The Official Jameis Winston Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
nybf

Re: The Official 2021 Jameis Winston Thread

Post by nybf »

PetePierson wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 4:50 am Phantom
Didn't he post here like 250x the first day? Including saying he was sending his lawyer after me? Then stopped?

Weird.
nybf

Post by nybf »

PetePierson wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:33 am
nybf wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:29 am Didn't he post here like 250x the first day? Including saying he was sending his lawyer after me? Then stopped?

Weird.
Yeah, he went all tough guy on our board then deleted a bunch of posts.

Shocking.

Maybe he didn't hear his lawyer tell him he had no case?
That's probably a tough sing language gif to look for. That's why I just stick with the cursing.
BucFanClw

Post by BucFanClw »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:25 pm
MJW wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:57 pm

It was our fault all along.

All he ever needed was a dominant defense, an unstoppable run game, and one of the league's best offensive lines.

If we'd only given him those things, he could have gone 14 for 20 for 102 yards for us instead.
bruh you are even forgetting that jameis winston during his time with the bucs had a diferent fg kicker every year. the saints have will "big nutz" lutz( who should be back after the bye week. shout out to tampa for finally getting a reliable kicker and solidifying the run game with benard, and fornette. But the saints are just a better run organization
Wait.... did you just put some of the blame for Jameis' shitty performance here on.... the fucking kicker?!? Did you also factor in the difference in beer prices between the stadiums?
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

BucFanClw wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:45 am
BlackTrumpFan wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:25 pm

bruh you are even forgetting that jameis winston during his time with the bucs had a diferent fg kicker every year. the saints have will "big nutz" lutz( who should be back after the bye week. shout out to tampa for finally getting a reliable kicker and solidifying the run game with benard, and fornette. But the saints are just a better run organization
Wait.... did you just put some of the blame for Jameis' shitty performance here on.... the fucking kicker?!? Did you also factor in the difference in beer prices between the stadiums?
bruh not even just the kicker, but according to dvoa and epa, kickers were roughly responsible for 64% of the losses during winstons time in tampa. Their is a metric that calculates down and distance with fg kickers( basically it judges what the percentage of a kick that an average place kicker would make). And maybe it was just bad luck but jameis winston was by far and away the most negatively affected qb when it came to fg kicking during the past 5 years.. like he was an +17 expected points lost over 2nd place philip rivers in san diego

jameis winston has an nfl record 14 losses with a career passing ratings over 106.. brady is second all-time with 10.. but brady has played a lot longer in the league
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

PetePierson wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:17 am
BlackTrumpFan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:15 am bruh not even just the kicker, but according to dvoa and epa, kickers were roughly responsible for 64% of the losses during winstons time in tampa. Their is a metric that calculates down and distance with fg kickers( basically it judges what the percentage of a kick that an average place kicker would make). And maybe it was just bad luck but jameis winston was by far and away the most negatively affected qb when it came to fg kicking during the past 5 years.. like he was an +17 expected points lost over 2nd place philip rivers in san diego

jameis winston has an nfl record 14 losses with a career passing ratings over 106.. brady is second all-time with 10.. but brady has played a lot longer in the league
Yup the kickers. Totally not the 90 INTs and 50 fumbles.

Solid!
i said what i said

also winston has a higher qbr, and td% than brady this year
BucFanClw

Post by BucFanClw »

I don't know how anyone could have expected Jameis to perform well here, what with the whole pirate motif.
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:15 am
BucFanClw wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 8:45 am

bruh not even just the kicker, but according to dvoa and epa, kickers were roughly responsible for 64% of the losses during winstons time in tampa. Their is a metric that calculates down and distance with fg kickers( basically it judges what the percentage of a kick that an average place kicker would make). And maybe it was just bad luck but jameis winston was by far and away the most negatively affected qb when it came to fg kicking during the past 5 years.. like he was an +17 expected points lost over 2nd place philip rivers in san diego

Your last statement had me wondering, so I went back and looked. For the record, it looks like there was 14, but one was the playoff game last year, which doesn't count and one where he entered the game with the team down 24-7 in the 3rd quarter. So, he's only credited with 12 losses.

