Chris Godwin: Out for the season

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
AJPG

Re: Chris Godwin: Out for the season

Post by AJPG »

I thought this thread was about Chris Godwin. So much drama in these threads make them useless.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Thanks for the Wendy's Triple Stack of not comprehending the words in front of your face. Can I make it a combo with my "voice of reason" act and save $1.09?

The officiating crew of last night's game is statistically one of the lowest flag throwers on the year. IIRC before last night's game they threw the fourth lowest amount of penalties amongst all crews. Now; with that information, and with a bit of extrapolation, do you still not understand that there's a reasonable viewpoint of the hit to Godwin being worthy of penalization?
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

AJPG wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:04 pm I thought this thread was about Chris Godwin. So much drama in these threads make them useless.
Welcome to forum based discussions, where the points are made up and the threads dont matter.

uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:14 pm do you still not understand that there's a reasonable viewpoint of the hit to Godwin being worthy of penalization?
No.

I don't even think 13F11B thinks it should be worthy of penalization, because it was a perfectly legal hit per the rule book.

There's merit in discussing whether that should be illegal, but then we go down the path of...what will be legal anymore?

The only issue I have is fans applying ill intent/bad motivations to these things. The Saints and many NFL fans did it for White against Winston, some here and others outside are doing it here.

There's not enough there to make an accusation that it was absolutely dirty and the hit was well within the current NFL rules, so it does become a frustrating discussion.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:14 pm Thanks for the Wendy's Triple Stack of not comprehending the words in front of your face. Can I make it a combo with my "voice of reason" act and save $1.09?

The officiating crew of last night's game is statistically one of the lowest flag throwers on the year. IIRC before last night's game they threw the fourth lowest amount of penalties amongst all crews. Now; with that information, and with a bit of extrapolation, do you still not understand that there's a reasonable viewpoint of the hit to Godwin being worthy of penalization?
You're doing a ton of projecting here with very little evidence to back up your ridiculous claims.

Now the discussion is the officiating crew calling a low number of penalties? You're trying hard man. Too hard. Plus, unless it's on a QB, no officiating crew calls penalties on low tackles. If they did, AWJ and Jordan Whitehead would be among the highest penalized players in football.

Your "extrapolation" here is based on a position that doesn't exist. Refs don't flag low tackles. And you're actually changing the argument 13F11B made. He never even said it was a penalty worthy play.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:17 pm
Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:14 pm do you still not understand that there's a reasonable viewpoint of the hit to Godwin being worthy of penalization?
No.

I don't even think 13F11B thinks it should be worthy of penalization, because it was a perfectly legal hit per the rule book.

There's merit in discussing whether that should be illegal, but then we go down the path of...what will be legal anymore?

The only issue I have is fans applying ill intent to these things. The Saints and many NFL fans did it for White against Winston, some here and others outside are doing it here.

There's not enough there to know it was dirty and the hit was well within the current NFL rules, so it does become a frustrating discussion.
You are correct. Based on current rules for tackling a wide receiver that hit is not illegal. I think the NFL will be taking a look at that in the near future though. At the same time, I understand some people lamenting that there is not a place to tackle remaining. However, that is not true. It might make it more difficult but that is not the point. I think hitting a receiver around the knee area will become like going low on a QB in the future. It could also become more like defenders taking offensive lineman out around the knees too. I think there are rules about that kinda thing too.

I made a claim that it looked like the player was aiming for the knee. Not that he had ill intent. I have no way of knowing that.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

No.

The only issue I have is fans applying ill intent/bad motivations to these things. The Saints and many NFL fans did it for White against Winston, some here and others outside are doing it here.

There's not enough there to make an accusation that it was absolutely dirty and the hit was well within the current NFL rules, so it does become a frustrating discussion.
Look, I agree with most that, per the rulebook, it wasn't a dirty play. In fact I support that position. On the other hand, given the history of the team, and with stills/slo-mo replays that appear it could have been targeting, I can understand the thought process that would lead some people to conclude that was a hit with malicious intent.

I'm not arguing the play. Unfortunate outcome for our guy. I'm arguing that Bootz is being a fucknugget in his conversations regarding said play.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:24 pm

No.

The only issue I have is fans applying ill intent to these things. The Saints and many NFL fans did it for White against Winston, some here and others outside are doing it here.

There's not enough there to know it was dirty and the hit was well within the current NFL rules, so it does become a frustrating discussion.
You are correct. Based on current rules for tackling a wide receiver that hit is not illegal. I think the NFL will be taking a look at that in the near future though. At the same time, I understand some people lamenting that there is not a place to tackle remaining. However, that is not true. It might make it more difficult but that is not the point. I think hitting a receiver around the knee area will become like going low on a QB in the future. It could also become more like defenders taking offensive lineman out around the knees too. I think there are rules about that kinda thing too.

