**Bears @ Bucs Discussion**

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Nano

**Bears @ Bucs Discussion**

Post by Nano »

Those poor Bears. They turned Brady into a meme last year...a senile old man that didn't even know what down it is. But Brady's back...and he remembers. This time, they don't have Foles starting to stop him.

The Vegas line for this game is an absurd -13.5 TB which is really only a line that is seen when Vegas writes a game off as a blowout(For example, the only better line this week is the Rams -15 over the Lions).

The game is on CBS this week for some reason, and we have our SB commentator team of Romo/Nantz back in Tampa.
acmillis

Re: **Bears @ Bucs Discussion**

Post by acmillis »

I'm not scared of this game, but it does seem like a much closer game than TB -13.5. I mean, they just held AROD to 24 points. I don't think we'll score more than 28, but we'll still walk away with the W. Something like 27-21 where the Bears are driving late and a previously missed FG means they have to go for a TD rather than a tying FG, and we end up not letting them score.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Bears defense still has teeth but this is a game we should win without too much trouble. We get the mini-bye and the Bears have to travel. Bruce said AWJ is likely back so our defense will be a bit more stout(hopefully).

So long as we don't give up multiple 40+ yard DPIs, the Bears may not cross the 50 yard line more than once or twice on their own.
Max

Post by Max »

acmillis wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:28 pm I'm not scared of this game, but it does seem like a much closer game than TB -13.5. I mean, they just held AROD to 24 points.
Rodgers has been painfully average this season, their O-Line is banged up and Davante Adams is their only capable receiver. 

If we play up to our potential, this shouldn't be close.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Also, don't think Brady wants revenge for his infamous Senior Moment during our TNF game vs the Bears.

Wouldn't shock me if he goes out there and puts up another 4 or 5 TDs just out of spite.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Many things should be playing in our favor. We have Tom Brady as per usual, Winfield might be back at safety, we play at home, have the mini-bye to rest up and get healthy, the Bears have only thrown for three(!) touchdowns all year which should bode well for our depleted secondary, and the strength of their offense (the run game) should be negated by our fantastic run defense.

And yet, I think the Bears will give us a game. They lead the NFL in sacks and have a top-10 passing defense by yards allowed. They have a very mobile quarterback in Justin Fields, and as of today we don't know if LVD is going to be a go for Sunday.

I don't know if we blow out the Bears by as much as Vegas thinks we will. I'd be happy to be wrong.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Fields is not good. The Bears are not good. They do rush the passer well, which is obviously a big deal, but that's about the only thing that team does well.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

If the offense can score early and often enough, that will force the Bears to pass which is exactly what they suck at. While I wouldn't look past the Bears, this ain't last year. Bucs by 10+.
Don't tread on me
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Max wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:34 pm
acmillis wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:28 pm I'm not scared of this game, but it does seem like a much closer game than TB -13.5. I mean, they just held AROD to 24 points.
Rodgers has been painfully average this season, their O-Line is banged up and Davante Adams is their only capable receiver. 

If completing 67% of your passes with a 4:1 TD:INT ratio while guiding a team to a 5-1 record is "painfully average" I wonder what a qb would have to do to be just average, or hell, even "above average."
Max

Post by Max »

acmillis wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:18 pm
Max wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:34 pm

If completing 67% of your passes with a 4:1 TD:INT ratio while guiding a team to a 5-1 record is "painfully average" I wonder what a qb would have to do to be just average, or hell, even "above average."
Rodgers is #21 in passing yards and #18 in PFF grade. He has a great TD:INT ratio (as always), but most of his TD passes came off screens and tap passes to Jones. Also had some turnover luck.

He hasn't been bad, but he hasn't been playing near MVP-level either.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Is this one of those games people like to call a "trap game"? I feel like at least 1 person has called each of our last 3 games a trap game.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Max wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:39 pm
acmillis wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:18 pm

Rodgers is #21 in passing yards and #18 in PFF grade. He has a great TD:INT ratio (as always), but most of his TD passes came off screens and tap passes to Jones. Also had some turnover luck.

