Rapid Reactions Week 7: 38-3 Win Vs Chicago Bears

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

Re: Rapid Reactions Week 7: 38-3 Win Vs Chicago Bears

Post by mdb1958 »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:04 am
ATrain wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:15 am Brady now leads the league in both yards and TD passes with a 67% completion rate. And that's with him having kind of a rough stretch in terms of accuracy. Pretty remarkable, and not just for a 44 year old QB. I hand criticism and praise in equal measures when warranted, so Brady deserves the praise of outplaying all these young talented QBs nearly halfway through the season. He should be getting lots of MVP consideration.

The defense needed this game. You can tell they got their swagger back. After allowing 29pts per game through the first 3 weeks, the defense has quietly reduced that to 14.75 ppg over the past four. This is good timing too because the defense needs that confidence for next week when we smash the cunty Saints.
You keep harping on this accuracy bs. Yes...he missed a couple of throws. Many, however, were on the receiver. Such as Evans and AJ each missing the hot route. One of the long balls to Godwin missed because Godwin had a hiccup (slight slip) while running the route. Made a huge difference in the ball getting to him. Yes, Brady missed a couple open guys in the end zone which was uncharacteristic. He knew it, too. Overall, his accuracy was just fine.
I don't know if it was the plays or what but in terms of not being pressured they made us look pretty bad in the passing game. Running backs and TE's were basically nothing but bad plays, that left us with force feeding Godwin and ME.

Brady started 7 for 10 and the rest of the way was 13 for 26. 70% to 50% is a big drop off.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:50 am
Buc2 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:04 am
You keep harping on this accuracy bs. Yes...he missed a couple of throws. Many, however, were on the receiver. Such as Evans and AJ each missing the hot route. One of the long balls to Godwin missed because Godwin had a hiccup (slight slip) while running the route. Made a huge difference in the ball getting to him. Yes, Brady missed a couple open guys in the end zone which was uncharacteristic. He knew it, too. Overall, his accuracy was just fine.
I don't know if it was the plays or what but in terms of not being pressured they made us look pretty bad in the passing game. Running backs and TE's were basically nothing but bad plays, that left us with force feeding Godwin and ME.

Brady started 7 for 10 and the rest of the way was 13 for 26. 70% to 50% is a big drop off.
Good point. The Bears did a good job taking away the short passing game to the RB's & TE's away. The good thing is, with Brady, we can beat them other ways.
Don't tread on me
Dread

Post by Dread »

Brady missed a wide open OJ Howard on a corner route in the red zone, but other than that looked pretty sharp.

Idk, I think fans are bit spoiled due to Brady setting such a high standard to where when he goes through small stretches where he completes only 50% of his passes we get this kind of overreaction. Let's remember that the offense was still putting points on the board while Brady was 'struggling'.

Brady's accuracy isn't something I'm worried about. He's earned the benefit of the doubt imo.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

I know it was garbage time but Vaughn looked good running the ball. He had some nice cuts and burst. Wouldn't mind seeing more of him in meaningful time.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Dread wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:00 am Brady missed a wide open OJ Howard on a corner route in the red zone, but other than that looked pretty sharp.

Idk, I think fans are bit spoiled due to Brady setting such a high standard to where when he goes through small stretches where he completes only 50% of his passes we get this kind of overreaction. Let's remember that the offense was still putting points on the board while Brady was 'struggling'.

Brady's accuracy isn't something I'm worried about. He's earned the benefit of the doubt imo.
It's not the 6 straight incompletions in a row! It's Brady and Byron not changing successfully
what they saw being done to them.
Dread

Post by Dread »

ATrain wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:16 am I know it was garbage time but Vaughn looked good running the ball. He had some nice cuts and burst. Wouldn't mind seeing more of him in meaningful time.
At the expense of which RB? Whose touches would you want decreased even more to accommodate Vaughn getting more carries?

