Rapid Reactions: Buccaneers loss to the Panthers

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Brazen331

Re: Rapid Reactions: Buccaneers loss to the Panthers

Post by Brazen331 »

Screw BA, too. He did whatever he could to make sure his boy Bowles took over for him.

You can agree that Bowles is a decent DC buy the receipts are in for HC: he sucks ass.
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

Now’s the time to put Leftwich back at QB and make Brady the OC

Honestly…I could see Brady being put on the injury list for a good stretch of games coming up for being ‘injured’
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:24 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:19 pm

Welcome to 3-14.
Are you calling it now?
Me? I have no idea, just my opinion.

They could fire him tomorrow but I think Licht is going to give him the season no matter what.

If he fires him now what does it say about HIS decision to hire Bowles in the first place, recommended by BA or not.

Could be wrong but feel like he's going to give him longer than 1/2 a season to succeed whether it's deserved or not.

I really think this is a locker room issue which is about the worst thing you can have.

Hard to fix, almost impossible without a new staff.
Patrick McIrish

Post by Patrick McIrish »

BucsNBills wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:30 pm If the 49ers call and offer one of their 3rd round picks for Brady, do we take it?
I'd take the injured kid there in SF for him tomorrow.

We aren't going to win anything this last year anyway.
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

Ya, I liked BA as a coach here, but always hated his boner for Bowles and lefty. Idk what he sees in them. BA and a still elite Brady made this offense work in spite of leftys shit playcalling. Now that Brady has all but checked out and we have less talent it’s become a glaring issue. Not enough talent and high caliber players to hide it.
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

Lmao at Goodell’s Germany game being Geno Smith against Blaine Gabbert
Capsaicin

Post by Capsaicin »

Jensen
Marpet
Cappa
Gronk
AB

Half of Brady’s guys are gone. HTF did we score 30 ppg last year
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Gronk sleeping like a baby every night knowing he absolutely made the right decision to retire. Maybe he saw this coming from behind the scenes...
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

This cold snap has me under the weather. I wound up sleeping through the first half. Unlike the Bucs, who slept through the whole game.
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

Congratulations, Buccaneers! You have finally broken through the gates of Mediocrity to become a lesser team.

I miss the Brady that busted I-pads. "I like the energy!"? This team totally mailed it in. In between Bowles giving that "Bill Cosby confused Dad" look and Leftwich looking like a deer caught in the headlights, it was OBVIOUS that they didn't gameplan for this defense. "Let's just go out the and chase Stats" or something. Leaving Evans out there after he looked crippled... Godwim a mere 20 yard dash from a pulled hammy. Let Leftwich go install has "clownshoes offense" somewhere else.

Yeah, I know... Because "offensive line!"

I don't even want to hear the post-game excuses.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Patrick McIrish wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:33 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:24 pm

Are you calling it now?
Me? I have no idea, just my opinion.

They could fire him tomorrow but I think Licht is going to give him the season no matter what.

If he fires him now what does it say about HIS decision to hire Bowles in the first place, recommended by BA or not.

Could be wrong but feel like he's going to give him longer than 1/2 a season to succeed whether it's deserved or not.

I really think this is a locker room issue which is about the worst thing you can have.

Hard to fix, almost impossible without a new staff.
I agree with you on this being something the Glazers will not address and that it is a locker room coaching staff issue. Over the course of my life this team has caused me more emotional pain than a man should have to endure. I am unsure if the two Superbowl wins are enough to balance that out.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

2020 damn near feels as distant as 2002...
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Backside wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:27 pm
13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:19 pm

Welcome to 3-14.
Getting the #1 pick wouldn’t suck.
Does Licht go division 2 offensive guard or a D1 kicker?
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Can’t help but wonder how things would look if Jensen’s knee injury never happened. Coaching would still struggle to win a Pop Warner league game but the line would be in much better shape.
BucsNBills

Post by BucsNBills »

Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

Anyone writing off this season while we sit at #1 in the division with Tom Brady at QB is a certified retard

Plenty of time to turn this around
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Sdbucs wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:09 pm Anyone writing off this season while we sit at #1 in the division with Tom Brady at QB is a certified retard

Didn’t you hear? We’re going to wind up 3-14, Bowles & Leftwich are Super Bowl winning coordinators and play callers and need to be fired but Clyde Christensen, who has engineered some of the worst offenses in the NFL is our savior, and someone has researched the other 31 teams enough to know we have the worst coaching staff in football.

