How do you think each team will do?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
uscbucsfan

Re: How do you think each team will do?

Post by uscbucsfan »

Sdbucs wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:35 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:04 pm Odd take..."Mahomes was propped up by Hill"...Let's see how that plays out. Mahomes threw less picks when Hill was out and has a 108 QB rating when Hill isn't on the field.
I mean do you think that team is even competitive vs us without Tyreek? We lost to them in the regular season because we simply couldn't cover Hill. That's really all they had on us. And that's true for most teams. Hill is such an X factor that teams had to completely game plan around him, NOT Mahomes. In fact, Kelce was a massive beneficiary of Tyreek as well and will not see the production that he had with him around. The Chiefs used Tyreek's skillset to perfection and it really opened things up for Mahomes and Kelce.

Lets see how Mahomes looks without him
Absolutely. Hill is great, but the Chiefs offense, because of Mahomes, is still great without him. We've seen it for 6 or more games. They don't miss a beat and Mahomes is actually more efficient...according to #stats.

Reid schemed well with Hill, even when he wasn't throwing to him, but being great sometimes made both Reid and Mahomes to force plays to him. I remember before the SB it was shown that Hill was 2nd in the NFL in dropped balls and like 3rd for balls that went through his hands that became interceptions. It was PFF, I believe.

If you think teams don't gameplan for Mahomes, you're crazy. That SuperBowl performance when HIll and Kelce sucked should show you how good Mahomes really is, he was incredible and his team couldn't block and receivers couldn't catch...but he kept making crazy shit possible.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:43 pm

I mean do you think that team is even competitive vs us without Tyreek? We lost to them in the regular season because we simply couldn't cover Hill. That's really all they had on us. And that's true for most teams. Hill is such an X factor that teams had to completely game plan around him, NOT Mahomes. In fact, Kelce was a massive beneficiary of Tyreek as well and will not see the production that he had with him around. The Chiefs used Tyreek's skillset to perfection and it really opened things up for Mahomes and Kelce.

Absolutely. Hill is great, but the Chiefs offense, because of Mahomes, is still great without him. We've seen it for 6 or more games. They don't miss a beat and Mahomes is actually more efficient...according to #stats.

Reid schemed well with Hill, even when he wasn't throwing to him, but being great sometimes made both Reid and Mahomes to force plays to him. I remember before the SB it was shown that Hill was 2nd in the NFL in dropped balls and like 3rd for balls that went through his hands that became interceptions. It was PFF, I believe.

If you think teams don't gameplan for Mahomes, you're crazy. That SuperBowl performance when HIll and Kelce sucked should show you how good Mahomes really is, he was incredible and his team couldn't block and receivers couldn't catch...but he kept making crazy shit possible.
That crazy shit is very likely to bite him in the ass one day when he goes to spin away from pressure but only one of his legs spins with him because the other leg got pinned under a persuing lineman.
Don't tread on me
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 1:55 pm

That crazy shit is very likely to bite him in the ass one day when he goes to spin away from pressure but only one of his legs spins with him because the other leg got pinned under a persuing lineman.
Probably, but until then it's crazy to watch. That 360 throw and the horizontal throw were two of the best I've ever seen...both were dropped.
MJW

Post by MJW »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Aug 09, 2022 12:43 pm

Here's a now forgotten fact about Andy Reid -

He constantly put together top offenses in Philly and turned Donovan McNabb into a Pro-Bowler - and between 1999-2006, the best wide receiver he had to work with was probably James Thrash.

The point is, he's perfectly comfortable scheming a great offense around tight ends and running backs in the passing game, if that's what he chooses to do here. It'll look different. Mahomes's average depth of target will certainly drop. Running backs will become fantasy relevant. Their #2 tight end will probably catch 40 balls. But their offense will be fine.

You want a reason to think the Chiefs will slip? Their divisional games should ALL be competitive now. That can take a lot out of a team. We've seen what that's like the NFC South at times.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

It's been hilarious at best to me when I see people thinking Tyreek Hill made the Chiefs offense what it was. Don't get me wrong, no other WR in this league can do what he does. But as @MJW put it, we're talking about Andy Reid here. Let's not pretend that he hasn't been doing this for almost as long as Hill has been alive.

And Mahomes, great QBs aren't made from 1 weapon. I think it's that syndrome society has where they want to see the guy on top fall in a major way. It doesn't happen in this story though.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:40 am It's been hilarious at best to me when I see people thinking Tyreek Hill made the Chiefs offense what it was. Don't get me wrong, no other WR in this league can do what he does. But as @MJW put it, we're talking about Andy Reid here. Let's not pretend that he hasn't been doing this for almost as long as Hill has been alive.

And Mahomes, great QBs aren't made from 1 weapon. I think it's that syndrome society has where they want to see the guy on top fall in a major way. It doesn't happen in this story though.
I'd agree. Tyreek is a hell of a player and the Chiefs will miss him, but Mahomes and company will still be putting up points and yards at a high rate.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Aug 10, 2022 7:40 am It's been hilarious at best to me when I see people thinking Tyreek Hill made the Chiefs offense what it was. Don't get me wrong, no other WR in this league can do what he does. But as @MJW put it, we're talking about Andy Reid here. Let's not pretend that he hasn't been doing this for almost as long as Hill has been alive.

“The Chiefs used Tyreek's skillset to perfection and it really opened things up for Mahomes and Kelce” aka Reid and Co. Definitely give Reid credit for what they accomplished with Hill

For example, as good as Tyreek is, will the Dolphins use him as well as the Chiefs did? Probably not.

Reid is a great coach, but now the Chiefs lack talent. They have a strong Charger, a strong Broncos, and a sometimes strong Raiders all ready to show them what they’ve got.

Mahomes is not that difference maker that puts them above those 3, that’s all I’m saying. The Chiefs have an uphill battle this season.

NFL Power Ranks published today made me think of this thread:
Chiefs 7
Broncos 8
Chargers 9
Raiders 11

Don’t sleep on LAC