All 22 vs Bills

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Nobody

All 22 vs Bills

Post by Nobody »

Trying to figure out what to look at this week.

1) Brady was fantastic in the 1st half and OT. Poor 2nd half.

2) OL and Godwin were absolutely dominant in the run game, but Fournette also forced 3 missed tackles and was at 4.74 Yards After Contact.

3) Shaq was dominant in Pass Rush.

4) LVD had a great all-around game.

5) White had a lot of trouble in the run game but had a good game in Pass Rush and looked like he had a sound game in Coverage.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Thinking:

1) 1 key good snap (1st half) and 1 key bad snap (2nd half) for Brady.

2) 1 key snap for run game featuring all 3 of those constituent parts.

3) 1 key Pass Rush Win for Shaq.

4) 1 Key good snap for LVD.

5) 1 key good snap in Coverage for White (I think we know the good pass rush/blitz plays) and 1 key bad snap in the Run game.
acmillis

Re: All 22 vs Bills

Post by acmillis »

There was a screen play where all of the OL except for Smith were out there blocking, while smith is in the background of the TV eating a sandwich. Is that a one play problem, or is Smith just bad/lazy on screen plays?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

There was a quick out behind the LOS to Godwin where I thought he was going to get crushed. Next thing you know, he goes for 12 yards. Looking at the highlight video, it was just a fantastic job of blocking. Gronk kicked out and had a monster block at the LOS that really got the play going or it would have ended right there. Smith had a great block at the next level on the LB (#49). Johnson did his part blocking the corner (#39) on the outside and Jensen got to Poyer (#23) out front. If someone could have gotten to the safety (#23) coming from the other side, that play may have turned into a TD.

Go to the 5:38 mark...
Don't tread on me
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:04 am There was a screen play where all of the OL except for Smith were out there blocking, while smith is in the background of the TV eating a sandwich. Is that a one play problem, or is Smith just bad/lazy on screen plays?
Is this the Middle Screen on the opening drive after Jensen's "oops?" If so, Smith was doing his job there (he's meant to vertical set to get the Edge rusher up the field).

If not, do you know which play it is? Timestamp or something?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 10:55 am There was a quick out behind the LOS to Godwin where I thought he was going to get crushed. Next thing you know, he goes for 12 yards. Looking at the highlight video, it was just a fantastic job of blocking. Gronk kicked out and had a monster block at the LOS that really got the play going or it would have ended right there. Smith had a great block at the next level on the LB (#49). Johnson did his part blocking the corner (#39) on the outside and Jensen got to Poyer (#23) out front. If someone could have gotten to the safety (#23) coming from the other side, that play may have turned into a TD.

Go to the 5:38 mark...
Good find and good breakdown.

So, whenever people see me refer to "Tunnel Screen," this is it. A Tunnel Screen is when the (typically) boundary Receiver comes back inside under climbing OL/TE w/ a Slot receiver replacing him (eg attacking Godwin's man) like TJ does here.

We run a myriad of Screens (Smoke, Bubble, Tunnel, Middle, TB Slip, TE Slip/Middle/Throwback), but Tunnel is probably our highest %. At this point, we execute them as well as they're executed around the league (once upon a time they were often train-wrecks).

It doesn't hurt when you have a massive tackle-breaker at the WR position like Godwin (and AB).
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Alright, tape has dropped.

First...Good Tom.

This is the TD to Mike. People were raving about the catch. Mike climbs the ladder here and comes down with it, but this isn't a play that I would expect a lot of variance on with him. I would expect him to make this play. This is exactly the sort of play his skillset is built to make (and he makes them). I mean...incredible play...but this is just Mike being Mike. This is less of a difficult catch in my opinion than it is a read of coverage, leverage relationships, anticipation, and just stupidly good ball placement/trajectory/velocity.

chrome-capture (19).gif

They're playing a combo coverage but Match Quarters at the bottom against the Wide Bunch. We run a Rubbed Smash concept w/ Mike on a Corner over a Quickout (with a Quick Slant under it). The Safety has # 3 (Mike) if he declares vertical (he does) in MQ. The Quickout is designed to give the two underneath defenders (who would match # 1/2 verts or sit on/bracket Out/Hitch from 1 or 2 and pass-off their guys and sink if their responsibility runs an Under) something to process so they can't get depth under Mike's Corner. It works well enough.