It’s over……
Last edited by King Bootz on Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

Sdbucs wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:09 pm Anyone writing off this season while we sit at #1 in the division with Tom Brady at QB is a certified retard

Given the trajectory of the team (getting worse each game) what makes you think the team is capable of a turn around?
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

This offense is a complete dumpster fire. How did they manage to win 3 games?
Don't tread on me
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Buc2 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:21 pm This offense is a complete dumpster fire. How did they manage to win 3 games?
Dare I say the teams we won against played down to our level?
Nobody

Post by Nobody »

Dropped TD pass 1st drive.

Utterly incapable iOL play particularly LG and your QB who is the greatest on-platform QB of all time is constantly off-platform and his bread-and-butter mechanics are toast.

Veteran LT multiple penalties and murdered by Brian Burns.

Devin White is probably the worst B to B gap run fitting and stack and shedding ILB in the NFL. On the bright side, at least he covers well, tackles well, never recklessly overpursues in space, and is generally assignment sound and high football IQ otherwise!

1st and 10 to start the game and we go 12 personel and run to get 2nd snd 9 (shock!)! 3rd and 1 and you call a big personnel condensed formation Off Guard run rather than Shotgun Spread to ensure a light box and run Inside Zone. They’re all over every aspect of our Screen game so we must have formation + down and distance tendencies (and we don’t run enough off of those looks to prevent them from jumping it). Meanwhile, we sniff out and jump about 1 in 10 Screens on defense. We’re so Screen-vulnerable.

Winfield goes out and this defense utterly melts down. At this point, he is the only (positive) difference-maker on defense.

———

This is looking unrecoverable. This was a Youngry, Schiano, Lovie Smith tailspin loss. Opposition with new coach, the equivalent of a 3rd string QB, sell at the trade deadline and we don’t just lose…we get utterly handled.

I would love to watch this team practice. You practice like you play and this team is so IDGAF about details, discipline, and precision that it has to show up there. And no leadership anywhere.
Last edited by Nobody on Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

Rocker wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:26 pm
Buc2 wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:21 pm This offense is a complete dumpster fire. How did they manage to win 3 games?
Dare I say the teams we won against played down to our level?
I only hope we can all look back at the end of the season and laugh as the team is preparing for a playoff game. Because, right now, there is no humor to be found.
Don't tread on me
Heisenberg

Post by Heisenberg »

People really think lefty was a big reason we won the SB instead of BA rewriting his gameplan and an all in Brady with a pro bowl offensive roster calling non stop audibles with camera shots of him saying fuck no to fatwich lmaoo. Put the dumbfuck in charge of an offense without the goat QB and multiple pro bowlers and hofers and see how many SBs he “wins”. Must really love those 4th and 1 toss plays to Lenny.
Cheb

Post by Cheb »

We would be third place or worse in every AFC division. In the NFC we would fourth place in the East, third in the North and tied for last in the West.

The Bucs just happen to be lucky to be in the worst division in football. That's all.

To pretend that we don't have a huge fucking problem right now is just burying one's head in the sand.

To pull one particular example out of a hat, we have a mere 10 offensive touchdowns right now through seven games. Contrast that with last season at the same point in the year, when we had 28. And that's with by-and-large the same cast of players.

We just shat our pants in two winnable games, and we will continue to shit ourselves unless big moves are made. I suppose you can say things like "we just didn't execute" or "we're in a dark place right now," but that's not a plan now is it? That's just hoping for the best.

