***2024 NFL Offseason thread ***

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Phantom

Re: ***2024 NFL Offseason thread ***

Post by Phantom »

Yeah, it's no big deal for the Falcons.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Could we have the pick Mr Goodell? :lol:
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

What the fuck?!

Most hated man in America.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Great Googly Moogly. That’s the dumbest qb deal in Jags history since the last one (Foles)and the one before that(Bortles).

At least when we screw up drafting a qb, we only pick up the 5th year…
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

acmillis wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 7:00 pm Great Googly Moogly. That’s the dumbest qb deal in Jags history since the last one (Foles)and the one before that(Bortles).

At least when we screw up drafting a qb, we only pick up the 5th year…
I don't get the urgency at all. He's only played 3 years and to this point 2 of them haven't been very good. At least Bortles got to the AFC Championship game, albeit on the back of a stacked defense.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Low self esteem franchise is why.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Sometimes I can look at a deal and come up with a reason from the signing team's standpoint why they would agree to whatever dollar amount the deal was for.

With this one.....I got nothin'
Snake

Post by Snake »

“he’s by far the most talented quarterback we’ve ever had. he’s almost put it all together. If he could just do XYZ, he will be an elite quarterback.”

Blah blah blah.I get the upside. But this does feel like a team giving DeAndre Ayton a maximum contract extension because he was the first overall pick, and they feel like they have no other option.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Dak Prescott, Tua and Jordan Love have to be grinning from ear to ear.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Insane..
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

I just want to point out that one extreme and its opposite can both have negative effects. Keeping someone for so many years, complacency and stagnation can build within the team.

This is why that franchise has 3 playoff wins since 2010. The national media loves Tomlin. However, they are ignoring that fact and also that the team is currently just squeeking out 9-8 seasons year after year just to keep the no losing streak alive, with no gradual improvement.

This is why I like the transparency from the Glazers. (I think most owners are to a degree) Stagnation imo is not good.
acmillis

Post by acmillis »

Phantom wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:25 pmInsane..
Tomlin has been making chicken salad out of chicken shit for years. Go look at their starting qbs since Big Ben. If anyone deserves blame, it’s the gm.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Central_Buc wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:41 am I just want to point out that one extreme and its opposite can both have negative effects. Keeping someone for so many years, complacency and stagnation can build within the team.

This is why that franchise has 3 playoff wins since 2010. The national media loves Tomlin. However, they are ignoring that fact and also that the team is currently just squeeking out 9-8 seasons year after year just to keep the no losing streak alive, with no gradual improvement.

This is why I like the transparency from the Glazers. (I think most owners are to a degree) Stagnation imo is not good.
Here's some perspective. The last time the Steelers had a losing record, Malcolm Glazer was alive and well and we were defending Superbowl Champions. During that same time span, they have 2 Superbowl wins and 1 loss. They also have 13 playoff appearances over that 21 season span including 5 total AFC Championship games. Wanna guess how many the Bucs have?

The Steelers have issues but their HC is not one of them. If being stagnant means you never have a losing brand of football, sign me up. Because under Tomlin they literally have never been a losing team.
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

yup, following Big Ben, Tomlin consistently led his team to successful seasons despite having shitty quarterbacks. The offense is terrible.Not his fault

Mason Rudolph, Mitch Trubisky and Kenny Pickett
Phantom

Post by Phantom »

Central_Buc

Post by Central_Buc »

Bootz wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 11:38 am
Central_Buc wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 3:41 am I just want to point out that one extreme and its opposite can both have negative effects. Keeping someone for so many years, complacency and stagnation can build within the team.

Here's some perspective. The last time the Steelers had a losing record, Malcolm Glazer was alive and well and we were defending Superbowl Champions. During that same time span, they have 2 Superbowl wins and 1 loss. They also have 13 playoff appearances over that 21 season span including 5 total AFC Championship games. Wanna guess how many the Bucs have?

The Steelers have issues but their HC is not one of them. If being stagnant means you never have a losing brand of football, sign me up. Because under Tomlin they literally have never been a losing team.
Granted, there is no comparison historically, we still hold the worst winning percentage in league history last I checked. Fair enough.

However, I do believe we are turning the corner as a franchise and as long as we continue to hire solid people, I'd rather be who we are today than some others tomorrow.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

acmillis wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 6:04 am
Phantom wrote: Thu Jun 13, 2024 11:25 pmInsane..
Tomlin has been making chicken salad out of chicken shit for years. Go look at their starting qbs since Big Ben. If anyone deserves blame, it’s the gm.
Seconded.

The Steelers have very few good players, yet Tomlin keeps them in it. Do they have room to improve, of course they do, is Tomlin perfect, of course he isn't. But he's been doing an amazing coaching job given the talent he has had to work with, though a pessimist might argue that he likely has strong input on the players on his roster. Even with that caveat, he's still a hell of a coach.
kaimaru

Post by kaimaru »

Central_Buc wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:49 pm

Granted, there is no comparison historically, we still hold the worst winning percentage in league history last I checked. Fair enough.

However, I do believe we are turning the corner as a franchise and as long as we continue to hire solid people, I'd rather be who we are today than some others tomorrow.
We are only 15 more wins than losses away from pulling ahead of the Texans and only 14 from the Jags. The Jags are clearly the more likely team for us to pass
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

10 franchises have more championships than us despite us being the 5th youngest franchise and having a historically bad beginning.

We're probably on the best 5 year run of any team not named the Chiefs.Think the corner has been turned.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Doctor wrote: Mon Jun 17, 2024 11:56 pm 10 franchises have more championships than us despite us being the 5th youngest franchise and having a historically bad beginning.

We're probably on the best 5 year run of any team not named the Chiefs.Think the corner has been turned.
It still fascinates me that as much as you have to say, you still don't realize that the ONLY goal and purpose for 32 teams is to win.
Bootz

Post by Bootz »

Central_Buc wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2024 2:49 pm

What does any of this have to do with Tomlin's tenure or the 2 teams success since 2003?