Anyway...
Game 1 vs Washington (10-25-15), no missed FG's. While being up 24-7 at halftime, he managed two FG drives in the second half. Was that loss his fault? No, but he didn't really do a lot in that second half to prevent it.

Game 2 vs Atlanta (11-03-16), no missed FG's. After going downfield for an opening drive TD, the Bucs turned the ball over on two consecutive drives... the first by Antone Smith, the second by Winston. They were down 20-14 at the half. In the 3rd Q, Winston engineered two drives resulting in two first downs, a punt, and a turnover on downs. Down 33-14 at the start of the 4th, Atlanta just coasted to the win. Was that Winston's fault? In part, yes. He did have a turnover which led to points and he struggled to move the ball in the second half until Atlanta stopped playing defense. Now, it wasn't solely his fault, but you can't say that it was specifically someone else's. Though, I will say that Lovie Smith was a key reason (he sucked).

Game 3 vs Buffalo (10-22-17), no missed FG's. Started off with 2 FG drives, then Winston fumbled. Two possessions later, he threw a pick. They were down 10-6 at the half. A lot of back and forth in that game. Winston played well. The key moment was Humphries fumbling when the game was tied in the 4th. Winston played great that game. The defense? No so good. Could you blame the defense? I think there's merit to it. Winston's two first half turnovers didn't help though.

Game 4 vs Green Bay (12-03-17), no missed FG's (seems to be a trend here). First drive TD (another trend... a good one), but after that, 3 consecutive punts... 11 plays (1 first down), only 29 total yards. On the next drive, Winston turns the ball over (fumble). Down 17-10 at the half. With a FG and TD in the second half (and 2 punts), they lose in OT 26-20. Was that loss his fault? No, but was it anyone else's? Not really. He did get sacked 7 times. Knowing his history, he probably shares the blame in those because he did hold onto the ball too long quite often.

Game 5 vs Atlanta (12-18-17), missed 54 yard FG attempt as time expires. Winston played great. Barber fumbled on the Atlanta 5 yard line when the Bucs had a chance to go up 21-7. Winston got screwed on this game, but I'm not really going to fault Murray for missing a 54 yarder.

Game 6 vs Carolina (12-24-17), Murray missed another 50 yarder (51 to be exact), which failed to extend the lead to 22-15. I will give him a pass on that because prior to that miss, he was 4-4 and the main reason they were even winning. Winston had 3 fumbles... one at the end which was rather irrelevant, but the two prior had a bigger impact on the Bucs losing than Murray's missed 51 yarder.

Through the first 6, it looks pretty even. Winston shares equal blame in 4, no blame at all in one, and most of the blame in another. I'm guessing the missed FG's you're blaming most of the fault on happened in 2018 and 2019.
Kress

Post by Kress »

How many bad kicks were the fault of the long snapper?

Not one of you even considered that, did you? Do you guys even football?
BucFanClw

Post by BucFanClw »

Plus we fire those loud cannons when our team does something good. Jameis' Pavlovian response of throwing interceptions to avoid the loud noises should have been expected, when you think about it.
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

CannonFire wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:11 am
BlackTrumpFan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 9:15 am

Your last statement had me wondering, so I went back and looked. For the record, it looks like there was 14, but one was the playoff game last year, which doesn't count and one where he entered the game with the team down 24-7 in the 3rd quarter. So, he's only credited with 12 losses.

Anyway...
Game 1 vs Washington (10-25-15), no missed FG's. While being up 24-7 at halftime, he managed two FG drives in the second half. Was that loss his fault? No, but he didn't really do a lot in that second half to prevent it.

Game 2 vs Atlanta (11-03-16), no missed FG's. After going downfield for an opening drive TD, the Bucs turned the ball over on two consecutive drives... the first by Antone Smith, the second by Winston. They were down 20-14 at the half. In the 3rd Q, Winston engineered two drives resulting in two first downs, a punt, and a turnover on downs. Down 33-14 at the start of the 4th, Atlanta just coasted to the win. Was that Winston's fault? In part, yes. He did have a turnover which led to points and he struggled to move the ball in the second half until Atlanta stopped playing defense. Now, it wasn't solely his fault, but you can't say that it was specifically someone else's. Though, I will say that Lovie Smith was a key reason (he sucked).