Winners plan for success. Losers hope things get better and get inevitably disappointed when they don't.
Sdbucs

Post by Sdbucs »

13F11B wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:18 pm

Given the trajectory of the team (getting worse each game) what makes you think the team is capable of a turn around?
With Tom Brady at QB, for starters, anything is possible.

But, lets look past that.

Todays game:
Evans catches that TD and we go up 7-0 in the first few minutes. Entirely different game. We probably win if that catch is made.

Our secondary is depleted, but these are not season long injuries. Do we play this poorly on defense with a healthy secondary? Probably not

Same with other injuries

Then there’s coaching. I personally assume that a team gets better as a season progresses because they can review and correct mistakes. Schemewise and player wise. I don’t have confidence in Bowels as HC, but I do have confidence that our coaches and players will learn from their mistakes and be better.

IF this team can survive on top of the NFC South long enough to recover some injuries and learn from some mistakes, then I’m confident that we will at least compete because we have Brady.

I do think we need to find a trade partner for Oline, however. Our oline is having a direct impact on our win condition that is Brady
Last edited by Sdbucs on Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
wesmon

Post by wesmon »

I'm not even super mad, just disappointed. It was always going to be a short window, going the Brady route and spending on all those free agents. We had a 2-year window to compete for a Super Bowl and got one.

Now the writing is on the wall, time to start over.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Defense
Snake

Post by Snake »

Licht needs to take heat. This team was not constructed in a way to support a 45 year old immobile QB. They doubled down on wide receiver… he is the one who hired bowles…
tnbandwagoner1

Post by tnbandwagoner1 »

Nobody wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:28 pm Dropped TD pass 1st drive.

Utterly incapable iOL play particularly LG and your QB who is the greatest on-platform QB of all time is constantly off-platform and his bread-and-butter mechanics are toast.

Veteran LT multiple penalties and murdered by Brian Burns.

Devin White is probably the worst B to B gap run fitting and stack and shedding ILB in the NFL. On the bright side, at least he covers well, tackles well, never recklessly overpursues in space, and is generally assignment sound and high football IQ otherwise!

1st and 10 to start the game and we go 12 personel and run to get 2nd snd 9 (shock!)! 3rd and 1 and you call a big personnel condensed formation Off Guard run rather than Shotgun Spread to ensure a light box and run Inside Zone. They’re all over every aspect of our Screen game so we must have formation + down and distance tendencies (and we don’t run enough off of those looks to prevent them from jumping it). Meanwhile, we sniff out and jump about 1 in 10 Screens on defense. We’re so Screen-vulnerable.

Winfield goes out and this defense utterly melts down. At this point, he is the only (positive) difference-maker on defense.

———

This is looking unrecoverable. This was a Youngry, Schiano, Lovie Smith tailspin loss. Opposition with new coach, the equivalent of a 3rd string QB, sell at the trade deadline and we don’t just lose…we get utterly handled.

I would love to watch this team practice. You practice like you play and this team is so IDGAF about details, discipline, and precision that it has to show up there. And no leadership anywhere.
I was just thinking today - and last week as well - what the hell do they do in practice? Tell jokes? Swap tik-tok videos of hot chicks twerking?
Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

Cheb wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:31 pm

We would be third place or worse in every AFC division. In the NFC we would fourth place in the East, third in the North and tied for last in the West.

The Bucs just happen to be lucky to be in the worst division in football. That's all.

To pretend that we don't have a huge fucking problem right now is just burying one's head in the sand.

To pull one particular example out of a hat, we have a mere 10 offensive touchdowns right now through seven games. Contrast that with last season at the same point in the year, when we had 28. And that's with by-and-large the same cast of players.

We just shat our pants in two winnable games, and we will continue to shit ourselves unless big moves are made. I suppose you can say things like "we just didn't execute" or "we're in a dark place right now," but that's not a plan now is it? That's just hoping for the best.

Winners plan for success. Losers hope things get better and get inevitably disappointed when they don't.

