Walk the Plank- Jets

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

Walk the Plank- Jets

Post by Defense5599 »

It would be easy to give this to Antonio Brown, but him leaving might've lit a fire under the team's asses.

My Walk The Plank goes to Bruce Arians. This team played for three quarters like it woke up at 11 and was like, "Do we have a game today?"

Honorable Mention to DC Todd Bowles who let a rookie QB protected by two rookies on the O-Line have his way with them.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Buc2

Re: Walk the Plank- Jets

Post by Buc2 »

:|
Don't tread on me
accidentw8ing2happen

Post by accidentw8ing2happen »

Devin White 2 total tackles. Mike Evans had 1 tackle. Sterling Hofrichter had 1 tackle as well. I don't know how many snaps he took but I thought that he played most of the game.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Linebackers were running through syrup all game.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

accidentw8ing2happen wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:56 pm Devin White 2 total tackles. Mike Evans had 1 tackle. Sterling Hofrichter had 1 tackle as well. I don't know how many snaps he took but I thought that he played most of the game.
When teams are able to get to the edge on run D like Jets were able to, it wouldn't be surprising that our ILBs won't rack up tackles. Teams won't run up the middle because of Vea/Suh/DW/LVD when he's in there. But if they get to the edge, they'll have more success with JTS and the secondary.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I am going to give the Walk the Plank award to @King Bootz. Despite what happened on the field he had to be a contrarian dick in the conversation about Antonio Brown. He just had to be the center of attention again.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:16 pm
accidentw8ing2happen wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:56 pm Devin White 2 total tackles. Mike Evans had 1 tackle. Sterling Hofrichter had 1 tackle as well. I don't know how many snaps he took but I thought that he played most of the game.
When teams are able to get to the edge on run D like Jets were able to, it wouldn't be surprising that our ILBs won't rack up tackles. Teams won't run up the middle because of Vea/Suh/DW/LVD when he's in there. But if they get to the edge, they'll have more success with JTS and the secondary.
I get what you're saying but his best asset is his speed... Speed to go sideline to sideline and make those tackles

Not expecting him to be there to make all of them but I would think he should get there for more than two considering all of the times they did run to the edges
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:09 pm

I get what you're saying but his best asset is his speed... Speed to go sideline to sideline and make those tackles

Not expecting him to be there to make all of them but I would think he should get there for more than two considering all of the times they did run to the edges
Probably so. It definitely wasn't his best game. But the Jets had a clear game plan to run away from him. They used a lot of misdirection, sweeps, etc to get him confused.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Minter - just a back-up but slow as mud and always exposed when manned up on a RB.

Oline - Other than the first drive and last drive of the game they were undisciplined and inconsistent. Two personal fouls plus a couple other infractions IIRC while letting the Jets 4 man rush harass Brady too much. Didn't open up many holes either.

Run defense - Specifically the EDGE defenders. Again these are back-ups, but a shitty job setting the edge vs the run.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:47 pm It would be easy to give this to Antonio Brown, but him leaving might've lit a fire under the team's asses.

My Walk The Plank goes to Bruce Arians. This team played for three quarters like it woke up at 11 and was like, "Do we have a game today?"

Honorable Mention to DC Todd Bowles who let a rookie QB protected by two rookies on the O-Line have his way with them.
Antonio Brown actually did walk the plank, and was summarily left in the ocean to drown in an ocean of disdainful laughter by football fans everywhere.

He's so far ahead of everyone else on this disgraceful day, it's not even a contest.

He's so far out you should name the plank the "Antonio Brown shirtless walk" plank.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Minter or our very special special teams linebackers don't have the speed.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

White, Jenson, Minter, JTS
MJW

Post by MJW »

Kevin Minter. We don't need a Game Winning Drive if LVD is in, killing those Jets/Berrios perimeter plays. They totally exploited Minter.

I would be 100% fine with giving KJ Britt a look this week. He's basically Minter when Minter was younger.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:27 pm

That's why they are special teams. If you're not good enough to start, being good on special teams is the way to make it as a backup in The League. The longer you play, the more money you make.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Defense5599 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:06 am
mdb1958 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 7:27 pm

That's why they are special teams. If you're not good enough to start, being good on special teams is the way to make it as a backup in The League. The longer you play, the more money you make.
I would think an endearing quality for special teams would be speed. Especially if you devout a whole draft to it.
Doooshnzl

Post by Doooshnzl »

13F11B wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:49 pm I am going to give the Walk the Plank award to @King Bootz. Despite what happened on the field he had to be a contrarian dick in the conversation about Antonio Brown. He just had to be the center of attention again.
Again or still? Not much attention whore in this guy…..
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:20 am
Defense5599 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:06 am

I would think an endearing quality for special teams would be speed. Especially if you devout a whole draft to it.
You don't necessarily need speed on the lines on punt teams.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Defense5599 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 10:25 am
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:20 am

You don't necessarily need speed on the lines on punt teams.
Devote - I spelled it wrong.