How do you think each team will do?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

How do you think each team will do?

Post by Defense5599 »

CHASING THE LOMBARDI- Bucs, Rams, Packers, Bills, Chiefs, Titans

HEADS AND CLEATS ABOVE THE REST. VERY GOOD BUT NOT THE BEST- Cardinals, Cowboys, 49ers, Raiders, Patriots, Bengals

PICTURE BLURRED. FATE BECOMES CLEAR BY THANKSGIVING- Saints, Panthers, Bears, Eagles, Browns, Ravens, Dolphins, Broncos

PROBABLY WON'T SUCCEED. MAY NEED OVERHAUL OF ROSTER/COACHING STAFF- Falcons, Commanders, Vikings, Steelers, Colts, Chargers

OFF THE AIR BY COLUMBUS DAY. IN THE DRAFT'S TOP TEN BY BLACK FRIDAY- Giants, Lions, Seahawks, Jets, Texans, Jaguars
Last edited by Defense5599 on Tue Aug 02, 2022 4:57 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Sdbucs

Re: How do you think each team will do?

Post by Sdbucs »

What the f is that Chargers ranking?

They’re in the 2nd tier for sure. Will win division

Flip chargers and raiders in your ranks
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Raiders, Chargers, and Colts are contenders
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

@Sdbucs You think the Chargers will go from 3rd in their division and out of the playoffs to divisional winners? With Patrick Mahomes and Russell Wilson there?

LMAO!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Chasing Lombardi- Bucs, Rams, 49ers, Packers. Chiefs, Bills, Patriots, Colts, Browns*

Overrated- Chargers, Bengals, Ravens, Titans, Cardinals, Cowboys.

The rest are what they are.

*All hinges on Deshaun Watson
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:48 am @Sdbucs You think the Chargers will go from 3rd in their division and out of the playoffs to divisional winners? With Patrick Mahomes and Russell Wilson there?

LMAO!
Maybe shouldnt be to outlandish of a word.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Sdbucs wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:45 am What the f is that Chargers ranking?

They’re in the 2nd tier for sure. Will win division

Flip chargers and raiders in your ranks
They finished third in their division and out of the playoffs last year. If you really think they can win their division while going up against Patrick Mahomes, Russell Wilson and Derek Carr, I've got some mountainside property here in Florida to sell you.

The AFC West is, no doubt, the toughest division in football this year.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

The Chargers added Mack, JC Jackson, and Austin Johnson. If Herbert takes another step to an already great season, they are absolutely contenders. Not favorites, but contenders.

They beat the Raiders once, lost in OT another time, and split with the Chiefs last year and have improved. Thinking they are contenders isn't outlandish at all.

edit: I forgot about their L to the Chiefs was in OT. They were extremely evenly matched with the Chiefs last year.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Maybe it’s the Gruden stink hanging around…but I still can’t buy the Raiders. Carr is also the worst QB in the division.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

No one is saying the Chargers haven't improved. But this idea that they've done enough to top the Chiefs is very outlandish. Wake me when they've done enough to top the Raiders.

The AFC West improved across the board. Denver got a top 5 QB still in his prime. Mahomes is Mahomes. LV got better with the additions of Davante Adams and Chandler Jones. Chargers have a steep hill to climb.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I don't really have a thought out position on the Broncos, either.

Huge upgrade at QB, obviously. Rookie HC.

Vegas has their over/under win total at 10.5. Tied with the Chargers and the Chiefs. 2 above the Raiders.

Division is gonna be a slugfest.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Snake wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:11 pm I don't really have a thought out position on the Broncos, either.

Huge upgrade at QB, obviously. Rookie HC.

Vegas has their over/under win total at 10.5. Tied with the Chargers and the Chiefs. 2 above the Raiders.

Division is gonna be a slugfest.
Same.

The Broncos could runaway with Wilson...the Chiefs could take a step back without Hill...Herbert could get even better...the Raiders could be the same team that disappoints....It's all up in the air in that division. They are all pretty evenly matched on paper.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Pretty evenly matched on paper except where it really matters. Mahomes is head and shoulders the best QB in the AFC, let alone the division. Andy Reid is also the best HC in this division.