The bitch of it is, I have no idea how to salvage the season. For all the things that are wrong, I think we would be a far, far better team if Jenson and Stinnie were in. I don't know how to fix an offense with an immobile QB that has no protection from the inside rush. How do we scheme around this kind of liability? Start Nick Leverett at RB as a blocker?
Miller4Prez64

Post by Miller4Prez64 »

Snake wrote: Sun Oct 23, 2022 6:44 pm Licht needs to take heat. This team was not constructed in a way to support a 45 year old immobile QB. They doubled down on wide receiver… he is the one who hired bowles…
Agreed. If they really wanted to double down on receivers then they should have at least gotten someone with some speed that can get seperation downfield. Gage has a similar skillset to Godwin and we didn’t need another guy that struggles to get open downfield. I’m willing to give Licht a minor pass on Julio because clearly Brady was pounding the table for him, but giving a 3/30 deal to Gage is indefensible now. Especially since we won’t be able to get out of it next year in a post Brady world without eating a lot of dead cap.
Bahamian:bucfan

Post by Bahamian:bucfan »

"I think the team is lacking the accountability in guys like Suh and JPP. Yes, there is Brady on offense to provide that but the defense is lacking in that area. Thus overall the team has a net negative in accountability.

I am 100% certain that if " Big gurl" was still here that Vita would play with more effort regularly.

But the biggest difference of the team is the fire and spark of BA is no longer on the side line.

Bowles reminds me too much of Lovie Smith ( demeanor, character) which is NOT what motivates and inspires greatness in a team.

I do hope that the team gets things together before things get worse. One thing that will help imho, is to bring Suh back ( if it is possible)." -Posted October 9th after the Falcons game.

"I said it before; characters/ demeaners as those of Bowles and Lovie Smith is NOT what a team needs as a head coach." -Posted October 19th after the Steelers game.

Todd Bowles is a mistake ( for head coach).

As someone else mentioned, he NEVER had the locker room. I agree 100% with this!

When a team lacks leadership from coaches ( Bowles is not a leader of men), we see teams grossly underperform the way the Bucs did the past two weeks. I can assure you coach Tomlin, Belicheck or BA would NOT have allowed Brady to miss the team walk through by attending a wedding! Trust me, in time we will find out exactly how the team felt about that.

And again, players like Suh and JPP were more important than most realize.

Yes the team has allot of missing pieces but to loose to the Panthers ( and to a lesser degree steelers) the way the Bucs did is just unacceptable!

Ownership of the Bucs (and the gm) has some tough decisions to make. I think the next 48 - 72hrs will determine the course of action for the organization moving forward. Guys do not be surprised if some drastic moves are made.
Snake

Post by Snake »

I guess I’m not really following the course of action the team can take in the immediate future?

Arians is not gonna take the job back from his protégé.

The offense is the biggest problem with the team. You’re not gonna make the guy who runs the offense now in charge of everything. Any defensive coach is totally subordinate to Seal. You don’t know what you have there. PMI already said it, if you fire the head coach…that reflects pretty poorly on the GM Who hired him in the last year.

This is their bed. And they have to lie in it. The front office neglected to bolster the offensive line for years and years. They got away with it for a long time. Though you can argue that it cost us last season, as well. With Wells getting worked. We knew the injury bug was lurking with this older roster, and one that has been playing a lot the last couple years. The Super Bowl run was tremendously healthy…

Is there a locker room issue? It would not surprise me. The leader of the team is in a really bad place personally and professionally. He was outed as a traitor - to some degree - as he was texting with another organization while still under contract. He doesn’t actually want to be here. And a fish rots from the head on down.

You can’t tell me that shit doesn’t fester when everyone in that locker room knows he doesn’t want to be there. Add in the bullshit during training camp, skipping practices blah blah blah.

Old roster, inferior coaching, poor depth in crucial places, locker room dysfunction.

And yet, it would not surprise me if Tom Brady figured it out because it’s Tom fucking Brady.
nybf

Post by nybf »

Snake

Post by Snake »

Not that it really matters, but the Bowles press conference is uncomfortable. Lol.

I guess Leftwich also told a reporter he does not believe in EPA and believes the oline is protecting well in the passing game because of the number of sacks allowed