2022 Offseason Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Max

Re: 2022 Offseason Thread

Post by Max »

Except he wasn't wrong about Gronk and Suh. If we had re-signed them ahead of the new league year, the exact thing I'm talking about would've happened.

I'm also pretty sure that Greg hasn't predicted that Suh and Gronk will re-sign ahead of the new league year, he just explained how void-years work.

Just take your L and move on.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Max wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:48 pm Except he wasn't wrong about Gronk and Suh. If we had re-signed them ahead of the new league year, the exact thing I'm talking about would've happened.

I'm also pretty sure that Greg hasn't predicted that Suh and Gronk will re-sign ahead of the new league year, he just explained how void-years work.

Read his tweet from March again. Greg literally says it doesn't matter if they re-signed Gronk BY WEDNESDAY OR LATER. Wednesday was the start of the new league year. The dead money already counted against the cap. What are you not understanding?

Greg admits he was wrong and you're arguing that he's wrong about being wrong. How pathetic is that?
Max

Post by Max »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:51 pm
Max wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:48 pm Except he wasn't wrong about Gronk and Suh. If we had re-signed them ahead of the new league year, the exact thing I'm talking about would've happened.

Read his tweet from March again. Greg literally says it doesn't matter if they re-signed Gronk BY WEDNESDAY OR LATER. Wednesday was the start of the new league year. The dead money already counted against the cap. What are you not understanding?

Greg admits he was wrong and you're arguing that he's wrong about being wrong. How pathetic is that?
If you had any clue what you're talking about, you would have noticed that he tweeted this on March 16th, when the league year already started. He didn't correct himself because he was wrong on the void-years, because he isn't. Dumbass.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Max wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:56 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 7:51 pm

If you had any clue what you're talking about, you would have noticed that he tweeted this on March 16th, when the league year already started. He didn't correct himself because he was wrong on the void-years, because he isn't. Dumbass.
Now I'm convinced you're trolling. Big time. Says March 15th clear as day on that tweet, 11:09pm. I would say read it again but it's clear you're so fucking stupid that you wouldn't understand it anyway. I've met a lot of idiots here and a lot of liars. You're a special kind of cuck to be both on the same topic.
Max

Post by Max »

The league year starts on March 15th, you complete and utter retard. The whole point of this void thing is that the player has to be on the roster WHEN THE LEAGUE YEAR STARTS . As I have explained to you in every single post.

Suh and Gronk haven't been on the roster when the league year started, that's why their contracts voided, moron.

Greg has corrected himself because he missed that the new league year has already started, not because he was wrong on the void years, because he wasn't.

*16th was a typo, dumbass. And you should have figured that out by yourself as it doesn't change anything about what we're talking about.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Max wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:12 pm The league year starts on March 15th, you complete and utter retard. The whole point of this void thing is that the player has to be on the roster WHEN THE LEAGUE YEAR STARTS . As I have explained to you in every single post.

Suh and Gronk haven't been on the roster when the league year started, that's why their contracts voided, moron.

Greg has corrected himself because he missed that the new league year has already started, not because he was wrong on the void years, because he wasn't.

*16th was a typo, dumbass. And you should have figured that out by yourself as it doesn't change anything about what we're talking about.
See the thing about being a liar and a fucking worthless idiot is you have to dig in on your stupidity and lies.

2022 NFL league year started Wednesday March 16, 2022 at 4pm EST. If you choose to continue to lie about it and show all of us just how big of a pathetic liar you are, be my guest kiddo.
Max

Post by Max »

Oh, you're actually right about that. Got that confused with the 2021 season.

Still doesn't change anything we're talking about.

Contracts void at different times depending on language. Some teams have that set five days after the Super Bowl to allow the player to become a FA before the tampering window starts. If there's no such language in the contract, then the contracts void with the end of the league year.

Bucs apparently had such language in their contracts and Greg didn't knew about it.

So you're still wrong, moron. And now go fuck yourself.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Max wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:24 pm Oh, you're actually right about that. Got that confused with the 2021 season.