Justin Herbert, if you watch him closely, loses more games than he should because he can't get out of his own way. That is augmented by the fact that his HC seems to have no idea what he's doing. The Chargers will be better served having Herbert do less. His decision making hurts them a lot.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:23 pm Pretty evenly matched on paper except where it really matters.
They were 1-1 vs both the Chiefs and the Raiders with their second loses being in OT. They were a tie or win away from the playoffs last year. They are pretty evenly matched on the field as well. They aren't the favorites, but I'd take them over the Raiders and wouldn't be shocked if they won the division. I think it will be the Chiefs again, but it's close.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Patriots contenders? When does that shine wear off? They aren’t close imo.

I’d be shocked if the Chargers weren’t good. Herbert is a phenom and that roster is looking really good now.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

TBH I would put the Chargers ahead of the Broncos. Could the Broncos be good? Yes. Will they? The jury is still out.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:32 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 12:23 pm Pretty evenly matched on paper except where it really matters.
They were 1-1 vs both the Chiefs and the Raiders with their second loses being in OT. They were a tie or win away from the playoffs last year. They are pretty evenly matched on the field as well. They aren't the favorites, but I'd take them over the Raiders and wouldn't be shocked if they won the division. I think it will be the Chiefs again, but it's close.
H2H divisional matchups are a horrible way to gage how close a team is. How often do we see upset in the division? Annually. So you stack up well against teams you build your roster around to beat..Good for you.

These same Chargers gave up 41 to the Texans in a blowout loss. Yes, they split with the Raiders and Chiefs. You know who else they split with? The Broncos and they lost that game by 2 scores.

I think the division will be close but I don't see the Chargers coming within 2 games of the division winner.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Superbowl, Maybe: Bills, Patriots, Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers, Bucs, 49ers, Rams

Could Party Crash: Ravens, Browns, Bengals, Eagles, Cowboys, Saints, Cardinals

Blah: Dolphins, Steelers, Colts, Titans, Jaguars, Raiders, Lions, Vikings, Panthers

Gross: Jets, Texans, Giants, Commanders, Bears, Falcons, Seahawks

Teams I Like More Than Most Do Right Now: Lions, Jaguars, Patriots
Teams I Like Less Than Most Do Right Now: Colts, Titans, Cardinals
Best Bet On #1 Overall Pick: Bears
Best Bet On #32 Overall Pick: Bills
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Kress

Post by Kress »

The Bills are the sexy pick, but the Browns could be downright nasty. Plus, I want it just for the media hysteria.

I also think the Jags will make some noise. I'm being serious.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Just my IMO, the Broncos are better than you think. Above KC
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

MJW wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:56 am Superbowl, Maybe: Bills, Patriots, Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers, Bucs, 49ers, Rams

Blah: Dolphins, Steelers, Colts, Titans, Jaguars, Raiders, Lions, Vikings, Panthers

That’s bold.

They have not had first-overall pick since ever?

I don’t remember
MJW

Post by MJW »

Phantom wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:47 pm
MJW wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:56 am Superbowl, Maybe: Bills, Patriots, Chargers, Chiefs, Broncos, Packers, Bucs, 49ers, Rams

That’s bold.

They have not had first-overall pick since ever?

I don’t remember
I can't recall, at least not in the modern era.

I like Matt Eberflus. But look what they're working against here:

They're trying to turn a big, slow, 2 gapping 3-4 into a fast, athletic, sideline to sideline 4-3, without spending any money or using any high draft picks. I'm not 100% sure I've heard of 3 of their projected starting defensive linemen or 2 of their projected starting linebackers. It's Robert Quinn, Roquan Smith, and a bunch of backups.

They traded away their best player (Mack) for a 2nd Round Pick.

They lost Allen Robinson for nothing and replaced him with two journeymen and a 27 year old rookie. They have 1 starting caliber NFL receiver right now. I actually really like Cole Kmet but I don't think he's Travis Kelce.

Their line is...okay? Maybe? Larry Borom and Lucas Patrick are starting. Riley Rieff, the definition of a C- left tackle, is that guy. They might gel into a not-horrible group, they're not good enough to elevate a bad skill position group.

