Official Bucs 2021 NFL Season

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: Official Bucs 2021 NFL Season

Post by King Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:29 am He’s not cutting either one. Guy is being a blowhard and acting like he still has some semblance of control when we know he doesn’t.
Sad to say this is the truth. His quote is resurfacing from when we signed AB of him saying "No 2nd chances" if AB fucks up. This would definitely be strike 3 but we all know Arians isn't going to let him go. So he's trying to deflect as long as possible.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

Well. that #1 seed is within reach now.

GB has two tough games coming up, we just need to not fuck up our creampuff schedule... looking at you Bowles and Lefty.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:19 am Well. that #1 seed is within reach now.

GB has two tough games coming up, we just need to not fuck up our creampuff schedule... looking at you Bowles and Lefty.
It’ll be nice but there is no home-field advantage in the NFL anymore.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Phantom wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:44 am
Digital_Damage wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:19 am Well. that #1 seed is within reach now.

Don't tell the Bucs that, we are a completely different team on our field.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:48 am

Can't be overstated enough. And I think homefield means a lot more this year than last simply because the fans are back. It's made a difference.
Dread

Post by Dread »

For some teams there is. The Bucs being one of them. Both our offense and defense perform MUCH better at RayJay this season. With a smart veteran QB like Brady who has the autonomy at the LoS to change the play based on the defense he sees/anticipates, it's a huge advantage for him when he doesn't have to deal with opposing crowd noise.

But there are teams like the Cardinals who are the opposite. They are undefeated on the road this season and a .500 team at home. But despite that oddity they would still want the #1 seed for the bye week alone.

Playoff atmospheres are also different. Fans are more riled up, home fans are MUCH less likely to sell their tickets like some passholders do for high demand regular season games. Plus the Bucs haven't played a real home playoff game in over a decade.
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:49 am
Grahamburn wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:29 am He’s not cutting either one. Guy is being a blowhard and acting like he still has some semblance of control when we know he doesn’t.
Sad to say this is the truth. His quote is resurfacing from when we signed AB of him saying "No 2nd chances" if AB fucks up. This would definitely be strike 3 but we all know Arians isn't going to let him go. So he's trying to deflect as long as possible.
This why BA needs to understand the value being vague w/ the media and stop being such a blowhard in his pressers. I know fans and the media eat that shit up and it's part of BA's appeal. But he can still be 'Cool Daddy BA' and all that without making definitive statements he may have to walk back (like he will with this AB situation).

I also agree that BA doesn't have nearly the authority he lets on. This isn't 2019 where Jameis is the QB and Arians was hired to save both Jason Licht and Jameis.

With Tom Brady here along the the elevation of Jason Licht as people recognize what a good roster he actually put together, I don't believe BA has much control outside of in-game strategy (which unfortunately has never been his strong suit).

I mean Todd Bowles pretty much runs the defense. Jason Licht (w/ Brady's influence at times) makes the personnel decisions). Tom Brady runs the offense with some consultation from Leftwich and BA.
Last edited by Dread on Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:59 am, edited 2 times in total.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Dread wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:23 am home fans are MUCH less likely to sell their tickets like some passholders do for high demand regular season games.
In most cities, I'd say you're right. But 2008 wild card game vs NYG, RayJay was more than half giants fans. Was this the last home playoff game?
Dread

Post by Dread »

nybf wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:44 am
Dread wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:23 am home fans are MUCH less likely to sell their tickets like some passholders do for high demand regular season games.
In most cities, I'd say you're right. But 2008 wild card game vs NYG, RayJay was more than half giants fans. Was this the last home playoff game?
It was.

Hopefully the collective mindset of the fans who are passholders or otherwise acquired tickets to home playoff games has changed. It's wishful thinking perhaps, but this Bucs team is different than 2008. I was at the 2002 Divisional game vs SanFran (last home playoff win :( ) and that was a tremendous home crowd (although it's possible the SanFran fans just blended in and were quiet all game since they got curb stopped :D ).

If you're a Bucs fan with tickets to a playoff game this year you have to know these moments are rare.

