Rapid Reactions: Bucs vs Dolphins

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Primeminister

Rapid Reactions: Bucs vs Dolphins

Post by Primeminister »

Trask is the truth. @The Outsider

We are in good hands with Hainsey.

Hopefully the defense is better next week.
Nano

Re: Rapid Reactions: Bucs vs Dolphins

Post by Nano »

That kick probably ended any fear that Succop had about his job.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Nano wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:45 pm That kick probably ended any fear that Succop had about his job.
Yep. Joey B would have to kick an amazing game next week to win this now, but it’s probably over. Unless Succup shits the bed as well.
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Do we feel better about Trask than the Packers do about Love?
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

With the exception of McCollum, I liked what I saw out of all the pups, especially the TEs in protection. Sterns makes damn near any other NFL team roster, which shows the absurdity of richness we have at the position. That LB out of Rutgers showed out, look forward to seeing more of him.

O'Connor and Nelson.

Johnson.

White.

Trask.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Kress wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:59 pm He will come out in preseason, when defenses are playing the most vanilla stuff ever, and light it up. Then the board will go crazy. I can't wait.
Didn’t even take all preseason. Post aged perfectly.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

_MB_ wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:02 pm Do we feel better about Trask than the Packers do about Love?
No. Love has no competition for the backup job while has been in an intense battle with the great Blaine Gabbert.
MJW

Post by MJW »

White is the future. He's gonna get big reps this year. By next year, it'll be 1A and 1B.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Caradoc

Post by Caradoc »

Trask looked very good. Things will be interesting if/when we see him play with 1's against 1's - things will be happening a lot faster then. But I'm not going to knock his performance. The INT was a fluke and the strip sack happens. Decisions were solid.

White looks really good too. Blocking was often bad but he'd still find a way to get yards, if that is consistent he's going to get a lot of snaps.

People are overreacting on the kick. Succop is generally accurate but his leg sucks and it ain't gonna get stronger. One kick by the kid isn't going to make that change, and it's not like it was a "pressure kick" and he choked under the pressure.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

MJW wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:24 pm White is the future. He's gonna get big reps this year. By next year, it'll be 1A and 1B.
I want to see White more next week, but I can see White being 1B this year. Vaughn played very well so maybe he will have something to say about that.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:14 pm
Kress wrote: Mon Aug 08, 2022 4:59 pm He will come out in preseason, when defenses are playing the most vanilla stuff ever, and light it up. Then the board will go crazy. I can't wait.
Didn’t even take all preseason. Post aged perfectly.
Trask did what we needed to see him do. I saw enough that I’d prefer to see him start next week just to see if he can repeat this performance against better competition.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

If intentional hyperbole during a boring preseason is going insane then call me Charles Manson.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:21 pm
_MB_ wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:02 pm Do we feel better about Trask than the Packers do about Love?
No. Love has no competition for the backup job while has been in an intense battle with the great Blaine Gabbert.
A second year project QB in "an intense battle" with a 12 year veteran is actually a very good thing.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

MJW wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:24 pm White is the future. He's gonna get big reps this year. By next year, it'll be 1A and 1B.
I tell my kids at work that slow is smooth and smooth is fast; and I think that actually works at defining his running style. It's no secret that that I'm high on the guy. Tonight's work makes me optimistic.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

It was a crazy amount of playing time for the depth of our entire team - very few did not play.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

DT Mike Green had a good game I would say.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

I loved what I saw from Geiger- he was fast and was able to break free. I want to see more of him.
I said what I said

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Babeinbucland wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:43 am I loved what I saw from Geiger- he was fast and was able to break free. I want to see more of him.
No clue who this is
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

Google him I dare you. Anyway Kyle trask will be selling automobiles in the Bay Area for DECADES to come
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Real zoomed out thoughts after watching just condensed version:

* Hainsey looked balanced, relatively technically sound, good footwork in Zone. Seemed like we ran more Zone than Duo so that was interesting (maybe because the sense is that Hainesy is a quicker but less stout player…which also showed up on a few reps in Pass Pro). Communication among iOL had some struggles.

* Lefty’s play calling was excellent and that offense is looking increasingly less Arians and increasingly more diverse in the run game and hybrid in the passing game.

* From Stinnie on down, Guard play was not good. Anchor was bad in Quick Sets against Bull Rushes and not consistent work in the run game. And this was against mostly Miami 2s and 3s. Not great.