YARDS YARDS YARDS
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:31 pm
Max wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:39 pm

YARDS YARDS YARDS
Sooo do we not like yards this week? Hard to keep up.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:52 pm Is this one of those games people like to call a "trap game"? I feel like at least 1 person has called each of our last 3 games a trap game.
It has all the potential to be. Division foe next week; the perception of a weak opponent this week. Their strength plays directly into the one thing that can end our season on one play; and D. Smith (whatever PFF says) is not playing well right now. His technique is regressing, and he historically struggles the most against ends with speed. Combine all that with a fast, mobile quarterback that will demand our LBs to respect his legs and the simple fact most of our secondary are bag boys - yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if we lost this game.

I don't think that will happen, but there are legitimate factors to consider.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:40 pm
acmillis wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:31 pm
YARDS YARDS YARDS
Sooo do we not like yards this week? Hard to keep up.
I prefer points, how ‘bout yooz?
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:27 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 3:52 pm Is this one of those games people like to call a "trap game"? I feel like at least 1 person has called each of our last 3 games a trap game.
It has all the potential to be. Division foe next week; the perception of a weak opponent this week. Their strength plays directly into the one thing that can end our season on one play; and D. Smith (whatever PFF says) is not playing well right now. His technique is regressing, and he historically struggles the most against ends with speed. Combine all that with a fast, mobile quarterback that will demand our LBs to respect his legs and the simple fact most of our secondary are bag boys - yeah, I wouldn't be shocked if we lost this game.

I don't think that will happen, but there are legitimate factors to consider.
Then by that definition this is much more of a "trap game" than the Patriots, Dolphins or Eagles ever were.

I just have a hard time believing this team would ever lose because they are looking ahead at anybody. Seems like something a much younger, newer contender would do. We're the team everyone is trying to knock off. So why the hell would we look down?

It's the NFL. You win, you lose. It happens. I'd never say we lost a game looking ahead at another team. Least of all Jameis Winston and the Saints.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

PetePierson wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:54 pm Fields looked more dangerous running the ball than Hurts, quicker too. Bears played the Pack tough.

Game has me a little worried.

I agree and most of us kept saying how awful Hurts looks. Had we had the secondary healthy I'm not sure Philly would have got in the endzone. Fields is a better QB than Hurts without question.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

PetePierson wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:54 pm Fields looked more dangerous running the ball than Hurts, quicker too. Bears played the Pack tough.

Game has me a little worried.
Fields is not ready to compete. He’s more athletic than Hurts, but he’s hardly a danger at this stage of his career. He looks like every other rookie QB in football who’s not that special 1 outta 10 player.
Last edited by King Bootz on Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

I don't feel like the Bears will be able to have long drives against our D. We stop the run well obviously and if the outside is contained and White watches Fields I don't think he will consistently beat them in the passing game. I would imagine Bowles will bring the heat but I'd like to see them play zone and rush 4.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Redrum wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:38 pm I don't feel like the Bears will be able to have long drives against our D. We stop the run well obviously and if the outside is contained and White watches Fields I don't think he will consistently beat them in the passing game. I would imagine Bowles will bring the heat but I'd like to see them play zone and rush 4.
This isn’t hyperbole but this is a game we should breakout in terms of sacks. I’m putting the line at 4.5 and taking the over.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:41 pm
Redrum wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:38 pm I don't feel like the Bears will be able to have long drives against our D. We stop the run well obviously and if the outside is contained and White watches Fields I don't think he will consistently beat them in the passing game. I would imagine Bowles will bring the heat but I'd like to see them play zone and rush 4.
This isn’t hyperbole but this is a game we should breakout in terms of sacks. I’m putting the line at 4.5 and taking the over.
I agree as long as they are disciplined in their lanes and finish tackles.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I kinda wanna see Lenny smacking those inside linebackers.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

D White needs to step it up this game and be responsible for Fields and the RBs . I think White is fixin to open a can of whoop ass in fields .
MJW

Post by MJW »

There are no "trap games' in Tom Brady's Tampa, I don't think. There are games we have to play our best to win, and games where we can still win if we don't play our best.

As for this specific game, this is a team that beat us last year in a game where Brady embarrassed himself by forgetting the down.

They're also an inferior opponent playing a rookie quarterback.