Vaughn is just caught on a depth chart behind better and more seasoned vets, similar to the situation Khalil Davis was in.

Good news for Vaughn is he's the only RB under contract next season.
Dread

Post by Dread »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:45 am
Dread wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:00 am Brady missed a wide open OJ Howard on a corner route in the red zone, but other than that looked pretty sharp.

It's not the 6 straight incompletions in a row! It's Brady and Byron not changing successfully
So Brady's ability to adjust and make good decisions is also a problem in addition to his accuracy?

Good to know, be sure to stay on top of it.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Dread wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:54 am
ATrain wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:16 am I know it was garbage time but Vaughn looked good running the ball. He had some nice cuts and burst. Wouldn't mind seeing more of him in meaningful time.
At the expense of which RB? Whose touches would you want decreased even more to accommodate Vaughn getting more carries?

Vaughn is just caught on a depth chart behind better and more seasoned vets, similar to the situation Khalil Davis was in.

Good news for Vaughn is he's the only RB under contract next season.
Honestly, Rojo. I'm torn, because I do like Rojo. He has good burst when running north and south and he was overall good last year. But he's not going to be on this team next year, he's a liability in the passing game, and I'm holding my breath every time he runs the football for fear of fumbling.

I'm not wanting to completely phase Rojo out, but if Vaughn gets 3 or 4 carries during non-garbage time, that would work for me. We have a 3rd round pick invested in him and I'd like to get some return on that.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

What, our fumble stats aren't high enough?
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Dread wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:55 am
mdb1958 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:45 am

So Brady's ability to adjust and make good decisions is also a problem in addition to his accuracy?

Good to know, be sure to stay on top of it.
More like the team was thankful for the gift but didnt care much after that. If we really are on a mission I expect better than falling apart for no reason. The top teams have a purpose of not looking like that.

I'd even say we have let up on a few wins, I even think (a little) they want it that way till whenever their run starts. The reason I say this is the more they are clicking on offense gives more film to work on.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Jason Bourne wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:53 am
vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:55 am

well, let’s slow our roll a bit. tristan might eventually become the best buc OT in history, he hasn’t reached paul gruber status, yet.

mr. wirfs is a bad man but mr. gruber was THE man.
Sry but Wirfs >>> Gruber
clearly, you never saw gruber play.
Dread

Post by Dread »

BLT wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:44 am
BucsNBrew831 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:32 pm It’s amazing what having an Elite qb can do, missing Gronk, AB, LD, Davis, SMB and Sherman and we still win 38-3 life is good to be a bucs fan.

Also JPP said he’s playing with a torn rotator cuff and fractured finger, heart of a champion.
I wouldn't count Sherman as missing at this point I'd rather have Dee Delaney out there. It was interesting to see that he filled in for a DB coach on the Covid list.

But yeah, your point remains as a good one - thank you, Tom.

Great to see JPP have a good game playing injured and having a few bad ones.
The Bears have a terrible Oline. To compound that their normal starting RT was ruled inactive 3hrs before kickoff due to Covid so the back-up had to step in.

He was obviously not ready b/c he got whipped like a red-headed step child until they replaced him with somebody who was equally terrible.

It's great that Shaq and JPP feasted on a shitty player, but I want to JPP do it against better competition still.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Nagy is COVID positive. I really hope that we don't start testing positive later this week as a result.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

ATrain wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:33 pm Nagy is COVID positive. I really hope that we don't start testing positive later this week as a result.
That would suck. Hopefully, the Bears coach stayed the hell away from our players.
Ken

Post by Ken »

Hopefully he stayed as far away from our guys as his team did away from the end zone.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

ATrain wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:33 pm Nagy is COVID positive. I really hope that we don't start testing positive later this week as a result.
Nagy can't do anything right. They should fire him while he has COVID
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

wesmon wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:27 pm
I think it’s more of a gm problem than a Nagy problem. He’s gone 8-8,8-8,12-4…. That ain’t a “fire him now” with the “talent” that’s on that team
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

acmillis wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 7:02 pm
wesmon wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 4:27 pm

I think it’s more of a gm problem than a Nagy problem. He’s gone 8-8,8-8,12-4…. That ain’t a “fire him now” with the “talent” that’s on that team
The GM should have been fired after trading away the future of the team to reach for Trubisky.

