Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2024 Schedule

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Bootz

Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2024 Schedule

Post by Bootz »

4 Primetime game this season

Most hated man in America.
Miller4Prez64

Re: Tampa Bay Buccaneers 2024 Schedule

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

MNF twice in three weeks is a shock to me.
Backside

Post by Backside »

If you're gonna rank schedules, this one kind of kicks ass.

Four primetime slots, we play a bunch of great, fun, interesting teams. We get to see how we stack up against the best of the best, back to back no less, and on a short week. And follow that up with a perfectly placed bye week. We end on a nice stretch of very winnable games. And it doesn't get much bigger than SNF against the Cowboys in week 16.

Consider me pleased and excited.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

I love finishing the year at home against 2 division opponents. If it's close we have a chance to again control our destiny.
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Wow didn’t see 4 primetime games coming!

That stretch from Philly to the Bye is roooouuugh! Thank god for the later bye
Deja Entendu

Post by Deja Entendu »

Also, Hyundai Club are $500+ at face now?? F that noise.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

On paper, ESPN MNF schedule looks Uber boring.
These Are The Days

Post by These Are The Days »

I am genuinely surprised to the level of regard we're getting. Twice on MNF? That's what I'd expect for like a 5 win Giants team or any given season with Dallas. Nevermind a Bucs team that's maybe decent at best.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

IF we make it to the bye week at .500, I like our chances.
GreatTimes

Post by GreatTimes »

Rocker wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:54 pm IF we make it to the bye week at .500, I like our chances.
To go into the bye with a 5-5 record the Bucs most likely would have to defeat Washington, Denver, Atlanta twice and New Orleans.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

What a fantastic schedule.

We get our rematch right on week 2. Lots of really great tests, including a hell of a gauntlet right before the bye week.

Lots of great data and tape to take into the bye to do our final retooling as we prepare to be the best we can be for winter.

Got a great test against a favored Cowboys before back to back divisional games where we likely control our own destiny.

I'm shocked.
Snake

Post by Snake »

8-9. If the Saints are markedly better, 7-10.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

The prime time games, both in quality and quantity, are the best I've ever seen as a Bucs fan.

I wish the Lions or Eagles games were the TNF matchup or an additional prime time game.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

GreatTimes wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 10:45 pm
Rocker wrote: Wed May 15, 2024 9:54 pm IF we make it to the bye week at .500, I like our chances.
To go into the bye with a 5-5 record the Bucs most likely would have to defeat Washington, Denver, Atlanta twice and New Orleans.
Already counting the other 5 as losses? Why are we such a whipped fanbase?
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

That's referred to as a realistic prediction.
Kress

Post by Kress »

This may be heading toward the new normal - the amount of prime time games, I mean. The league plays 9 days per week, so it's not like the old days where a coveted Monday night slot was a rare treat. Just taking a quick glance, Atlanta and NO both have 3 prime time games, as well.

As for this schedule, I love it. Tough as hell, sure, but that's also one of those things you can just never predict. The Giants could end up awesome, and Mahomes could retire to dance backup for TayTay. You never know. But as of now, on paper, it looks tough, balanced, and has a nice finish with the first well-placed bye in recent memory (then again, still another thing hard to predict - I remember one year we had it super early and ended up needing it because in the first few games our guys were dropping like flies).
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Phantom wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:14 am That's referred to as a realistic prediction.
None of those teams are unbeatable powerhouses. We've struggled against SF, but they had their share of bad games last year. Baltimore has always been tough for us. But, you never know. The Jets were a Super Bowl contender last year until about 4 plays into the season. Anything can happen.

Not saying 5-5 isn't realistic. In fact, I think we'd be pretty happy with that if we could sign up for it right now.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

We will be 6-0 for our first MNF game you heard it here first
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

The NFL did not do us any favors. I think we start 2-1, and could legitimately lose every game after that until the bye week. Ugh.

If we were @ the Giants W4 (instead of home vs the Eagles), then home vs ATL on the short week, I think we could've won both and be 4-1 after 5 games. But, I think we lose to Philly, then lose a short week at ATL. :df

Going back and looking at the Falcons schedule, they may not have totally done us dirty. I don't think the Falcons are on the level of the Eagles, Chiefs, or Dallas, and they play all 3 of them before their bye week. That, plus a split w/ us and New Orleans, they may be 6-5 at their bye week and we could still be in it at that point. Though, their schedule is so soft after that with home games vs the Chargers, Giants, and Panthers and road games at Minnesota, Carolina, and Vegas, they may finish 11-6 or 12-5.

The Saints are similar where they get the Eagles, Chiefs, Chargers and Cowboys early, and a split w/ATL , they may be 6-5 as well, at their bye week. I don't think they're as good as Atlanta, so I think their ceiling is 11 wins, but probably he around 9 or 10. They don't play in Tampa until W18, so that's why I have them at 6-5 as well.