We'll see.
Last edited by Dread on Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:27 am
uscbucsfan wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:48 am

Can't be overstated enough. And I think homefield means a lot more this year than last simply because the fans are back. It's made a difference.
I bet Sunday's game was a shock to Tom. Were Superbowl champs in great position even for the next year and giving away many footballs and he gets to hear thousands cheering for us to be beat at home.

Tom? - are you friggin kidding me.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Dread wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 am
nybf wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:44 am
It was.

Hopefully the collective mindset of the fans who are passholders or otherwise acquired tickets to home playoff games has changed. It's wishful thinking perhaps, but this Bucs team is different than 2008. I was at the 2002 Divisional game vs SanFran (last home playoff win :( ) and that was a tremendous home crowd (although it's possible the SanFran fans just blended in and were quiet all game since they got curb stopped :D ).

If you're a Bucs fan with tickets to a playoff game this year you have to know these moments are rare.

We'll see.
I hope you're right. But Tampa is a shit sports town.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

nybf wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:00 pm
It was.

We'll see.

We have our own built in adversity that makes us tough.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

It was.

We'll see.
Has not been to a lightning game.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 am
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:27 am

I bet Sunday's game was a shock to Tom. Were Superbowl champs in great position even for the next year and giving away many footballs and he gets to hear thousands cheering for us to be beat at home.

By the same token, it had to be extra satisfying when he shut them up with the walk-off homerun.
Don't tread on me
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:32 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 am

By the same token, it had to be extra satisfying when he shut them up with the walk-off homerun.
True true, I was just saying he has been with the Patriot dynasty fanatical support system.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:42 pm
Buc2 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:32 pm
True true, I was just saying he has been with the Patriot dynasty fanatical support system.
Yep. Welcome to Tampa, Tom. ha!
Don't tread on me
Dread

Post by Dread »

It was.

We'll see.
Meh, I get that statement. I just think Tampa is a growing city in addition to having a higher than normal demand for visiting teams due to the amount of transient citizens. This area is well known for many of it's locals not having roots here, or atleast their parents not being from here. Whenever I tell people I'm from Tampa I almost always get the follow-up 'Yeah, but where did you grow up'?

You take any 'great' sports town and I believe there is common thread that those fans have roots in those cities. Their parents were fans of the local team and they grew up in it.

LA and Las Vegas are bigger markets *edit populations in addition to having higher population density than Tampa and have the same struggle as Tampa when it comes to opposing fans for the same reason imo.

I don't know that it makes them a 'shit sports town' per se. It just means the citizens haven't been entrenched in the sports culture b/c they either aren't from there or they were raised cheering for their parents teams.

Nobody moves to fucking Pittsburgh so everyone there is a fan of Pittsburgh sports teams. But it's great sports town for sure, mostly b/c everyone there has only known Pittsburgh sports their entire life, like their parents before them.

Transient cities like Tampa don't have that culture and likely never will. It hurts from a fanbase perspective, but there are many other positives, the most obvious being that you live in a city others find desirable.
Last edited by Dread on Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:10 pm LA and Las Vegas are bigger markets than Tampa and have the same struggle as Tampa when it comes to opposing fans for the same reason imo.
Ummm what market exactly are you referring to in Las Vegas that's bigger than the Tampa Bay area??
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

AJPG wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:51 pm BA needs to STFU about AB. He's just calling unwarranted attention to the organization. What a dumb ass.
Not much he can do about it if he's asked at every presser. If he's truly undecided, it does no good to say "yeah, he'll be back."
Dread

Post by Dread »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:04 pm
Dread wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:10 pm LA and Las Vegas are bigger markets than Tampa and have the same struggle as Tampa when it comes to opposing fans for the same reason imo.
Ummm what market exactly are you referring to in Las Vegas that's bigger than the Tampa Bay area??
People/citizens who live in the city. Sorry if that wasn't spelled out.

The city of 'Las Vegas' has a estimated population of 651k and is 136 square miles

The city of 'Tampa' has an estimated population of 391k and is 175 square miles

Las Vegas has both more people and a greater population density.

