Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 16

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 16

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

This was the exact thing we needed to get the taste of last week out of our mouth’s. We can stop licking the carpet now. Clinched the division, kicked the Panther’s ass, recorded seven sacks, and did so convincingly despite missing stars at most levels. I’m proud of the depth of this team.

1.) Every teenage boy’s nightmare. Waking up and Whitehead’s everywhere.
2.) Rember Charles Lee? Practice squad receiver elevated to starter? Wound up being a dick. Enter Grayson. He’s no superhero, but he’s so much better, and he’s not a Dick.
3.) Carolina had no answer for Antonio Brown. In fact, I think our coaches had just as many tackles on him as the Panthers did.
4.) Tom Brady’s too competitive. He sees Cam Newton take off for a forty-yard game, Brady’s gotta try and match it.
5.) Sean Murphy-Bunting getting credit for a pass breakup and giving up a catch all on the same play.
6.) Ke’Shawn Vaughn scored his first rushing touchdown yesterday and 2nd overall touchdown of his career thus tying him with Keyshawn Johnson.
7.) Donovan Smith and Alex Cappa. You’re Pro Bowlers in my book.
8.) Why does is always look like Anthony Nelson is wearing equipment two sizes too small for him?
9.) Congratulations to Will Gholston for setting a new career high in sacks this year.

Dislikes:
1.) How do the defending world champions get a game called by Kevin Kugler and Butt Fumble?

Random:
1.) I’ve watched enough games now to declare our PA 3rd down guy is the best.
2.) Cameron Brate scores a touchdown, but apparently isn’t good enough to have a cartoon avatar.
3.) Laura Okmin cakes on that make up thicker and thicker every year. I still would though.

Why did I decide to make fun early 2000s legends Keyshawn Johnson and Charles Lee? Because humble Cam Newton isn’t a much fun to crack jokes on. This game and hopefully the next two are some of my favorite as lesser guys are getting to contribute and that’s always fun. I live for the Horace Copeland backflips and the Aaron Stecker scampers up the sideline.
Buccabeer

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 16

Post by Buccabeer »

Good stuff as always! 3rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrd down.

I wonder if he and Michael Buffer are buddies.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Great stuff @IchabodCrane84
nybf

Post by nybf »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:26 am Dislikes:
1.) How do the defending world champions get a game called by Kevin Kugler and Butt Fumble?
I think they did the Tuesday game? And I was commenting on how terrible a booth they were. I stopped watching (Tuesday) because of them.

Love that they showed him how the touchscreen works. Counting players all day was great.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

The answer to Dislike 1. is by playing the Carolina Puddy Tats.

Kress

Post by Kress »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:26 am We can stop licking the carpet now.
I started writing about 12 comments to this, but deleted them all. I also tried a couple of photos, but those.... well.... that would have gotten me in trouble. Also, work computer.

I'm officially at a loss over here.
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

I was with you until you got to Okmin. My thought yesterday was, "Not hot enough to be a sideline reporter who says nothing substantive."
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

nybf wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:17 am
IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:26 am Dislikes:
I think they did the Tuesday game? And I was commenting on how terrible a booth they were. I stopped watching (Tuesday) because of them.

Love that they showed him how the touchscreen works. Counting players all day was great.
We have a league that average career is ~3 years… and none of these guys want to call games? Some of these guys have to have personality and be good.

Being the lead guy requires a good voice, so a lot of guys should be told early on to quit.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:10 am We have a league that average career is ~3 years… and none of these guys want to call games? Some of these guys have to have personality and be good.

Being the lead guy requires a good voice, so a lot of guys should be told early on to quit.
Perhaps hiring a professional broadcaster and not a washed-up player would be a way to get better broadcasters. Sure some ex-players are good. Others, like Collingsworth, are assholes but OK. Others like that crew both suck.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

There were announcers? I heard a bunch of blathering and mumbling, but once one of them, who really cared which one, commented about the Panthers' defense and at the end called them the Bucs, I knew that my future hearing aids would not be needed for that game.
Push the damned button already!
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I missed the game and watched the YT highlights. Yep...that broadcast crew was terrible even in a short 15 minuted highlight video.
Don't tread on me
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 12:52 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:10 am We have a league that average career is ~3 years… and none of these guys want to call games? Some of these guys have to have personality and be good.

Perhaps hiring a professional broadcaster and not a washed-up player would be a way to get better broadcasters. Sure some ex-players are good. Others, like Collingsworth, are assholes but OK. Others like that crew both suck.
It amazes me in a billion dollar league how there aren't top-tier broadcasters. The NFL is the slowest moving game, so maybe that's why not many want to do it. As Joe Rogan has stated previously, live TV fuck ups happen on the regular. It's just a matter of keeping them down.

How is the NBA better at building announce team chemistry than the NFL?
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:26 am 2.) Rember Charles Lee? Practice squad receiver elevated to starter? Wound up being a dick.
Two things - Charles Lee is now 44 and that did not make me feel young. Also I went to UCF so kept up with him a bit - so then there was this - https://www.thebullspen.com/topic/47029 ... d-robbery/
I said what I said

Dread

Post by Dread »

Kress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:29 am
IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 7:26 am We can stop licking the carpet now.
I started writing about 12 comments to this, but deleted them all. I also tried a couple of photos, but those.... well.... that would have gotten me in trouble. Also, work computer.

Plus it's all hardwood floors these days
Kress

Post by Kress »

Dread wrote: Tue Dec 28, 2021 7:07 am
Kress wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:29 am

Plus it's all hardwood floors these days
Polishing the hardwood kind of has the wrong connotation to it, no?
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 11:10 am
nybf wrote: Mon Dec 27, 2021 10:17 am

We have a league that average career is ~3 years… and none of these guys want to call games? Some of these guys have to have personality and be good.

If Aqib Talib is “good enough” to be on a broadcast team, there’s got to be eleventy billion other people who are capable, no?!?!