HE’S BACKKKKKK!!!!!

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Snake

Re: HE’S BACKKKKKK!!!!!

Post by Snake »

Trask

Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Snake wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:54 pm Trask

If anything, I think this is ideal.

Let Gabbert search out greener pastures elsewhere cuz we can't afford him. Let Trask take the number 2 job and reps, and make him the heir in waiting.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:46 pm
The Outsider wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:41 pm When we tagged Godwin I kind of had a feeling, deep in my plums, that this was imminent. I've been hurt too many times to trust it though.
Would've it have been more cap beneficial to extend Godwin instead of tagging him. Not sure how him being on a 1 year tag is better with Brady than without.

Are you retarded? Oh, wait, of course you are.

Tagging Godwin didn't make a whole lot of sense to me at all if the QB room going in to the draft is Gabbert and Trask. If you're rebuilding a team it's much better to be able to re-sign your two of the three of your C, G, and CB who are at the very least above average at their respective positions than it is to blow 19 million on a #2 receiver. Granted Godwin is a great #2. I think that of course they wanted to get Godwin on a long term deal, but I also think that if they hadn't have had a pretty good inkling that Brady was coming back that they'd have let him walk.

In fact, Godwin's return could have been a major point for getting Brady back.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

The Outsider wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:56 pm

Would've it have been more cap beneficial to extend Godwin instead of tagging him. Not sure how him being on a 1 year tag is better with Brady than without.

Tagging Godwin didn't make a whole lot of sense to me at all if the QB room going in to the draft is Gabbert and Trask. If you're rebuilding a team it's much better to be able to re-sign your two of the three of your C, G, and CB who are at the very least above average at their respective positions than it is to blow 19 million on a #2 receiver. Granted Godwin is a great #2. I think that of course they wanted to get Godwin on a long term deal, but I also think that if they hadn't have had a pretty good inkling that Brady was coming back that they'd have let him walk.

It was probably huge for him. I'd say that Godwin is his favorite target in Tampa if I were to wager.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Crocaneers wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:57 pm
Swashbuckler wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:03 pm

You got dibs on "Wolf Of Wall Street" if he comes back
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Also, Lil'BJ should be banned for not making the title of this thread "Lord of the Rings: Return of the King".

You really fucked this one up, kid.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Snake wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:54 pm Trask

No shit Sherlock
Backside

Post by Backside »

At least one more exciting season. What a guy. Makes this week infinitely more interesting.

If this dude somehow manages to retire on the Super Bowl podium 11 months from now..

I’ll just take a fun season. LFG!
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Think you missed the basis of the question as your response doesn't address it at all. But conflict is all you know how to respond with so nevermind.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

Gronk right now:

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Cheb wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:57 pm

It was probably huge for him. I'd say that Godwin is his favorite target in Tampa if I were to wager.
His position is the focal point of the pass game. The real question now is when will Godwin be back on the field?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Snake wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:36 pm Football
Family
God

In that order
Football

…ffffffffffffffffaaaaaaaaaaaa

Fuck it.

Football.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:01 pm
Cheb wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:57 pm

His position is the focal point of the pass game. The real question now is when will Godwin be back on the field?
Hopefully October…
BearLandBucFan

Post by BearLandBucFan »

Such a great weekend for me!!! Love this news!
Snake

Post by Snake »

Nobody wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:01 pm
Snake wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:36 pm Football
Family
God

In that order
Football

Fuck it.

Football.
what do you think was up with his body language and all that stuff in the lead up to the conclusion of the season, now? Dreading an involuntary retirement?
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:00 pm

Think you missed the basis of the question as your response doesn't address it at all. But conflict is all you know how to respond with so nevermind.
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I did address the basis of the question. I just didn't use the exact words you used to ask it so you didn't understand, I guess.

Yes, it would be beneficial to the cap to extend Godwin long term over tagging him. Not re-signing him at all would be the best decision over-all if Brady weren't returning because it would allow us to re-sign good players at some harder to fill positions which is definitely more valuable if you're a rebuilding team with no QB. However, I believe that Godwin's tagging was done with either the foreknowledge or at the very least some very strong indications that Brady was coming back.

There is the boring, kindergarten version of my previous post.
Last edited by The Outsider on Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wmgravytrain

Post by wmgravytrain »

Yaaaaaaaas!!!
Snake

Post by Snake »

Meanwhile…we have him on a gem of a contract.

“The #Vikings are signing Pro Bowl QB Kirk Cousins to a one-year, $35 million fully guaranteed extension that puts him under contract through 2023, per sources. Cousins gets a raise to $40 million in 2022, $55 million payable by next March and a no-trade clause.”

LOL!!!!
Last edited by Snake on Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

Well called by the people on here who insisted this was going to happen. I certainly didn't believe it would
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

The downvotes tell me I'm doing something right.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

What a great day!
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Cut no slack, the GOAT is BACK!!!!!!
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Snake wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:03 pm
Nobody wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:01 pm

Football

Fuck it.

Football.
what do you think was up with his body language and all that stuff in the lead up to the conclusion of the season, now? Dreading an involuntary retirement?
Again, it was a sudden turn.

Godwin had gone down and you had the crushing Saints loss.

Then we lost Wirfs.

He was taking a ton of hits at that time and that continued up through the Rams game.

I think it was all the injuries, football stuff broadly, body not feeling good with all those hits.

And I still think something happened with Giselle. It may not have been overt, but the partner can say or do subtle things that just mind-eff a dude (as I’m sure most everyone here knows). Or maybe the kids said some things. Or maybe they actually had a fight. Who knows. Something seems to have likely happened though.

But distance and time and healing all sounds etc etc.

Unfortunately, this is going to be a worse team than last year. Minus Marpet, CD3 (top 3 offensive player - less QB - and top 3 defender) and probably Jensen? Who knows who else?

With Brady, we’re still a 12ish win team, but we have a lot to do to be as capable as the team that won the Super Bowl. If CD3 stays aboard and we have a Chiefs 2021 draft? Now you’re talking.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Best day since the Super Bowl win.
Hammy

Post by Hammy »

Awesome news!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

I wonder how the guy feel when he bought Brady last touchdown ball?
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

LETS GOOOOO
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

PetePierson wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:18 pm Can't wait for Nobody to tell us how stupid we are... again.

Never known a more frustrated high school coach.

Chin up you little fag... maybe one day you'll get the BIG headset.
See Bootz, now THIS is replying with conflict.

Edit: Vote Pedro.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

I've never seen Pete so happy in all my life
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

But also, he's probably pissed because sexy Tom in sexy Bucco Brucies has to wait another year.

#ItReallyIsABucsLife
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

PetePierson wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:31 pm
Swashbuckler wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:29 pm But also, he's probably pissed because sexy Tom in sexy Bucco Brucies has to wait another year.

#ItReallyIsABucsLife
Magically, OBP will end up resolving those "supply chain" issues. Eerie coincidence, I'm sure.
OBP will get its shit together when pigs fly. 2 years ago, Jason Licht just had Skylar White stroll into his office and write him a check to get out of debt and now she's singing "Happy Birthday Mr President" after blowing it all like a dumbass.

PS- Breaking Bad is solid if you haven't seen it
Snake

Post by Snake »

Tom Brady wearing the creamsicles. I can die happy, just make it happen.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Swashbuckler wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:29 pm But also, he's probably pissed because sexy Tom in sexy Bucco Brucies has to wait another year.

#ItReallyIsABucsLife
Somehow those supplier issues gon' clear right up I bet.

Edit: Fuck you Pete get out of my head.