Rapid Reactions Week 8

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Buc2

Re: Rapid Reactions Week 8

Post by Buc2 »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:06 pm
Buc2 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:54 pm Fuck off, dick.

Damn, girl. Get off my sack.
Don't tread on me
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I've come to realize that if Bootz can't be this way, he wouldnt wanna be here. If you can put that in your collective thoughts, someone with maturity can get by with out being bothered by it too much.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:32 pm
Miller4Prez64 wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:09 pm

Tbh, I’m okay with Brady doing that with fumbles. I’d rather turn the ball over in a regular season game than have our 44 year old QB at the bottom of a pile.
Yep. I basically said the same thing in the game day thread. I don't want my QB scumming for fumbled footballs. Live to fight another day.

His momentum was going (from being shoved) backwards, so it was never in the equation.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:33 pm I've come to realize that if Bootz can't be this way, he wouldnt wanna be here. If you can put that in your collective thoughts, someone with maturity can get by with out being bothered by it too much.
This way? You mean respond when people go out of the scope of the conversation and name call? Riiiiight, I'm the immature one for responding.
Dread

Post by Dread »

BLT wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:56 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Nov 01, 2021 11:35 pm

Why do you think a guy who’s been the #3 WR since AB has been out is never in or targeted in 2 WR sets?

Look at the Gardner-Johnson pick. He had time to go after the ball because of the half speed route Johnson ran. He was supposed to take the defender with him on the route and never got out of 1st gear.

Godwin lite he is not.
I definitely don't think he's a Godwin replacement. He's solid for a later round pick 4th WR yeah.
TJ isn't Chris Godwin, but I don't think people are comparing them and saying they are equals either. Atleast I haven't seen or interpreted any posts that way.

The point is somebody will most likely be replacing Chris Godwin's role as the big slot WR in BA's offense next season and TJ seems like the obvious candidate. So in that sense we get this discussion.

Godwin leaving will create a void for sure. But can increased roles for TJ, Scotty Miller, Darden mitigate that void? Imo that's the discussion/reality of 2022 as it pertains to Bucs WRs.

If Evans and AB are back, those 3 guys just need to fill roles. Which imo they can do.

But if the argument/question is 'Can Tyler Johnson do what Chris Godwin does at the same level or better?' I don't think anyone is arguing TJ is on that level.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Speaking of AB, why would giving a 34 year old WR coming off of an injury prone season a new contract be a top priority? And if it's without Godwin, it's an increased role no doubt.

The age of this roster is showing up in a big way this year. Let's not make it an even older, more expensive team.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Who does TJ remind you of as far grit and toughness>
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:15 am
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 10:55 am

Did I say that? If he did get a pass thrown to him in a two man set, he would be the very last option.
So a run (he blocks)
RB pass (he blocks)
TE Pass
Other TE pass
WR pass
TJ

Now if that is right, what I'm saying is break tradition and make TJ the first option or 2nd option sometimes. Being last would be cool to if our O-line protected better.

I want him to be #3 sometimes and #4 sometimes and not always be the last option. If he performs and they decide to throw to him in 2WR 2TE that will work too.

LIke I said every pass he has not caught was not catchable. Watched them all and his last one was his first drop.

He is not getting 2 target a game yet for his career. 22 games 39 targets.

When teams have 5 guys or more back we have to be able to get a look at all eligible players.
But you agree, he does play in 2 man sets, right? @nybf is making the case that he NEVER plays 2 man sets because he's the #3 WR right now.
I didn't say that
nybf

Post by nybf »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:49 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:35 pm Fans: "The league has become so soft! Might as well say you can't QBs anymore"

Also fans: "No way I want my QB going after a ball he fumbled. I'm okay with the turnover".