They don't have an impact running back.

They're likely to have at least 2 rookies starting in the secondary.

Even their special teams aren't special.

And, of course, Justin Fields. He might be very, very good. But he's in a perfect position to fail here. We could be looking at one of those "career derailed by a bad organization" scenarios.

When you throw in that I expect the NFC North to be a bit better - Lions are on the upswing, Vikings moved on from Mike Zimmer, Packers are still going to win 10+ games...it's tough for me to see this Bears team winning 4 games.
Let's roll another joint
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Patriots are not SB contenders. They have Patricia (ok DC, failed HC) as the unnamed OC (no experience) trying to run a Shannahan/McVay OZB scheme because the one they ran for 20 yrs is too complicated. QB coach - Joe Judge. At best they back into the playoffs and get blown out again.
MJW

Post by MJW »

AJPG wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:21 pm Patriots are not SB contenders. They have Patricia (ok DC, failed HC) as the unnamed OC (no experience) trying to run a Shannahan/McVay OZB scheme because the one they ran for 20 yrs is too complicated. QB coach - Joe Judge. At best they back into the playoffs and get blown out again.
They have the greatest head coach in NFL history, a defense that gave up the fewest PPG in the league last year, and the best rookie QB in the league last year entering Year Two with upgraded weapons.

Yes, they're Superbowl contenders.

In the meantime, you should probably reach out to Belichick. You clearly know things about his assistant coaches he doesn't.
Let's roll another joint
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

MJW wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:46 pm
AJPG wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:21 pm Patriots are not SB contenders. They have Patricia (ok DC, failed HC) as the unnamed OC (no experience) trying to run a Shannahan/McVay OZB scheme because the one they ran for 20 yrs is too complicated. QB coach - Joe Judge. At best they back into the playoffs and get blown out again.
They have the greatest head coach in NFL history, a defense that gave up the fewest PPG in the league last year, and the best rookie QB in the league last year entering Year Two with upgraded weapons.

In the meantime, you should probably reach out to Belichick. You clearly know things about his assistant coaches he doesn't.
Greatest HC that's never won a division w/o a QB named Brady.
That would be the Bills (fewest ppg).
Comparing what Pats did this offseason w/ other AFC contenders, not even close.

Not contenders. Not even Pats fans believe that.

I know what everyone knows, Patricia & Judge don't have OC/QB coaching experience. It's not a secret.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I love this. Say what you will about the owners and the NFL, they have a primo product out right now. The AFC West is a clear example of that. It's wide open. The whole league is.

The Bears with the #1 would have to mean Fields is a total failure right? I mean they are competing with some pretty bad teams for the top pick.

I honestly think half the league can compete for a chip. It's not like before where the margin of error was so small. The talent right now is insane. Look at the Bengals, forced their way into a Superbowl on sheer talent and a shit OL. Do you think if Trey Lance hits he can't take Jimmy G's team back? Even the Dolphins could surprise you if McDaniels does cute 49er shit there. Watson with that OL? Goodness. And yes the Chargers.

If anything I think it's easier to call the #1 pick than the SB winner right now. My pick? The Seahawks.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Doctor wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:12 pm The Seahawks.
That's a damned good prediction.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Rocker wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:49 pm
Doctor wrote: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:12 pm The Seahawks.
That's a damned good prediction.
All predictions are good. Until they aren’t.
Don't tread on me
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Atlanta for first pick wouldn't be a stretch either
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Aug 01, 2022 11:48 am @Sdbucs You think the Chargers will go from 3rd in their division and out of the playoffs to divisional winners? With Patrick Mahomes and Russell Wilson there?

LMAO!
Chargers have a better roster than the Broncos. While Russ is a great player, Herbert is showing the the world he can compete too.

I watched most chargers games last season and their biggest weakness was their front 7, which has been very much addressed this offseason. Bosa and Mack is nuts.

