The Official Jameis Winston Thread

This section is for discussions involving the Buccaneers as a team, and other teams in the NFL.
BJJ34

Re: The Official 2021 Jameis Winston Thread

Post by BJJ34 »

nybf wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:00 pm
uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:26 pm Banning him only creates more potential idiots who think their form of ignorance is groundbreaking.
That sure is a take...
Don’t speak NY… usc has a 170 IQ. He’s the smartest guy on the board by far and every opinion he has is 100% thought out.
uscbucsfan

Post by uscbucsfan »

BJJ34 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:08 pm
nybf wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:00 pm

That sure is a take...
Don’t speak NY… usc has a 170 IQ. He’s the smartest guy on the board by far and every opinion he has is 100% thought out.
Pretty toothless stuff here, BJJ.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Brutal.
BJJ34

Post by BJJ34 »

uscbucsfan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:18 pm
BJJ34 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:08 pm
Pretty toothless stuff here, BJJ.
Hey something other than “hey you’re a moron”

Let’s attack genetics!

I’m sure you’re such a clever guy in real life and not at all a fake ass toolbag.
Primeminister

Post by Primeminister »

King Bootz wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:22 pm
Primeminister wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:18 pm

Another gif that I’m keeping. This will come in handy sometime.
Stealing gifs?

Take this +1 but I already have the Tchalla gif.
MJW

Post by MJW »

12 pages of Bootzy postmodern claptrap and Winston still sucks.
"So let's get to the point
Let's roll another joint
And let's head on down the road
There's somewhere I got to go..."
Sanka

Post by Sanka »

MJW wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:43 am 12 pages of Bootzy postmodern claptrap and Winston still sucks.
Name one Saints receivers that were drafted? ..none apart from MT.
Sanka

Post by Sanka »

Winston will bounce back, my God Winston needs Michael Thomas.
Sanka

Post by Sanka »

vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:04 pm percentage of blacks in the nfl in 2020:
  • 70% of all players
  • 31% of QBs
  • 30% of assistant coaches
  • 10% of head coaches
the last stat compares to general professional staff at 8.8%, vice presidents at 7.1%, and general managers at 6.3%.

all stats compare to the general population at 14%, according to the 2020 US census.

granted, these stats don’t parse out “FULLY black” but you can lobby to have this distinction added to the census and the nfl’s data.
Who gives a shit, nobody cares.
Sanka

Post by Sanka »

Dread wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:56 pm Jameis Winston being a shitty QB is going to lead to Bootz banning himself from this place also.

*edit - typo
Dredd I'm sure you will waiting for Winston to have a bad game, it's alright I guess Rodgers had a bad week 1 and bounced back.

I know your dick is hard right now since Winston had a bad game, but, save that hard dick for bed later when your wife rides you in salsa position while you smoke a Cuban cigar.

It's not that serious it's sports, stop taking it personally.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

Hello legendary poster here,

Just want to say this thread did not disappoint,
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Same ole Buczone agenda morphed over to the new house. They love their trigger subjects.
mdb1958

Post by mdb1958 »

Forget Winston and whatever adversity he has to face till he meets us and concentrate on punching Jalen Ramsey in the mouth.
Jason Bourne

Post by Jason Bourne »

mdb1958 wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:43 am Forget Winston and whatever adversity he has to face till he meets us and concentrate on punching Jalen Ramsey in the mouth.
Evans And Ramsey will be a Heckuva matchup.

Desean Jackson will definitely get more plays. But we gotta double Krupp
IronDog

Post by IronDog »

Geebus! Some folks need to grow the fuck up.
Push the damned button already!
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

Sanka wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:16 am
MJW wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:43 am 12 pages of Bootzy postmodern claptrap and Winston still sucks.
I'll give you four....

Tre'Quan Smith, 3rd round. Kevin White, 1st round. Ty Montgomery, 3rd round. Kawaan Baker, 7th round.