I didn't say "Tampa Bay area" b/c it's an ambiguous boundary than can be defined from anywhere from 2 to 8 separate counties depending on how one wants to frame it. It's also a region and not a city, thus not really apples to apples when comparing to the city of Las Vegas.

As an example the 'Tampa Bay media market' is a collection of 8 different counties that stretches from almost Ocala in the north (Citrus Co) to almost Port Charlotte (Sarasota Co).
nybf

Post by nybf »

Dread wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:10 pm
You take any 'great' sports town and I believe there is common thread that those fans have roots in those cities. Their parents were fans of the local team and they grew up in it.

LA and Las Vegas are bigger markets than Tampa and have the same struggle as Tampa when it comes to opposing fans for the same reason imo.
Rams have been there 6 years. Chargers 4. Raiders 2, the first of which there were no fans allowed.

The Bucs have been in Tampa a little longer.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:28 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:04 pm

The city of 'Las Vegas' has a estimated population of 651k and is 136 square miles

I didn't say "Tampa Bay area" b/c it's an ambiguous boundary than can be defined from anywhere from 2 to 8 separate counties depending on how one wants to frame it. It's also a region and not a city, thus not really apples to apples when comparing to the city of Las Vegas.

As an example the 'Tampa Bay media market' is a collection of 8 different counties that stretches from almost Ocala in the north (Citrus Co) to almost Port Charlotte (Sarasota Co).
So more accurately you mean population and not market. By your own definition, that being population in the immediate city limits, that is not how markets are determined.

It also makes your assertion quite odd as well. Allegiant Stadium isn't even in Las Vegas technically. It's in Paradise, NV. An accurate picture here would be you comparing Tampa's population to that of Paradise, NV. Not Las Vegas.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:39 pm

So more accurately you mean population and not market. By your own definition, that being population in the immediate city limits, that is not how markets are determined.

It also makes your assertion quite odd as well. Allegiant Stadium isn't even in Las Vegas technically. It's in Paradise, NV. An accurate picture here would be you comparing Tampa's population to that of Paradise, NV. Not Las Vegas.

I believe LA to Vegas more than I believe Buffalo to Tampa.
Dread

Post by Dread »

The discussion was about fans attending games, not media markets. Sorry if you got confused. If you want to believe that Tampa is bigger than Vegas I won't tell you differently.
Last edited by Dread on Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:43 pm

The discussion was about fans attending games, not media markets. Sorry if you got confused.
Then you would've used the fans in Paradise, NV and not Las Vegas since the Raiders play in Paradise
Dread

Post by Dread »

nybf wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:35 pm
Dread wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:10 pm

LA and Las Vegas are bigger markets than Tampa and have the same struggle as Tampa when it comes to opposing fans for the same reason imo.
Rams have been there 6 years. Chargers 4. Raiders 2, the first of which there were no fans allowed.

That's fair, my larger point was that those cities are also places with alot of transient citizens. People who didn't grow up there, or parents didn't grow up there and thus influenced their child's allegiances when it comes to sports.

I feel that is one of the bigger factors those cities face when it comes to opposing teams visiting their city and the demand.

I don't think the people who have roots in Tampa going back a generation or two are less loyal to the Bucs than similar fans from other cities. We just have so many new citizens here b/c it's a desirable place to live.

Tampa is already a smaller city when it comes to the NFL, so when you combine that with the % of Tampa citizens who aren't from here I think the issue with opposing fans is easier to understand.

Doesn't help the Bucs have sucked ass for most of our existence either. That is a factor also. But look at Cleveland. They've been equally bad and their stadium has no issue with opposing fans b/c nobody moves to Cleveland.

Instead you get people (like my direct report) who was born in Cleveland and moved down to Boca as a kid but stayed a Browns fans b/c of his family. Now his son (born in Tampa, lives in Tampa) is being raised a Browns fan.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Looks like the season ticket privilege is a backfire to some extent. Does money conflict with fan faithful? One would think the Bucs could grow 75 thou if they could be identified.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:58 pm
nybf wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:35 pm

That's fair, my larger point was that those cities are also places with alot of transient citizens. People who didn't grow up there, or parents didn't grow up there and thus influenced their child's allegiances when it comes to sports.

