The Official Jameis Winston Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
Primeminister

Re: The Official 2021 Jameis Winston Thread

Post by Primeminister »

BucFanClw wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:54 pm 2 years ago, I winced every time I saw a bomb, preparing for the worst.

Now I get excited when I see us go deep.

I'm pretty sure most every Buc fan would agree with me. That's on Jameis.
You aren’t alone. Now when I see Brady uncork a bomb I expect a completion 70% of the time.
PanteraCanes

Post by PanteraCanes »

BucFanClw wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:54 pm 2 years ago, I winced every time I saw a bomb, preparing for the worst.

So you are saying you use to wince a ton? Get it, get it?

Dread

Post by Dread »

Doctor wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:25 pm You really just went full "If America is racist how did we have a black president".
We're talking about the NFL numbnuts. This is a football forum. You want to take a dive into the deep end head to OT and I'll be happy to engage, but I doubt you're equipped for such a discussion.

You speak in generic platitudes about race just like Swashy and every other mush-brained pussified male in society today. There is nothing of any substance in anything you post on the subject.

Nobody is arguing that racism doesn't exist at some level or at greater level historically. But I asked specific questions about your accusations of race as they apply to QBs in the NFL.

If you had any balls or even believed the generic nonsense you post you'd be able to answer instead of deflect.
Rocker

Post by Rocker »

Dread ain’t fucking around, eh?
air-buc-pirate

Post by air-buc-pirate »

Snake wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:27 pm
Doctor wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:25 pm You really just went full "If America is racist how did we have a black president".
I mean, it’s a worthwhile question. How oppressive is the “oppression” if a member of the oppressed group can ascend to the highest position of power in the government and have his finger on the nuclear codes? Probably not very oppressive.

It doesn’t count because according to skyrim, he had a white mother. Barack was great at reading defenses.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Turns out Jameis needed those 7 coaches out cause of covid.

Also Doctor bringing the heat 🔥. Lol
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

PetePierson wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:39 pm
Doctor wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Eat a cock, you cunt.

You’re a prime example of why this place will fail.
Another example ? The numbers are growing daily
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

PanteraCanes wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:18 pm

Gah! That makes me sad, PC. You should be taken out and flogged! :cry: :shock: :shock: :)
Push the damned button already!
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Dread wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:28 pm
We're talking about the NFL numbnuts. This is a football forum. You want to take a dive into the deep end head to OT and I'll be happy to engage, but I doubt you're equipped for such a discussion.

You speak in generic platitudes about race just like Swashy and every other mush-brained pussified male in society today. There is nothing of any substance in anything you post on the subject.

Nobody is arguing that racism doesn't exist at some level or at greater level historically. But I asked specific questions about your accusations of race as they apply to QBs in the NFL.

If you had any balls or even believed the generic nonsense you post you'd be able to answer instead of deflect.
Pray tell what substance do you seek?
bucarican

Post by bucarican »

Man I wish I would have jumped on this after the Packers game. All I have to add is Winston is Fitz 2.0. He will wow you a couple games and revert to his ways. He is a serviceable lifetime backup QB, but not the guy you want leading your organization.
PanteraCanes

Post by PanteraCanes »

IronDog wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 10:38 am
PanteraCanes wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 8:18 pm

Gah! That makes me sad, PC. You should be taken out and flogged! :cry: :shock: :shock: :)
I will go back to Castle Anthrax then.
The Outsider

Post by The Outsider »

I'll just leave this here.

Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Rocker wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:13 am Dread ain’t fucking around, eh?
Have you SEEN his work in the Echo Chamber? This cat has never once passed on a chance to takes himself seriously
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

The Outsider wrote: Wed Sep 22, 2021 1:36 pm I'll just leave this here.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

You crazy AF
Snake

Post by Snake »

Saints win. Also another odd Winston box score. Didn’t watch a down of the game (yet).
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Snake wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:18 pm Saints win. Also another odd Winston box score. Didn’t watch a down of the game (yet).
Saints defense with 3 takeaways in both of their wins. That’s the key
Nano

Post by Nano »

His first TD was actually a pretty solid pass to Kamara.

His 2nd TD was pure fucking Winston. He's halfway down on a sack, and just chucks the ultimate YOLO ball into the endzone to a dude that was covered. It was going to be caught by one of them...and to the Saints luck, Calloway caught it.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

Nano wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:24 pm His first TD was actually a pretty solid pass to Kamara.

His 2nd TD was pure fucking Winston. He's halfway down on a sack, and just chucks the ultimate YOLO ball into the endzone to a dude that was covered. It was going to be caught by one of them...and to the Saints luck, Calloway caught it.
Yep that 2nd TD is actually a bad sign for the Saints.
King Bootz

Post by King Bootz »

Bigger take away from that game is how bad the Patriots looked. They couldn’t block for shit.

If there’s a game for our pass rush to get going, next Sunday would be it. Mac Jones took a beating today.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:43 pm Bigger take away from that game is how bad the Patriots looked. They couldn’t block for shit.

If there’s a game for our pass rush to get going, next Sunday would be it. Mac Jones took a beating today.
At this point we need to question our pass rush.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Snake wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:18 pm Saints win. Also another odd Winston box score. Didn’t watch a down of the game (yet).
Another 20 attempts for barely 100yds.

Just like week 1 vs GB the Saints defense was amazing.

When the defense plays like that they feed Kamara and the run game and make the game simple.

Despite the 2-1 start the Saints offense lacks explosiveness because they lack the weapons.

