Is the unthinkable/inevitable happening?

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

Is the unthinkable/inevitable happening?

Post by Defense5599 »

Do you think father time is finally catching up to Brady? He's been off his game the past two weeks.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
The Outsider

Re: Is the unthinkable/inevitable happening?

Post by The Outsider »

Someone lower the requirement for the downvote feature so we can all downvote this fool for this stupid-ass thread.
McFan

Post by McFan »

I dunno Outsider, I think its a fair question. Granted, Father Time is undefeated. But I'd chalk his question up to not suffering enough at the hands of #12. As a life long JETS fan, I thought TB112 was done about a dozen times or so. Its his typical "mid season malaise". Much like a shark, just when you think its safe to go into the water.... BOOM!

Don't ever write this guy off. When he's through, he'll know and walk away. Until then, just watch....
Last edited by McFan on Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Two games means nothing when you can stack it against 15 years of HOF play. If he struggles for the entirety of this season, we can talk.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Brady hasn't struggled though. Have defenses played him tougher as of late? Absolutely. Has he made some errors along the way? Absolutely. But he's still a highly productive QB. Still making plays. The main issue is that as a team we are not playing complimentary football right now. Injuries play a role and so does the lack of quality execution on the field. Guys aren't playing their best right now. We need to play like a team that expects their opponent to be playing their absolute hardest each week and it's been clear that we aren't up to the task every game. Hopefully that changes sooner rather than later.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

What Bootz said. All of it. I don't see any decline in Brady's play...at least not from the physical side. Its way too premature to start with the "age has finally caught up to him" stuff.
Don't tread on me
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

I'll get worried if Brady looks this bad with a healthy Gronk and AB on the field with him. Between that and our coaching staff operating game day like someone juggling a Rubik's cube while slipping on ice I think that has a lot to do with it.

Remember it wasn't until this time last year we found our stride. These same questions were raised even then. We answered with a Lombardi
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Meh Brady hits Darden right on target and he doesn’t secure the ball, Marpet had an awful game and Brady didn’t give up a 10 min game ending drive .

He missed Evans on the int in NO and either over threw him in this game or Evans was supposed to go more vertical not sure .

Bottom line is this , all 11 on on both sides of the ball are not playing well , only a few of them are . We need all 11 .
Some are just reading too many press clippings .
Dread

Post by Dread »

When Peyton Manning and Drew Brees were at the end of their road we could all notice an obvious decline in arm strength. That is what I look for with Brady when it comes to the subject of his eventual decline.

Brady seems to be moving fine and his throws still have zip, so I don't see a physical decline.

That said, every NFL fan knows the greatness of Tom Brady has never been his physical attributes but rather his decision making, and leadership.

He did play great vs the Saints, but in the 4 games he's played them as a Buc he hasn't had a good game. He wasn't great vs WFT, but that was largely due to him getting hit early in that game and them playing alot 2-high safeties, so he was a quick to take the checkdown (a tad too often that game imo).

That said, if our defense makes a stop we give the ball back Brady and the offense with a chance to win the game.

BA make the remark that our Oline has 2 of it worse games of the season these past 2 weeks, so with a immobile QB like Brady I don't think it's a surprise his 2 worst games have coincided with those Oline performances.

Brady will kill you if given time, the only successful gameplan vs Brady I've seen is playing 7 defenders in coverage and having the Dline/front win the game. If the Bucs 5 Olinemen can consistently protect the 4 rushers and or force them to blitz to create pressure then Brady and the offense will have alot of success.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

@Dread Peyton Manning's final season was hard to watch. Every throw looked like a struggle to him. He had to put a ton of effort in each throw and it showed. His base was off balance and he was highly inaccurate. The result was 9 TDs to 17 INTs in an injury shortened 9 game season. No zip on his passes whatsoever. Most everything was in the dirt or a floating duck. He literally had to put his entire body in every throw.

Brees I don't think was as bad. Sure his arm strength was down a lot but he never lost his accuracy or precision like Peyton did.

