Antonio NOW Officially Released.

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Patrick McIrish

Re: Antonio Brown Officially Cut

Post by Patrick McIrish »

ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:45 pm If AB isn't cut yet, Licht needs to take whichever route fucks him over the most. I don't care if it's petty, fuck em. Keep him hostage on some reserve list or suspended so he can't sign anywhere and if possible costs him some amount of his salary.
I agree.

Seriously doubt anyone is going to ever sign him again but just in case.

He did his best to fuck us over, we owe him that in return.

And it might just be me but I'm tired of hearing Brady talk about how we need to be sympathetic to this grease ball.

Fuck Brown.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:21 pm Of course we're all guessing but I don't see mental illness here, I just see another me-first narcissist.

Narcissist is the latest fad word that we call each other when we don't like someone's behavior but it's a real fit here.

He's not mentally ill, he just craves unparalleled levels of attention.

I checked yesterday and I think both Gronk and Evans had been targeted more than Brown.....

Grayson has been coming on the scene last couple weeks. Brate with a big catch for a TD.

Suddenly unlike last week the world wasn't revolving around AB. He pouted, didn't immediately get his way and wasn't coddled correctly.

So he went off like 2 year olds do.

CT? Please. That's been around forever and never induced a single in-game episode such as this.

Mental illness? Again, bullshit. You're doing a disservice to people who do suffer from it.

He's a narcissist and unlike our 2nd cousin from Boise who is the same he has a much bigger stage than most.

If you dealt with these people you know how impossible they are to deal with, that's my guess into all this.

In short, he isn't sick, he's as normal as most bottom level punks and narcissists you've run across in life.
Narcissism is a mental illness. Hell, anything that deviates from the neurotypical is a mental illness. Also, being a punk bitch and being mentally ill are not mutually exclusive, but these are nuances I wouldn't expect you to understand.
Brady-andthebucs

Post by Brady-andthebucs »

Time to rant:

I’m really getting tired of the mental health, CTE, etc. excuses that are being made for AB. This is going to be long, but as much as I appreciate his contributions to the team this year and last, which were not that much in my opinion, but I digress, AB is just acting like an attention deprived child. Whether I should or not defend his actions will be contingent on AB’s explanation of what happened. I prefer to be objective and unbiased about all of this.

The league is using mental health and CTE to discredit him and using their media affiliates to pump that propaganda out to the public, like how are they assuming he is crazy as opposed to narcissistic or diva-like? Why haven’t they pushed this narrative so hard for any other player? How does AB gets suspended for fake vax card, while Rodgers, who also held himself out to be vaccinated, gets a slap on a risk? The narrative is beyond suspect.

I’m assuming AB assumed he would be #1 with Godwin and Fournette out, but Brady prioritized Gronk over him and he pitched a fit, like he did in Pitts when he learned the coach and ownership didn’t value him the same as that washed up rapist QB they’ve been overpaying recently. AB’s reaction upon learning his place on the totem pole is not “insane,” it’s simply him attempting to remind them what they are or will be without him.

That long list of nitpicking mess AB has done from the Reddit user does not sound like anybody with mental health problems. AB is entitled and believes himself to be more important to himself than any team or anybody else. He does whatever he wants because he’s rich, famous, and has sponsors and handlers who will bail him out of his issues, as long as he can still produce — this is common with all celebrities and top athletes, see how Belichick and Kraft hid all of Hernandez’s thug life from the media; and with the league, used their media partners to perpetuate lies to the public about Hernandez on murdering sprees, despite the lack of evidence and motive — now, after beating the double homicide charge (the so-called motive used for killing Lloyd), he was hiding a gay secret and suddenly had CTE, and the CTE made him kill himself; and like fools under media programming, the public just drink the kool-aid and never question any of the information because (1) they didn’t follow the case, and (2)“they showed us a picture of his brain!” Which could have been anybody’s brain, but enough about Hernandez, though. I’m over it.

