Rapid Reactions Week 7: 38-3 Win Vs Chicago Bears

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Nano

Rapid Reactions Week 7: 38-3 Win Vs Chicago Bears

Post by Nano »

Jesus Christ that was dominant.

We threw 4 TDs. We ran for 180+ yards. We left 10 points on the fields FFS.

This will probably be the worst game of Field's career.
Digital_Damage

Re: Rapid Reactions Week 7: 38-3 Win Vs Chicago Bears

Post by Digital_Damage »

Nano wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:22 pm Jesus Christ that was dominant.

You sure about that?
BLT

Post by BLT »

Spanked
Nano

Post by Nano »

Digital_Damage wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:23 pm
Nano wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:22 pm Jesus Christ that was dominant.

You sure about that?
I mean...how much worse can it get lol. Dude lost 3 fumbles, threw 3 picks, had a rating of 44.3 and the offense scored 3 points despite having a 100 yard rusher.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Defense won the game for us.

Run game was effective.

Passing game was in attendance.

On to the Saints and hopefully 7-1.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

Lugz devolved to his typical self.

It was a win.
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

Mike nonchalantly tosses Tom's 600th TD pass to a fan, gives a weak ass high 5 to Tom and runs off the field. I love that guy lol
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Someone objectively prove me wrong the Brady hasn't been subpar and inaccurate over the past 6 quarters.

If someone does that, then IP ban me.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

I really thought Chicago would give us a bit more of a game here....

Don't know that there is anything to complain about with this one

edit: Atrain proved me wrong.... Brandy might have been inaccurate by his standards but he has been good when needed
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

ATrain wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:28 pm Someone objectively prove me wrong the Brady hasn't been subpar and inaccurate over the past 6 quarters.

Thank God! 4 Touchdowns is not subpar... ban this fucker!
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

ATrain wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 7:28 pm Someone objectively prove me wrong the Brady hasn't been subpar and inaccurate over the past 6 quarters.

Don't be a fool. The metrics won't be in your favor.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Quickest start EVER for a Buccaneer team

SIX Dash ONE
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Certainly seems like we took our foot off the gas...
BucsNBrew831

Post by BucsNBrew831 »

It’s amazing what having an Elite qb can do, missing Gronk, AB, LD, Davis, SMB and Sherman and we still win 38-3 life is good to be a bucs fan.

Also JPP said he’s playing with a torn rotator cuff and fractured finger, heart of a champion.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

That was a dominant win but I would have liked to see more success in the 2nd half in the red zone.
accidentw8ing2happen

Post by accidentw8ing2happen »

BucsNBrew831 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:32 pm It’s amazing what having an Elite qb can do, missing Gronk, AB, LD, Davis, SMB and Sherman and we still win 38-3 life is good to be a bucs fan.

Also JPP said he’s playing with a torn rotator cuff and fractured finger, heart of a champion.

This win was way more about the D than it was about Brady. They gave Brady the ball in Chicago territory 5 times and ST did it once. Held Chicago to 3 points. Caused 5 TOs and 1 TO on downs.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I like not HAVING to put the ball in Tom Brady's hands with less than two minutes to go to make a desperate drive to pull out an improbable win.

That said, this wasn't our biggest game of the season. Our next game matters a lot... but there will be another thread for that.
Crocaneers

Post by Crocaneers »

Moozician wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:17 pm Certainly seems like we took our foot off the gas...
They gave a lot of short field options in the first half ..

20 - 40 yard drives not 80 yard drives.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

mack’s stat line: 1 tackle. that’s it. tristan wirfs is a bad man.

was at the game and decided to key on wirfs and it was clear he hadn’t forgotten about last season’s “toss.” he clearly took it personally and manhandled mack today. yes, tristan wirfs is a bad man.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

second reaction: despite mike’s big day, he can be a very undisciplined receiver at times. saw too many routes today where he just quit, and he definitely didn’t correctly read at least one blitz and didn’t run the hot route. at the line you could hear tb call to mike and point out the blitzer but mike ignored it. tb almost threw a pick because of it.

mike’s hof material but can be spacey or moody or something too often.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

vivalaReagan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:12 pm mack’s stat line: 1 tackle. that’s it. tristan wirfs is a bad man.

was at the game and decided to key on wirfs and it was clear he hadn’t forgotten about last season’s “toss.” he clearly took it personally and manhandled mack today. yes, tristan wirfs is a bad man.
The best OT in team history
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

ST - jaelon darden was impressive
D - dominated even without David and with back up cb’s
O - even missing gronk and AB they just continue to roll. Oline is one of the best in the league. Dominated
Snake

Post by Snake »

I wake up on Sunday’s assuming it’s a W day.