They run a game and we actually don't handle it well (not a good rep from DSmith who gets pulled inside and can't pick up the iDL coming around) causing pressure as Brady is anticipating this throw before Mike comes out of his break. He's going to get hit so he just has to stare down the barrel and make this throw.

The Safety doesn't play this poorly at all. This is an enormously hard cover here. He actually undercuts the route and a throw that isn't an absolute dime in that window with that kind of velocity gets either broken up or picked. This is enormously quick processing of coverage, leverage, and window requirements...then actual execution of the throw...despite a mishandled game that leads to a free iDL coming downhill on Brady.

Hell of a play. Not a lot of QBs put this whole thing together.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Nobody wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:50 pm
acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:04 am There was a screen play where all of the OL except for Smith were out there blocking, while smith is in the background of the TV eating a sandwich. Is that a one play problem, or is Smith just bad/lazy on screen plays?
Is this the Middle Screen on the opening drive after Jensen's "oops?" If so, Smith was doing his job there (he's meant to vertical set to get the Edge rusher up the field).

1:50 left in Q2
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

I'm more interested on how we were toast again and again and again when they threw short passes to our extreme right and left and then did YAC,for gains again and again of 4 yards, 6 yards, 9 yards. Was it really that they were just that good at that part of the game or did we suck?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

acmillis wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:06 pm
Nobody wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 1:50 pm

1:50 left in Q2
Play-action, TE Screen against Match Quarters.

chrome-capture (21).gif

I'm not going to call this a loaf but I can certainly see where your head is at. But he does throttle down, gets high, and loses his angle. Sometimes guys throttle down, break down/get high because they're trying to square someone up in space and they aren't confident (of their angle or their movement skills). Sometimes they do it because they're rationing their gas tank.

This looks to me like DSmith just wasn't aggressive enough and he let the DB dictate the angle making Smith lose it despite a good setup (Buffalo DBs are excellent). If I was scoring this for PFF, I'm giving it +1 DB and -1 Smith. This was still a play win for us, but they were at least set up to generate a stalemate (honestly, Smith probably had the better end of it to start due to execution vs defensive call) between the two of them (0 apiece or "as expected") and the DB got the better of Smith (getting Gronk stalled outside-in leverage and letting the Fill/Spill rally to make the tackle).

Smith got a piece, but couldn't kick out the DB enough to prevent the DB making contact and playing sufficient Force defense to get the ball back to Fill/Spill defenders.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Xandtar wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 9:20 pm I'm more interested on how we were toast again and again and again when they threw short passes to our extreme right and left and then did YAC,for gains again and again of 4 yards, 6 yards, 9 yards. Was it really that they were just that good at that part of the game or did we suck?
You have a drive in mind (late 3Q?) or is this spread throughout?
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Looking back on the film, it wasn't always always passes, a lot of the time the runs broke outside and we couldn't contain. But if I wanted to ask about one play it would be 4th quarter, 8:04 to go, 2nd and 10. How in the world do we give a cushion a mile deep to someone who gets them 9 yards almost without effort? Was it just a great play call with great execution or did we screw up big time on that play?
Last edited by Xandtar on Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Xandtar wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:17 pm I don't that's an impression I had late in the game, if they needed six yards, throw sideways and the YAC got it so damn often... (shrug)
I’ll check those plays later for coverage/blitz/responsibility.

I think they got us on the blitz repeatedly on those situations.
Xandtar

Post by Xandtar »

Ah, I spent some time looking please check out 4th quarter, 8:04 to go. Thanks
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Xandtar wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 pm Ah, I spent some time looking please check out 4th quarter, 8:04 to go. Thanks
This is on Cockrell. We play a lot 2 Zone Cloud like we do here.

chrome-capture (23).gif

Notice Winfield roll to deep half and SMB roll to the other deep half from Off coverage. Watch the LBers (no one is playing Man). This means on Cockrell (NCB over slot) needs to jam as LVD rolls over that Slot to play his Seam/Hook and get out to Flat immediately. Cockrell is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay late so the boundary Hitch is wide open.