Game 3 vs Buffalo (10-22-17), no missed FG's. Started off with 2 FG drives, then Winston fumbled. Two possessions later, he threw a pick. They were down 10-6 at the half. A lot of back and forth in that game. Winston played well. The key moment was Humphries fumbling when the game was tied in the 4th. Winston played great that game. The defense? No so good. Could you blame the defense? I think there's merit to it. Winston's two first half turnovers didn't help though.

Game 4 vs Green Bay (12-03-17), no missed FG's (seems to be a trend here). First drive TD (another trend... a good one), but after that, 3 consecutive punts... 11 plays (1 first down), only 29 total yards. On the next drive, Winston turns the ball over (fumble). Down 17-10 at the half. With a FG and TD in the second half (and 2 punts), they lose in OT 26-20. Was that loss his fault? No, but was it anyone else's? Not really. He did get sacked 7 times. Knowing his history, he probably shares the blame in those because he did hold onto the ball too long quite often.

Game 5 vs Atlanta (12-18-17), missed 54 yard FG attempt as time expires. Winston played great. Barber fumbled on the Atlanta 5 yard line when the Bucs had a chance to go up 21-7. Winston got screwed on this game, but I'm not really going to fault Murray for missing a 54 yarder.

Game 6 vs Carolina (12-24-17), Murray missed another 50 yarder (51 to be exact), which failed to extend the lead to 22-15. I will give him a pass on that because prior to that miss, he was 4-4 and the main reason they were even winning. Winston had 3 fumbles... one at the end which was rather irrelevant, but the two prior had a bigger impact on the Bucs losing than Murray's missed 51 yarder.

Through the first 6, it looks pretty even. Winston shares equal blame in 4, no blame at all in one, and most of the blame in another. I'm guessing the missed FG's you're blaming most of the fault on happened in 2018 and 2019.

you are forgetting the giants game in 2019

the game where winston set the for the 30 iun the finalk game of the season, matt gay missed 3 kicks under 45 yards, that game had no business going into overtime. And their are others like the patriots game on thursday night football where nick folk missed 3 kicks in a 19-14 loss
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Ummmm.. What language was that? My translation option isn't working.
Push the damned button already!
Buc2

Post by Buc2 »

MJW wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:57 pm
BlackTrumpFan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:04 pm crab legs aint playing too bad, second in td percentage behind mahomeboi and top 5 in qbr

https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/n ... =passtdpct

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/sort/sch ... R/dir/desc
It was our fault all along.

All he ever needed was a dominant defense, an unstoppable run game, and one of the league's best offensive lines.

If we'd only given him those things, he could have gone 14 for 20 for 102 yards for us instead.
You forgot an If...

If only white people didn't hate him.
Don't tread on me
CannonFire

Post by CannonFire »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 12:03 pm
CannonFire wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:11 am

Anyway...

you are forgetting the giants game in 2019

the game where winston set the for the 30 iun the finalk game of the season, matt gay missed 3 kicks under 45 yards, that game had no business going into overtime. And their are others like the patriots game on thursday night football where nick folk missed 3 kicks in a 19-14 loss

I stopped after the first 6. I remember the ones you're talking about, but those were 2 of the 12. Clearly not the norm. Sure, those can be blamed on the klcker but to make it seem like this was routine is just nonsense. Winston was 28-42 here in Tampa. I will say that his coaches/GM's didn't help much, but Winston was certainly a part of the problem. He wasn't a victim and everyone else around him failed.
Digital_Damage

Post by Digital_Damage »

what is this fucktard trying to say?
nybf

Post by nybf »

Which one?
Dread

Post by Dread »

It's no coincidence all those kickers were wyppo
PanteraCanes

Post by PanteraCanes »

We should have listened to him and used a high draft pick to get his kicker buddy. Imagine how much better it would have been then.
MJW

Post by MJW »

"It was the kickers" is a helluva Jaboo defense.