If the Saints get into a game where Jameis has to sling it to win they're in trouble. Those WRs can't separate and Jameis isn't the most accurate passer or best decision maker.
Four Verticals

Post by Four Verticals »

Nano wrote: Sun Sep 26, 2021 8:24 pm His first TD was actually a pretty solid pass to Kamara.

That's one that may encourage that kind of throw....which isn't good for the Saints.
Bucsfan83

Post by Bucsfan83 »

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl/he ... hp&pc=U531

Soo... apparently a blind kid plays better than Winston.
MJW

Post by MJW »

Credit to Sean Payton for reinventing the Saints on the fly into a defensive team. And a good one. Two games out of three they've dominated that side of the ball against good teams. It should worry us.

It should be obvious that as of right now, he doesn't trust Winston a bit, though. Which gives him a leg up on Lovie, Koetter, and in this case, Arians.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:32 am Credit to Sean Payton for reinventing the Saints on the fly into a defensive team. And a good one. Two games out of three they've dominated that side of the ball against good teams. It should worry us.

It should be obvious that as of right now, he doesn't trust Winston a bit, though. Which gives him a leg up on Lovie, Koetter, and in this case, Arians.
Before it's over, our two games will be made into a big thing.

Remember, I wanted us to go undefeated our division.
MJW

Post by MJW »

mdb1958 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:18 am
MJW wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 6:32 am Credit to Sean Payton for reinventing the Saints on the fly into a defensive team. And a good one. Two games out of three they've dominated that side of the ball against good teams. It should worry us.

I'd honestly be happy with 5-1, because I think the Panthers are legit if CMC is on the field. Going 3-1 against the Saints and Panthers would be a good thing (2-0 against the Falcons SHOULD be a given.)
Let's roll another joint
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

MJW wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:34 am
mdb1958 wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:18 am

I'd honestly be happy with 5-1, because I think the Panthers are legit if CMC is on the field. Going 3-1 against the Saints and Panthers would be a good thing (2-0 against the Falcons SHOULD be a given.)
Don't like your adding.
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

crab legs aint playing too bad, second in td percentage behind mahomeboi and top 5 in qbr

https://www.footballdb.com/statistics/n ... =passtdpct

https://www.espn.com/nfl/qbr/_/sort/sch ... R/dir/desc
Dread

Post by Dread »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:04 pm crab legs aint playing too bad, second in td percentage behind mahomeboi and top 5 in qbr

Sean Payton is managing him well.

The Saints defense has dominated in weeks 1 and 3 which allowed the Saints offense to lean on the running game and short throws.

In the other 2 games the Saints offense looks very boring.

They lack explosive playmakers at WR/TE.
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

Dread wrote: Mon Oct 04, 2021 12:32 am
BlackTrumpFan wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:04 pm crab legs aint playing too bad, second in td percentage behind mahomeboi and top 5 in qbr

Sean Payton is managing him well.

The Saints defense has dominated in weeks 1 and 3 which allowed the Saints offense to lean on the running game and short throws.

In the other 2 games the Saints offense looks very boring.

They lack explosive playmakers at WR/TE.
whats crazy to me is that unlike in tampa where it was just white fans who hated winston and black fans who supported him. In new orleans jameis winston fever has taken over the city. Winston is doing a lot in the community, and videos of him playing catch with little white boys are getting over 1 million views in 2 hours.

Sean peyton is recieving hate mail from long tenured saints fans, the saints fans have made it clear we want more jamies and not taysom hill. Just go on saintsreport.com and look at the forums there. All infected with jameis winston mania lol. Its crazy how many of winstons jerseys are selling in new orleans as well. They cant even keep up with demand( because winston technically is still a new player) and with hurricane ida its been hard for them to recieve and ramp up production of new jerseys for somewhat new players

Also the saints media actually seems like winston. guys like mike triplett and nick underhill are like a breath of fresh air compared to rick stroud and greg auman
Dread

Post by Dread »

I'm with you. Hopefully the Saints listen to the fans and go all-in with Jameis. Give him a $40M/yr contract that's near the top of the QB market.

Sean Payton needs to unleash Jaboo. He's awesome when he can push it downfield.
MJW

Post by MJW »

It was our fault all along.

All he ever needed was a dominant defense, an unstoppable run game, and one of the league's best offensive lines.

If we'd only given him those things, he could have gone 14 for 20 for 102 yards for us instead.
Let's roll another joint
BlackTrumpFan

Post by BlackTrumpFan »

MJW wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:57 pm

All he ever needed was a dominant defense, an unstoppable run game, and one of the league's best offensive lines.

If we'd only given him those things, he could have gone 14 for 20 for 102 yards for us instead.
bruh you are even forgetting that jameis winston during his time with the bucs had a diferent fg kicker every year. the saints have will "big nutz" lutz( who should be back after the bye week. shout out to tampa for finally getting a reliable kicker and solidifying the run game with benard, and fornette. But the saints are just a better run organization
nybf

Post by nybf »

Tried to tell the mod team. Quantity over quality though.
Dread

Post by Dread »

BlackTrumpFan wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 11:25 pm
MJW wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:57 pm

bruh you are even forgetting that jameis winston during his time with the bucs had a diferent fg kicker every year. the saints have will "big nutz" lutz( who should be back after the bye week. shout out to tampa for finally getting a reliable kicker and solidifying the run game with benard, and fornette. But the saints are just a better run organization
That's why they have more Super Bowl trophies.

GEAUX Jameis!! Saints need to let Jameis have 40 passing attempts per game.