Don't you love it?
Oh, stfu. No one is saying that and you know it. Go back to your spat with @nybf, dipshit.
Spat? Bootz swallows.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

nybf wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 4:30 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 11:15 am

But you agree, he does play in 2 man sets, right? @nybf is making the case that he NEVER plays 2 man sets because he's the #3 WR right now.
I didn't say that
Oh?
nybf wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:34 am Because he's the #3. Even mdb can tell you #3 is not part of a 2 man set.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 8:43 am This isn't Madden. WRs rotate in and out much of the game. AB plays in a lot of our 2 man personnel packages. You know who else does/has this year? Tyler Johnson. And Jaelin Darden. I said Johnson has never been targeted in 2 man sets but he does play in them. Personnel groupings not based on the arbitrary numbers associated with how you rank them on the depth chart. Players actually get tired and OCs actually try to mix things up. Mike Evans and Chris Godwin are not the only WRs who play in our 2 man sets because they are the #1 and #2 WRs.
Very true, extra true if Godwin or Evans just caught a deep pass, since we use 2 WR sets a lot on first down.
King Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:35 pm Fans: "The league has become so soft! Might as well say you can't [hit] QBs anymore"

Also fans: "No way I want my QB going after a ball he fumbled. I'm okay with the turnover".

Don't you love it?
I assume you meant this. If so, I would rather my 44 year old QB not be lunging his hands and arms out with an defensive lineman diving for the ball. I don't care if you can't hit QBs anymore. That penalty was just a chest bump by Gholston, but that was a stupid thing to do. Also how that wasn't hands to the face for offsetting penalties, I just don't know.
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 1:38 pm His momentum was going (from being shoved) backwards, so it was never in the equation.
I rewatched it 3 times. He definitely made a business decision. He may not have been able to get the ball first, but he made zero effort and was basically sitting on his right ass cheek which was the side the ball was on.
King Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 2:13 pm Speaking of AB, why would giving a 34 year old WR coming off of an injury prone season a new contract be a top priority? And if it's without Godwin, it's an increased role no doubt.

The age of this roster is showing up in a big way this year. Let's not make it an even older, more expensive team.
Definitely is. Although, Suh has been playing okay. JPP is definitely looking old. McLendon, Minter, Ghoston, Cockrell, now we have Sherman and Desir. How many 30 year olds do you want on this team?

About keeping AB over Godwin. I certianly don't agree with it, but I can imagine Licht and Arians convincing themselves that it right move.
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Nov 02, 2021 12:38 am
You’ve been making a false equivalence between Godwin and some unknown defender at an unknown position for a while. Signing Godwin to a new deal does not equal missing out on this unknown
player that will likely never reach FA. Continuing to overpay aging veterans might. Continuing to push dead cap money into the future might. Godwin helps more than he hurts. Smart teams find a way to keep great young players.
There's opportunity cost to every decision. In the next two offseasons, we're looking at free agency for about 20 guys we'd like to keep.

Keeping Chris Godwin means not keeping someone else. Possibly multiple someone elses. Concretely and Directly. That's not "hypothetical" or a "false equivalence" of some kind. There's a salary cap. Every dollar you expend on Player X is one less dollar you can offer to Player Y. We have a whole alphabet's worth of guys who will be looking to get paid that we'd probably like to keep.

You want to argue that Chris Godwin should be a top priority in that group? That's a discussion.

You want to argue that the laws of economics don't apply, or even more curious, you want to try to explain them to me? Child please.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Really unhappy how this game played out, one of the most difficult loses ever for me.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 8:40 am Really unhappy how this game played out, one of the most difficult loses ever for me.
I'd say you must be new here, but we know that aint true.
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

I'm not sure where to begin with that embarrassing loss.

I'm done being a Devin White apologist. He needs to lose his green dot and made an example of. Arians instills zero discipline and there's zero accountability on the team. Taking White down a peg is a good start. He's just terrible and we're not getting any of the splash plays to make up for it. Now he's directly costing the team with knuckle dragging penalties. Inexcusable.

Lol @ Brady. So much for that game winning drive magic.

We should be the #1 seed heading into the buy, instead we're going to be in 2nd place in our own division.

What a disaster.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Welcome back! We really missed you while you were gone….😏
ATrain

Post by ATrain »

acmillis wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:03 am Welcome back! We really missed you while you were gone….😏
Someone has to keep it real around here
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

ATrain wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:05 am
acmillis wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 7:03 am Welcome back! We really missed you while you were gone….😏
Someone has to keep it real around here
If you keep it so real, then where is LUGZ? He's not as big of a bitch as you are
Al Bundy

Post by Al Bundy »

Devin White was the turd in the punch bowl.