Bucs Have Five Pro Bowlers This Year

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Cheb

Bucs Have Five Pro Bowlers This Year

Post by Cheb »

Tom Brady, Ryan Jensen, Ali Market, Tristan Wirfs, and Shaq Barrett all made the Pro Bowl. All of the offensive linemen make their first Pro Bowl, Shaq his second, and Brady his record 15th. Congrats all around.

We also have eight alternates; Mike Evans, Devin White, and Antoine Winfield Jr are first alternates; Alex Cappa, Leonard Fournette, Chris Godwin, Rob Gronkowski, and Vita Vea are all second alternates.

Is that the most Pro Bowlers and alternates in team history? I wouldn't be shocked if it were.
kaimaru

Re: Bucs Have Five Pro Bowlers This Year

Post by kaimaru »

Congrats to all of them. I think Donovan Smith's past is the reason he didn't get on the list the way he has been playing this year.
Snake

Post by Snake »

No LVD…ugh, but I guess he’s already missed a couple games and more to come.

Happy for all others.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Ali Marpet.
MJW

Post by MJW »

kaimaru wrote: Wed Dec 22, 2021 9:52 pm Congrats to all of them. I think Donovan Smith's past is the reason he didn't get on the list the way he has been playing this year.
He's definitely improved, but he's still good for one bad hold and/or one bad pressure/sack nearly every week. The pendulum swung way too far from "Donovan Smith can't play at all" to "Donovan Smith is a stud." Reality is somewhere in the middle.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
MJW

Post by MJW »

Also, Gronk missed half the season and Cappa is a solid, unspectacular player.

Jensen is what he's always been - a really good pass blocker and a really mediocre POA run blocker who hurts us at least once or twice a season by losing his shit after the whistle.

Brady, Godwin, Wirfs, Marpet, Vea, LVD, and Winfield should have made it, and you can talk me into Shaq. Not sure anyone else should have on our roster. But good for the guys who did.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

MJW wrote: Thu Dec 23, 2021 12:28 am
Brady, Godwin, Wirfs, Marpet, Vea, LVD, and Winfield should have made it, and you can talk me into Shaq. Not sure anyone else should have on our roster. But good for the guys who did.
I'd have put LVD in there before Wirfs. And Lenny should be too, considering you included Godwin after his unfortunate season ending status as well.
Push the damned button already!