#BradyEffect
NeezDuts

Post by NeezDuts »

Our best team W of the year I feel much better about our championship aspirations with the contributions of the defense and running game. Previously we were relying just on Brady to bail us out now we look like a juggernaut that could go back to back
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Jason Bourne wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:57 pm
vivalaReagan wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 11:12 pm mack’s stat line: 1 tackle. that’s it. tristan wirfs is a bad man.

well, let’s slow our roll a bit. tristan might eventually become the best buc OT in history, he hasn’t reached paul gruber status, yet.

mr. wirfs is a bad man but mr. gruber was THE man.
Snake

Post by Snake »

vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:55 am

well, let’s slow our roll a bit. tristan might eventually become the best buc OT in history, he hasn’t reached paul gruber status, yet.

Like most things in pro sports, it's about how long you can keep it up. Wirfs' consistency is impressive. Let's see if he can stay healthy another 8 years and doesn't fall off a cliff if Brady retires.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:55 am

Sry but Wirfs >>> Gruber
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Brady now leads the league in both yards and TD passes with a 67% completion rate. And that's with him having kind of a rough stretch in terms of accuracy. Pretty remarkable, and not just for a 44 year old QB. I hand criticism and praise in equal measures when warranted, so Brady deserves the praise of outplaying all these young talented QBs nearly halfway through the season. He should be getting lots of MVP consideration.

The defense needed this game. You can tell they got their swagger back. After allowing 29pts per game through the first 3 weeks, the defense has quietly reduced that to 14.75 ppg over the past four. This is good timing too because the defense needs that confidence for next week when we smash the cunty Saints.
Dread

Post by Dread »

I like that Darden gave us a spark in the return game. The guy has that 'make you miss in a phone booth' type of agility that all good punt returners possess.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

What is this defensive alignment we are doing? 2/4/5?

3/3/5?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

ATrain wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:15 am Brady now leads the league in both yards and TD passes with a 67% completion rate. And that's with him having kind of a rough stretch in terms of accuracy. Pretty remarkable, and not just for a 44 year old QB. I hand criticism and praise in equal measures when warranted, so Brady deserves the praise of outplaying all these young talented QBs nearly halfway through the season. He should be getting lots of MVP consideration.

The defense needed this game. You can tell they got their swagger back. After allowing 29pts per game through the first 3 weeks, the defense has quietly reduced that to 14.75 ppg over the past four. This is good timing too because the defense needs that confidence for next week when we smash the cunty Saints.
You keep harping on this accuracy bs. Yes...he missed a couple of throws. Many, however, were on the receiver. Such as Evans and AJ each missing the hot route. One of the long balls to Godwin missed because Godwin had a hiccup (slight slip) while running the route. Made a huge difference in the ball getting to him. Yes, Brady missed a couple open guys in the end zone which was uncharacteristic. He knew it, too. Overall, his accuracy was just fine.
Don't tread on me
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:04 am
ATrain wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 8:15 am Brady now leads the league in both yards and TD passes with a 67% completion rate. And that's with him having kind of a rough stretch in terms of accuracy. Pretty remarkable, and not just for a 44 year old QB. I hand criticism and praise in equal measures when warranted, so Brady deserves the praise of outplaying all these young talented QBs nearly halfway through the season. He should be getting lots of MVP consideration.

You keep harping on this accuracy bs. Yes...he missed a couple of throws. Many, however, were on the receiver. Such as Evans and AJ each missing the hot route. One of the long balls to Godwin missed because Godwin had a hiccup (slight slip) while running the route. Made a huge difference in the ball getting to him. Yes, Brady missed a couple open guys in the end zone which was uncharacteristic. He knew it, too. Overall, his accuracy was just fine.
Ok
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Who is AJ?
BLT

Post by BLT »

BucsNBrew831 wrote: Sun Oct 24, 2021 8:32 pm It’s amazing what having an Elite qb can do, missing Gronk, AB, LD, Davis, SMB and Sherman and we still win 38-3 life is good to be a bucs fan.

I wouldn't count Sherman as missing at this point I'd rather have Dee Delaney out there. It was interesting to see that he filled in for a DB coach on the Covid list.

But yeah, your point remains as a good one - thank you, Tom.

Great to see JPP have a good game playing injured and having a few bad ones.
BLT

Post by BLT »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 9:04 am

The only egregious miss was the would be touchdown to Howard. It was almost as if he didn't even see Howard open and threw it away it was so uncharacteristic.

Anyways, Tom is a joy to watch.