I made a claim that it looked like the player was aiming for the knee. Not that he had ill intent. I have no way of knowing that.
NOW you've made a solid, rational point even if I do disagree with a great deal of it. You start changing the rules on what a tackle is and making the strike zone even smaller, kiss football good bye. It'll be laundry day in every stadium. Offenses already have an advantage. Now you'd be giving them an even bigger advantage.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:20 pm
Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:14 pm Thanks for the Wendy's Triple Stack of not comprehending the words in front of your face. Can I make it a combo with my "voice of reason" act and save $1.09?

You're doing a ton of projecting here with very little evidence to back up your ridiculous claims.

Now the discussion is the officiating crew calling a low number of penalties? You're trying hard man. Too hard. Plus, unless it's on a QB, no officiating crew calls penalties on low tackles. If they did, AWJ and Jordan Whitehead would be among the highest penalized players in football.

Your "extrapolation" here is based on a position that doesn't exist. Refs don't flag low tackles. And you're actually changing the argument 13F11B made. He never even said it was a penalty worthy play.

Holy shit. After all these years, it finally makes sense. You don't know to have a conversation, you just argue.

Wow.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:25 pm

No.

Look, I agree with most that, per the rulebook, it wasn't a dirty play. In fact I support that position. On the other hand, given the history of the team, and with stills/slo-mo replays that appear it could have been targeting, I can understand the thought process that would lead some people to conclude that was a hit with malicious intent.
So you think it's a reasonable stance that White may have intended to injure Jameis?

I argued with Saints fans the same thing I've said here. Plays like that occur in football, it's fanatical and emotional to attempt to assign malice to it. That play occurs so many times per weekend, it's basically how AWJ tries to tackle everyone. It doesn't end like that, so it's not broken down and paused and narratives aren't created and assigned.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:30 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:20 pm

Holy shit. After all these years, it finally makes sense. You don't know to have a conversation, you just argue.

Wow.
You say that because you can't have a conversation here without coming at me and I'm clearly in your head. You even admitted to usc back there that your point was to come at me, despite the fact that you're trying to defend a point you don't even agree with.

Save yourself the trouble find someone else to molest.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

To me, aiming low isn't as dirty as these tackles where defenders grab a player and drag their body weight underneath a player. Devin White & LVD do that often and have injured multiple players doing so. It's a dangerous tactic.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

OMG y’all lol you all know bootzit is NEVER going to concede a point regardless of how proven wrong he is- so please just stop feeding this narcissistic rants

I said what I said

MJW

Post by MJW »

The hit on Godwin was legal.

The takedown on Jameis was legal.

On the first point, the league is so obsessed with head injuries because of bad press and Will Smith movies that this shit is going to happen. Defenders go low, knees get blown out. But at least Peter King isn't horrified at all the concussions!

On the second point, drag-down tackles are always going to be part of the game. I'm not sure what can be done about it besides yet another flag on defenders for playing defense.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Man this really sucks. But don't people are being too glum imo.

Last year we were the best team, we were pretty darn healthy especially when Vea returned. We should've won. We did win. This year we're not that.

Doesn't mean we still can't win again. We still have our front 7. We have Brady. AB was playing great earlier and his return helps a lot. Tyler won't replace Godwin like that but he's his own good player and we have done chemistry building games ahead before playoffs.

As for Godwin this sucks. I still think we bring him back, I honestly think JL was going to find a way to get it done anyway. They love him too much.
Nano

Post by Nano »

I don't think we can afford to bring him back. A team like Jacksonville will make him the annual "highest payed at position". Especially if Brady and his group leave, why would he want to come back.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Nano wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:42 am I don't think we can afford to bring him back. A team like Jacksonville will make him the annual "highest payed at position". Especially if Brady and his group leave, why would he want to come back.
You could be right, but I'm hoping that with the huge cap bump and the high probability he wants to stay, we'll work it out. CD gets the tag, Godwin gets the payday, and we figure out the rest as we go.

Of course, if we're offering market or high market and Jacksonville or Detroit comes in with 6-120 or something, it is what it is.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:47 am
Nano wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:42 am I don't think we can afford to bring him back. A team like Jacksonville will make him the annual "highest payed at position". Especially if Brady and his group leave, why would he want to come back.
You could be right, but I'm hoping that with the huge cap bump and the high probability he wants to stay, we'll work it out. CD gets the tag, Godwin gets the payday, and we figure out the rest as we go.

Of course, if we're offering market or high market and Jacksonville or Detroit comes in with 6-120 or something, it is what it is.
Cap has been set at $208.2 mil, which was the absolute highest it was projected to rise.

I think we can sign Godwin and we should. But it'll mean someone else leaves. Remember, you and I had this discussion a couple of months ago and you were on the other side of the table. I knew it was only a matter of time before people appreciated his value.

Godwin is and always has been priority #1 for me. No question about it.
accidentw8ing2happen

Post by accidentw8ing2happen »

Last time Godwin was injured at the end of the season Perriman stepped up. He could be a huge contributor. 3 games left in the season. His final 3 games that season were pretty good. Probably wishful thinking however.
5 rec. 113 yds 3 TDs
7 rec. 102 yds 0 TDs
5 rec 134 yds 1 TD
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 12:09 am The hit on Godwin was legal.