AB is acting no different than any similarly situated individual of his status. Do y’all really think AB got hit in the head some years ago and turned into a different person? He has always been like this. The 32 just covered it up and kept it out of the press to protect Pitts so-called prestige. Do you think he is the only player on the team acting like this? Do y’all truly believe that he was the only Bucs player that turned in a fake vaccination card? Do y’all really think the Bucs or the league cares about covid or the protocols surrounding it, especially if it affects their bottom line? You only hear about dirt on the league’s players, coaches, and teams when they want you to hear about it, which is usually when the player, coach, or team strays from the script, and AB has been off script for a while. Remember how quick they covered up Manning’s HGH scandal and Robert Kraft’s scandals — these more prominent individuals scandals were somehow deemed less relevant than AB acting a fool… mind-blowing, but back to AB.

If Skip Bayless’ sources are accurate, then Brady dismissiveness of AB started this beef. Now I can only assume BA told AB to get in after they were down 14, and AB, being petty and in his feelings at the time, refused to go in and overwork his bum ankle for Brady to get Gronk more targets. This probably led to BA issuing an ultimatum: get on the field or get out. AB went with the latter and left. Again, this does not sound like anyone with mental health issues, but someone sensitive and upset that (1) he is not valued anywhere near the amount that he believes he should be valued, and (2) Brady stopped coddling him, and the moment he did, AB showed his behind, as predicted. AB knew exactly what he was doing and why he did it. He’s not crazy. I bet he is watching all the sports news channels discuss his behavior and how sorry the Bucs will be in the playoffs without him.

Now, I’m in no way defending AB nor will I completely trash him until I get the full story. I just thought Brady implying that AB is crazy during his PC was suspect and an attempt to keep the attention off of his role in the situation. With teammates liking AB’s super gremlin post, I’m curious of how the offense has really felt about Brady allegedly prioritizing his own brand, stats, and his and Gronk’s records over the rest of the squad. Evans hardly do PCs after the game anymore, and he and Godwin were pro bowl caliber players before Brady came along forcing balls to Gronk and Fournette. I guess time will tell.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:31 pm
ATrain wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:28 pm

Makes me wonder if there's been shit behind the scenes going on that we don't even know about. Makes more sense(to me anyway) if this has been a slow boil over the past few weeks/months than him just randomly flipping out. But then again he's a fucking nutjob so maybe he did just go batshit crazy at the drop of a hat and burn the last bridge an NFL team will extend to him.
Well, looks like it has been boioling over for some time now according to Rappaport.

The “stuff has been building” has to be complete trash. If it had been building, why not cut the guy after he got suspended?
IchabodCrane84

Post by IchabodCrane84 »

Someone once told me that there's no such thing as roid rage, just assholes who take steroids.

Made me think every time someone jumps immediately to stuff like that or CTE.
Snake

Post by Snake »

IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:12 pm Someone once told me that there's no such thing as roid rage, just assholes who take steroids.
It’s a funny line, but factually incorrect. Lol.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:29 pm
IchabodCrane84 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:12 pm Someone once told me that there's no such thing as roid rage, just assholes who take steroids.
Yep. Just like it’s hard for people accept that an asshole can also be mentally ill. I keep seeing CTE/mental illness mentioned as an “excuse”. It’s not an excuse, but it would partly explain why.

Antonio Brown could be bi-polar & a fucking asshole. I have family members who are bi-polar. One of them is a well functioning adult who manages their manic cycles to limit the damage. The other fully embraces the mani and can be a danger to everyone around them. Same diagnosis yet very different outcomes. Brown looks and acts like my family members when they’re going through a manic episode. It’s up to him to handle it in a adult healthy way.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

Primeminister wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:36 pm
Snake wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:29 pm

Yep. Just like it’s hard for people accept that an asshole can also be mentally ill. I keep seeing CTE/mental illness mentioned as an “excuse”. It’s not an excuse, but it would partly explain why.

Antonio Brown could be bi-polar & a fucking asshole. I have family members who are bi-polar. One of them is a well functioning adult who manages their manic cycles to limit the damage. The other fully embraces the mani and can be a danger to everyone around them. Same diagnosis yet very different outcomes. Brown looks and acts like my family members when they’re going through a manic episode. It’s up to him to handle it in a adult healthy way.
I find it very hard to believe that a board that had been openly harsh on my decision making would be sympathetic towards mental illness of a millionaire.