Contracts void at different times depending on language. Some teams have that set five days after the Super Bowl to allow the player to become a FA before the tampering window starts. If there's no such language in the contract, then the contracts void with the end of the league year.

Bucs apparently had such language in their contracts and Greg didn't knew about it.

I know I'm right about that. No need to argue with a lying sack of shit.

And there is no "language" NFL teams can have individually regarding voidable years. Once again you're so deep in your attempted lie that you're embarrassing you're even more with every lie. Stop while you're ahead, kiddo.
Max

Post by Max »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:36 pm
Max wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:24 pm Oh, you're actually right about that. Got that confused with the 2021 season.

And there is no "language" NFL teams can have individually regarding voidable years. Once again you're so deep in your attempted lie that you're embarrassing you're even more with every lie. Stop while you're ahead, kiddo.
Wrong.

Russell Wilson had it in his contract, for example.

"Now, as noted above, five days after the Super Bowl following the 2023 season the contract voids, meaning the 2024, 2025 and 2026 seasons cease to exist. At that point the $3,576,000 of signing bonus that was scheduled to hit the cap in 2024, 2025 and 2026 would all hit the 2024 cap"

https://www.fieldgulls.com/2022/2/18/22 ... rown-diggs

Next time your mom gets knocked up, tell her to stop drinking, please.
MJW

Post by MJW »

"I wish there was more board engagement."

"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
_MB_

Post by _MB_ »

Heh.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Max wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:42 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:36 pm

Wrong.

"Now, as noted above, five days after the Super Bowl following the 2023 season the contract voids, meaning the 2024, 2025 and 2026 seasons cease to exist. At that point the $3,576,000 of signing bonus that was scheduled to hit the cap in 2024, 2025 and 2026 would all hit the 2024 cap"

Ha! Like I said, when you dig your heels deep into a lie you only embarrass yourself further. This was an embarrassing day for you and I barely had to lift a finger. You fucked yourself. You get no tip this time. You can get off your knees now kiddo. There will be no further discussion.
Max

Post by Max »

King Chromosomez wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 9:26 pm
Max wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 8:42 pm

Wrong.

Ha! Like I said, when you dig your heels deep into a lie you only embarrass yourself further. This was an embarrassing day for you and I barely had to lift a finger. You fucked yourself. You get no tip this time. You can get off your knees now kiddo. There will be no further discussion.
Checkmate honey. Too bad people can actually read.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Jesus
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

I’m rubber and you’re glue
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

MJW wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:25 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 10:54 pm Career low 27 tackles for Suh last year.
I don't read a ton into a stat like that for a guy like Suh in our scheme. But his play has steadily declined, no matter how you want to quantify it. It's tough to ignore if you re-watch the season and key on him.

I kind of wish we were considering a veteran alternative to bringing back Suh. I know it's not how we've been doing things lately. But we could do better than Suh in the same price range.
There is something to say about continuity (relating to teammate interactions, familiarity, etc) that is lost for a "new" player when said player is thrown into an unfamiliar mix on game day. With luck, practices, TC, and such would minimize that, somewhat. However, some of the guys on the depth chart don't get a lot of 1st team snaps in order to alleviate that missing "I know where he's going next" tacit knowledge.
Push the damned button already!
MJW

Post by MJW »

IronDog wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 12:46 pm
MJW wrote: Thu Apr 21, 2022 11:25 pm

I don't read a ton into a stat like that for a guy like Suh in our scheme. But his play has steadily declined, no matter how you want to quantify it. It's tough to ignore if you re-watch the season and key on him.