So if we can beat Washington, Denver, ATL, and the Giants, after 11 games, we may only be 2 games behind ATL and NOR. The biggest issue we're going to have in the back half is that we go to Dallas and I don't think we win in LA vs the Chargers. I have us losing home against the Saints in the last week only because I think that the game will mean nothing to us and just think the Saints could be playing for a playoff spot and win.
Kress

Post by Kress »

To me, the 9/10/11/whatever wins consideration is not all that important. We are in a middling division, with three pretty evenly matched middling teams at the top of it. I don't see any wild cards in anyone's future around here. It will once again be about winning this division, regardless of how many wins that takes.
Jonny

Post by Jonny »

How we perform against the Lions and Eagles will tell us a lot about the progression of this team. We beat the eagles handily during their downward spiral with an AJ Brown that didn't suit up for the game. Eagles and Lions have two of the most talented rosters in all of NFL and we should at worst compete down to the wire even in a loss. If that happens, I will be hopeful that this team has progressed. Outside of some improvement in O-line, I don't expect a big change to our offense or secondary play. Our pass rush is the true x-factor that will determine our fate this year.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

All we have to do to beat the Eagles is design routes for Rachaad White and Cade Otton right at wherever 45's assignment is supposed to be.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Kress wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:04 am This may be heading toward the new normal - the amount of prime time games, I mean. The league plays 9 days per week, so it's not like the old days where a coveted Monday night slot was a rare treat. Just taking a quick glance, Atlanta and NO both have 3 prime time games, as well.
They stole prime time games from the Panthers who have none this year
Kress

Post by Kress »

kaimaru wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 3:40 pm
Kress wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 9:04 am This may be heading toward the new normal - the amount of prime time games, I mean. The league plays 9 days per week, so it's not like the old days where a coveted Monday night slot was a rare treat. Just taking a quick glance, Atlanta and NO both have 3 prime time games, as well.
They stole prime time games from the Panthers who have none this year
Because everyone knows all their games are must-see-tv, no matter when they are on.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Grahamburn wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:12 pm All we have to do to beat the Eagles is design routes for Rachaad White and Cade Otton right at wherever 45's assignment is supposed to be.
Similarly all they'd have to do is design routes for Saquon & Dallas at wherever 52's assignment is supposed to be.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:15 pm
Grahamburn wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 1:12 pm All we have to do to beat the Eagles is design routes for Rachaad White and Cade Otton right at wherever 45's assignment is supposed to be.
Similarly all they'd have to do is design routes for Saquon & Dallas at wherever 52's assignment is supposed to be.
You really really hate KJ Britt. Did he do donuts in your front yard or something?
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:31 pm

You really really hate KJ Britt. Did he do donuts in your front yard or something?
You didn't at all address what I said. I can only assume you don't like what I said but you know it to be true. Otherwise you wouldn't have tried to make it personal.
Onthebrink

Post by Onthebrink »

DW was terrible at defending the run but was pretty good against the pass last year especially when he was only playing in passing downs. Other teams had a passer rating of 65.5 against DW last season. He gave up more than 25 yards passing only once in a game. During his role as playing off of the bench and primarily passing downs he had a PFF coverage grade of 90.2. They should be making DW pay in the running game where he is one of the worst LB's in the league.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Bootz wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:44 pm
kaimaru wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 4:31 pm

You didn't at all address what I said. I can only assume you don't like what I said but you know it to be true. Otherwise you wouldn't have tried to make it personal.
If there is anyone you call out on the defense, it seems to be KJ Britt when we had a lot of bad players on defense including Devon White. I didn't think you were asking for a response since you keep reminding people of his lack of speed. The thing is that he is a classic thumping MLB who does in fact lack speed. But he is very assignment sound and considering how much we play zone, that lack of speed won't hurt him there. I agree if we ask him to cover faster backs or tight ends then he will be a bad fit
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

If Britt in in man coverage, then that's more an indictment on Bowles and the coaching staff than it is on Britt.

There's ways to mitigate a slower but more competent inside linebacker. More zone coverage in general, onfield checks vs certain looks, etc. Perhaps easiest; take Britt off the field on third down if he can't handle the associated duties. Ain't no shame in being a two-down linebacker.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

What game do the bucs wear throwback uniforms? Falcons? Saints?
Obsolete

Post by Obsolete »

Phantom wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:05 pm What game do the bucs wear throwback uniforms? Falcons? Saints?
Maybe Lions.

Edit: nevermind, just noticed they were at the lions.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Phantom wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 7:05 pm What game do the bucs wear throwback uniforms? Falcons? Saints?
We're going to wear them week 14 vs the Raiders
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Cheb wrote: Thu May 16, 2024 6:55 pm

If Britt in in man coverage, then that's more an indictment on Bowles and the coaching staff than it is on Britt.

There's ways to mitigate a slower but more competent inside linebacker. More zone coverage in general, onfield checks vs certain looks, etc. Perhaps easiest; take Britt off the field on third down if he can't handle the associated duties. Ain't no shame in being a two-down linebacker.
I'd like to know why they are so stuck on Watts playing outside linebacker. Plus they seem to like DeLoach and Grier.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

11 of our 16 linebackers have almost zero history with us.