I have no empathy for him. I’ve been out of control before where no one could help me. I didn’t have the help of a professional football team’s resources to get myself out of it. I had a shitty hospital in Central Pa that focuses on addiction and getting pills out. This man has all the help in the world and people who care about him. He has the greatest professional athlete of all time on his team advocating for his ability to play, and he blows it not once but twice? Pathetic. I’ve had problems dealing with shitty people in a bumfuck town, this man had problems dealing with some of the best at their job on the planet. And continued to blame them. He had Mike Evans trying to stop him. I had people pushing me to be crazy and act out. It would be funnier.

Mental health is something we don’t understand. But sometimes ya gotta call a spade, a spade.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:52 pm
Primeminister wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 3:36 pm

I find it very hard to believe that a board that had been openly harsh on my decision making would be sympathetic towards mental illness of a millionaire.

I have no empathy for him. I’ve been out of control before where no one could help me. I didn’t have the help of a professional football team’s resources to get myself out of it. I had a shitty hospital in Central Pa that focuses on addiction and getting pills out. This man has all the help in the world and people who care about him. He has the greatest professional athlete of all time on his team advocating for his ability to play, and he blows it not once but twice? Pathetic. I’ve had problems dealing with shitty people in a bumfuck town, this man had problems dealing with some of the best at their job on the planet. And continued to blame them. He had Mike Evans trying to stop him. I had people pushing me to be crazy and act out. It would be funnier.

Mental health is something we don’t understand. But sometimes ya gotta call a spade, a spade.
And that's the difference between just being mentally ill and being an asshole with a mental illness.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Whatever you all think of @Patrick McIrish, or even if you think this is fake PMI or an imposter of the fake of PMI, re-read this.... because he makes a good point. At least one worthy of discussion:
Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:21 pm CT? Please. That's been around forever and never induced a single in-game episode such as this.

Do I think Brown has CTE? I suppose he could, just like I suppose 99.9% of this board does, to some degree. Anyone who's ever taken a knock to the noggin, anyone who has played the sport before, been in a fight, or just randomly got knocked the f out. We just don't have our brains dissected when we die, but I bet most of us have it a bit. NFL players, boxers, and the like, certainly more than others, and certainly to the extent where we see stuff like what occurred with this team's, and this board's, beloved VJax.

There is no doubt it can go horribly wrong, but PMI has a point: This is something we've never seen before, so it seems a stretch to blame it on something that exists or has existed in probably every player who's ever played or is currently playing. There is more to this.

Mental illness? Certainly seems so, but as @The Outsider said, virtually any deviation from the "norm" - whatever that is - can be diagnosed these days. Immaturity (IPD - seriously, it's a disorder!) or narcissism or assholiness, or whatever, sure, there is certainly a bit of all of that.

But what we saw yesterday was unprecedented. A receiver who, during that same game, turned a defensive back into a pretzel 3 times, then broke the back's ankles and made him fall down, as the receiver hit the brakes and stopped on a dime to catch the pass. That guy. Wait, THAT is the guy who has the bad ankle and can't play? No way.

A receiver who, after doing that, throws his crap on the ground, throws more crap in the crowd, dances in the end zone, then high fives opponent fans, on his way to IMMMEDIATELY releasing a music video. That guy was done wrong by the coach or the QB or someone else somehow? No way.

This does not happen, and this is not the SINGULAR result of CTE. No doubt he has it, just like Mike Evans does, and just like Mike Alstott does, and just like John Lynch does, and just like.....
Kress

Post by Kress »

Well, shit. Outsider said what I wanted to say using about 300 fewer words and 30 times faster.

So... Outie is shorter and finishes faster. There's that.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Kress wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:20 pm Well, shit. Outsider said what I wanted to say using about 300 fewer words and 30 times faster.