I kind of wish we were considering a veteran alternative to bringing back Suh. I know it's not how we've been doing things lately. But we could do better than Suh in the same price range.
There is something to say about continuity (relating to teammate interactions, familiarity, etc) that is lost for a "new" player when said player is thrown into an unfamiliar mix on game day. With luck, practices, TC, and such would minimize that, somewhat. However, some of the guys on the depth chart don't get a lot of 1st team snaps in order to alleviate that missing "I know where he's going next" tacit knowledge.
I acknowledge what you're saying has value. A lot of value in fact. But at some point, you need to bite the bullet and inject some fresh blood into the mix, accept that they'll be growing pains, and reap the benefits a bit later. For me, that point for Suh was probably before last season.
Let's roll another joint
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

MJW wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:02 pm

I acknowledge what you're saying has value. A lot of value in fact. But at some point, you need to bite the bullet and inject some fresh blood into the mix, accept that they'll be growing pains, and reap the benefits a bit later. For me, that point for Suh was probably before last season.
I'd like to have a plan in place to replace him before we cut him. When the season ended, my ideal draft was taking a guy high to coach up behind Suh. Much like we drafted JTS to play behind JPP.

MJW certainly knows more about who Suh was than I ever will but the guy who we signed has been a great veteran to have in the locker room. If we can get youth at the spot, I really like the idea of giving Suh time with the kid.

That, and Suh still has a little gas. He played well against the Rams. Given that this is likely the last year of Brady, I don't think we can sign a guy who will be better.
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

MJW wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 2:02 pm

True, very true. The ideal situation for me would be something along the lines that @Terry Tate noted. The best case scenario, again in my mind, would be to "inject some fresh blood" as you put it, but to be in the situation where the "new blood" has a chance to learn from his/her (yeah I said it) predecessor while available without having to scramble to plug someone, or several someones, into the place of need. Bringing in new blood, be it "new" new blood, or bodies from outside, as our off-season maneuverings credit, before they are needed is obviously the preferred route. God knows we had enough of the "throw him in, maybe they won't notice" conditions last year. And I understand this team wasn't on that injury island all by themseves. Judging from some past evidence, a lot of the "new" guys can hardly figure out which endzone is the active target, let alone attempting to mesh with all those "old farts" currently wearing the same uniform. Game time is never the optimal learning condition. We've all seen the sink or swim method taught these days.
Push the damned button already!
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Max wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:24 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:11 pm

You said that same thing with Gronk & Suh.

Here's where your lack of understanding shines. Voidable years can't be restructured if the voided portion is made up of funds already paid out. In this instance, most if not all of Brady's dead cap has been paid out. For obvious reasons, that can't be reduced/changed. If we choose to re-sign him, his cap hit will still include the $32mil in dead cap space.

You made up this fictional tale about teams being able to reduce dead cap hits from voidable years. The ONLY way that happens is if Brady agrees to a pay cut and agrees to pay money back.
Wrong.

Brady's cap charge in 2023 is currently scheduled to be 8 M (that's from the prorated signing bonuses we already paid him).

If he isn't on the roster when the new league year starts, his contract voids and all remaining prorated money (8M in 2023, 2024 and 2025) gets accelerated against the 2023 cap (24 M + the 9 M we just pushed to 2023 equals the 33 M)

If he signs a new contract before the new league year starts, the prorated money that's currently prorated to 2024 and 2025 stays there and doesn't get accelerated against the 2023 cap.

So his 2023 hit would be:.

- 8 M (old prorated money - can't be manipulated)

- 3 M (prorated money from todays restructure, other 6 M goes to 2024 and 2025, assuming no additional void years have been added)

- 2023 base salary (probably vet minimum)

- 2023 signing bonus/contract years (including void years)

And that would likely end up im the 12-20 million range.
If the team and Ben Roethlisberger can agree to wait until after June 1 void his contract (which had voidable years added last season), it will save the team $7.755 million in 2022 cap space. Roethlisberger is already retired, so all this does is move money from 2022 to 2023, without adding any additional risk to the team.
https://steelersnow.com/state-of-the-st ... -for-2022/

Currently we have $37,913,382. If Brady goes to another team is the same as if he agrees to "retire" after June 1st. If either of those happen, it would only be a $12,637,794 on next year, and $25,275,588 in 2024. I mean it does jack for the beginning of free agency. But we fill some holes late in free agency.
Last edited by kaimaru on Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Max wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:51 pm
King Bootz wrote: Fri Apr 22, 2022 6:45 pm

I'm very entertained by these ridiculous parameters you have made for voidable year deals. If that was even a remote possibility don't you think teams would do it with every contract they ever signed a player to?

