Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 14

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 14

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

This game was supposed to be close, and then it wasn’t supposed to be close, but then it was close. This being a Bucs fan thing has not been kind to my nerves. However, in the end the Bills were a frozen windshield that someone threw warm water on. They cracked, and our beloved team got a win against a great opponent, which means we’ll probably get our ass kicked next week.

1.) Tom Brady runs like a ’57 Chevy. You don’t see them often, but when you do, it’s a thing of beauty.
2.) I didn’t know Devin White had a horse named Josh Allen, but it was fun to see him take him for a ride around RayJay.
3.) Take us to the playoffs, Lenny!
4.) You know who’s underappreciated? The Invisible Man. I’m not sure why he needs a uniform or why for the last 35 years he’s chosen the Bucs #74 jersey to be it, but I for one am very thankful he’s here… I think he’s here.
5.) Richman Sherman. Not for his interception, or for his play really. I’m just impressed he made it through warmups.
6.) And to think I was pissed at the start of the game that Breshard Perriman was active, but Scotty Miller wasn’t.
6b.) Not the first time we've seen BP spill into the open.
7.) Defense was getting after it in the first half. That team sack was amazing. Gonna be hard for the statisticians to divide it up eight ways.
8.) With Ryan Smith gone, I’m naming Pat O’Connor our best special teamer.

Dislikes:
1.) Carlton Davis has zero problem holding onto a defender on one play, but can’t seem to hold onto the quarterback when racing in on a cornerback blitz on the next.
2.) Really cool to see us get the win on the forty-fourth anniversary of our first win. Next week’s even more important. It’s the forty-fourth anniversary of the last time we won a coin toss.
3.) Odd week in football watching so many teams blow a big lead, but still pull it out in the end.

Random:
1.) Daddy Cool Arians wears sunglasses at night.
2.) I have to admit something. I have no idea what unabated means, nor have I ever heard it used outside the football field.

Those pesky Saints come to town next week for a Sunday night showdown. Another running quarterback, so that should be annoying. It’ll be a chance to lock up the division though, and that’s huge. Hasn’t happened since 2007 and as painful as this season has seemed, we’ve only lost three times while playing a half of football every week. See ya then.
King Bootz

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 14

Post by King Bootz »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:41 am 2.) I have to admit something. I have no idea what unabated means, nor have I ever heard it used outside the football field.
:lol: :lol: :lol: Totally true lol. Great write up.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:41 am 2.) I didn’t know Devin White had a horse named Josh Allen, but it was fun to see him take him for a ride around RayJay.
Impressed with Josh Allen for that effort alone. Devin is a lot of extra weight to carry around, but he managed it for at least three steps. Had others not come up to push them over, I'm not sure if he wouldn't have carried him off.
Push the damned button already!
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

IronDog wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:21 am
IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:41 am 2.) I didn’t know Devin White had a horse named Josh Allen, but it was fun to see him take him for a ride around RayJay.
Impressed with Josh Allen for that effort alone. Devin is a lot of extra weight to carry around, but he managed it for at least three steps. Had others not come up to push them over, I'm not sure if he wouldn't have carried him off.
Even more impressive was the fact that Allen was hurt
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

There was a Pull Out joke there written, Ich, I’m mad you didn’t finish. Things Phillip Rivers wife has never said…

And on the CD3 holding stuff… it was pretty clear to me that Diggs was pushing off prior to the hold. That he held on to the slight push to keep distance and the ref just didnt throw because of that.

No talks of Arians tearing his Achilles? No talks of Winfield being called a poor tackle by Bootz, but came up big on tackles all day.

Romo looking for every reason to hate Tom, as well. You could hear it in his voice that he’s tired of gushing over everything he does well. It’s probably annoying to Romo.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:53 am
Romo looking for every reason to hate Tom, as well. You could hear it in his voice that he’s tired of gushing over everything he does well. It’s probably annoying to Romo.
This your high take?

Romo LOVES Brady and loves gushing over him. He's said this in the past and many outside of Tampa hate when he calls our games because of it.