The takedown on Jameis was legal.

On the first point, the league is so obsessed with head injuries because of bad press and Will Smith movies that this shit is going to happen. Defenders go low, knees get blown out. But at least Peter King isn't horrified at all the concussions!

On the second point, drag-down tackles are always going to be part of the game. I'm not sure what can be done about it besides yet another flag on defenders for playing defense.

Whole lot of knees can be taken out with legal hits. Scott Brantley hits are still possible. When you take over ninety percent of your body weight down to knee level and launch good things arent going to happen.

Won't argue anymore with Tampa's 12th man
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

I'm not sure why Bucs fans are jumping on hand grenades for the Saints who were literally guilty of a bounty program. The head coach who allowed that atmosphere and culture to exist is still there.

That hit was dirty plain and simple. There's a whole strike zone between launching yourself directly at someone's knee like that piece of shit Saints player did.

Fuck the Saints and everything they stand for.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:31 pm
Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:25 pm

So you think it's a reasonable stance that White may have intended to injure Jameis?

I argued with Saints fans the same thing I've said here. Plays like that occur in football, it's fanatical and emotional to attempt to assign malice to it. That play occurs so many times per weekend, it's basically how AWJ tries to tackle everyone. It doesn't end like that, so it's not broken down and paused and narratives aren't created and assigned.
Two completely different types of play. On the Jameis play, the injury occurred away from the primary point of contact. On the Godwin injury, directly at the point of contact. Neither was a dirty play. One was illegal per the rule, was flagged, the other wasn’t.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:25 pm I'm not arguing the play. Unfortunate outcome for our guy. I'm arguing that Bootz is being a fucknugget in his conversations regarding said play.
I am confident Bootz is a fucknugget daily.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:41 am
Rocker wrote: Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:25 pm I'm not arguing the play. Unfortunate outcome for our guy. I'm arguing that Bootz is being a fucknugget in his conversations regarding said play.
I am confident I'm in your head. As evidenced by you continuing to bring my name up despite saying "you're done" here and the messages you sent in my DMs.

You're new here so I'll give you 1 chance to walk away. Keep fucking with me though, we can go to war. Ask everybody, they know. Choice is yours.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Good Lord, people. If that same hit happens a fraction of a second earlier, or a fraction of a second later, there is no problem. The injury was the unfortunate result of the fact that Godwin had a fully-extended leg, in front of himself, with his cleats just planting in the ground.

His knee was not so much hit as it was that his knee stopped moving forward while the the rest of his body kept going forward, yet physics kept his foot from swinging back on a fulcrum to eliminate the pressure.
BLT

Post by BLT »

So you’re saying the saints player timed it perfectly
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

BLT wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:42 am So you’re saying the saints player timed it perfectly
I think Chris Godwin is a pretty tough player to bring down and he was focused on bringing him down anyway he could.

Not dirty, per-say. It’s unfortunate. No one called Devin dirty for taking out Winston.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Look bottom line...

It was a legal hit.

Was it dirty? Absolutely.

While Godwin was on the ground the player was celebrating by making a motion like he was targeting with a bow and arrow.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:52 am I am confident I'm in your head. As evidenced by you continuing to bring my name up despite saying "you're done" here and the messages you sent in my DMs.

You're new here so I'll give you 1 chance to walk away. Keep fucking with me though, we can go to war. Ask everybody, they know. Choice is yours.
Not sure which of these I should go with.

or

Just to be clear you are Johnny Ringo in the clip above.

Let me think about it for a while.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:52 am
13F11B wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:41 am

I am confident I'm in your head. As evidenced by you continuing to bring my name up despite saying "you're done" here and the messages you sent in my DMs.

You are like that sibling that keeps threatening his older brother and gets repetitively beaten only to say he won as he runs away.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

BJJ34 wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:01 am
BLT wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 9:42 am So you’re saying the saints player timed it perfectly
I think Chris Godwin is a pretty tough player to bring down and he was focused on bringing him down anyway he could.

Not dirty, per-say. It’s unfortunate. No one called Devin dirty for taking out Winston.

He didnt take out Winston, White went one way and Winston went the other way - Winston lost.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:11 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:52 am

You are like that sibling that keeps threatening his older brother and gets repetitively beaten only to say he won as he runs away.
Oh really? That's how it is? Tell me more, Digital_Dumbass.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

A ton of people did nationally and especially Saints fans.

Neither were, but fans will be fans.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:31 am

To be honest there is no way to know if the hit was dirty. For me to know it was dirty requires knowing that the intent was to hurt someone and there is almost no way to know that.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

13F11B wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:33 am
uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Dec 21, 2021 10:31 am

To be honest there is no way to know if the hit was dirty. For me to know it was dirty requires knowing that the intent was to hurt someone and there is almost no way to know that.
Hopefully then that puts an end to your bitching and whining about it. Sucks you left Rocker out to dry. He went out on a limb for you to try to get one over on me and you pulled the rug from underneath him.