Free Agency Frenzy Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Miller4Prez64

Re: Free Agency Frenzy Thread

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Happy to see Cappa get paid. Glad it’s not us though. I feel like Hainsey can replace him just fine, we are starting to get decent at drafting and developing offensive lineman.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:56 pm Happy to see Cappa get paid. Glad it’s not us though. I feel like Hainsey can replace him just fine, we are starting to get decent at drafting and developing offensive lineman.
We need a road grader on the opposite side to replace Marpet. Zion Johnson from B/C would make a good choice. So would Jamaree Slayer of UGA
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:12 pm
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 3:56 pm Happy to see Cappa get paid. Glad it’s not us though. I feel like Hainsey can replace him just fine, we are starting to get decent at drafting and developing offensive lineman.
We need a road grader on the opposite side to replace Marpet. Zion Johnson from B/C would make a good choice. So would Jamaree Slayer of UGA
Stinnie is a road grader. Folks forget, but Fournette had his best performances running behind him. I think we need a mobile guard who can excel in the pull game. Hopefully Hainsey is that guy. Really glad we brought Jensen back, but I think we have to cheap out at guard in order to fill out the lineup elsewhere.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

real bucs fan wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:17 pm

Stinnie is a road grader. Folks forget, but Fournette had his best performances running behind him. I think we need a mobile guard who can excel in the pull game. Hopefully Hainsey is that guy. Really glad we brought Jensen back, but I think we have to cheap out at guard in order to fill out the lineup elsewhere.
If you think so. Then in that case, a solid OT in rounds 2 or 3 would be worth consideration in case Wirfs or D Smith get hurt. We saw what happened in the playoff game vs the Rams.
Dread

Post by Dread »

(knocks on wood) Licht hasn't missed on any Olinemen he's drafted in the 3rd round or earlier since he's been the GM. Trading for Logan Mankins and signing Ryan Jensen in FA have proved to be smart moves as well (does Licht have think for ginger Olinemen?).

The signing of Anthony Collins in that first free agent class that was a colossal bust was really the only blemish on any of Licht's OL transactions.
Kadeem Edwards might have been the worst Oline pick of Lich't tenure, but he was a 5th rounder and even he ended up briefly making an NFL roster w/ the Cowboys in 2017.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:29 pm
If you think so. Then in that case, a solid OT in rounds 2 or 3 would be worth consideration in case Wirfs or D Smith get hurt. We saw what happened in the playoff game vs the Rams.
Ya, I am definitely down with a Day 2 OL, one who can compete at guard and backup at OT. But I think I’m ok with Stinnie and Hainsey at guard. Both have impressed in the reps they have gotten, and we have three veteran pillars around them in Wirfs, Jensen, and Smith.

Our 1st round pick needs to be a CB. Sucks to be forced into this situation but here we are.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Hainsey looked comfortable in space on that Scotty Miller reverse late in the season.

He's not the athlete Marpet is/was, but few interior Olinemen are.

If the Bucs feel good about Hainsey and Stinnie who they just re-signed then the "need" for a Guard/Center is not as high and maybe we look to add a player in round 1 would be more impactful in 2022 with Brady returning.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Dread wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:47 pm
Hainsey looked comfortable in space on that Scotty Miller reverse late in the season.

If the Bucs feel good about Hainsey and Stinnie who they just re-signed then the "need" for a Guard/Center is not as high and maybe we look to add a player in round 1 would be more impactful in 2022 with Brady returning.
Ya I think Wirfs posted that play, only play I can really recall of Hainseys lol but that’s exactly what we’d need opposite Stinnie who’s a mauler. I think having the pillars on the OL at both OT spots and at C, allows us to go cheap at guard. If we use cap/draft picks on a guard I guess it’ll mean Licht isn’t sold on those two, but hopefully they are. Getting a #1 CB has to be priority 1 and I think our only path to that is hitting on one with our first rounder. Hopefully we can bring Lenny back too, and then we can focus on depth along OL, DL, secondary, and perhaps WR (as I’m thinking we lose Godwin after this year).
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

real bucs fan wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:36 pm
Defense5599 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:29 pm

Ya, I am definitely down with a Day 2 OL, one who can compete at guard and backup at OT. But I think I’m ok with Stinnie and Hainsey at guard. Both have impressed in the reps they have gotten, and we have three veteran pillars around them in Wirfs, Jensen, and Smith.