Also, Winfield has been pretty bad at tackling this season.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:56 am
This your high take?

Romo LOVES Brady and loves gushing over him. He's said this in the past and many outside of Tampa hate when he calls our games because of it.

Maybe I just sensed something different over one soundbite. He sounded annoyed at how good Brady was during the second quarter, to me.

I wasn’t fully paying attention to the game yesterday as I had some things going on, but from what I watched… Winfield was pretty sure on his tackles. He has missed some throughout the year, but he played stout yesterday.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:00 am

I wasn’t fully paying attention to the game yesterday as I had some things going on, but from what I watched… Winfield was pretty sure on his tackles. He has missed some throughout the year, but he played stout yesterday.
Winfield did make some good tackles yesterday, but the discussion in the game thread was about Winfield struggling wrapping up, which he showed on 2 sideline tackles yesterday. He just dives with his shoulder and has not fared well doing so this season.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:56 am
This your high take?

This. All of this. No one came away from that broadcast thinking Romo tried to look for a reason hate Brady. I even commented during the game that he was slobbering him to the extreme and seemed to look for every reason to love on him.

And yes, Winfield has struggled with his tackling this season but he played much better yesterday after the 2 early whiffs.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:04 am
BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:00 am

Winfield did make some good tackles yesterday, but the discussion in the game thread was about Winfield struggling wrapping up, which he showed on 2 sideline tackles yesterday. He just dives with his shoulder and has not fared well doing so this season.
He’s trying to cause mass impact with the shoulder instead of wrapping up… which probably comes from playing beside Whitehead who literally just throws himself at people.

Winfield has to be on his game for us to win in the playoffs, let’s not kid ourselves.
Kress

Post by Kress »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:41 am 6.) And to think I was pissed at the start of the game that Breshard Perriman was active, but Scotty Miller wasn’t.

Didn't you do an analysis one week where your entire section of likes were Perrimans?
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Thanks for another entertaining write up. I guess I could make this simple, I liked the first half, I didn't like the second half. You're the movie buff, I'm sure there's a movie analogy there for a movie that has a great beginning, terrible for the next 1 1/2 hours, but has a surprising finish. My best shot is Avengers End Game.

Huge Dislike - The stadium was 50/50 Bucs and Bills fans. And when the game got close, they were loud. I'm in section 316, Row Z, so not high priced seats. A Bills fan next to me stated they paid $300 a ticket. If you're a season ticket holder for the Bucs and you want to sell your tickets, I understand you have the right to sell them to whomever you want to. For me personally, I sell the games I cannot attend to friends who are Bucs fans- face value. It would be nice if you're going to sell your tickets, maybe "try" to sell them to a Bucs fan, even for a little less. There's absolutely no excuse for that stadium to have had that many Bills fans (I'm from FL, I get the people have moved here from everywhere thing), but they aren't season ticket holders. We've sold out, so they are getting these tickets from Bucs fans. I just had to vent, thanks Ich for the forum.....
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Kress wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:10 am
IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 7:41 am 6.) And to think I was pissed at the start of the game that Breshard Perriman was active, but Scotty Miller wasn’t.

Didn't you do an analysis one week where your entire section of likes were Perrimans?
I did. It was a running theme too. If I remember correctly it started off as Dislikes because he tackled Godwin at the one by running into him. Then he dropped or batted balls for interceptions. That could be a fun revisit.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Buccabeer wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:39 am We've sold out, so they are getting these tickets from Bucs fans.
They're getting their tickets from season ticket holders. I have no doubt plenty of Bucs fans sold off their seats to the highest bidder. Tampa is a terrible sports town. But there are plenty of season tickets that were bought not by fans, but solely to make money on.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:53 am There was a Pull Out joke there written, Ich, I’m mad you didn’t finish. Things Phillip Rivers wife has never said…

And on the CD3 holding stuff… it was pretty clear to me that Diggs was pushing off prior to the hold. That he held on to the slight push to keep distance and the ref just didnt throw because of that.

No talks of Arians tearing his Achilles? No talks of Winfield being called a poor tackle by Bootz, but came up big on tackles all day.

