Bucs vs Bills Discussion

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Doooshnzl

Re:

Post by Doooshnzl »

Nobody wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:08 pm Here is my point if I can distill it down to a few bullets:

* The Bills have a fantastic defense and particularly a fantastic Pass Defense. Its not a fluke and its not a product of how crap the offenses they've played are. Their tape shows it, they have a great coach who wins at the play-call level consistently, and their back 7 personnel is impeccable in coverage. What they do is not complicated or byzantine. They do what they do (but with sufficient variation and nuance and tendency-breaking to not be predictable) and they do it extremely well.

* The Bucs have a fantastic offense and particularly a fantastic Pass Offense. Its not a fluke and they've done this DESPITE playing the toughest schedule in the league (BY FAR) in terms of both defense generally and Pass defense specifically.

These two realities do absolutely no work when you try to instantiate the collision of these two teams (and their attendant rankings). You can look at their tape (I did and that is the basis for what I wrote in this thread) and try to predict how some of those collisions might manifest on Sunday and how they may be realized in terms of outcomes.

We're going to have to win w/ Gronk and Godwin between the hashes and intermediate (particularly off play-action) and by either calling perimeter Screens when they're in Off/Bail Zone or checking to it in key situations. And we're going to have to run the ball efficiently and be willing to go for it on 4th and short from their 40+ (and trust our defense to make plays against Allen if we don't convert).

If we had Brown, Buffalo would be in trouble. He is unguardable and he specifically exploits the areas that their defense can be had. But we don't have him and we aren't getting over top of them (if we do...huzzah...but don't expect it). We need Gronk and Godwin and Fournette to force missed tackles and we need to be efficient on the ground (maybe Jones gets 10 functional carries this game?).

Personally, I just don't trust our defense against this exact kind of QB. The Allens of the world give us all kinds of trouble for various reasons (we have a tendency to lose rush lane integrity and not get to them when we call Man and they escape and, for whatever reason, our Spies do a terrible job of consistently winning.

So I think we need 23+ to win this game. I expect them to put 3 TDs against us.
Huzzah? Really?
BLT

Re: Bucs vs Bills Discussion

Post by BLT »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:36 pm
BLT wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 2:46 pm You do realize that no one said top players, or season ending correct?

It said longest.

Reading comprehension is your friend.
Longest you say?

Dude no offense but....

Get a fucking life.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

BLT wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:22 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 3:36 pm

Longest you say?

Dude no offense but....

Get a fucking life.
And you get a fucking Kleenex with all of this bitching and whining over inaccurate information you pulled out from your ass. Don't get upset because you were called out and made to look like a fool and a whiny bitch by multiple people
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

A substantial TOP wins this game for the Bucs.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Buccabeer

Post by Buccabeer »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:21 pm
Jensen is huge for the OL, physical guy who sets the "Bad Ass" tone. I hope he can go, but if he's not 100% or real close to it, don't risk getting Tom beat up, next man up I guess.
BLT

Post by BLT »

King Bootz wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:12 pm
BLT wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 4:22 pm

Dude no offense but....

Get a fucking life.
And you get a fucking Kleenex with all of this bitching and whining over inaccurate information you pulled out from your ass. Don't get upset because you were called out and made to look like a fool and a whiny bitch by multiple people
Lol I think you have me confused with someone else

Also check your emotional fortitude
MJW

Post by MJW »

Buccabeer wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:56 pm
King Bootz wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 7:21 pm
Jensen is huge for the OL, physical guy who sets the "Bad Ass" tone. I hope he can go, but if he's not 100% or real close to it, don't risk getting Tom beat up, next man up I guess.
A small comfort, but it doesn't sound like Star Lotulelei will go either. He's not a star but he's a starter and a very solid player. And Ed Oliver just popped up on their injury report, too.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Dread

Post by Dread »

I think Poyer/Hyde are a heck of a safety combo and they're a well coached defense.

But I still like Mike Evans/Chris Godwin vs Levi Wallace/Dane Jackson. Especially when Tom Brady is the QB with the way our Oline has pass protected.

Playing at home too.

If they play a soft box I'm all for running Lenny/Rojo. Just saying that there are match ups in the passing game we should feel confident about if either safety gets too close to the box.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Last year around this time the o-line started being real physical. I remember saying damn where did this run blocking come from.
Nano

Post by Nano »

Jensen is practicing today. Jamal Dean and Jaelen Darden are both fully practicing in full-contact jerseys and could both be cleared soon.

Only one ruled out was Whitehead.
Doooshnzl

Post by Doooshnzl »

Nano wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 2:41 pm Jensen is practicing today. Jamal Dean and Jaelen Darden are both fully practicing in full-contact jerseys and could both be cleared soon.

Only one ruled out was Whitehead.
Gonna get ugly for the Bills.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Snake

Post by Snake »

How good is Ed Oliver? Hyped prospect.
Kress

Post by Kress »

Darden must have had a hell of a concussion.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Dread wrote: Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:26 pm I think Poyer/Hyde are a heck of a safety combo and they're a well coached defense.

But I still like Mike Evans/Chris Godwin vs Levi Wallace/Dane Jackson. Especially when Tom Brady is the QB with the way our Oline has pass protected.

Playing at home too.

If they play a soft box I'm all for running Lenny/Rojo. Just saying that there are match ups in the passing game we should feel confident about if either safety gets too close to the box.

All of Buffalo's DB's are late round or undrafted.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Last three games we have given up 7 total points in the 2nd half!
Nano

Post by Nano »

Jamal Dean and Jaelen Darden have both cleared concussion protocol and will play tomorrow.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Hey Bruce, might I suggest you and Byron dial up a couple running plays where you smack Matt Milano right in the mouth.

Web crawler paid services activated...
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

I want the whole of Tampa Bay's defense to recognize how smart it was for Desir to punch that football out for a fumble.

Go get them turnovers boy's.