The Official Jameis Winston Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
King Bootz

Re: The Official 2021 Jameis Winston Thread

Post by King Bootz »

Pirate Life wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:20 pm
Moozician wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:25 pm
He did ok today... Didn't do anything stupid that I could see.
He was lucky to have only been picked off once. WFT's pass defense makes Todd Bowles look like a genius. They don't give up as much yardage as we do, but only because their offense hasn't kept them in some of the games.

Semi-unrelated note, Jameis almost got Taysom Hill killed in the game.

Ouch
I mean I get that the narrative now is Jameis' games are never as good as they seem but always as bad as they seem. But I mean, you could at least not lie so blatantly.

That play where Hill got hurt the DB got a personal foul penalty because he tried to take his head off. That's like blaming Brady for Gronk's broken ribs & punctured lung.

Easy to forget sometimes that there's actually a defense playing with a job to do.
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

you white floridians thought this was gonna be another trayvon martin celebration hahaha

Terry Tate

Post by Terry Tate »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:11 am Very odd to me that Brady averages a turnover a game here. That's got to be way above his career average.
He just needs more time.
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

Terry Tate wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 2:34 am
King Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:11 am Very odd to me that Brady averages a turnover a game here. That's got to be way above his career average.
He just needs more time.
Excuses for da wite man
Dread

Post by Dread »

Jamiss for MVP. Saints need to lock him up to long term deal ASAP!!
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

He’s playing well. I’m happy for him.
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:07 am
Pirate Life wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 9:20 pm

He was lucky to have only been picked off once. WFT's pass defense makes Todd Bowles look like a genius. They don't give up as much yardage as we do, but only because their offense hasn't kept them in some of the games.

Semi-unrelated note, Jameis almost got Taysom Hill killed in the game.

Ouch
I mean I get that the narrative now is Jameis' games are never as good as they seem but always as bad as they seem. But I mean, you could at least not lie so blatantly.

That play where Hill got hurt the DB got a personal foul penalty because he tried to take his head off. That's like blaming Brady for Gronk's broken ribs & punctured lung.

Easy to forget sometimes that there's actually a defense playing with a job to do.
Not really, but I get that you are contrarian with stuff like this to create drama and whatnot. This play was a really piss-poor throw from Jameis, one of his trademark overthrow of a wide open receiver. Sure it's a personal foul as it should be but Winston's really bad throw is what leads to this. He wasn't under pressure, Hill is basically uncovered and the WFT's defense was fooled by the play. All Winston has to do is set his feet and deliver a relatively accurate throw. He failed at that.

Gronk's injury happened when he was turning to go up field after the ball was in his hands.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Pirate Life wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:21 am
King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 1:07 am

Not really, but I get that you are contrarian with stuff like this to create drama and whatnot. This play was a really piss-poor throw from Jameis, one of his trademark overthrow of a wide open receiver. Sure it's a personal foul as it should be but Winston's really bad throw is what leads to this. He wasn't under pressure, Hill is basically uncovered and the WFT's defense was fooled by the play. All Winston has to do is set his feet and deliver a relatively accurate throw. He failed at that.

Gronk's injury happened when he was turning to go up field after the ball was in his hands.
Contrarian according to who? You clearly subjective in your thinking about how that play went, which is fine. Just admit it. But you're going to be in the minority if you think a pass that hit a receiver in the hands in open field that resulted in a defender launching himself into said receiver is because of the QB.

You either have no clue as to what you're seeing or you're purposely being obtuse.

Edit: Here is the play. He should've been ejected.

There's a lot you can criticize Winston on, and we do. But blaming him for the actions of a defender launching himself into a receiver is ridiculous.
Dread

Post by Dread »

If Taysom Hill is going to be running routes downfield he may want to tone down his shit talking as a ball carrier.

He's a very physical runner and likes to let defenders know after running plays that they can't tackle him. But when you do that, then leave yourself defenseless as a receiver laying out for a ball like that those same defenders you were running over and winking at afterwards a few plays earlier might want to take a crack at you.

Not saying it's right, just saying...
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:20 am If Taysom Hill is going to be running routes downfield he may want to tone down his shit talking as a ball carrier.

He's a very physical runner and likes to let defenders know after running plays that they can't tackle him. But when you do that, then leave yourself defenseless as a receiver laying out for a ball like that those same defenders you were running over and winking at afterwards a few plays earlier might want to take a crack at you.

Not saying it's right, just saying...
In Hill's defense he can backup what he's hyping. That's how he's wired. As soon as he's cleared, he'll be right back out there talking shit and backing it up. I don't think this is the 1st hit he's taken like this and won't be the last. Look at where he came from. It's no surprise he is the way he is.
Dread

Post by Dread »

As for Jameis, he's looked pretty good the past 2 games.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:26 am As for Jameis, he's looked pretty good the past 2 games.
Not to nitpick, but the Saints D only got 2 turnovers yesterday.

Also to nitpick, more often than not when your defense doesn't get turnovers its hard to win. Case in point, the same is true for us. Defense has gotten a turnover in each of our wins, 0 against the Rams. The ultimate team sport requires contributions from all phases. Imagine that.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:33 am
Dread wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:26 am As for Jameis, he's looked pretty good the past 2 games.
Not to nitpick, but the Saints D only got 2 turnovers yesterday.