We're seeing none of those things with Brady. Arm looks fine. Accuracy is good. I will say he does appear to be processing things a tick slower post snap, but he hasn't appeared to be close to falling off the cliff IMO.
Kress

Post by Kress »

King Bootz wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:22 am We're seeing none of those things with Brady. Arm looks fine. Accuracy is good. I will say he does appear to be processing things a tick slower post snap, but he hasn't appeared to be close to falling off the cliff IMO.
As @Dread mentioned, he's had much more pressure in his face the past couple of games. As much as Brady is the lord of all things quarterback, he has always been a guy you can rattle if you get all up in his business. Washington, in particular, had guys pushing the middle of the pocket back into his workspace all game long. That will hamper any quarterback's real-time "processor." GOAT or no GOAT, it's still just football.

Edit: But as for the OP, no. Just.... no. Take a step back and watch some football. The hell with looking old, he looks borderline MVP worthy out there.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Kress wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:41 am
King Bootz wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:22 am We're seeing none of those things with Brady. Arm looks fine. Accuracy is good. I will say he does appear to be processing things a tick slower post snap, but he hasn't appeared to be close to falling off the cliff IMO.
As @Dread mentioned, he's had much more pressure in his face the past couple of games. As much as Brady is the lord of all things quarterback, he has always been a guy you can rattle if you get all up in his business. Washington, in particular, had guys pushing the middle of the pocket back into his workspace all game long. That will hamper any quarterback's real-time "processor." GOAT or no GOAT, it's still just football.

Edit: But as for the OP, no. Just.... no. Take a step back and watch some football. The hell with looking old, he looks borderline MVP worthy out there.
Literally the formula to beating Brady his entire career. He is susceptible to being thrown off his game by early pressure. Especially up the middle. It's just that either the O-line needs to be playing poorly or the opposing D-line needs to be on top of their game for this to happen because Brady is so quick getting the ball out.
Kress

Post by Kress »

The Outsider wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:27 pm Literally the formula to beating Brady his entire career. He is susceptible to being thrown off his game by early pressure. Especially up the middle. It's just that either the O-line needs to be playing poorly or the opposing D-line needs to be on top of their game for this to happen because Brady is so quick getting the ball out.

It's as simple as the fact that he knows he's not mobile. It's forcing him to do the one thing he does not like to do.

Make me adjust to formations and change on the fly? I can do that, all day long.
Make me read coverages? I can do that, all day long.
Make me fit the ball into tight windows by adjusting velocity and how much air I put under it? I can do that, all day long.
Hell, make me adjust how much air I put in the ball? I can do that, too. :P
Make me move and dodge and spin and slip and slide? I freaking hate that. You just gave me a bad day at work.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Kress wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 4:01 pm
The Outsider wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 2:27 pm Literally the formula to beating Brady his entire career. He is susceptible to being thrown off his game by early pressure. Especially up the middle. It's just that either the O-line needs to be playing poorly or the opposing D-line needs to be on top of their game for this to happen because Brady is so quick getting the ball out.

It's as simple as the fact that he knows he's not mobile. It's forcing him to do the one thing he does not like to do.

Make me adjust to formations and change on the fly? I can do that, all day long.
Make me read coverages? I can do that, all day long.
Make me fit the ball into tight windows by adjusting velocity and how much air I put under it? I can do that, all day long.
Hell, make me adjust how much air I put in the ball? I can do that, too. :P
Make me move and dodge and spin and slip and slide? I freaking hate that. You just gave me a bad day at work.
He's surprised me by how well he moves to his right when he needs to. He's usually money on those throws. But if he gets pressured on his right or up the middle, he's meat.

It's not a coincidence that the IOL got it's ass kicked on Sunday.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Jason Bourne wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:07 am Bottom line is this , all 11 on on both sides of the ball are not playing well , only a few of them are . We need all 11 .
Some are just reading too many press clippings .
You're right about this. They are not respecting their title and think they can sleepwalk through the season. They are going to be in for a rude awakening if they keep it up.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Swashbuckler wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:49 am I'll get worried if Brady looks this bad with a healthy Gronk and AB on the field with him. Between that and our coaching staff operating game day like someone juggling a Rubik's cube while slipping on ice I think that has a lot to do with it.

Remember it wasn't until this time last year we found our stride. These same questions were raised even then. We answered with a Lombardi
That's about the best analogy I have seen for this coaching staff.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

At his age cliffs aren't grateful, they are... well, cliffs. The fact that you are asking shows he's not there yet. Other teams have been playing us better as of late. It happens. The idea is to do our best to get the bye if we can but more importantly get in a rhythm as we enter the playoffs.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Yes. The past two weeks are what regression looks like for Brady.