I feel that is one of the bigger factors those cities face when it comes to opposing teams visiting their city and the demand.

I don't think the people who have roots in Tampa going back a generation or two are less loyal to the Bucs than similar fans from other cities. We just have so many new citizens here b/c it's a desirable place to live.

Tampa is already a smaller city when it comes to the NFL, so when you combine that with the % of Tampa citizens who aren't from here I think the issue with opposing fans is easier to understand.

Doesn't help the Bucs have sucked ass for most of our existence either. That is a factor also. But look at Cleveland. They've been equally bad and their stadium has no issue with opposing fans b/c nobody moves to Cleveland.

Instead you get people (like my direct report) who was born in Cleveland and moved down to Boca as a kid but stayed a Browns fans b/c of his family. Now his son (born in Tampa, lives in Tampa) is being raised a Browns fan.
You got a lot to learn about how sports markets work, kiddo.

(Raiders)Paradise, NV- 0
(Giants & Jets) East Rutherford, NJ- 9,700
(Football Team)Landover, MD- 22,000
(Chargers & Rams) Inglewood, CA- 107k
(49ers) Santa Clara, CA- 133k
(Cardinals) Glendale, AZ- 198k
(Cowboys) Arlington, TX- 400k

If your logic was used, these are the metrics that would be used to get the "market size" of each of these franchises.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

BA better be bluffing. Brown is vaxxed now so get over it and lets win a super bowl.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Primeminister wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:43 pm BA better be bluffing. Brown is vaxxed now so get over it and lets win a super bowl.
Right? Stop being a Karen, Bruce.
Don't tread on me
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Moozician wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:14 pm
AJPG wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:51 pm BA needs to STFU about AB. He's just calling unwarranted attention to the organization. What a dumb ass.
Not much he can do about it if he's asked at every presser. If he's truly undecided, it does no good to say "yeah, he'll be back."
He can simply say "I've already addressed this. Next question"
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:47 am
BJJ34 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:21 pm Evans is 115 yards away from breaking the 1000 yard record. I hope he gets it Sunday against Lattimore. How fucking rewarding would that be?
As rewarding as that would be, we need to win this game. And throwing at Marshon Lattimore that many times is not a winning game plan.

We need to see Lenny and a lot of him. The thing that has killed us in this series the last couple of years is their pass rush getting to our QBs and causing turnovers. Keep them honest and don't abandon the run.
Wait - you mean we're allowed to run the ball?
Tnbandwagoner

Post by Tnbandwagoner »

Methinks you must not be too familiar with the New England Patriots' record at home in the playoffs since 2001. Brady doesn't lose at home in the playoffs. He also has won a few on the road; but at home - forget about it.

It makes a world of difference. For reference see this season. We're averaging about 20 points more per game at home than away and are undefeated at home.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:30 pm
Dread wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:58 pm

You got a lot to learn about how sports markets work, kiddo.

(Raiders)Paradise, NV- 0
(Giants & Jets) East Rutherford, NJ- 9,700
(Football Team)Landover, MD- 22,000
(Chargers & Rams) Inglewood, CA- 107k
(49ers) Santa Clara, CA- 133k
(Cardinals) Glendale, AZ- 198k
(Cowboys) Arlington, TX- 400k

If your logic was used, these are the metrics that would be used to get the "market size" of each of these franchises.
LMAO
What a dumb post. JFC you're such a prima dona.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Tnbandwagoner wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:43 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:47 am

As rewarding as that would be, we need to win this game. And throwing at Marshon Lattimore that many times is not a winning game plan.

We need to see Lenny and a lot of him. The thing that has killed us in this series the last couple of years is their pass rush getting to our QBs and causing turnovers. Keep them honest and don't abandon the run.
Wait - you mean we're allowed to run the ball?
We are very efficient at running the ball when we do it. Hopefully we do it more often in the playoffs. But when you have Brady with an Oline that protects him as ours has and he has the weapons we have does it make sense to force the run (or pass)?

Brady will get us the team in the right play. He's shown that to be the case his entire career including last season.