My friend who is a die hard Bears fan is convinced nothing will change until the owner dies.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

BLT wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:44 am
BucsNBrew831 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:32 pm It’s amazing what having an Elite qb can do, missing Gronk, AB, LD, Davis, SMB and Sherman and we still win 38-3 life is good to be a bucs fan.

Also JPP said he’s playing with a torn rotator cuff and fractured finger, heart of a champion.
I wouldn't count Sherman as missing at this point I'd rather have Dee Delaney out there. It was interesting to see that he filled in for a DB coach on the Covid list.
Considering Dean injured his shoulder twice, and Desir and Robinson were on the street a couple of weeks ago. Sherman did a good job as CB coach. When you hold their entire receiving corp to 84 yards, you're doing something right. I would rather Sherman keep coaching up these DBs.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:58 am
Jason Bourne wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:53 am

Sry but Wirfs >>> Gruber
Lol. That’s funny actually

Only about every game. Gruber was a great player but not too many 290 lb Ot’s anymore. Wirfs has at least 30 lbs on him and has given up 1 sack.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Bucs did the right thing , well done

JUST IN: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reached an agreement with Byron Kennedy of St. Petersburg, otherwise known as the fan who received Tom Brady’s 600th TD game ball from WR Mike Evans:

Kennedy receives:
▪️1 BitCoin: (est. $63,000)
▪️2 Tom Brady signed jerseys + helmet
▪️1 Mike Evans signed jersey + game cleats
▪️$1,000 credit at the Bucs Team Store
▪️2 season tickets: remainder of 2021 + 2022

Tampa Bay Buccaneers receive:
▪️Tom Brady 600th TD game ball

Twitter: Darren Rowell
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Jason Bourne wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:36 pm Bucs did the right thing , well done

JUST IN: The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have reached an agreement with Byron Kennedy of St. Petersburg, otherwise known as the fan who received Tom Brady’s 600th TD game ball from WR Mike Evans:

Kennedy receives:

Now that's a fair deal, and good press for the Buccaneers as well. They're shown being gracious and the fan gets to watch the Bucs play at home for the rest of Tom Brady's time here in Tampa. The fan won't feel like a chump for giving the ball back for peanuts.

In any event, I think the Bucs will be reimbursed by the NFL as it's going to be displayed in Canton very soon.
Last edited by Xandtar on Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Jason Bourne wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:36 pm Bucs did the right thing , well done

Kennedy receives:

Rovell is a fucking hack.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Jason Bourne wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:06 pm
vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:58 am

Only about every game. Gruber was a great player but not too many 290 lb Ot’s anymore. Wirfs has at least 30 lbs on him and has given up 1 sack.
thanks for the irrelevant weight comparison and sack stat. do you have an actual football answer?
MJW

Post by MJW »

Okay, No-So-Rapid-Reactions:

1) Brady is missing too many passes. I know that's ha-ha giggles against a terrible Bears team. But it could be a problem against the Saints, or a number of other teams we'll face in the second half. I'm not talking about contested passes against good coverages. I'm talking about throws he should hit where the receiver has beaten his man. There were probably 5-6 this game. It reminds me of the first half of the season last year. It was a problem, and it was a contributing factor in 7-5. It was less of a factor during the "run," and hopefully it will be again. But the idea Brady is playing at his best? Only for fantasy nerds.

2) Our run blocking was god-mode. Very nice to see. Our line was much, much better than a Bears DL (admittedly missing Akiem Hicks and eventually, Bilal Powell.)