Our 1st round pick needs to be a CB. Sucks to be forced into this situation but here we are.
I'd go DT over CB in round one if you have to choose between the two. If we're lining up with Nacho next to Vea, we're in trouble. Granted, what Suh and CDIII do will change my mind.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Doctor’s favorite terrible QB Teddy Bridgewater is signing with Miami
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

We just resigned Carlton Davis.

Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Good deal for us after seeing what JC Jackson just got.

BearLandBucFan

Post by BearLandBucFan »

That is huge!
Kress

Post by Kress »

Booya!
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Redrum wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:17 pm Good deal for us after seeing what JC Jackson just got.

Oh wow Nice!!
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Welp, guess we keeping Davis!
Backside

Post by Backside »

Unexpected and huge. Thanks Tom
whistlepig777

Post by whistlepig777 »

The knocks on CD3 made no sense to me. He doesn't give you many highlight plays because most of the time he's got his guy covered and the opposing QB goes elsewhere with the ball.

That's exactly what you want from your #1 corner.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

YES!!!!!
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

real bucs fan wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:55 pm
Dread wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:47 pm

Ya I think Wirfs posted that play, only play I can really recall of Hainseys lol but that’s exactly what we’d need opposite Stinnie who’s a mauler. I think having the pillars on the OL at both OT spots and at C, allows us to go cheap at guard. If we use cap/draft picks on a guard I guess it’ll mean Licht isn’t sold on those two, but hopefully they are. Getting a #1 CB has to be priority 1 and I think our only path to that is hitting on one with our first rounder. Hopefully we can bring Lenny back too, and then we can focus on depth along OL, DL, secondary, and perhaps WR (as I’m thinking we lose Godwin after this year).
I'd love to take Zion Johnson in the 1st and be able to keep Hainsey as the backup interior OL guy and the heir apparent to Jensen.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

whistlepig777 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:34 pm The knocks on CD3 made no sense to me. He doesn't give you many highlight plays because most of the time he's got his guy covered and the opposing QB goes elsewhere with the ball.

That's exactly what you want from your #1 corner.
Penalties and some injury issues are the knocks on him but he's improved every year and has played some great games against some great wide outs.
Backside

Post by Backside »

Really need to lock up Whitehead now.

So underrated.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

The Outsider wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:35 pm
real bucs fan wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 4:55 pm
I'd love to take Zion Johnson in the 1st and be able to keep Hainsey as the backup interior OL guy and the heir apparent to Jensen.
Now that we have brought back Davis, I’m more open to that. Probably will wait until the FA dust settles before deciding who I’d target.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

real bucs fan wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:39 pm
The Outsider wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:35 pm

Now that we have brought back Davis, I’m more open to that. Probably will wait until the FA dust settles before deciding who I’d target.
I'm leaning offensive line or WR. I want Tom to have an embarrassment of riches again.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Draft offensive line ASAP. Brady's weapons don't mean shit if he's on his back

See: Chase is WIDE the fuck open on 4th down but Burrow is gonna die
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Former Giants’ TE Evan Engram intends to sign a one-year, fully-guaranteed $9 million deal that could go to $10 million with incentives with the Jacksonville Jaguars, per source.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Redrum wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:42 pm
I'm leaning offensive line or WR. I want Tom to have an embarrassment of riches again.
And running back
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Last year I wanted Elijah Moore but felt like too much invested at WR. We know how that turned out. If we don’t extend Godwin, might as well draft his replacement and give Brady a dynamic trio for another year.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Phantom wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:47 pm

And running back
I am the OG running back fan but I’m hoping we keep Lenny.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

real bucs fan wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:47 pm

Last year I wanted Elijah Moore but felt like too much invested at WR. We know how that turned out. If we don’t extend Godwin, might as well draft his replacement and give Brady a dynamic trio for another year.
Trevlon Burks or Jameson Williams?
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

I thought Carlton was a goner, this is amazing news.
real bucs fan

Post by real bucs fan »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:50 pm
real bucs fan wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 5:47 pm
Trevlon Burks or Jameson Williams?
Is Williams expected back for TC? I think if you go first round WR you get a guy you know will play this year. Part of the thought process is to give Brady a big 3 at WR.
TonyLip

Post by TonyLip »

CD3 ? Sign?
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Mar 14, 2022 6:00 pm I thought Carlton was a goner, this is amazing news.
Same thing I said. I gave up on CD3 after the Godwin tag.