His days of throwing 4 or 5 TDs a game are over.

We got the last good 25 games out of him that he had left in the tank which netted us a Lombardi. But we made a deal with the devil and now it's time to pay up. We get to watch the GOAT struggle and regress each week while thinking of excuses for his bad performances.

With any luck he retires after this season so his end can be somewhat graceful.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:41 pm Yes. The past two weeks are what regression looks like for Brady.

We got the last good 25 games out of him that he had left in the tank which netted us a Lombardi. But we made a deal with the devil and now it's time to pay up. We get to watch the GOAT struggle and regress each week while thinking of excuses for his bad performances.

I keep forgetting you're still alive.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:59 pm
ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:41 pm Yes. The past two weeks are what regression looks like for Brady.

Most people nowadays love to live in blissful ignorance. This board hates me because I remind them of inconvenient truths.

I'm okay with this arrangement.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Jesus Christ
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

No
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

ATrain wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 8:00 pm

Most people nowadays love to live in blissful ignorance. This board hates me because I remind them of inconvenient truths.

I really appreciated your inconvenient truths last year.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Is this Atrain?
images.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Doooshnzl

Post by Doooshnzl »

Not sure that “this board” hates you. More like extreme dislike methinks. And maybe the fact that you are a lying dog is the reason.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Don't forget "attention whore"
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

How much you wanna bet that he has at least two more games throwing 4 tuddies?
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

You're a troll... plain and simple.
I don't LIKE trolls.

Pete and NYBF made a statement some time ago about "Quantity over quality, amirite?" and I fucking hate to admit that they are dead-on, sometimes.

I'm still wondering what VALUE you bring to this board, and I'll be fucked if I can see any. Good trolls gloat over "personal victories" sure... But most entertaining ones admit when they are wrong. You never have... even when you're dead wrong. You are the very definition of a Fucktangle.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Being a Buc fan and all, I still want a new team scoring record.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Moozician wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:43 pm

I don't LIKE trolls.

Pete and NYBF made a statement some time ago about "Quantity over quality, amirite?" and I fucking hate to admit that they are dead-on, sometimes.

I'm still wondering what VALUE you bring to this board, and I'll be fucked if I can see any. Good trolls gloat over "personal victories" sure... But most entertaining ones admit when they are wrong. You never have... even when you're dead wrong. You are the very definition of a Fucktangle.
He dug too deep into his heel turn. Now instead of being like a Roman Reigns, which he thinks he is, he's much more of a Jinder Mahal. He's very bad at what he does and garners zero respect.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:56 pm
Moozician wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:43 pm

I don't LIKE trolls.

He dug too deep into his heel turn. Now instead of being like a Roman Reigns, which he thinks he is, he's much more of a Jinder Mahal. He's very bad at what he does and garners zero respect.
After going undrafted in the 2007 NFL draft, Anoaʻi was signed by the Minnesota Vikings in May 2007.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

@ATrain Roman Reigns is easily one of the worst main event stars in history. Don't be like "BiG dawwwgggg" bruh you're better than that
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Swashbuckler wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:52 pm @ATrain Roman Reigns is easily one of the worst main event stars in history. Don't be like "BiG dawwwgggg" bruh you're better than that
That's an opinion that falls into the minority category. Right now he is easily WWEs biggest main event star. You can't even name a bigger one right now.

ATrain ain't him. ATrain is Jinder Mahal. Remember when they tried to make him a star but everyone knew it would fail? Yea, that's him.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Swashbuckler wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:52 pm @ATrain Roman Reigns is easily one of the worst main event stars in history. Don't be like "BiG dawwwgggg" bruh you're better than that
I'd like to think I'm the best of NWO and Degeneration X. I'm ok with being the Sean Michaels or Hollywood Hogan of the board.

I enjoy being yelled at by my fans in the audience. Bootz doing his best to get my attention with a sign written by a 7 year old using a felt tip pen, something like "You suck, Nation of Domination Rulz". On the car ride to the show he really thought that sign was going to cut deep. What a rascal.