Rapid Reactions: Bucs vs Dolphins

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
MJW

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs vs Dolphins

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:52 am
Buc2 wrote: Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:44 am

Iirc, Jensen wasn't viewed very favorably by many in here his first couple of years with the team either. Then along comes Brady and everything changed. Now his looked upon favorably by most of the fanbase.
Jensen wasn't viewed favorably by many here in March before re re-signed him. Most were more than happy to let him walk BECAUSE we had drafted Hainsey.
You're leaving out a part - we would have been able to keep Cappa if we'd let Jensen walk. That was always a zero sum game. One of them was coming back, one was not. Cappa was significantly younger and still improving, and re-signing him meant we likely got to go in another direction with the 2nd round pick.

Of course, there are two provisos here: One, maybe Hainsey looked so awful that the Bucs didn't consider that an option. Two, maybe we use that 2nd round pick on a center instead, which leaves us in the same spot. We'll never know.

Knowing we could have walked away from the first two rounds with Christian Watson and Travis Jones vexed me. We'll have to wait and see if I'm right or wrong.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."