* WRs had a day from route running to easy receiving of the football to RAC to blocking in the run game. This is going to be an extremely difficult cut.

* Young TEs both showed up. Good reps blocking and for Cotton in the passing game.

* Some solid play in the front 7 on defense and a really great pass rush reps for depth Edge; Speed to Power > convert for Gill and Slap Outside Arm > Dip > convert for Nelson. Good to see.

* Really really too bad that Borregsles absolutely shanked that last FG after ripping the first one post-TO. The difference between that make vs that absolutely slicing shank could have been the difference between him locking in the kicking job.
Last edited by Nobody on Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

My reaction is... Doink!
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Rocker wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:09 pm With the exception of McCollum, I liked what I saw out of all the pups, especially the TEs in protection. Sterns makes damn near any other NFL team roster, which shows the absurdity of richness we have at the position. That LB out of Rutgers showed out, look forward to seeing more of him.

O'Connor and Nelson.

Johnson.

White.

Trask.

In regards to McCollum - Rashard Robinson was the veteran presence in the backfield, but yeah, he still got burned.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Really wanted Borregales to make that kick. Could have won the job if he nails it. It would be nice to have that extra range, but Succop's consistency is likely to win out now.

Bowles challenging that sideline non-INT. I hope it's not a sign of things to come with his in game management. That was a silly challenge.

You can see why Olakunle Fatukasi was a Butkus Award Finalist. That dude was everywhere.

Tyler Johnson making his case. Jaelon Darden making his as well. Sterns. Geiger. So. Many. Receivers.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

That challenge was the penultimate preseason challenge. Literally doesn't matter.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Must fix: 5 of our 11 possessions started less than the 25 yard line.

Net punting avg was 37.8.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 9:18 am That challenge was the penultimate preseason challenge. Literally doesn't matter.
Fair enough. Seems like poor process to me though to practice bad habits like that. The offense could have used that timeout to run another play to get closer for the game winning kick instead of being forced to spike the ball.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Trask showed what any realist would hope for, progression reads, good check downs, good accuracy, overall a “B” performance. A couple of questionable/bad decisions, yes, but progress to be sure. I guess “you” will have to wait another week to kill him.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Only got to watch end of third quarter to end of game....

Thought Trask looked ok
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

I watched the last 20 minutes of game time or so and the highlights.

I liked Trask's play, especially towards the end of the game. Tyler Johnson did well, and White looks like he can contribute as a rookie in the backfield. The tight ends from what I saw put in good work. The backup middle linebacker Olakunle Fatukasi looked really good. The pass rush made some noise.

Overall, a good game by our backups and a solid chance to evaluate those backups with gamefilm. I'd call it a successful game.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

acmillis wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:33 am Trask showed what any realist would hope for, progression reads, good check downs, good accuracy, overall a “B” performance. A couple of questionable/bad decisions, yes, but progress to be sure. I guess “you” will have to wait another week to kill him.
Couple big time throws/completions to extend that last drive too.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

acmillis wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 10:33 am Trask showed what any realist would hope for, progression reads, good check downs, good accuracy, overall a “B” performance. A couple of questionable/bad decisions, yes, but progress to be sure. I guess “you” will have to wait another week to kill him.
Didn’t see the game but this was my expectation for Trask.

Saw a couple White highlights and he looks good. He should beat out Vaughn for sure.

I’d almost anticipate we run some two back sets like Brady had for a bit in NE
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Primeminister wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:48 pm
Nano wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 10:45 pm That kick probably ended any fear that Succop had about his job.
Yep. Joey B would have to kick an amazing game next week to win this now, but it’s probably over. Unless Succup shits the bed as well.
TV guys said Succup was going to kick next week in the battle for the job and that Succup had been having a great camp.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

White looks extremely easy catching the ball. He has to already be #2.

Trask made some throws but I don't like his flat footed style.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Grahamburn wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 11:32 am
Couple big time throws/completions to extend that last drive too.
More than anything else this is what impressed me. Trask started off well, but had a horrific 2 minutes. The way he bounced back from that to make those big time throws in the 4th was impressive. With under 2 minutes to go he converted both a 3rd & 8 and 4th & 12. The pass on 3rd & 8 was fit into a low mailbox.
Caradoc

Post by Caradoc »

His "horrific two minutes" consisted of an absolute fluke INT that wasn't remotely on him and a strip sack when the entire OL got beat like a cheap drum. He had an excellent outing. He'll come back to earth soon enough, we don't need to pretend now that there was something horrible.