So... Outie is shorter and finishes faster. There's that.
It's one of my many talents.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

So this was going to be an edit to my previous post in response to Kress but I feel like it stands better on it's own:

I will say that when I used the word neurotypical I mean that people with mental illnesses have brains that have structural differences from what is the norm. For instance, I have ADHD(Primarily Inattentive) which means that I'm not hyperactive but I struggle to start tasks and I can obsessively focus on very specific things to the detriment of everything else. For me, my brain is structured in a way that it doesn't produce enough dopamine, so that along with differences in the structures of my neurons in my prefrontal cortex makes starting the most simple tasks incredibly difficult, and when I do finish something I don't get that sense of accomplishment that I assume normal people would get. That dopamine hit.

The hyperfocusing becomes an issue when I need to be doing something else. The need to do what my brain wants to do is akin to the feeling one gets when they need to take a piss. Like at the point where you're seconds from pissing your pants. This is a metaphor, for those of you who will assume I'm talking about a literal physical sensation.

There are also issues with impulse control and emotional regulation but this ain't a TED Talk.
Last edited by The Outsider on Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

The fact that there hasn't been an official release yet is very indicative unfortunately of the status of this franchise. On the field, we're one of the absolute best. But behind the scenes, not so much.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:38 pm On the field, we're one of the absolute best.
You spend all year talking about how bad the team is, but now that they're taking their time to explore all avenues of not paying AB, you gotta latch on to some bullshit, so here we are.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:38 pm The fact that there hasn't been an official release yet is very indicative unfortunately of the status of this franchise. On the field, we're one of the absolute best. But behind the scenes, not so much.
I think it's been discussed that there is a very real possibility that they won't outright cut him just to be sure he doesn't get picked up by another team. I'm okay with that if that's the case. Just because AB was stupid, doesn't mean JL has to be stupid.
Don't tread on me
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:42 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:38 pm On the field, we're one of the absolute best.
You spend all year talking about how bad the team is, but now that they're taking their time to explore all avenues of not paying AB, you gotta latch on to some bullshit, so here we are.
I'm sorry you got me confused with most everyone else. You're bored. I get it. You wanna make up lies, by all means kiddo. You got nothing else to do.

Edit: Very ironic seeing @Snake like this comment when he's been one of the more outspoken critics of the roster. Particularly the defense. But he's always been one for gossip so :roll:
Last edited by King Bootz on Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Buc2 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:45 pm Just because AB was stupid, doesn't mean JL has to be stupid.
^^^
bucfan14

Post by bucfan14 »

Whole situation sucks, AB definitely deserves to never play in the NFL again after this stunt. Sports Media Guys like Florio and Stroud have been praying on this for more than a year too, so you really hate to see it go down like this
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:37 pm I will say that when I used the word neurotypical I mean that people with mental illnesses have brains that have structural differences from what is the norm. For instance, I have ADHD(Primarily Inattentive) which means that I'm not hyperactive but I struggle to start tasks and I can obsessively focus on very specific things to the detriment of everything else. For me, my brain is structured in a way that it doesn't produce enough dopamine, so that along with differences in the structures of my neurons in my prefrontal cortex makes starting the most simple tasks incredibly difficult, and when I do finish something I don't get that sense of accomplishment that I assume normal people would get. That dopamine hit.

The hyperfocusing becomes an issue when I need to be doing something else. The need to do what my brain wants to do is akin to the feeling one gets when they need to take a piss. Like at the point where you're seconds from pissing your pants. This is a metaphor, for those of you who will assume I'm talking about a literal physical sensation.

Yeah man we're real interested in finding out what makes you a retard. :roll:

If there's anyone less interesting than AB it's probably this idiot rambling about himself, LOL.

What a clown.

Can't imagine why his board failed and he's come crawling back, LOL.

We move on.
Backside

Post by Backside »

^Douche
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Probably discussing their options with the league. I'm sure we're not trying to pay him.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:44 pm

Probably discussing their options with the league. I'm sure we're not trying to pay him.
I thought we didn't cut him yet because we're an embarrassment. Do you and lugz have some kind of bet as to who can flip flop the most in this thread?
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

This is a pretty good interview with Rick Stroud.

