ratio comparable to that of the women-to-men ratio of a country concert.
3.) Anthony Nelson was clutch. Been waiting for him to become that dependable rotational guy that replaces Nassib, and I think he’s finally there.
4.) There was Shoeless Joe and now there’s Shoelaces Winfield.
5.) Cyril Grayson officially kills any hope for Scotty Miller seeing the playing field. Seriously, where the hell is that dude? Maybe he’s a cartoon character and those X’s he used to wear under his eyes are now just his eyes.

Dislikes:
1.) So, Antonio Brown loses his shit and quits on a winning team that got him a Super Bowl ring? I haven’t seen anything more unnecessary since Nelly wore a Band-Aid under his eye.
2.) Speaking of Nelly, it was pretty hot at the game yesterday. Maybe AB was just following Nelly’s instructions.
3.) Anyone else notice AB has a body of a Ken doll? Why doesn’t he have nipples?
4.) It’s early, but Brown’s shoulder pads have seen more action than I have this year.
5.) I had a great joke last week for how shitty our 3rd down defense is. Wrote it down. Didn’t use it. Threw it out. Forget it. Needed it this week.

Random:
1.) It’s been a rough week for Hall of Fame coaches losing John Madden and Dan Reeves. Who’s doing the wellness check on Mike Holmgren?
2.) I don’t know why FOX is pushing the hype of the first 18-week season. It’s like they forgot that in the 90s the NFL conducted one season where every team had two bye weeks.

There’s two guys on this team that busted their ass just to get to the stadium and then there’s Antonio Brown leaving the stadium before the game’s over. Guess which one’s myself, and all fans want on their team? No one is going to have sympathy for a guy who quits like that. Again, we’re world champions, gave him another shot, fed him to the ball to get his incentives, and the guy who’s willing to take a pay cut to keep you on the team is trying to talk you down. I understand he’s talented, I understand he’s under a lot of scrutiny, and I even understand how the media might overhype his antics, but to purposely draw attention to yourself quitting on your team by striping down and throwing your clothes into the stands? Jason Licht said it to Jeremy McNichols best.
Cheb

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 17

Post by Cheb »

Great as always.

Agreed about Anthony Nelson; he flashed quite a few times yesterday and I am pleased with his development.

I saw Miller on some special teams' snaps yesterday, but it looks like Grayson and Perriman have beat him out on offense. Maybe that injury is worse than we thought.

I also immediately thought of Jason Licht's pithy comment about Jeremy McNichols, and was looking for the clip in question yesterday during the game thread but was unfortunately not able to find it. The internet failed me. :(
Kona

Post by Kona »

Agreed on Nelson, really happy to see him come to life. Would be great to have some pass rush depth going into the playoffs.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:43 am
Dislikes:
1.) So, Antonio Brown loses his shit and quits on a winning team that got him a Super Bowl ring? I haven’t seen anything more unnecessary since Nelly wore a Band-Aid under his eye.
2.) Speaking of Nelly, it was pretty hot at the game yesterday. Maybe AB was just following Nelly’s instructions.
That was hilarious! And now that song is gonna be stuck in my head all day long. I am cursing at you.
I said what I said

mbonus

Post by mbonus »

Cheb wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:56 am
I also immediately thought of Jason Licht's pithy comment about Jeremy McNichols, and was looking for the clip in question yesterday during the game thread but was unfortunately not able to find it. The internet failed me. :(
you mean this one?

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/footbal ... r/2336411/

Bucs general manager Jason Licht was shown relaying the news by phone to Koetter, saying "McNichols got his feelings hurt. If he's going to mope and complain about taken out of the game when he just made one mistake, we don't want that kind of (stuff) anyway." credit Greg Auman
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Cheb wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:56 am Great as always.

Agreed about Anthony Nelson; he flashed quite a few times yesterday and I am pleased with his development.

I saw Miller on some special teams' snaps yesterday, but it looks like Grayson and Perriman have beat him out on offense. Maybe that injury is worse than we thought.

Considering Miller's game is entirely dependent on his speed I wonder if the turf toe has slowed him a step or two. At that point he's just an extremely undersized WR with slightly above average speed and not much else. If that's the case I'm not surprised that Perriman and Grayson have him beat out on the depth chart.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Cheb wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:56 am Great as always.

I think Miller is not playing due to a combination of Godwin’s injury (list run blocking at the WR position) and Miller’s Poot run blocking. Cyril Grayson played a big role on that 55 yard Vaughn TD last week. Arians values run blocking in his WR and Miller just isn’t that guy. With Godwin out I’m sure Arians values blocking even more.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Not something to joke about; but imagine Vita Vea taking off his pads mid-game… struggling… then getting frustrated and just staying.
MRM

Post by MRM »

Miller's lack of playing time is one of the most bewildering things I've seen on this team in a long time, especially the last 2 games with multiple receivers not playing.

Great comeback effort. Before the AB meltdown, I thought this was another WFT game.
nybf

Post by nybf »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:47 pm Not something to joke about; but imagine Vita Vea taking off his pads mid-game… struggling… then getting frustrated and just staying.
This is why the mods need to bring the thumbs down button back
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

5.) I had a great joke last week for how shitty our 3rd down defense is. Wrote it down. Didn’t use it. Threw it out. Forget it. Needed it this week.
Just remembered it!

Bucs offense is the #2 offense in converting 3rd down. The #1 offense is whatever team is playing the Bucs.

Totally worth the wait, I know.
Kress

Post by Kress »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:45 pm
Just remembered it!

Bucs offense is the #2 offense in converting 3rd down. The #1 offense is whatever team is playing the Bucs.

Totally worth the wait, I know.

That has nothing to do with Antonio Brown. You killed the whole theme.

I hope you're happy with yourself.
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Scotty Miller doesnt have that same chemistry with Brady that he did last year. Even then he was mainly just a deep threat and not much else. I’m not sure he has the skillset for a long career in the league, if he’s not roasting a corner with his speed he’s not of much use.

Regardless of what happens, dude is forever a Buc legend for the TD in the NFC title game.
MJW

Post by MJW »

MRM wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:51 pm Miller's lack of playing time is one of the most bewildering things I've seen on this team in a long time, especially the last 2 games with multiple receivers not playing.

Great comeback effort. Before the AB meltdown, I thought this was another WFT game.
I can only think of two reasons:

One, he's not healthy. Sometimes guys are back but they're not "back."

Two, and this is the one that worries me, Brady has not been nearly as accurate on Go Balls this year, and that's really where Miller's value lies. He's nowhere near a complete receiver.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
MJW

Post by MJW »

mbonus wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:01 pm
Cheb wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 8:56 am
you mean this one?

https://www.tampabay.com/sports/footbal ... r/2336411/

Bucs general manager Jason Licht was shown relaying the news by phone to Koetter, saying "McNichols got his feelings hurt. If he's going to mope and complain about taken out of the game when he just made one mistake, we don't want that kind of (stuff) anyway." credit Greg Auman
I missed that when it happened. That's pretty funny.

Gotta give McNichols a little credit, though. 5 years later and he's still drawing a paycheck.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Great write up this week. Best one of the year for sure. I hope Dislike #4 improves for you.

I heard a rumor of what actually happened on the sideline with BA and AB. Arians walked over to AB and told him to stop acting like Betty White. Unfortunately, nobody could find a Snickers bar in time and he went all Miley Cyrus on the place......I know, I need to leave the jokes to Ich