Feel free to add your own. Dad was over for the game and he decided to stay for SNF so there wasn't an opportunity to run through everything with a fine toothed comb.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

nybf wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:00 am
Buccabeer wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:39 am We've sold out, so they are getting these tickets from Bucs fans.
They're getting their tickets from season ticket holders. I have no doubt plenty of Bucs fans sold off their seats to the highest bidder. Tampa is a terrible sports town. But there are plenty of season tickets that were bought not by fans, but solely to make money on.
That's assuming the Bills guys don't just have their own season tickets, we have lots of migrant residents who came down from that area.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Terry Tate wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:19 am

That's assuming the Bills guys don't just have their own season tickets, we have lots of migrant residents who came down from that area.
And never left.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Bills Fans buying Bucs season tickets?? I cannot imagine dropping say $2000 on season tickets without being a fan. I didn't think about the aspect of "Non-Fans" buying season tickets to make money. That's a risky play though.....It is what it is, just really frustrating. There's always been more visiting teams fans than you'd like for our Home Games, but this seemed unusually unbalanced.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Kress

Post by Kress »

It seems like "unimpeded" would be more accurate.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Kress wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:08 pm It seems like "unimpeded" would be more accurate.
The lawyer knows best.
accidentw8ing2happen

Post by accidentw8ing2happen »

Kress wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 12:08 pm It seems like "unimpeded" would be more accurate.

Unabated takes into account intensity and unimpeded doesn't.
Kress

Post by Kress »

accidentw8ing2happen wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 2:24 pm

Unabated takes into account intensity and unimpeded doesn't.

So if the guy runs straight at the QB, with no blockers moving in front of him, but he lets up a bit before smashing the guy, it wasn't unabated?
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

Buccabeer wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:39 am Thanks for another entertaining write up. I guess I could make this simple, I liked the first half, I didn't like the second half. You're the movie buff, I'm sure there's a movie analogy there for a movie that has a great beginning, terrible for the next 1 1/2 hours, but has a surprising finish. My best shot is Avengers End Game.

Huge Dislike - The stadium was 50/50 Bucs and Bills fans. And when the game got close, they were loud. I'm in section 316, Row Z, so not high priced seats. A Bills fan next to me stated they paid $300 a ticket. If you're a season ticket holder for the Bucs and you want to sell your tickets, I understand you have the right to sell them to whomever you want to. For me personally, I sell the games I cannot attend to friends who are Bucs fans- face value. It would be nice if you're going to sell your tickets, maybe "try" to sell them to a Bucs fan, even for a little less. There's absolutely no excuse for that stadium to have had that many Bills fans (I'm from FL, I get the people have moved here from everywhere thing), but they aren't season ticket holders. We've sold out, so they are getting these tickets from Bucs fans. I just had to vent, thanks Ich for the forum.....
I was in section 151, I'd hate to know how much those guys paid for those seats if the upper deck was going for $300 a pop
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

One of your best yet for sure
I said what I said

acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Buccabeer wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:31 am

Bills Fans buying Bucs season tickets?? I cannot imagine dropping say $2000 on season tickets without being a fan. I didn't think about the aspect of "Non-Fans" buying season tickets to make money. That's a risky play though.....It is what it is, just really frustrating. There's always been more visiting teams fans than you'd like for our Home Games, but this seemed unusually unbalanced.
My seats are in 330 on the aisle. I post my tickets for sale for sky high prices. If I get a buyer, great, if I don't, I go to the games. I personally don't care what team the buyer of my tickets roots for, I'm in it to either; A) Enjoy the games live, in-person, B) Make a ton of money; in that order.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:07 am
Buccabeer wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:31 am

My seats are in 330 on the aisle. I post my tickets for sale for sky high prices. If I get a buyer, great, if I don't, I go to the games. I personally don't care what team the buyer of my tickets roots for, I'm in it to either; A) Enjoy the games live, in-person, B) Make a ton of money; in that order.
Like I said before, you own the tickets, you have the right, it's just the difference between a Bucs Fan and a Ticketholder in my opinion.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Buccabeer wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:01 am