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:50 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:44 pm

I thought we didn't cut him yet because we're an embarrassment. Do you and lugz have some kind of bet as to who can flip flop the most in this thread?
Do you have nothing to do except ride my dick all day? You are nothing on this board except the comic relief that ain't even funny. If you're to stupid to understand the difference between an opinion and a tweet from an analyst with information on the situation, that's not my fault. So you can fuck off. Got nothing for ya kiddo.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:54 pm
nybf wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:50 pm

Do you have nothing to do except ride my dick all day? You are nothing on this board except the comic relief that ain't even funny. If you're to stupid to understand the difference between an opinion and a tweet from an analyst with information on the situation, that's not my fault. So you can fuck off. Got nothing for ya kiddo.
I understand from the beginning that I said this was the route they're taking, but you had to be a contrarian. And when you got called in that, you fucking flip flopped back. Keep going though.

24+ posts a day, but if someone replies to any of the 9% of all posts on this message board that you vomit out, we've got nothing better to do.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:57 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:54 pm

I understand from the beginning that I said this was the route they're taking, but you had to be a contrarian. And when you got called in that, you fucking flip flopped back. Keep going though.

24+ posts a day, but if someone replies to any of the 9% of all posts on this message board that you vomit out, we've got nothing better to do.
I don't know or care what the fuck you said about the route they were taking. Stop trying to involve me in what you said. Go fuck off. Find someone else to annoy. Why are you so involved in what I post here?
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

bucfan14 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:18 pm Whole situation sucks, AB definitely deserves to never play in the NFL again after this stunt. Sports Media Guys like Florio and Stroud have been praying on this for more than a year too, so you really hate to see it go down like this
He may not play for the Bucs again. But as long as he can play he no doubt will be on some roster next season. Some team will be fooled just like the Raiders, Patriots and Bucs were into thinking they can control the madness. And we know how it'll end as well.
0-26 Survivor

Post by 0-26 Survivor »

Shame that number wasn’t retired after ‘Quez……..Okay, maybe Jackie Harris….
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 6:18 pm
bucfan14 wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:18 pm Whole situation sucks, AB definitely deserves to never play in the NFL again after this stunt. Sports Media Guys like Florio and Stroud have been praying on this for more than a year too, so you really hate to see it go down like this
He may not play for the Bucs again. But as long as he can play he no doubt will be on some roster next season. Some team will be fooled just like the Raiders, Patriots and Bucs were into thinking they can control the madness. And we know how it'll end as well.
To be clear this is just your opinion right?
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

He won’t play again unless it comes out he was off his meds or something. Quitting like he did burned whatever bridges he had left.
Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 12:11 pm This whole saga ended the only way it could. I'm just slightly surprised it happened when the team was doing well in general. That really highlights that this is an AB mental health issue, CTE or not.

He presents a lot of the signs of bi-polar. So much of Brown's shit just looks like someone in the grips of a manic episode to me that it's hard not to think it.
I actually said this exact thing in a facebook post. Also his behavior looks a lot like Borderline Personality Disorder. These two disorders can look very similar in behavior.
I said what I said

Babeinbucland

Post by Babeinbucland »

Brady-andthebucs wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 2:52 pm Time to rant:

I’m really getting tired of the mental health, CTE, etc. excuses that are being made for AB.
You are confusing explanations with excuses.
I said what I said

The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 5:30 pm
The Outsider wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:37 pm I will say that when I used the word neurotypical I mean that people with mental illnesses have brains that have structural differences from what is the norm. For instance, I have ADHD(Primarily Inattentive) which means that I'm not hyperactive but I struggle to start tasks and I can obsessively focus on very specific things to the detriment of everything else. For me, my brain is structured in a way that it doesn't produce enough dopamine, so that along with differences in the structures of my neurons in my prefrontal cortex makes starting the most simple tasks incredibly difficult, and when I do finish something I don't get that sense of accomplishment that I assume normal people would get. That dopamine hit.

Yeah man we're real interested in finding out what makes you a retard. :roll:

If there's anyone less interesting than AB it's probably this idiot rambling about himself, LOL.

What a clown.

Can't imagine why his board failed and he's come crawling back, LOL.

We move on.

I had a forum? News to me, cumgargler.