And Mahomes was propped up by Tyreek Hill. We’re about to see him crash back down to earth

Chargers Broncos Chiefs Raiders in that order this season

One of the strongest divisions in football right now
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Odd take..."Mahomes was propped up by Hill"...Let's see how that plays out. Mahomes threw less picks when Hill was out and has a 108 QB rating when Hill isn't on the field.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:04 pm Odd take..."Mahomes was propped up by Hill"...Let's see how that plays out. Mahomes threw less picks when Hill was out and has a 108 QB rating when Hill isn't on the field.

Yet to be seen whether 2022 Chiefs can match 2020 Chiefs.
MJW

Post by MJW »

AJPG wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:10 am
MJW wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 11:46 pm

I know what everyone knows, Patricia & Judge don't have OC/QB coaching experience. It's not a secret.
Dude went 11-5 with a bad Cleveland team, once upon a time, with Vinny Testeverde. They won a playoff game too.
In 2008, he went 11-5 with 7th round pick Matt Cassell at quarterback.
In 2020, he won 7 games with arguably the worst veteran starting quarterback in the league.
Last year, with a rookie, he went 10-7.

We're also apparently going to ignore that Bill Parcells immediately forgot how to coach when Belichick was no longer running his defenses.

It's a casual's point.

You're right. The Bills allowed 0.8 PPG less than the Pats last year. They were only the SECOND best scoring defense in the league. Well done.

"What they did in the offseason?" LOL. What Belichick did in the offseason is what Belichick has been doing in the offseason for 20 years. He added players at a value who fit what he wants to do. I know they don't have the highest Madden ratings. Again, I'm talking to a casual.

But again, it's nice to know there are fans out there who know Belichick's coaches better than he does. You should probably let him know about Patricia and Judge before it's too late.

Yes, they're a contender. Loaded defense. Probably the most underrated 1-2 punch at running back in the league right now. They never have a bad offensive line. Mac Jones about to make the leap. If they were in the NFC, they'd be within spitting difference of being the favorites. In the AFC they're absolutely favorites to make the playoffs and they're good enough to beat anyone there.
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:28 pm
AJPG wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 12:10 am

Dude went 11-5 with a bad Cleveland team, once upon a time, with Vinny Testeverde. They won a playoff game too.
In 2008, he went 11-5 with 7th round pick Matt Cassell at quarterback.
In 2020, he won 7 games with arguably the worst veteran starting quarterback in the league.
Last year, with a rookie, he went 10-7.

We're also apparently going to ignore that Bill Parcells immediately forgot how to coach when Belichick was no longer running his defenses.

It's a casual's point.

You're right. The Bills allowed 0.8 PPG less than the Pats last year. They were only the SECOND best scoring defense in the league. Well done.

"What they did in the offseason?" LOL. What Belichick did in the offseason is what Belichick has been doing in the offseason for 20 years. He added players at a value who fit what he wants to do. I know they don't have the highest Madden ratings. Again, I'm talking to a casual.

But again, it's nice to know there are fans out there who know Belichick's coaches better than he does. You should probably let him know about Patricia and Judge before it's too late.

Yes, they're a contender. Loaded defense. Probably the most underrated 1-2 punch at running back in the league right now. They never have a bad offensive line. Mac Jones about to make the leap. If they were in the NFC, they'd be within spitting difference of being the favorites. In the AFC they're absolutely favorites to make the playoffs and they're good enough to beat anyone there.

Considering all we went thru with injuries on defense we were only 9 TD's or so from the #1 scoring defense.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 11:04 pm Odd take..."Mahomes was propped up by Hill"...Let's see how that plays out. Mahomes threw less picks when Hill was out and has a 108 QB rating when Hill isn't on the field.
I mean do you think that team is even competitive vs us without Tyreek? We lost to them in the regular season because we simply couldn't cover Hill. That's really all they had on us. And that's true for most teams. Hill is such an X factor that teams had to completely game plan around him, NOT Mahomes. In fact, Kelce was a massive beneficiary of Tyreek as well and will not see the production that he had with him around. The Chiefs used Tyreek's skillset to perfection and it really opened things up for Mahomes and Kelce.

Lets see how Mahomes looks without him. I think he takes a few steps backwards. He's not a BAD QB, but he's not "next GOAT", top 5, or any of those things without Hill.