Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 6 (On Friday)

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
IchabodCrane84

Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 6 (On Friday)

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Nothing screams high profile game like FOX dusting off Mark Sanchez and asking Jay Glazer to commentate on more than just injuries. Even the Bucs didn’t want to be in this game. Dinking and dunking. Disappearing for drives in the second half. Subpar win for a subpar effort. I’ll take it because I know we can clean it up, but dudes… too close.

1.) Everyone’s like Regular Season Lenny, Lincoln Financial Field Lenny, Week 6 Lenny, but how about Long-Term Deal Lenny?
2.) Tom Brady is so good the man gains a yard when he kneels down.
3.) OJ Howard… I got nothin’. Never thought I’d need to write a like joke for him.
4.) Shaq Barrett had a phenomenal game last night, yet often times I felt like he was Scrat the prehistoric squirrel from Ice Age trying to get that elusive nut.
5.) Ryan Jensen protecting his middle-aged quarterback like Manumana the Slender in Necessary Roughness. Fun fact: Tom Brady is older than Scott Bakula in that movie. Bakula was only 37 years old.
6.) Who I’m kidding? Vita Vea is Manumana. Sinbad would definitely be Devin White and that’d make Kathy Ireland… Never mind… Don’t want to get removed from the Ring of Honor.
7.) Our receivers are so good, other teams next year will be signing guys like Justin Watson and Cyril Grayson thinking they scored a great receiver that couldn’t see the field because of the talent we had ahead of them. You know… like us when we signed Beau Allen and Mitch Unrein.

Dislikes:
1.) Solid 2.05 games from Richard Sherman.
2.) You know your secondary is bad when they pick on your best corner.
3.) Joe Tryon-Shoyinka reminds me a lot of Zach Galifianakis. As soon as I learn to pronounce his name he disappears.
4.) I’ve heard of cough drops, but Cock drops?

Random:
1.) The review on the non-interception play lasted longer than five of the Eagles’ drives.
2.) Everyone was talking about Tom Brady’s thumb, but no one brought up the sunscreen arm.
3.) Refs blow… the whistle too early on two of the Bucs’ positive plays.

Alright everyone remember it’s Buc-Fil-A this Sunday, don’t wake up in your Gronk pajamas expecting to get your fix. Bucs aren’t open. You’ll have to settle for lesser football, but hopefully you get your fill. Bear rematch in ten days. Lost a very winnable game last year. Let’s heal up and see if we can get our revenge.
MJW

Re: Ichabod's Monday Analysis: Week 6 (On Friday)

Post by MJW »

Great stuff, as always.

Some points:

1) I really would not like to sink any real cash into a 27 year old running back who'll end the year with over 1,300 touches at this level. I'm fine going year-to-year, provided he keeps his price reasonable. I am very impressed with how much he's grown since he's been here. But his production can be replaced much more easily than some other guys who need deals.

2) Mad props for the Necessary Roughness nod. Presumably, there's a Director's Cut where one gets to see Kathy Ireland in the shower, if that's the sort of thing one is into (hey, I'm straight, not dead.)

3) I like to think of Beau Allen and Mitch Unrein as a deepfake we pulled off so teams wouldn't know we were targeting Vita Vea in the draft (it worked on me!)

4) He's just JTS or "Joe" to me. That's not disrespect. It's being safe. As soon as I learned how to say "Daniel Te'o-Nesheim" he fucking died.

5) Very much looking at using the Sunday "off" to go to the pumpkin patch with the family, with one eye on my fantasy team the whole time. I remember when I was in my first league at 17, having to go to the school library on Monday to borrow the newspaper and add up the scores by hand.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Kona

Post by Kona »

Cock drops got me lol
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

What’s a newspaper?
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

MJW wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:33 am Great stuff, as always.

Some points:

1) I really would not like to sink any real cash into a 27 year old running back who'll end the year with over 1,300 touches at this level. I'm fine going year-to-year, provided he keeps his price reasonable. I am very impressed with how much he's grown since he's been here. But his production can be replaced much more easily than some other guys who need deals.

2) Mad props for the Necessary Roughness nod. Presumably, there's a Director's Cut where one gets to see Kathy Ireland in the shower, if that's the sort of thing one is into (hey, I'm straight, not dead.)

