NO @ TB Week 15 Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
mdb1958

NO @ TB Week 15 Discussion

Post by mdb1958 »

Saints snapped their 5 game losing streak by beating the Jets, now it's time to see if they think they still own us.
Doooshnzl

Re: NO @ TB Week 15 Discussion

Post by Doooshnzl »

Can the Saints pull a Belichik move out they ass and run Kamara and Hill 75% of the time, passing rarely? TH has a bunged up finger and can’t really throw with a good hand so their pass game should be controllable. Aints are gonna try to feast on the run.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Over the last 3 games we've given up 401 yards on 62 carries. That's 133 yards per game and 6.5 yards per rush.

Our defense better damn well believe Hill, Kamara, and Ingram are gonna be running it early and often. Hopefully we're ready for it.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:26 pm Over the last 3 games we've given up 401 yards on 62 carries. That's 133 yards per game and 6.5 yards per rush.

Our defense better damn well believe Hill, Kamara, and Ingram are gonna be running it early and often. Hopefully we're ready for it.
And there is a repressed story behind it that will take a while to come out.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:03 pm
King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 8:26 pm Over the last 3 games we've given up 401 yards on 62 carries. That's 133 yards per game and 6.5 yards per rush.

And there is a repressed story behind it that will take a while to come out.
What is it
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Yet the Bucs are 3-0 in those games (2 road wins), w/ +26 pt diff. & a +4 TO diff. And a whopping -5.75 min. combined TOP diff.

W + W + W >>> all other stats
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

AJPG wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:27 pm

Yet the Bucs are 3-0 in those games (2 road wins), w/ +26 pt diff. & a +4 TO diff. And a whopping -5.75 min. combined TOP diff.

I'm getting annoyed with these pesky casuals too stupid to understand any type of football analysis other than "we won, nothing else matters". You wanna be a simpleton and stay on that ship? You can fuck off my posts and wait until Sundays to appear. Otherwise get off my dick here. This discussion isn't for you, so don't bother.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

My issue is abandoning the run. The Bills run defense is shit, and aside from that one long run by Lombardi Lenny, not much of a running effort.

Need to run more, no question about it.

This is the only loseable game this team has left. They win this, they will run the table.
2022 BucZone Survivor League Champion
2022 BZ Bounce Back Survivor League Champion
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Not a good running defense.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:49 pm My issue is abandoning the run. The Bills run defense is shit, and aside from that one long run by Lombardi Lenny, not much of a running effort.

This is the only loseable game this team has left. They win this, they will run the table.
I have always thought our offense lives by the pass while sprinkling in the run. The success running usually comes after our scoring has beaten the fight out of them. I'd also add that our offense not putting together good drives actually hurts our defense.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:31 pm
AJPG wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:27 pm

I'm getting annoyed with these pesky casuals too stupid to understand any type of football analysis other than "we won, nothing else matters". You wanna be a simpleton and stay on that ship? You can fuck off my posts and wait until Sundays to appear. Otherwise get off my dick here. This discussion isn't for you, so don't bother.
Lmao
Why so triggered? I like your medical advice more than your football analysis. Oh yea, GFY prima dona.
Hahahahaha
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Defense5599 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 9:49 pm My issue is abandoning the run. The Bills run defense is shit, and aside from that one long run by Lombardi Lenny, not much of a running effort.

There was about a 60-40 pass to run ratio. Not sure how that's abandoning the run.
Redrum

Post by Redrum »

I think the Saints will be one dimemsional on offense. Hill and that group of pass catchers should struggle mightily if you force them into 3rd and long consistently. If the Bucs can't take it to them this time that will be very disappointing.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

@King Bootz Last week Arians admitted they were playing for the pass in the second half. Thus all the second half rushing yards. Since the Bills rushed zero times (other than Allen) in the first half, I am sure we did the same in this last game. Do you really think that Hill and Kamara rushing from the first play we aren't hunkering down for run after run? I think you will see a completely different run defense with White and LVD going downhill.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

mdb1958 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:03 pm

I have always thought our offense lives by the pass while sprinkling in the run. The success running usually comes after our scoring has beaten the fight out of them. I'd also add that our offense not putting together good drives actually hurts our defense.
I'd agree with this.

We are a finesse pass-first offense, and currently lead the NFL in points per game, yards per game, passing touchdowns, and passing yards, so apparently it's working.

I would like it if we had more balance and a better run game, but at this point it's about making the most of our opportunities. Which is a wiser use of limited touches, handing it off to Fournette for what is on average about four-ish yards, or letting our GOAT quarterback deliver an accurate strike to the greatest embarrassment of offensive riches the modern NFL has ever seen?

I adore the run game, always have and always will, but you'd be stupid to NOT have a skewed run-pass ratio.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Cheb wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:29 am I would like it if we had more balance and a better run game
You do realize with 4 games left that Fournette is 222 yards from 1000 rushing yards. That's not even counting ROJOs caries or jet sweeps (or QB sneaks. Props to Brady 17 yards). You act like we don't run the ball at all. We run enough to support the pass. That's all I care about.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:24 am @King Bootz Last week Arians admitted they were playing for the pass in the second half. Thus all the second half rushing yards. Since the Bills rushed zero times (other than Allen) in the first half, I am sure we did the same in this last game. Do you really think that Hill and Kamara rushing from the first play we aren't hunkering down for run after run? I think you will see a completely different run defense with White and LVD going downhill.
This season blocking has gone after White and LVD with a passion.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Cheb wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:29 am
mdb1958 wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 10:03 pm

I'd agree with this.

We are a finesse pass-first offense, and currently lead the NFL in points per game, yards per game, passing touchdowns, and passing yards, so apparently it's working.