3) It's time to just accept, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Mike Evans is the greatest offensive player in Buccaneers history. He'll have the TD record in a few weeks. By the time he's done - assuming he gets a 3rd contract - it'll take a generation before anyone comes near his total.

4) We miss LVD. I like Kevin Minter. He's a nice #3 guy. But no way someone named "Khalil Herbert" runs wild if David is on the field.

5) Tyler Johnson is very good. I don't know what's going to happen with Godwin and AB going forward. But I feel confident in Johnson playing a bigger role if need be.

6) On the other hand, the gap between Gronk and the other options - uber-prospect Howard and Mr. reliable Brate - is the Grand Canyon. Gronk is just that good, and Brady is just that comfortable with him. I hope and pray that for as long as Brady is here, Gronk is here with him.

7) Get those bad misses out of your system now, Succop. Real teams await.

8) Congrats Darden on taking *1* play before reminding us how misguided the Mickens fetishism was the whole time.

9) Both Fournette and RoJo are RB1 caliber players. Fournette has deservedly seized the mantle. But Rojo's slashing, decisive running is a great compliment. Arians would be crazy to deal him at this point.

10) We did what good teams do. We put the boot to the neck of an inferior team and kept pushing. It won't always be that easy. Even with a good Saints team closing out the first half, this has been an easy slate. The next half will be more difficult.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:28 pm
Jason Bourne wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 10:06 pm

thanks for the irrelevant weight comparison and sack stat. do you have an actual football answer?
Yeah, you have no idea what you are taking about . Go sew some clothes or do the dishes
BLT

Post by BLT »

Pretty certain Bilal Powell doesn’t play DL for the bears
Dread

Post by Dread »

MJW wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:23 am Okay, No-So-Rapid-Reactions:

1) Brady is missing too many passes. I know that's ha-ha giggles against a terrible Bears team. But it could be a problem against the Saints, or a number of other teams we'll face in the second half. I'm not talking about contested passes against good coverages. I'm talking about throws he should hit where the receiver has beaten his man. There were probably 5-6 this game. It reminds me of the first half of the season last year. It was a problem, and it was a contributing factor in 7-5. It was less of a factor during the "run," and hopefully it will be again. But the idea Brady is playing at his best? Only for fantasy nerds.

2) Our run blocking was god-mode. Very nice to see. Our line was much, much better than a Bears DL (admittedly missing Akiem Hicks and eventually, Bilal Powell.)

3) It's time to just accept, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that Mike Evans is the greatest offensive player in Buccaneers history. He'll have the TD record in a few weeks. By the time he's done - assuming he gets a 3rd contract - it'll take a generation before anyone comes near his total.

4) We miss LVD. I like Kevin Minter. He's a nice #3 guy. But no way someone named "Khalil Herbert" runs wild if David is on the field.

5) Tyler Johnson is very good. I don't know what's going to happen with Godwin and AB going forward. But I feel confident in Johnson playing a bigger role if need be.

6) On the other hand, the gap between Gronk and the other options - uber-prospect Howard and Mr. reliable Brate - is the Grand Canyon. Gronk is just that good, and Brady is just that comfortable with him. I hope and pray that for as long as Brady is here, Gronk is here with him.

7) Get those bad misses out of your system now, Succop. Real teams await.

8) Congrats Darden on taking *1* play before reminding us how misguided the Mickens fetishism was the whole time.

9) Both Fournette and RoJo are RB1 caliber players. Fournette has deservedly seized the mantle. But Rojo's slashing, decisive running is a great compliment. Arians would be crazy to deal him at this point.