Dude had 131 TDs and 138 turnovers in 72 games in Tampa.
TB12 has 54 TDs and 20 turnovers in 20 games in Tampa.

This isn't hard.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Very odd to me that Brady averages a turnover a game here. That's got to be way above his career average.
CupidStunt

Post by CupidStunt »

Not really. 20 years with NE. 285 games played. 179 ints. 121 fumbles, 39 recovered. That's 261 net turnovers in those games. 0.916 average.
MJW

Post by MJW »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:11 am Very odd to me that Brady averages a turnover a game here. That's got to be way above his career average.
It seemed a little odd to me too at first. 14 INTs, 6 Fumbles.

Then again, this is an offense that encourages risks, or so they say. At least that's one of the excuses I heard in 2019 when Jameis was throwing 2 picks a game.
Let's roll another joint
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

CupidStunt wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 10:18 am Not really. 20 years with NE. 285 games played. 179 ints. 121 fumbles, 39 recovered. That's 261 net turnovers in those games. 0.916 average.
Okay that's really good to know. He's not careless with the football but he's never been Aaron Rodgers in terms of not turning it over. Really no one has been that efficient.
MJW

Post by MJW »

As a point of comparison, Patrick Mahomes as 45 in 50 games.

Aaron Rodgers has 172 in 201 games.

Russ has 164 in 149 games. His are a bit inflated because of how much he used to run, which opened him up to more fumbles.

Kyler Murray has 42 in 36 career games. Again, inflated due to rushing fumbles.

There doesn't seem to be a very dramatic variance between the great quarterbacks. None of them stray too far from 1 or so a game.
Let's roll another joint
Dread

Post by Dread »

The issue with Jameis is can you ever get the production without the turnovers. To this point the answer has been no and every excuse in the book is used to explain why by his defenders.

It seems Sean Payton is re-building from the ground up by limiting Winston from throwing downfield unless it's a deep shot. Most everything else is right near the LoS. Part of that is also the Saints receivers aren't very good. That little punt returner #11 is their only dynamic playmaker and he's like 5'8" 180lbs so it's tough for him to make plays downfield unless he's wide open making an uncontested catch.

Eventually the Saints will want/need to see what they have in Jameis this season and unleash him. Then the Saints fans will get what they are asking for, one way or another.
Last edited by Dread on Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Jameis is a stop-gap until they figure out the long term plan because he isn’t it.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Michael Thomas isn't necessarily used as a deep receiver, but he should help with those intermediate routes once he returns. That's where he makes his money. That'll help New Orleans' as they do lack good playmakers outside of Kamara and the little guy.
nybf

Post by nybf »

King Bootz wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 8:11 am Very odd to me that Brady averages a turnover a game here. That's got to be way above his career average.
It's the kicker
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

Snake wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:45 pm Jameis is a stop-gap until they figure out the long term plan because he isn’t it.
unfornately next years draft class for qb sucks
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

nybf wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:54 pm
It's the kicker
ryan succoup is a potential all-pro at this position
nybf

Post by nybf »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 6:54 pm
nybf wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 3:54 pm

It's the kicker
ryan succoup is a potential all-pro at this position
Shut the fuck up; no one asked you.
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

winston 13 total td and only 3 picks entering the much needed bye week

saints got so many guys injured its crazy
Moozician

Post by Moozician »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:28 pm winston 13 total td and only 3 picks entering the much needed bye week

He did ok today... Didn't do anything stupid that I could see.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Moozician wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:25 pm
BlackTrumpFan wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 4:28 pm winston 13 total td and only 3 picks entering the much needed bye week

Any time a Hail Mary play is converted it's always special.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Moozician wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:25 pm

He was lucky to have only been picked off once. WFT's pass defense makes Todd Bowles look like a genius. They don't give up as much yardage as we do, but only because their offense hasn't kept them in some of the games.

Semi-unrelated note, Jameis almost got Taysom Hill killed in the game.

Ouch