3) I like to think of Beau Allen and Mitch Unrein as a deepfake we pulled off so teams wouldn't know we were targeting Vita Vea in the draft (it worked on me!)

4) He's just JTS or "Joe" to me. That's not disrespect. It's being safe. As soon as I learned how to say "Daniel Te'o-Nesheim" he fucking died.

5) Very much looking at using the Sunday "off" to go to the pumpkin patch with the family, with one eye on my fantasy team the whole time. I remember when I was in my first league at 17, having to go to the school library on Monday to borrow the newspaper and add up the scores by hand.
Thank you!

I remember reading football books as a kid and teenager reviewing every team and their roster. Hell if I can remember the name of the books but they usually had Joe Montana in a 49ers uniform on the cover. Back of the book was dedicated to fantasy football. Had no idea what it was but I read those books front to back, so I was excited to get to the end to read about something called fantasy football! I quickly learned you had to do math and instantly became uninterested. Crazy to think of how it's involved.

...And I'll be looking for that directors cut.
Bahamian:bucfan

Post by Bahamian:bucfan »

MJW wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:33 am

5) I remember when I was in my first league at 17, having to go to the school library on Monday to borrow the newspaper and add up the scores by hand.
Anyone that experienced this is a "seasoned" person! I remember my first introduction to a fantasy league was actually MLB fantasy. This was so much fun and cool to me at the time, This was in about 1996. Man, time has gone by soooooo fast!
Kress

Post by Kress »

Good write-up today, Ich. I realized I rarely comment on these, because I just assume you know by now how much of a staple they are and how much people like them - always my first target on a morning after - but I suppose every now and then I should say so.

So.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Kress wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:07 am Good write-up today, Ich. I realized I rarely comment on these, because I just assume you know by now how much of a staple they are and how much people like them - always my first target on a morning after - but I suppose every now and then I should say so.

So.
It's all good. Appreciate it. Its a fun write up, not much to debate in it.

Maybe I'll try an beore controversial.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:15 am
Kress wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:07 am Good write-up today, Ich. I realized I rarely comment on these, because I just assume you know by now how much of a staple they are and how much people like them - always my first target on a morning after - but I suppose every now and then I should say so.

So.
It's all good. Appreciate it. Its a fun write up, not much to debate in it.

Maybe I'll try an beore controversial.
Naw. I think we all like it just the way it is. Like Kress said, I might not always comment, but I ALWAYS read it and enjoy it.
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

@IchabodCrane84 this one was really good. Loved it.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

On the Tom Brady kneel down…

Pat McAfee’s parlay bet with Fanduel(they hype this so much and have like 40k people a week throw $10 at it) was all sealed other than Tom’s o1.5 rushing yards. They hit on the sneak as he gained 3. Then they lost the bet on the kneeldowns. If the game is truly rigged, the writers are hilarious.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:27 am @IchabodCrane84 this one was really good. Loved it.
Further proof that I'm wittier when I don't drink.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Where money is concerned, I tend to believe that there are no coincidences. The fact that we shit the bed out of nowhere in the 2nd half, then the Eagles go for a random 2pt conversion. Then we choose not to score at the 5 yard line. Vegas just made a killing off us not covering and the way it happened...is...interesting.
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

Great job once again Ichabod! I am another one who reads your analysis every single week, and then doesn't make a comment. I am sure that there are many others.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

An observation that was noted by the game commentators and then again by TBT writer, Joey Knight...
Sign of the apocalypse?

Evidently, a fan base notorious for once booing Santa Clause is going soft. Following his 1-yard scoring run late in the third quarter, Bucs tailback Leonard Fournette tossed the ball into the stands, where it was caught by a fan in an Eagles jersey. At Fournette’s behest, the fan turned around and handed it to a fan in a No. 13 Mike Evans jersey.
They even showed it on the broadcast.

