R.I.P. Dwayne Haskins

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

R.I.P. Dwayne Haskins

Post by Defense5599 »

The 24 year old former NFL starting QB was killed after being hit by a car this morning in South Florida. Another young life gone too soon. Damn.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Heidguy

Re: R.I.P. Dwayne Haskins

Post by Heidguy »

Damn shame, RIP Dwayne!
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Really sad.

Haskins was crossing Interstate 595, when he was struck by a dump truck.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/nfl-playe ... itter_abcn
Last edited by Crocaneers on Sat Apr 09, 2022 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Brutal way to go.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Damn, he was fun to watch when he played for Ohio State RiP
Nano

Post by Nano »

Such a shame. He was still young and seemed like a good dude.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

A damned shame to lose one's life so young.

RIP
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Crocaneers wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 1:55 pm Really sad.

Haskins was crossing Interstate 595, when he was struck by a dump truck.

https://abcnews.go.com/Sports/nfl-playe ... itter_abcn
Wow that's just horrible.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

RIP. What a shame.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Gil Brandt just made some comments...woof...I think Gil Brandt's public career just came to an end.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

MJW wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 3:20 pm Gil Brandt just made some comments...woof...I think Gil Brandt's public career just came to an end.
Yeah .. He's trying to walk it back, but it's not working

Schefter calling Haskins troubled NFL career was pretty shitty to.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Brandt would be easy to get rid of because he's already got 2 feet in the grave and is old as shit.

Schefter I would think is more secure but idk. He has had a pretty rough time as of late with his tweets and now some pretty big names are calling him out when they previously wouldn't have.

We'll see.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Yeah the way the media has covered this has been ridiculous. I swear man, the simulation is degrading. Shit is getting too wild.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Why was he trying to cross a 10 lane highway?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

mdb1958 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:04 pm Why was he trying to cross a 10 lane highway?
I don't think he was trying to cross the highway, as for why he was stopped I'm hearing he ran out of gas on the way to the airport but as always with these things details are usually pretty fluid at first so I tend to take everything with a grain of salt.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:32 pm Brandt would be easy to get rid of because he's already got 2 feet in the grave and is old as shit.

Schefter I would think is more secure but idk. He has had a pretty rough time as of late with his tweets and now some pretty big names are calling him out when they previously wouldn't have.

We'll see.

Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

For those who didn’t hear what Gil Brandt said here you are. Gil is a racist old man who didn’t like how Haskins lived. It’s fucking disgusting.

Nano

Post by Nano »

King Bootz wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 6:32 pm Brandt would be easy to get rid of because he's already got 2 feet in the grave and is old as shit.

We'll see.
Schefter has had a really rough year when it comes to his journalism. From the Aaron Rodgers stories to the "Mr.Editor" leak, the DeShawn Watson truth statement, and now this. Hell even the Brady leak when it became obvious that Brady wanted to be the one to announce it. He's the biggest news breaker in the NFL, but he's also becoming one of the more shitty ones.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Primeminister wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 8:39 pm For those who didn’t hear what Gil Brandt said here you are. Gil is a racist old man who didn’t like how Haskins lived. It’s fucking disgusting.

Brandt was probably referring to the fact that Haskins supposedly was milking an injury in Washington in 2020 and then he was photographed partying in the DC area without a mask on (Washington cut him after that incident).

Still, that was a really lousy thing to say and I hope he's relieved of his duties as a result. There are certain lines you don't cross in this business and he not only crossed one, he leaped over it by a mile.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

Don't take this the wrong way, but when I hear a young person trying to cross the highway early in the morning, my first question is, "was alcohol involved?"

I don't know much about the situation or anything, may the young man RIP. It's tragic he died.
MJW

Post by MJW »

We'll see.
Brandt should - and will be - retired. There's a larger conversation about his life and legacy, but we can save it.

Schefter? I think his tweet is getting way overblown. When Hillary Clinton dies, every three paragraph story about her will have to mention that she was *almost* (read: failed) President. The intent won't be the undermine what else she did. It's just a well-known and important part of the context of his life. Was in necessary while the body was still warm? No. Was it malicious? That's a big stretch for me.
Let's roll another joint
nybf

Post by nybf »

MJW wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:16 am When Hillary Clinton dies, every three paragraph story about her will have to
The difference is one is a three paragraph story talking about a person who just died, the other is a < 280 character announcement that someone just passed.
MJW

Post by MJW »

nybf wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:39 am
MJW wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:16 am When Hillary Clinton dies, every three paragraph story about her will have to
The difference is one is a three paragraph story talking about a person who just died, the other is a < 280 character announcement that someone just passed.
Yeah, I get it. It was a clumsy and unnecessary inclusion in the tweet. It just doesn't remotely rise to the level of pitchforks for me.
Let's roll another joint
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I mean to be fair someone at the bar had said "Haskins? Who's that?" Shefter's tweet is a pretty succinct description and I would probably reply with something similar.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Crocaneers wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 7:27 pm

We'll see.

Shameless media plug by Bryant trying to stay relevant.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

MJW wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:55 am
nybf wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:39 am

Yeah, I get it. It was a clumsy and unnecessary inclusion in the tweet. It just doesn't remotely rise to the level of pitchforks for me.
I actually agree with you about Schefter’s tweet. It was unnecessary to mention his career struggles, but it’s not pitch forks level. Gil Brandt said something I find repulsive. There as no reason to make those comments and he should get retired completely.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Primeminister wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:56 am
MJW wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:55 am

I actually agree with you about Schefter’s tweet. It was unnecessary to mention his career struggles, but it’s not pitch forks level. Gil Brandt said something I find repulsive. There as no reason to make those comments and he should get retired completely.
That tweet on its own isn't. But it's the latest in a long line of missteps by him. Each seems to get worse. At some point he's going to say/do something that will outweigh his influence.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

nybf wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:03 pm
Primeminister wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 11:56 am

That tweet on its own isn't. But it's the latest in a long line of missteps by him. Each seems to get worse. At some point he's going to say/do something that will outweigh his influence.
I was wondering last night when Schefty started misspeaking and when the crowd first turned on him a bit. I think it’s gotten to the point where his audience is on edge where they never were before.