10) We did what good teams do. We put the boot to the neck of an inferior team and kept pushing. It won't always be that easy. Even with a good Saints team closing out the first half, this has been an easy slate. The next half will be more difficult.
I don't think anyone is saying 'Brady is playing his best' these past couple games. But he's playing pretty damn well despite the few misses. He's 54/78 (69%) w/ a 6-1 TD/INT ratio while averaging over 250yds/game. I'll take a 211yd passing performance when we run it for 182yds. Especially when the defense and special teams keeps putting the offense in short fields where the offense doesn't have the opportunities to rack up yards between the 20's

It's nice that we all see room from improvement and where the offense is 'leaving meat on the bone' out there. But I do feel we're a bit spoiled now as fans and have created a bit of an unrealistic standard to where if Brady doesn't complete 80% of his passes for 300+yds each game then something is wrong.
TBfan

Post by TBfan »

It seemed like they changed things a bit when they had a good lead. That keeps the #'s lower then they may have been, had they needed bigger numbers.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

MJW wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:23 am Okay, No-So-Rapid-Reactions:

1. We ran for nearly 200 yards. People complain about everything. Last week was in the rain. This week a few drops. Yes he was sailing some passes. Maybe he was throwing some of them away.

4. LVD is better than Minter against the run, and where was Devin White? He said multiple times his stats would get better if teams ran more this year. Devin white is allowing 85.4% of passes completed for an average of 44.1 ypg. LVD is allowing 82.9% completion and 44.0 ypg. That's 88 yards passing allowed by our ILBs. The last two games? Kevin Minter gave up 2 passes on 5 targets for 8 yards. Eight total yards. So having Minter on the field more might be better for our defense.

8. Arian's said on his show today that he will be slowly adding Darden to the offense. The more he shows he can perform, the bigger the role he will play. That would be interesting.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:46 am
vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 11:28 pm

Yeah, you have no idea what you are taking about . Go sew some clothes or do the dishes
clever. what are you, 13? it’s not surprising that you so quickly revert to bad insults when you don’t have actual football knowledge. here’s a little help:

1980-1999 offensive lineman average weight: 286 pounds (gruber played at 6’5”, 292lbs)

2000-present: offensive lineman average weight: 315 pounds (wirfs is 6’5”, 330lbs)

different eras, genius. the difference in size has to be examined in the context of their respective competitors and peers.

and congratulations for successfully googling wirfs sacks stat for his entire career! wirfs’ 1.5 seasons is certainly a relevant comparison to a 12-year vet. based on your logic, mac jones is a better qb than brady: only 6 career interceptions!

next time, have your mom proofread your “football” posts before you submit. in her spare time, have her tell you how great gruber was, since you clearly never saw him play.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

vivalaReagan wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:44 pm
Jason Bourne wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:46 am

clever. what are you, 13? it’s not surprising that you so quickly revert to bad insults when you don’t have actual football knowledge. here’s a little help:

1980-1999 offensive lineman average weight: 286 pounds (gruber played at 6’5”, 292lbs)

2000-present: offensive lineman average weight: 315 pounds (wirfs is 6’5”, 330lbs)

different eras, genius. the difference in size has to be examined in the context of their respective competitors and peers.

and congratulations for successfully googling wirfs sacks stat for his entire career! wirfs’ 1.5 seasons is certainly a relevant comparison to a 12-year vet. based on your logic, mac jones is a better qb than brady: only 6 career interceptions!

next time, have your mom proofread your “football” posts before you submit. in her spare time, have her tell you how great gruber was, since you clearly never saw him play.
Lmao. Like I said they are both good, you take offense to I think Wirfs is better. Seems like you are acting like a 13 yr old.

I’m sure Wirfs would do better against Millard,doleman and R white. I saw more Gruber games than you I promise you.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

BLT wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:53 am Pretty certain Bilal Powell doesn’t play DL for the bears

Bilal Nichols | 98
DT | Delaware | Chicago Bears
Ht: 6036 / 6' 04" | Wt: 306 | Upd: 08/07/2021
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Prepare yourself for the slip-ups that will certainly come with age.
Caradoc

Post by Caradoc »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 9:24 pm Prepare yourself for the slip-ups that will certainly come with age.