Tom Brady - Three Hall Of Fame Careers?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
MJW

Tom Brady - Three Hall Of Fame Careers?

Post by MJW »

Stick with me on this:

If Tom Brady had retired after his 2008 injury, when we missed basically the entire season, he would have been in the Hall Of Fame.

87-24 as a starter
3 Superbowl Wins
197 TDs, 76 INTs

If Tom Brady's entire career had been between 2009-2019, between when he returned from his injury and from when he left New England, he would have been in the Hall of Fame JUST for that period.

132-40 as a starter
3 Superbowl Wins
344 TDs, 93 INTs

Now, with Tampa Bay, the current count is
13-5 as a Starter
1 Superbowl Win
49 TDs, 14 INTs

One more Superbowl and 3-4 more highly productive seasons, dude is probably a HOF QB *Just as a Buccaneers.*

We do not talk about the greatness of TB12 enough.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Snake

Re: Tom Brady - Three Hall Of Fame Careers?

Post by Snake »

21 other players on the field are involved in an athletic endeavor while Tom Brady is playing a game. He’s said similar things. The NFL has never been faster, bigger, stronger. And he’s the 44 year old who ran a 5.28 second 40…21 years ago. It doesn’t matter because the extent of his physical demands amount to punishment taking (which he mitigates heavily), walking the pocket (which he’s the best at), and throwing the ball.

Genetics matter, training and lifestyle matters, but so does mental toughness. As we know, he’s unflappable. It’s not like he doesn’t get hurt. He played all last season with a torn up knee. He just doesn’t care.

I could go on and on. Brady is incredible and I hope he plays until he’s 50.
Roach On My Pizza

Post by Roach On My Pizza »

Believe all those numbers are minus playoff action. Crazy that it's nearly an addition 3 full seasons @ 45 games

edit* Also minus a career of td's via qb sneaks. Prob an additional 30 or so
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Nick Wright makes a similar argument argument using Brady’s age.

You can break Brady’s career down to The Aikman Phase, Marino Phase & Montana Phase. He has combined all of their careers into one. It’s honestly absurd.
E1D6AD9A-3906-43B0-9B02-F8A9EF0B7FF7.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Primeminister wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:19 am Nick Wright makes a similar argument argument using Brady’s age.

You can break Brady’s career down to The Aikman Phase, Marino Phase & Montana Phase. He has combined all of their careers into one. It’s honestly absurd.

Isn’t Nick Wright notoriously Anti-Brady iirc?
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

BJJ34 wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:46 am
Primeminister wrote: Thu Sep 23, 2021 8:19 am Nick Wright makes a similar argument argument using Brady’s age.

Isn’t Nick Wright notoriously Anti-Brady iirc?
Yep. He is a Brady hater, but reluctantly admits Brady is the GOAT.

AJPG

Post by AJPG »

I think the only media puke that doesn't recognize Tom as the GOAT is Rob Parker. He calls him the LOAT (luckiest oat).
images.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

AJPG wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:37 pm I think the only media puke that doesn't recognize Tom as the GOAT is Rob Parker. He calls him the LOAT (luckiest oat).

images.jpg
Rob Parker has embarrassed himself shamelessly for over a decade when it comes to Brady.

Snake

Post by Snake »

Never forget.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

I watched that video about RG3, waiting for the part about Tom Brady....
Snake

Post by Snake »

Just more evidence that Rob Parker is a POS.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Point taken
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

And yet another award for Mr. Brady. Add his 2nd SI SOTY award.

2021 Sportsperson of the Year: Tom Brady
The quarterback earns this honor for the second time, 16 years after the first, for a year defined by victory in Super Bowl LV and—in the midst of an MVP-caliber encore—victory over time itself.

Here was his first SOTY in 2005...

Don't tread on me
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I thought he was being subpar this year? I guess par would have been Time Magazine's Person of the Year.
Snake

Post by Snake »

The amazing thing is how little room he left for anyone else to take his title of GOAT.

- he has all the raw longevity numbers.
- he has winning more than anyone. He has won in multiple places. he was the first one and possibly the last one to win a Super Bowl at home if we’re talking about probability. He’s so far ahead in this regard that it is very very unlikely that anybody reaches this in the next 50 years.
- he has the peak. The 50 touchdown season. The undefeated regular season.
- he’s faced injury adversity and came back without a hitch
- he faced professional controversy and performed even better than before.
- He defeated the supposed heir to the throne in the Super Bowl. This one is especially important because Patrick Mahomes has been labeled the most talented quarterback ever. The new prototype. If he beats Tom, the narrative becomes “yeah he won way less Super Bowls but he sure looked better the one time he did it. And it was against Tom!”……didn’t actually happen though.
- as of now, he just never got old. You can argue he’s gotten better with age. In a sport dominated by arguably the most genetically freaky people on the planet. He’s a 45 year old slow white guy who transcended the game
- he never embarrassed himself like Aaron Rodgers. Any narrative about Tom Brady being selfish is pretty much nonexistent other than getting Jimmy traded. Knowledge of which seems limited to people who post on football forums aka 0.0001% of football fans.

If the Bucs face BB and the Pats in the SB and Tom wins SBMVP, just rename the hall of fame after him.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

If his records do prove to be unbreakable, with 25 more years or so of pass-happy modern era football to produce potential rivals, then put a marble statue of him in the open space outside the Hall's front doors. For now, I'll enjoy him in the here and now.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

AJPG wrote: Sat Sep 25, 2021 12:37 pm I think the only media puke that doesn't recognize Tom as the GOAT is Rob Parker. He calls him the LOAT (luckiest oat).

images.jpg
Is this the guy Cheap Seats was supposed to be made about in the intro? Or is that Ron Parker?

Btw underrated fucking show.