We play a fair amount of 2 Cloud or Inverted 2 Zone (or either of these with Tampa 2 where LVD or White are running the Deep Hole). When you see this sort of easy pitch-and-catch, there is a fair chance its a 2 Cloud call and its played poorly on the Cloud side (either/or/both the boundary CB is rolling to deep half too hard/soon and giving the coverage away with the NCB not getting out to Flat and taking that Hitch/Smoke/Quickout away).
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

Nobody wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:33 am
Xandtar wrote: Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 pm Ah, I spent some time looking please check out 4th quarter, 8:04 to go. Thanks

chrome-capture (23).gif

Notice Winfield roll to deep half and SMB roll to the other deep half from Off coverage. Watch the LBers (no one is playing Man). This means on Cockrell (NCB over slot) needs to jam as LVD rolls over that Slot to play his Seam/Hook and get out to Flat immediately. Cockrell is waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay late so the boundary Hitch is wide open.

We play a fair amount of 2 Cloud or Inverted 2 Zone (or either of these with Tampa 2 where LVD or White are running the Deep Hole). When you see this sort of easy pitch-and-catch, there is a fair chance its a 2 Cloud call and its played poorly on the Cloud side (either/or/both the boundary CB is rolling to deep half too hard/soon and giving the coverage away with the NCB not getting out to Flat and taking that Hitch/Smoke/Quickout away).
Doesn't Cockrell get picked? Looks like a good play design by the O.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

FYI - I just checked the crucial double penalty on our converted 3rd and 6 where DSmith was called for Holding (of which it clearly wasn't). Milano's Holding penalty was as legit as it gets (literally a bear hug of receiver at the route stem...easy Holding call). If they call that play right (no Offensive Holding and Defensive Holding declined with 3rd and 6 conversion), there is a very solid chance the game is salted away.

Here is BAD BRADY (2nd half). Its 24-10 with 5 and change left in the 3rd. A score here ends the game. This is right after a beautifully thrown Corner route to Gronk against tight coverage that went off Gronk's fingertips. Brady has to make this throw all day.

chrome-capture (25).gif

They're blitzing and playing 3 Zone behind. We've got Godwin and Brate on a Dig + Arrow > Sit combo against the bailing Edge and NCB who are responsible for Seam/Hook and Flat respectively. The route combo frees up Godwin's Dig and he's as wide open as it gets in the NFL. Brady just buries this throw.

Huge play and Brady was surely not please.
AJPG

Post by AJPG »

I think that's the play Romo commented was the worse throw by Brady of the game.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

AJPG wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:39 am

chrome-capture (23).gif

Doesn't Cockrell get picked? Looks like a good play design by the O.
Yes. You can see the outside receiver came into his space immediately to block him.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

This was a good read...
B.P. Big Play Breakdown | A Next Gen Look at Bills-Bucs
Tom Brady had outstanding protection on the final play of the Bucs' overtime win over Buffalo and Breshad Perriman ran faster than ever to take it all the way to the house
Dec 14, 2021 at 08:00 AM
Scott Smith
Senior Writer/Editor

Breshad Perriman's teammates call him 'B.P.' Here's one of many examples from the postgame press conferences following the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' 33-27 overtime victory over the Buffalo Bills:

"Once I saw him in the open field, I was 'Go B.P.! Run!' and he did," said Tom Brady.

The reason for the nickname is obvious, of course, but after Sunday's white-knuckle win, that abbreviation may have a double meaning. Just call him 'Big Play' Breshad Perriman. BP2.

Perriman's biggest play of the season, most likely of his NFL career, came with just over five minutes left in overtime, after the Buccaneers had left a 24-3 halftime lead devolve into a 27-27 tie at the end of regulation. Tampa Bay's defense got a huge three-and-out to start the extra period but Bills punter Matt Haack boomed a 63-yard kick that went out of bounds at the home team's six-yard line. That put the Buccaneers 94 yards away from the opposite end zone, although at that point a field goal would have won the game.

A field goal would not prove necessary on this fine evening. The Buccaneers got to their own 42 with a combination of a couple Leonard Fournette runs, a timely defensive pass interference flag and a very nice run-after-the-catch by Rob Gronkowski on a second-and-17. That made it third-and-three and the Bucs needed a first down in order to avoid the tough decision of going for it on fourth down near midfield.

Well, the Buccaneers got that first down…and much more. Perriman ran a crossing route from left to right and ended up with a coverage mismatch against linebacker Tremaine Edmunds. Brady hit Perriman in stride and the receiver turned upfield and accelerated 58 yards to the end zone. The Bucs and the home crowd then celebrated a 33-27 walk-off win on just the second overtime touchdown in franchise history.

