Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 11 (On Tuesday)

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 11 (On Tuesday)

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Happy Thanksgiving week everyone. Maybe you give thanks to the first 3rd down stop the Bucs defense made in like a quarter and a half to limit the Giants to three points or maybe you give thanks to the writers of Xena: Warrior Princess for finally granting the wishes of the fans and having Xena and Gabrielle kiss. Whatever it is, celebrate it with loved ones, enjoy some football, eat hearty, and don’t fret as the Bucs appeared to get back on track with a comfortable win.

1.) OJ Howard setting the tone two weeks in a row. This time in the Likes column.
2.) Publix announces Monday they are limiting quantities on toilet paper and the Giants put on a huge shit show proving once again how difficult it is to win on the road in the NFL.
3.) The only thing that would have put an exclamation point on Mike Edwards’ pick was if Marvel had a Ballhawk instead of a Hawkeye to open the game.
4.) As if on cue the Bucs had to tinker with the offensive line for the first time this season, but Carson Tinker was inactive. Luckily, Stinnie was excellent.
5.) Defense can’t hit a sliding quarterback, but said sliding quarterback can karate kick the defense in the ankle.
6.) JPP and his Xenomorph teeth were getting a lot of love by the announcers, but the entire defensive line contributed. I could probably have a Like for every one of them. Nacho was mauling like he was Ryan Jensen. Cam Gill surprised everyone that he was still on the team. Steve McClendon has better hands than Perriman.
7.) Mike Evans saves his touchdown ball and says he did so to give it to the Bucs organization. Bucs then announce the ball will replace the Jon Gruden statue at One Buc Place. Makes sense because it will appear like Mike Alstott is yelling at it.

Dislikes:
1.) Antonio Brown taking his time coming back from injury with zero worry another receiver will take his job.
2.) Darden, please reach out to Tim Brown. Your fair catching needs to work.

Random:
1.) The Madden ’22 commercial of Madden Land features no Turducken legs. Missed opportunity.
2.) ESPN throws up that at 3-6 this is the best start to the season that the Giants have had since 2016. As a Bucs fan we’ve had some pretty consecutively bad seasons. I know there’s no room to talk, but 3-6 is a compliment? That’s how bad the Giants have been.
3.) Somehow Mike Glennon gets balder every year.
4.) The first quarter went by so fast that Richard Sherman had to be declared out an extra game.

When was the last time we had a two-game lead in the division? Have we ever? If so, I’d imagine it was 2002. Point being, we’re in a position we haven’t had the luxury of being in before. The driver’s seat. No need to hope for this or hope for that. Just sit back and watch other teams fail trying to catch us. I could get used to that.
Xandtar

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 11 (On Tuesday)

Post by Xandtar »

This game was worth waiting all weekend for. If the D could play like this every week, we could run the table.

Probably won't happen, but I'll enjoy tonight.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Mike Glennon. Good enough genetics to stick in the NFL but bad enough genetics to look like Mike Glennon.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Terry Tate wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:06 am Mike Glennon. Good enough genetics to stick in the NFL but bad enough genetics to look like Mike Glennon.
That's why he's a career backup. Why the Bears signed him for starter's money then butchered their draft to get Mitch Trubisky is beyond me.
Xandtar wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 1:04 am This game was worth waiting all weekend for. If the D could play like this every week, we could run the table.

Probably won't happen, but I'll enjoy tonight.
We very well could. The only loseable games I see are the Colts next week and the Saints two weeks after that. I would put the Bills in that category as well, but they are reeling now and it's a home game for Tampa.
Last edited by Defense5599 on Tue Nov 23, 2021 9:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Ahhhh, always nice to read these after a Win. Overall, it was a solid game by the Bucs. All 3 phases showed up.

Dislikes - I want to Meet The Parents of the child who wore a Sheep's outfit to the game in hopes it would look like a GOAT. That poor kid was looking everywhere for candy and even Mike Evans wouldn't give him a treat.
nybf

Post by nybf »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:57 am
5.) Defense can’t hit a sliding quarterback, but said sliding quarterback can karate kick the defense in the ankle.
The slide had me dying. If this was the other football, Brady would have had a red card pulled before he came to a stop.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

nybf wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:20 am
IchabodCrane84 wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 12:57 am
The slide had me dying. If this was the other football, Brady would have had a red card pulled before he came to a stop.
Nice "drop the mike" moment! Brady looks like a kid out there.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

I'm surprised they didn't flag Brady for taunting after that slide. lol
Don't tread on me
Kress

Post by Kress »

Brady does not commit penalties. It's in the rules.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Kress wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:23 am Brady does not commit penalties. It's in the rules.
Maybe the officials were so surprised he could run that far that they forgot to throw a flag.

Or, even more likely, they were so surprised he could run that far that they didn't dare ruin the moment.
Don't tread on me
Kress

Post by Kress »

I'm telling you, Rule 12-12-12: "Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr., does not commit penalties."

Look it up.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Wed Nov 24, 2021 10:35 am I'm telling you, Rule 12-12-12: "Thomas Edward Patrick Brady, Jr., does not commit penalties."

Look it up.
We hear you, Skip.