Like I said before, you own the tickets, you have the right, it's just the difference between a Bucs Fan and a Ticketholder in my opinion.
So, if acmillis sells some of his game tickets, he's not a Bucs fan? :lol:
Don't tread on me
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Guess I've just been a "Ticketholder" and not a "Bucs Fan" since 2006. Man, I was really hoping for the message board approval.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:05 am

You can sell your game tickets and still be a Bucs Fan. My feelings on it are if all you care about is selling to the highest bidder without caring if you're partially assisting the Away Team in taking away the home field advantage from your Team, then I'd say your not a fan. You may still like the team, you may be a follower, but not a fan (short for fanatic which would imply you don't like your team's opponent).

Listen, I'm usually very mild on this Board, my life is not dependent on whether someone agrees or disagrees with whatever I type. In addition, Ichs posts are always meant for fun, so I apologize for detracting from the original post. If you were at the game, you know how frustrating it was to hear that many opposing fans in your Home Stadium. That's all....
Kress

Post by Kress »

Buccabeer wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:16 am If you were at the game, you know how frustrating it was to hear that many opposing fans in your Home Stadium. That's all....

Watching it on TV was no better. When the Bills were trying to get stops at the end of the game, and again in OT, the camera kept zooming in on groups of front-row Bills fans screaming their heads off and pounding on the wall. It made me want to hit a baby with a puppy.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Buccabeer wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:16 am
Buc2 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:05 am

You can sell your game tickets and still be a Bucs Fan. My feelings on it are if all you care about is selling to the highest bidder without caring if you're partially assisting the Away Team in taking away the home field advantage from your Team, then I'd say your not a fan. You may still like the team, you may be a follower, but not a fan (short for fanatic which would imply you don't like your team's opponent).

Listen, I'm usually very mild on this Board, my life is not dependent on whether someone agrees or disagrees with whatever I type. In addition, Ichs posts are always meant for fun, so I apologize for detracting from the original post. If you were at the game, you know how frustrating it was to hear that many opposing fans in your Home Stadium. That's all....
It is frustrating, but it is what it is. Bucs fans have been the same way on the road this year. I was at the Washington game and we were pretty damned loud.
Don't tread on me
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:25 am
Buccabeer wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:16 am

It is frustrating, but it is what it is. Bucs fans have been the same way on the road this year. I was at the Washington game and we were pretty damned loud.
I think (I KNOW for me) there are other factors. I live 2.5 hours south of RJS, so it's a full day commitment, not just 4-5 hours. I think if you spend more time traveling than you do at the game, you may think differently. Also, my son who I take to the games is 7, so leaving RJS at roughly 8:00-8:30 means he's not in bed until at least 11:00 with school the next morning...Tickets for sale here!!!
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:26 pm
Buc2 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:25 am
I think (I KNOW for me) there are other factors. I live 2.5 hours south of RJS, so it's a full day commitment, not just 4-5 hours. I think if you spend more time traveling than you do at the game, you may think differently. Also, my son who I take to the games is 7, so leaving RJS at roughly 8:00-8:30 means he's not in bed until at least 11:00 with school the next morning...Tickets for sale here!!!
I get it, I live in Ft Myers, I wasn't home until after 11 PM. I guess if I could have a perfect world I would say guys like you and I who cannot go to every game for the reason you mentioned would sell the tickets to Bucs Fans - if you can. Right now I think you can. There was a day you'd sell them to whomever would give you face value.....
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Buccabeer wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:05 pm
acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:26 pm

I get it, I live in Ft Myers, I wasn't home until after 11 PM. I guess if I could have a perfect world I would say guys like you and I who cannot go to every game for the reason you mentioned would sell the tickets to Bucs Fans - if you can. Right now I think you can. There was a day you'd sell them to whomever would give you face value.....
Just to be sure I’m understanding correctly, if I’m a real fan, I should sell my tickets for $45 each to a Bucs fan as opposed to $250 each (I got for my Bills tickets) so that my favorite team can feel some type of home field advantage?
Yeah, I’m good with disappointing those guys