This should be a "cleat on neck" game. Should be.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:37 am
There are no "trap games' in Tom Brady's Tampa, I don't think. There are games we have to play our best to win, and games where we can still win if we don't play our best.

As for this specific game, this is a team that beat us last year in a game where Brady embarrassed himself by forgetting the down.

My thoughts precisely. I can't imagine using the excuse that we lost a game because we were looking towards next week. Not this veteran team
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:43 am
MJW wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:37 am

My thoughts precisely. I can't imagine using the excuse that we lost a game because we were looking towards next week. Not this veteran team
Well said.

FWIW, I think the Bears are still a DANGEROUS team. And I think Nagy is a better coach than he gets credit for. But we're the better team here. BA and TB will put us in a position to succeed, and we need to execute.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

I haven’t watched their OL to see how bad it is. I hope you’re right though.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

The Bears defense is a matchup nightmare for this offense. Also, with the secondary banged up, expect Fields to test this team early and often. If he starts hitting his marks downfield, things could get ugly fast.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Dread

Post by Dread »

Justin Fields gets sacked at a higher rate than any other QB. Their best RB is also hurt.

Bears can't score enough points to keep pace so unless the Bucs self destruct on offense this shouldn't be close.

Maybe if we didn't lose to the Bears last season I could buy into the idea we could look ahead to the Saints, but I think Brady has a great game Sunday.

I like Justin Fields, but this is too much to ask given the talent he has around him.

Similar to last Thursday this is a game where the Bears would need their A game and hope the Bucs stumble all of themselves if they hope to keep it close.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Go Bucs should be enough for this one.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Primeminister wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 4:14 am

I haven’t watched their OL to see how bad it is. I hope you’re right though.
Less to do with their Oline and more to do with the fact that Fields takes so many sacks. Bad ones. He escapes the pocket at times when he doesn’t have to and runs right into them. He’s young, talented, but at this stage not ready.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

This is where my head is at as well.
Don't tread on me
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

Cheb wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:45 pm Many things should be playing in our favor. We have Tom Brady as per usual, Winfield might be back at safety, we play at home, have the mini-bye to rest up and get healthy, the Bears have only thrown for three(!) touchdowns all year which should bode well for our depleted secondary, and the strength of their offense (the run game) should be negated by our fantastic run defense.

And yet, I think the Bears will give us a game. They lead the NFL in sacks and have a top-10 passing defense by yards allowed. They have a very mobile quarterback in Justin Fields, and as of today we don't know if LVD is going to be a go for Sunday.

I don't know if we blow out the Bears by as much as Vegas thinks we will. I'd be happy to be wrong.
This reminds me of those talking about Hargrave with the Eagles last week where, while I think the Bears pass defense is pretty decent, their top 10 status isn't what it appears. Stafford lit them up week 1. The Rams have an offense much like ours and they had no problem moving the ball route to putting up 34 points while scoring points on 6 of 7 legitimate possessions. After that, they held the Bengals to only 207 yards... not impressive. The Bengals are a team who will improve as the season goes on as Burrow gets a better feel. At the time of that game, he only had 10 NFL starts I believe.

After that, they had the Browns who put up over 200 yards rushing. There's no need to throw the ball if you can run for 200. Goff threw for almost 300 yards against them!! Then they got the Raiders with all the Gruden turmoil and then the Packers. Green Bay hasn't looked like "Green Bay" all that much this year. Rodgers is only averaging 240 yards passing per game this season.

This isn't an opponent I'm scared of... kind of Miami-esq. They doing nothing great. This game should be a blowout, much like the Detroit game last year. I'll be very disappointed if the Bears manage more than 10 points (unless they get an 'oh-by-the-way' TD at the end of the game when it's 41-10), and the Bucs fail to score at least in the 30's.

That being said, because we apparently like to play down to our opponent, it may end up something like 27-17.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Another thing of note about this game. If the Bucs win, it will be the first time in franchise history a Bucs team started a season 6-1.
Don't tread on me
Nano

Post by Nano »

Antoine Winfield Jr still in the concussion protocol. Arians do the coach speak of "We hope and think he'll be cleared for this Sunday", but this is getting extremely worrisome.