Let's take a closer look at how that play unfolded with the help of NFL Next Gen Stats.

The first thing to note is that NGS gave the Buccaneers a 56.1% win probability before that play and that the play itself had an expected points added of 1.09. Obviously, that win probability shot up to 100% by the time Perriman was in the end zone, and the play itself had resulted in six points. That added win probability of 43.9% and expected points added figure of 5.91 make Perriman's score one of the most impactful of Tampa Bay's entire season.

The second thing to note is that it took excellent protection from the Buccaneers' offensive line, with some help from running back Leonard Fournette. Brady came into the game averaging 2.51 seconds from the snap to the throw, third-fastest in the league and the fastest for him since NGS started tracking in 2016. On this play, however, he held onto the ball for 3.44 seconds, a virtual eternity by comparison. Brady first looks to his left, where Chris Godwin, Rob Gronkowski and Mike Evans all end up. Perriman is the only one who ends up going to the right, as Fournette has stayed in to block.

That is sort of the design of the play, although Perriman revealed afterward that he and Evans didn't do their crossing routes exactly as intended. Evans, who lines up to the right but well inside the numbers, is supposed to take his route across the field underneath that of Perriman, who lines up in the left slot after the huddle. However, Evans ends up taking the higher route and cornerback Levi Wallace, who appears to have coverage duties on Perriman to start the play, peels off and goes with Evans. Cornerback Dane Jackson starts the play off in coverage of Evans but falls behind in the wash of the crossing routes.

It is left to Edmunds, who is extremely fast for a 6-4 linebacker but is actually moving in the wrong direction at first, to try to pick up the coverage on Perriman. The confusion is probably heightened for the Bills' defense by Godwin's pre-snap motion. He moves from outside Perriman at the numbers to just inside Perriman to his right. Wallace was lined up over Godwin and nickel back Taron Johnson over Perriman before the motion but Johnson switches to Godwin and Wallace initially follows Perriman, though with about six yards of cushion.

Breshad Perriman's 58-Yard Overtime TD

But we'll get back to that. First, more on the protection. The Bills bring five defenders into the backfield after Brady: down linemen Jerry Hughes, Ed Oliver, Efe Obada and Mario Addison, and blitzing off-ball linebacker Matt Milano. With Fournette staying in to block, that's a five-on-five pass-rushing situation. Of those five, only Oliver gets anywhere near Brady. The Bucs' interior blocking trio of center Ryan Jensen and guards Alex Cappa and Ali Marpet keep Obada, Addison and Hughes bottled up near the line of scrimmage and Fournette helps right tackle Tristan Wirfs send Milano around and behind Brady. Addison initially tries to go inside on left tackle Donovan Smith, and when Smith picks that up Oliver stunts around the end. Smith switches and gets enough of him to keep him from getting to Brady in time.

Other than Oliver, none of the Bills' pass rushers get closer than 4.8 yards away from Brady, and since Oliver, who ends up 1.7 yards away and is credited by NGS with a pressure, is coming from behind him, Brady has a clear view of Perriman on his passing route. Actually, Brady happened to catch a glimpse of Perriman, who was not intended to be his first read, and that drew his full attention in a split-second.

"We had a crosser called, and they kind of jumped Mike going across the field," Brady explained. "They left B.P. back there and I just picked him up in the corner of my eye and got it to him -- he made a great catch and run."

Brady's pass technically travels 6.2 yards down the field from the line of scrimmage, but the actual distance of the throw from his hand to Perriman's hands was 18.2 yards and it was in the air for just 0.9 seconds. Because Perriman had a step on Edmunds and Brady had a clear throwing lane, the completion probability of this throw was high, 73.6%.

At the moment Perriman catches the ball, he is running at 15.26 miles per hour, but that won't stay true for long. At this same moment, Edmunds is actually running a little faster than the receiver, at 16.51 miles per hour. Soon, however, Perriman will max out at 20.56 miles per hour while Edmunds won't get above 18.49 miles per hour before he trips at the 25-yard line trying to reach out for the disappearing receiver.

Edmunds makes a valiant effort. At the Bills' 40-yard line he is still essentially matching Perriman's speed at about 18.5 miles per hour each and he's close enough to prompt Perriman to try for a stiff-arm. But then Perriman really turns on the jets and reaches his top speed at around the 25-yard line. He is not touched, as safety Jordan Poyer tries to hustle over to the play but can't get closer than 10.11 yards from Perriman as the receiver cross the 10 and decelerates the rest of the way to the end zone.

