Chest Of Gold- Bills

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Defense5599

Chest Of Gold- Bills

Post by Defense5599 »

Chest Of Gold to none other than Breshad Perriman. He snatched victory from the jaws of defeat. Honorable mention to Tom Brady for leading the team to victory when he was clearly off in the second half.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
King Bootz

Re: Chest Of Gold- Bills

Post by King Bootz »

Perriman. Evans. Godwin. Fournette. Of course.

But my big chest goes to Bills OC and his shitty game plan. He he been smart enough to commit to running the ball, this might be a different game. We had trouble defending their rushing attack and they got to it way too late. Sure it went to OT but we might've actually lost if they tried to run it earlier in the game. So thank you Brian Daboll.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I'll still give it to Tom Terrific. Not his best second half, but when the chips were down he out-thought them and pulled the throw-it-to-the-in-the-doghouse-WR play, which their very good pass D bought. Then he put it right in Perriman's hands, and for once Perriman became a hero rather than JAG.

At the end of the day, we won this game because we had Thomas Edward Patrick Brady Jr. behind center when the game was on the line and we had to score, that drive, because our D was well done by then. I'm not taking him for granted and passing the chest of gold to anyone else this week. He won't win offensive player of the week, Mahomes has that honor, but he did add another 300 yard game and his 700th career TD pass to his MVP application.
Last edited by Xandtar on Sun Dec 12, 2021 9:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

Perriman for the game winner.

Mike Evans for some clutch catches.

Donavan Smith for the huge block downfield to spring Lenny.
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

Brady running all over the Bills in the 1st Qtr had me fired up
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Cappa, Wirfs, Evans, Stuard (yeah, I fucking said it), Barrett, and White.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Xandtar wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:25 pm because our D was well done by then

We do have to credit the D for that OT stop. After spending the last half of the 4th quarter on the field, getting utterly demoralized and giving up the booty, then losing the coin toss and heading right back out there, they stood up.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Mike Evans had a great game, big catches and great acting when we needed it. I am not giving it to Tom this time around because we could have put that game away with some better throws in the second half. Also, can't take a sack there in the late 4th.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Kress wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:15 am
Xandtar wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:25 pm because our D was well done by then

We do have to credit the D for that OT stop. After spending the last half of the 4th quarter on the field, getting utterly demoralized and giving up the booty, then losing the coin toss and heading right back out there, they stood up.
I do credit them, they made one stop on the very last fumes in their tank. They did it when the game was about to be lost, and they prevented the loss. I just don't think they had another stop in them, and I don't think Tom did either. Not that he'd say anything like that, of course, he's very careful in his pressers.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Xandtar wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:15 am I just don't think they had another stop in them
Especially not after that punt. A 3-and-out from back there, or even giving it back after a measly first down, would have been game over.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Gonna go with the Front Seven. There were moments I felt like I was watching the Superbowl again with the way they were winning at the POA. If they play like that down the stretch, we're going to be a damn tough out.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

MJW wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:25 am Gonna go with the Front Seven. There were moments I felt like I was watching the Superbowl again with the way they were winning at the POA. If they play like that down the stretch, we're going to be a damn tough out.
They were non existent in the second half and got gashed by the run.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Defense5599 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:55 am
MJW wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:25 am Gonna go with the Front Seven. There were moments I felt like I was watching the Superbowl again with the way they were winning at the POA. If they play like that down the stretch, we're going to be a damn tough out.
The Bills adjusted to control for the fact they couldn't protect Allen. The "gashes" were due to timely runs against very, very light boxes.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

MJW wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:12 am

The Bills adjusted to control for the fact they couldn't protect Allen. The "gashes" were due to timely runs against very, very light boxes.
And where were the Bucs adjustments at halftime? That's why Arians got my Walk the Plank.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 12:12 am

That's very poor adjusting on our part then to squander a 21 point lead. They made getting back into the game easy. But it seems like you're suggesting we were fine with being 7 yards away from a 31-27 score with 22 seconds left.