I would like it if we had more balance and a better run game, but at this point it's about making the most of our opportunities. Which is a wiser use of limited touches, handing it off to Fournette for what is on average about four-ish yards, or letting our GOAT quarterback deliver an accurate strike to the greatest embarrassment of offensive riches the modern NFL has ever seen?

I adore the run game, always have and always will, but you'd be stupid to NOT have a skewed run-pass ratio.

Some may not like this but I think using Bernard for 33 plays helped us lose to the Rams.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

What game was it where JPP was first injured
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Does anyone have a link for 3 and outs, for and against? I really like to see how we stack up to the league leaders.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

kaimaru wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:24 am @King Bootz Last week Arians admitted they were playing for the pass in the second half. Thus all the second half rushing yards. Since the Bills rushed zero times (other than Allen) in the first half, I am sure we did the same in this last game. Do you really think that Hill and Kamara rushing from the first play we aren't hunkering down for run after run? I think you will see a completely different run defense with White and LVD going downhill.
I sure as hell hope we take a different approach than the one we took in New Orleans on Halloween. They ran it 32 times for 152 that game.

That said it's clear you didn't watch the Atlanta game. They ran 3 times for 63 yards and a TD on their 1st drive of the game. Not sure what exactly you're talking about when you say "they were playing for the pass".

I also doubt the game plan in the 2nd half against Buffalo was to let them get what they wanted on the ground and push the game to OT. If you can find a BA quote with him admitting the plan was to allow them to score and move the ball at will on the ground, I'm willing to see it.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

I am nervous about this game. The Saints seem to have the Buccaneers number. I certainly hope the coaching staff will be better prepared but I have my doubts that they are up to the task. With Kamara back and our run defense being more like a cheese grater than road grader recently that makes me nervous.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Bucs D held Kamara to 60yds and a 3.2yd average but still allowed 152yds rushing.

So the Saints had a nice variety in the run game.

Same with the pass where the leading receiver had 38yds but they had 5 different guys with over 30.

Without #11 Deonte Harris the Saints offense is missing an explosive element in the passing game.

The defense needs to attack the LoS and short passing game while keeping Taysom Hill in the pocket.

Treat him like Cam, Justin Fields, Jalen Hurts, etc and force him to make plays downfield from the pocket to that group of receivers.
Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

Watching the game last night is concerning me that these top teams are just more physical than we are right now. The Falcons punched us in the teeth and the Bills did too once they adjusted their plan. I know we haven't been healthy, so maybe that is a contributor, but we won the SB by being nasty, and I'm not seeing that consistently right now.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Buccabeer wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:10 pm Watching the game last night is concerning me that these top teams are just more physical than we are right now. The Falcons punched us in the teeth and the Bills did too once they adjusted their plan. I know we haven't been healthy, so maybe that is a contributor, but we won the SB by being nasty, and I'm not seeing that consistently right now.
I disagree teams have been more physical at the LoS. Our Oline rarely lets Brady get hit and consistently provides good pockets for him to work in and while we don't run it often as some out prefer, we are very efficient when we do, which is a reflection of our Oline.

On defense we still aren't getting pushed off the ball between the tackles, but I agree the edges have been soft which has been the big difference between this years run D and the past couple.

Usually we see the EDGE set in run D allowing plays to be strung out where White and LVD clean up. We're getting blocked more on those plays resulting in some gashes.

Our run defense is still really good when we anticipate run on short yardage situations. We're just getting out schemed on some 1st and 2nd down runs like we haven't before.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Everyone talking us about stopping the middle of the pack Saints offense ignoring the true root of why we lose to them: their defense

Saints defense is the antithesis of our style of offense
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Sdbucs wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:37 pm Everyone talking us about stopping the middle of the pack Saints offense ignoring the true root of why we lose to them: their defense

Brady had 375 yds at 70% w/ 4 TDs.
It was the 3 TOs and D not being able to stop the run that killed us.
That won't happen at home.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Godwin now #2 in the league for YAC. Does he end up passing Kuup?
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Buccabeer wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:10 pm Watching the game last night is concerning me that these top teams are just more physical than we are right now. The Falcons punched us in the teeth and the Bills did too once they adjusted their plan. I know we haven't been healthy, so maybe that is a contributor, but we won the SB by being nasty, and I'm not seeing that consistently right now.
The Falcons put together two good drives in that entire game and I think the defense was just surprised by the Bills actually handing the ball off a couple times. It’s not like they went heavy and smashed us. They ran a couple draws against light boxes and gashed us.

They shouldn’t be surprised by the run this week.
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

AJPG wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:19 am
Sdbucs wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:37 pm Everyone talking us about stopping the middle of the pack Saints offense ignoring the true root of why we lose to them: their defense

It did last year. Last I checked, they beat us to death on Sunday night in the rain.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

That's kind of the point though.

The 4 TDs and 375 yards get negated by Brady turning the ball over 3 times. In a 9 point game the Saints scored 17 points off turnovers. When you have a defense that can set the tone by creating turnovers the way New Orleans has in 3 of the 4 games against Brady over the last 2 seasons, it presents issues. We will have to be better at protecting the football.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Defense5599 wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:01 am
It did last year. Last I checked, they beat us to death on Sunday night in the rain.
So you're picking the Saints to win Sunday night?
Defense5599

Post by Defense5599 »

Dread wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:44 am

So you're picking the Saints to win Sunday night?
Let's just say I've got the Bucs picked to win in Pick Em, but the confidence points are at the low end of the scale.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Different Saints team than last year.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

It is really as simple as this. In this rivalry, the team that wins the turnover battle wins the game. Unfortunately in 3 of the last 4 games vs Saints we've lost the turnover battle and as a result are 1-3. Forget the stats. Forget who's playing and who's not. Protect the football, we win this game. Don't, we won't.