State of The Bucs

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Buccabeer

State of The Bucs

Post by Buccabeer »

We're obviously going into the Playoffs with at least one home game, but this is the time of the year when you start looking at teams that have momentum, things swinging to their favor, and you could say "swagger" as to the teams that really have a chance at the SB.

I personally think as a Team we did not prepare well for this game today. If I were a fly on the wall, maybe we felt the Defense was going to continue doing what it has done the last 2 weeks and the Offense would just need to do "enough" and win by a couple scores. When we realized we were playing from behind, there was a bit of an "Oh S@#$" moment and if it weren't for a stupid call by the Jets HC we'd be having the worst weekend of Bucs football in a long time.

Both sides of the ball are inconsistent and the drama surrounding AB will no doubt have people pointing fingers in all directions. He needed to go after his actions today, but don't be surprised if in his final act he's talking to players blaming X, Y, Z to be nothing short of a distraction.

With all the injuries and our lack of any consistency I am having a hard time seeing us getting out of Round 1 of the Playoffs. The only way I see that happening is if the mentality of this team changes to being an Underdog. We are not going to be able to line up and just play like we have all year and expect to Win. We have to play like we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. That needs to be an ALL IN plan, including Brady. Screw the constant 4 yards here and 4 years there. Take some chances and let the chips fall where they fall. It's pretty clear that next year we're going to be a completely different team from personnel and/or coaching.

Let's GO!
13F11B

Re: State of The Bucs

Post by 13F11B »

Buccabeer wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:41 pm Both sides of the ball are inconsistent and the drama surrounding AB will no doubt have people pointing fingers in all directions. He needed to go after his actions today, but don't be surprised if in his final act he's talking to players blaming X, Y, Z to be nothing short of a distraction.

With all the injuries and our lack of any consistency I am having a hard time seeing us getting out of Round 1 of the Playoffs. The only way I see that happening is if the mentality of this team changes to being an Underdog. We are not going to be able to line up and just play like we have all year and expect to Win. We have to play like we have nothing to lose and everything to gain. That needs to be an ALL IN plan, including Brady. Screw the constant 4 yards here and 4 years there. Take some chances and let the chips fall where they fall. It's pretty clear that next year we're going to be a completely different team from personnel and/or coaching.

Let's GO!
I think there is a chance that AB leaving will result in a better team.
  1. Brady realizes he has to throw to the open receiver and won't force crap to get a specific player numbers
  2. Other wide receivers will feel that they not only have an opportunity to shine but the need to shine
  3. As you said the team takes on an us against the world mentality
  4. AB is not in the facility spreading BS far and wide
Buccabeer

Re: State of The Bucs

Post by Buccabeer »

13F11B wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:49 pm
Buccabeer wrote: Sun Jan 02, 2022 9:41 pm Both sides of the ball are inconsistent and the drama surrounding AB will no doubt have people pointing fingers in all directions. He needed to go after his actions today, but don't be surprised if in his final act he's talking to players blaming X, Y, Z to be nothing short of a distraction.

Let's GO!
I think there is a chance that AB leaving will result in a better team.
  1. Brady realizes he has to throw to the open receiver and won't force crap to get a specific player numbers
  2. Other wide receivers will feel that they not only have an opportunity to shine but the need to shine
  3. As you said the team takes on an us against the world mentality
  4. AB is not in the facility spreading BS far and wide
That is definitely the upside of the drama today, and not unrealistic considering the results after he left (minus the defense still being pudding).