Don't tread on me
nybf

Post by nybf »

During the pregame, they showed 3 young girls (all little kids) holding up a sign saying something like I ❤️ Tom Brady. And while the camera was on them, some Philly asshole tried ripping the sign out of their hands. So no, still a shit hole with bottom of the barrel scumbag fans.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

The Buccaneers keep winning but my memory of Leroy Selmon, Hardy Nickerson, John Lynch, Derrick Brooks, and Warren Sapp makes me feel cheap and dirty about the way the defense is performing.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

ATrain wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 10:40 am Where money is concerned, I tend to believe that there are no coincidences. The fact that we shit the bed out of nowhere in the 2nd half, then the Eagles go for a random 2pt conversion. Then we choose not to score at the 5 yard line. Vegas just made a killing off us not covering and the way it happened...is...interesting.
You mean when we ran out the click because PHI had no timeouts...Tinfoil it up brosef.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Ich, well done as always. I enjoy these threads no matter the day of the week.
MJW

Post by MJW »

13F11B wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:01 pm The Buccaneers keep winning but my memory of Leroy Selmon, Hardy Nickerson, John Lynch, Derrick Brooks, and Warren Sapp makes me feel cheap and dirty about the way the defense is performing.
I mean, you take the '02 team, only Ronde, BK, Dwight Smith, Lynch, and Brooks are out, and we have, let's say, Ryan Nece, Tim Wansley, Corey Ivy, and John Howell all getting 70 snaps...we'd be giving up some plays also.

The fact we're 5-1 with a "4th Preseason Game" secondary is pretty amazing. I believe the injuries will level off by the time it matters.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

MJW wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 5:27 pm
13F11B wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 3:01 pm The Buccaneers keep winning but my memory of Leroy Selmon, Hardy Nickerson, John Lynch, Derrick Brooks, and Warren Sapp makes me feel cheap and dirty about the way the defense is performing.
I mean, you take the '02 team, only Ronde, BK, Dwight Smith, Lynch, and Brooks are out, and we have, let's say, Ryan Nece, Tim Wansley, Corey Ivy, and John Howell all getting 70 snaps...we'd be giving up some plays also.

The fact we're 5-1 with a "4th Preseason Game" secondary is pretty amazing. I believe the injuries will level off by the time it matters.
That was really good perspective. If the 02 team had this rash of defensive injuries we would be blown out because the offense was so putrid. We are serving due to a historic Buccaneers offense and weak schedule. These two things are giving us a the time to get healthy.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Later than usual to the party (stupid work. working stupidly for stupid work is exceptionally stupid) - I had every intention of logging in early to read your post and here I am, right on schedule.

Always appreciated, Ich.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

I feel like I've entered an AA Meeting. My name is BUCCABEER, and I read Ich's post every week and do not comment. As mentioned, it's a staple of my day after Bucs review. Thanks for keeping it going. I'll add a couple of things:

1. Emmy Lenny - I think Ryan Jensen has taught Lenny the art of looking like the victim. Was it a penalty for taunting, Yes. But Lenny, did a good job of making sure that flag came out.

2. The 4th and 2 call almost cost us the game. I get the "stand on their necks" attitude, but I would have preferred that attitude in the play calling ahead of that situation. If they punt there and make them drive the length of the field, there would have been little time left to complete a comeback......but they would have probably thrown a bomb with a PI call and make this whole analysis useless. I strike this from the record.
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Buccabeer wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:26 pm I feel like I've entered an AA Meeting. My name is BUCCABEER, and I read Ich's post every week and do not comment. As mentioned, it's a staple of my day after Bucs review. Thanks for keeping it going. I'll add a couple of things:

1. Emmy Lenny - I think Ryan Jensen has taught Lenny the art of looking like the victim. Was it a penalty for taunting, Yes. But Lenny, did a good job of making sure that flag came out.

2. The 4th and 2 call almost cost us the game. I get the "stand on their necks" attitude, but I would have preferred that attitude in the play calling ahead of that situation. If they punt there and make them drive the length of the field, there would have been little time left to complete a comeback......but they would have probably thrown a bomb with a PI call and make this whole analysis useless. I strike this from the record.
I liked going for the 4th and 2. I even liked the play call. I didn't like Brady's decision. If memory serves Bernard was open.
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

One dislike few if any have mentioned is the fact the Iggles managed to score a 100 yard run game on us. I for one don't think it's a coincidence that this happens when LVD is out.