Perriman's top speed of 20.56 miles per hour is the third fastest that a Buccaneer has run with the ball in his hands this season. Interestingly, the top play on that list was Fournette's 47-yard touchdown run in the first quarter, as he got all the way up to a top speed of 21.29 miles per hour. On this play, Fournette helped in a different way by picking up a blitz, and Perriman and Brady also got huge help from the offensive line, the play design and a little unexpected route reversal by Perriman and Evans. It all added up to a very B.P. for B.P.
Don't tread on me
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

@AJPG

Negative.

That’s not a “pick” per football standards.

* That’s 5 yards downfield/off ball.

* Notices Cockrell “catch snd carry” 5.5 yards further downfield (contact at 41, does release and drive on the flat until the 35!) before he drives on the flat route (his primary responsibility).

What you have here is a coverage/alignment that puts Cockrell in a pickle. SMB is bailing from his would-be Flat coverage in 2 Zone to deep-half. LVD has to rotate hard from his inside alignment (this is both run-fit based and coverage disguised based because everyone that side is rolling) where he would be playing Hole in 2 Zone. His responsibility is to get a quick reroute on any Hitch/Seam (while LVD rotates) and IMMEDIATELY drive on Flat.

This is Zone and he’s off-ball. He needs to have a good idea of route combinations from Doubles pre-snap, his eyes have to be on a swivel, he needs to execute his reroute physically and aggressively click and close on that Flat.

You could say that they were likely going to get a catch and 4 no matter what. But Cockrell’s play here just doesn’t do the job. He carries that Seam/Hook (the responsibility he’s feigning and helping LVD with momentarily due to the coverage roll) for waaaaaaaaaay too long, creating just absurd separation between himself and his primarily coverage. His feet never should have gotten beyond the 39.

Reroute Seam/Hook inside > plant > drive on Flat > make it a tough throw and make the tackle for 4 yards and we’re 4th and 2.
Last edited by Nobody on Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Alright, OL/Godwin/Fournette in run game. I'm going to do 2 here rather than 1. This one really shows Godwin.

chrome-capture (27).gif

This is basically an extended handoff. Its not a Screen per se because no OL are climbing, but there are no other routes and both Mike and Godwin are blocking straight away for Fournette's Swing route which effectively makes it a Screen. 50/50 this was check by Brady given the coverage/alignment over there.

Godwin obliterates his first man, then finds more work and gets his second guy too.

Mike doesn't do a good enough job here finding his angle and getting his guy, but the Godwin/DB wash does some work to force the DB to try to evade while tackling Fournette. Fournette makes the catch and evades that DB tackle and follows the Godwin train upfield.

Lose Godwin in FA and this play goes away. Godwin does this regularly...don't expect TJ or anyone else to fill these shoes. In fact, if Godwin leaves in FA, expect the entire Screen game to take a big step back. You can't just fabricate the chemistry we have in the Screen game overnight and you can't replace the absolute key personnel piece in it that is Godwin (key in both blocking and catching/running).

Which is why I don't see Godwin going anywhere to be honest (if Brady stays on another year). All the guys in that building know just how crucial Godwin is to the success of this offense.
njdungeoneer

Post by njdungeoneer »

That's an outstanding example of Godwin's great blocking which the Bucs really need in addition to his great hands and YAC. Really need to get him locked up for the long term! thanks for showing that one
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Another big run game win where OL dominates (the 47 yard TD run was basically this exact same thing except it was a Counter rather than a Power O...we are becoming a dominant run team when we're pulling guys).

This looks like a run check from Brady. We're 12 personnel, Unbalanced Right, Doubles left. With the Safety rolling over top of the Doubles out left, my guess is Brady liked the numbers advantage/front leverage Strong side and checked it from a Weak Power O to a Strong.

chrome-capture (29).gif

The absolute KEY here is three-fold:

1) Watch Marpet just stiff-arm the Safety who is fitting C between Wirfs/Gronk and continuing outside to lead (and then he gets his man). This is All Pro stuff. Technically, you're supposed to take first man through here. But he's got enough confidence that he can redirect him with just a stiff-arm and continue outside + faith in Gronk to peel. Incredible Guard play here.