Also to nitpick, more often than not when your defense doesn't get turnovers its hard to win. Case in point, the same is true for us. Defense has gotten a turnover in each of our wins, 0 against the Rams. The ultimate team sport requires contributions from all phases. Imagine that.
Don't forget running the ball quite well at times.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

You could even say being married to high target fifty fifty Mike didnt help. Tom isnt shy about showing he does not like that type of game.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Yup, Winston's struggles in Tampa were Mike Evans fault.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Not gonna lie - I wanted to see the Winston/Fitz match up.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Dread wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:08 am Yup, Winston's struggles in Tampa were Mike Evans fault.
This is my best attempt at reading mdb-nese, but What I think he meant is Winston relied too much on 50/50 passes to Evans. He did. It gave this stigma that Evans was only a jumpball WR. Brady is showing that's he's much more versatile. Brady is also showing how you utilize Evans without actually throwing his way. Taking advantage of the double teams he takes on. Winston didn't do that often enough.
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:25 am
Dread wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:08 am Yup, Winston's struggles in Tampa were Mike Evans fault.
This is my best attempt at reading mdb-nese, but What I think he meant is Winston relied too much on 50/50 passes to Evans. He did. It gave this stigma that Evans was only a jumpball WR. Brady is showing that's he's much more versatile. Brady is also showing how you utilize Evans without actually throwing his way. Taking advantage of the double teams he takes on. Winston didn't do that often enough.
winston was being a good teammate looking out for everybody but himself. He was trying to get all his recievers paid big money. Im glad he is past that shit now and is looking out for himself

brady has the cache to tell mike evans NO.. mike evans even as overrated as he is just came off a 1000 yard season before winston was even drafted, chris godwin was always better than evans. i would say a large majority of winstons interceptions came because mike evans lazy ass quit on the route
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Winston! OK, all you guys just run and turn around real quick.
Selmon Rules

Post by Selmon Rules »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:33 pm
Moozician wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:25 pm
He did ok today... Didn't do anything stupid that I could see.
Any time a Hail Mary play is converted it's always special.
Hail Marys are special.... Lucky as hell but special to see when it's your team pulling it out of their ass
Dread

Post by Dread »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 5:39 pm

winston was being a good teammate looking out for everybody but himself. He was trying to get all his recievers paid big money. Im glad he is past that shit now and is looking out for himself

brady has the cache to tell mike evans NO.. mike evans even as overrated as he is just came off a 1000 yard season before winston was even drafted, chris godwin was always better than evans. i would say a large majority of winstons interceptions came because mike evans lazy ass quit on the route
Yup, Jameis was just throwing all those INT's here in Tampa b/c he's so generous and wanted Evans to get paid. :roll: :roll:

If you're going to troll, try to do better than this.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:12 pm
King Bootz wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:33 pm

Any time a Hail Mary play is converted it's always special.
Hail Marys are special.... Lucky as hell but special to see when it's your team pulling it out of their ass
One might argue that Hail Mary's are Jamiss's specialty given his propensity for low % throws. ;)
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

Dread wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:46 pm
Selmon Rules wrote: Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:12 pm

One might argue that Hail Mary's are Jamiss's specialty given his propensity for low % throws. ;)
pressure burst pipes.. or so we thought.. jameis winston built different

Dread

Post by Dread »

Built different than who/what?

Hopefully the Saints lock him up long term. $40M/yr like he deserves.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Sean Payton is incredible. That is all.
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

Snake wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:03 pm Sean Payton is incredible. That is all.
nah this is that hard work jameis put in the offseason.. with qb guru tom house and fs1 analyst jay glazer. Jay glazer is on record saying that winston is the first nfl athlete that they couldnt break mentally and they put him through grueling workouts that made 99% of nfl superstars quit lol

check out jameis winston new footwork and improved mechanics

acmillis

Post by acmillis »

You can’t break someone mentally when they do not have a brain to begin with
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

Looking like he’s going to prove a lot of his doubters wrong.

The QB Whisperer seeming a little more like a great QB kept falling in my lap-er.

Sean Payton is a great coach.
Grahamburn

Post by Grahamburn »

And god bless Tom Brady.
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

Grahamburn wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:28 am And god bless Tom Brady.
Tom Brady is attached to spygate and deflategate. He ain’t no Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky
Dread

Post by Dread »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 8:42 am
Grahamburn wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 7:28 am And god bless Tom Brady.
Tom Brady is attached to spygate and deflategate. He ain’t no Michael Jordan or Wayne Gretzky
"attached to" eh?

What's your boy Jamiss "attached to"?

Not sure this is a road you want to go down... Although you are a troll so you probably do.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

If Jameis can get his performance turned around that is great for him. I only care about Winston when the Buccaneers play the Saints.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

All I'm seeing is improvements he should have made years ago with us when no matter how many times he messed up we gave him another chance. Instead all we got was him being defensive over his mistakes and every offseason being how much he has grown as a person. I think every single player does to a degree regardless of who he is
Dread

Post by Dread »

I've seen nothing from Winston through 5 games to illustrate he's still not a roller coaster of a QB.

Enjoy the ride Saints fans.
13F11B

Post by 13F11B »

The key difference I am seeing is that Winston is playing within a system that helps eliminate his ability to make bonehead plays. At the same time, I have watched the games and I have seen two TDs that were just pure luck. One was a hail mary and the other should not have been thrown but the receiver bailed Winston out. The Saints have the second-lowest passing yardage of any team in the NFL through five games. Winston has just over half the yards Brady has. The Saints are also much worse than the Buccaneers in rushing at this point.