I don't know how you made this up in your head but you're wrong. You can't even prove what you're saying. So the only thing I can do is wait until next league year where you'll be proven wrong yet again.

You're a fucking moron.
Overthecap is wrong. It doesn't include the recent restructure.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Rumors swirling that the Packers and Raiders are discussing a deal for Darren Waller. Potential compensation hasn't been revealed, but you gotta think it's for one of those two firsts the Packers have.
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

MJW wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:22 pm Rumors swirling that the Packers and Raiders are discussing a deal for Darren Waller. Potential compensation hasn't been revealed, but you gotta think it's for one of those two firsts the Packers have.
Darren went to them and said, “my turn.”
Max

Post by Max »

kaimaru wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 9:55 pm Overthecap is wrong. It doesn't include the recent restructure.
Yes, OTC still has his pre-restructure contract. That will add another 3 million to the prorated section in 23, 24 and 25.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Grahamburn wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 5:53 am
MJW wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 11:22 pm Rumors swirling that the Packers and Raiders are discussing a deal for Darren Waller. Potential compensation hasn't been revealed, but you gotta think it's for one of those two firsts the Packers have.
I don't understand the logic behind trading major draft capital (and a huge contract) for Davante Adams and then dealing away Darren Waller.

If you're doing a proper rebuild, you don't trade for Adams.
If you're not, you don't trade away Waller.

And I know there are cap considerations, but we're arguably talking about the most dangerous tight end in the league right now after Travis Kelce. And still just 29.

This feels A LOT like what McDaniels did when he got to Denver, when he just arbitrarily started unloading talented players.
Let's roll another joint
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

MJW wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:45 am

And I know there are cap considerations, but we're arguably talking about the most dangerous tight end in the league right now after Travis Kelce. And still just 29.
George Kittle says hi
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

MJW wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 7:45 am

I don't understand the logic behind trading major draft capital (and a huge contract) for Davante Adams and then dealing away Darren Waller.

If you're doing a proper rebuild, you don't trade for Adams.
If you're not, you don't trade away Waller.

This feels A LOT like what McDaniels did when he got to Denver, when he just arbitrarily started unloading talented players.
I agree it doesn't make much sense, but Waller and his agent see all this money getting thrown around and he's wondering where his is. These guys all seem to be going to the organization saying "pay me the going rate or trade me, contract be damned." He also came in as a low pick so just now started earning with the contract he signed in 2020.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Have any of you cap specialists thought about applying for a position with a team? From what I can see, they pay well over 6 figure salaries for experts in this specialty.
Don't tread on me
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Buc2 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 10:54 am Have any of you cap specialists thought about applying for a position with a team? From what I can see, they pay well over 6 figure salaries for experts in this specialty.
Shirt and tie everyday? No thanks!
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

How many players are on our roster right now that could or should be on our practice squad?

I counted 21
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:54 pm How many players are on our roster right now that could or should be on our practice squad?

I counted 21
Really? I counted 26
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:16 pm
mdb1958 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 8:54 pm How many players are on our roster right now that could or should be on our practice squad?

I counted 21
Really? I counted 26
Will a consensus happen? I'm curious to know how people see things. It's been forever since we've heard about someone getting beat out in camp. Unless they were sleeping in their car.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:22 pm
King Bootz wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 9:16 pm

Really? I counted 26
Will a consensus happen? I'm curious to know how people see things. It's been forever since we've heard about someone getting beat out in camp. Unless they were sleeping in their car.
That's because it's been years since we've had many open/competitive spots on the roster going into camp season. The most recent I can recall is Rojo vs Fournette the past 2 offseasons.

A consensus will definitely happen.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I meant the folks in here expressing how many should be on the practice squad.