2) Then watch Gronk peel after his double w/ Brate to seal the edge and get Marpet/Fournette out and around. All Pro TE stuff.

3) Watch Wirfs double w/ Cap to seal and then climb 2nd level and seal the LB inside.

So...yeah, this run is brought to you by 3 All Pro blockers doing All Pro things (and likely an All Pro QB making an All Pro Run Check).
Backside

Post by Backside »

I want to re-sign Godwin in the worst way.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Alright, lets get that key Shaq and LVD snap at the same time. The two of them force this Pick.

White and LVD are coming on the ILB blitz off Slant and Scrapes w/ both iDL working hard inside from B gap (Suh is 2i under LVD and Tryon is 3 Tech under White). They actually do a good job picking this up. The Guard swallows up White. The RB is in perfect position to pick up LVD.

chrome-capture (31).gif

Buuuuuuuuuuut...

Barrett with a ridiculous rep here. He gave the OT fits all game. Goes hard up the arc > fakes a move across the OTs face to slow his vertical set > Stab outside hand to clear his pad > Slap. He's clean up the arc.

LVD just runs through the RB.

This combined creates the desperate pocket escape right and heave by Allen to the flat when they're about to get the Sack..which leads to the pick.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Bonus snap for LVD in Coverage. Massive play here and he had to work around a hard inside Slant > Whip route which was attempting to give him a little rub/wash to free up the Swing to the RB underneath.

chrome-capture (32).gif

This isn't remotely the same thing as Cockrell above for several different reasons (responsibility - Man, alignment). This is a play that is a natural rub meant to reroute/obstruct LVD's flat path to the ball.

He reads it, evades it, and makes this tackle well short of the line to gain on 3rd and 5 forcing the Punt late in the game. All Pro stuff here and absolutely clutch.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Excellent Coverage Snap for White here on this WR Smoke Screen. This is what I'd like to see every one of his snaps on Screens look like.

chrome-capture (33).gif

Reads the Center's footwork and he's instantly working to his left (because he knows Outside Zone or Screen) > because of this instant read/react he beats the angle of the climbing OT to him > takes the appropriate angle to the ball carrier, finishes the play.

Perfect.

Technically this is a play loss for us, but this could have been much worse given alignment. This is the kind of play you should routinely expect from an ILB who specializes in run-and-chase (and hopefully diagnose and finish...those two areas get him sometimes). Turn a bad play on the perimeter into a not-so-bad play.

Great stuff by White here.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

So tell us, @Nobody, what team do you coach for? :lol:
Don't tread on me
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

chrome-capture (23).gif

I was at the game and losing my mind over the cushion we were giving receivers throughout the whole second half it seems
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Nobody wrote: Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:49 am Alright, lets get that key Shaq and LVD snap at the same time. The two of them force this Pick.

White and LVD are coming on the ILB blitz off Slant and Scrapes w/ both iDL working hard inside from B gap (Suh is 2i under LVD and Tryon is 3 Tech under White). They actually do a good job picking this up. The Guard swallows up White. The RB is in perfect position to pick up LVD.

chrome-capture (31).gif

Buuuuuuuuuuut...

Barrett with a ridiculous rep here. He gave the OT fits all game. Goes hard up the arc > fakes a move across the OTs face to slow his vertical set > Stab outside hand to clear his pad > Slap. He's clean up the arc.

LVD just runs through the RB.

This combined creates the desperate pocket escape right and heave by Allen to the flat when they're about to get the Sack..which leads to the pick.
I believe Tryon also had a good rep there. He was a step behind LVD and one reason the middle of the pocket was collapsing.
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Yup. That move from B to A is meant to pull the RG to free up White (Guard doesn't follow and picks up White) so the Game portion of it doesn't work. But look at that Slap > Swim Guard hard across face to A and then Slap > Swim Center (the second rush suite freeing him). Not a lot of 3 Techs can pull that off!
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Nobody wrote: Thu Dec 16, 2021 2:43 pm Yup. That move from B to A is meant to pull the RG to free up White (Guard doesn't follow and picks up White) so the Game portion of it doesn't work. But look at that Slap > Swim Guard hard across face to A and then Slap > Swim Center (the second rush suite freeing him). Not a lot of 3 Techs can pull that off!
Tryon flashes so much talent that I can’t help wishing he got more reps this season. That kid could be special.