Bonus tight end: Trautman, 3rd round.
vivalaReagan

Post by vivalaReagan »

Sanka wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:19 am
vivalaReagan wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:04 pm percentage of blacks in the nfl in 2020:
  • 70% of all players
  • 31% of QBs
  • 30% of assistant coaches
  • 10% of head coaches
the last stat compares to general professional staff at 8.8%, vice presidents at 7.1%, and general managers at 6.3%.

all stats compare to the general population at 14%, according to the 2020 US census.

granted, these stats don’t parse out “FULLY black” but you can lobby to have this distinction added to the census and the nfl’s data.
Who gives a shit, nobody cares.
thanks for caring enough to reply!
SaggyBallZ

Post by SaggyBallZ »

Pirate Life wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:15 am
Sanka wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:16 am

I'll give you four....

Tre'Quan Smith, 3rd round. Kevin White, 1st round. Ty Montgomery, 3rd round. Kawaan Baker, 7th round.

He didn’t mean drafted drafted
Pirate Life

Post by Pirate Life »

SaggyBallZ wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:49 am
Pirate Life wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 11:15 am
I'll give you four....

He didn’t mean drafted drafted
Ah, did not think he was talking about his fantasy team.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Sanka wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:38 am
Dread wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:56 pm Jameis Winston being a shitty QB is going to lead to Bootz banning himself from this place also.

*edit - typo
Dredd I'm sure you will waiting for Winston to have a bad game, it's alright I guess Rodgers had a bad week 1 and bounced back.

I know your dick is hard right now since Winston had a bad game, but, save that hard dick for bed later when your wife rides you in salsa position while you smoke a Cuban cigar.

It's not that serious it's sports, stop taking it personally.
Not personal bud, Jameis is who he is. Same QB he's been since 2014.

A tiger doesn't change his stripes.

I tried to caution people after week 1 who were overhyped about the 5 TDs.

The Saints passing games was equally lethargic in week 2, but against the Panthers the run game and defense didn't show up so the passing game was exposed.

The reality is the Saints passing game has been terrible through weeks.

I agree the lack of talent at WR and TE are a big reason. I pointed this out over a BZ prior to the season.

All that aside, I'm not making excuse for Jameis like others do. You, Bootzie, and whoever else that feels compelled to make excuses for Jameis b/c of his skin color can continue to have blinders on.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

I've made my position on race in the NFL clear on Buczone, not about to repeat it all here.

I'll just say that if you're good enough and keep your nose clean there's nothing stopping you from being a star in this league, black or white. With that said, there's no doubt, imo, that black players, QBs, and HCs definitely get far less leeway. At the end of the day the higher up you go in the hierarchy the older and whiter you get. Half these owners probably still remember all white baseball. It's not crazy to suggest a lot of the old ways still have subconscious influence. Some of the second, third, fourth chances some of these white guys get compared to peers of color is laughable.

At the end of the day when you are good, nothing else matters. When you're mediocre, then everything matters- even things that shouldn't.
The only thing that's going to change this is time, period. We can even see proof of that, we have more QBs of color than ever before. But time won't be rushed.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Hue Jackson kept his job after going 1-31. Marty Schottenheimer was fired after 14-2. Michael Vick was possibly the most hated person in football and the NFL brought him back. Leonard Little killed somebody drunk driving and was kept in the NFL. Feel free to do an entire work up on the average coaching/QB tenure and how it relates to wins and losses but I expect context to be heavily accounted for.

Owners are people like anybody else and I’m sure they are subject to implicit and explicit bias just like anyone else. But suggesting that racial *discrimination* plays anything other than a very very very small role is ridiculous.

Bringing up race and discussing the real reasons for discrepancies in performance and representation is a place that people really don’t want to go. Why is the NFL 70+ percent black in terms of players? Is that really a question we want to ask? Why is the NFL disproportionately white and Jewish in positions of power? Is that a question we really want to ask? That we are allowed to ask? Those questions cannot be answered honestly until people are ready to have the conversations. Which they aren’t. Systemic racism has its place in these conversations but it’s really not worth discussing until the full conversation can be had.
HamBone

Post by HamBone »

SaggyBallZ wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 7:56 pm
MOD TB12 wrote: Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:56 pm

You’re done. You’ve made it clear you aren’t a fan of this team and are only here to troll using race. Go to Reddit or some other site to get your conspiracy rocks off. We won’t miss you.

Did you really ban the guy?
Damn…that’s some weakass shit.
“So we have about 75 million people who are eligible to be vaccinated who have not yet gotten vaccinated…you would cut down dramatically the number of infections if we got the overwhelming majority of that recalcitrant group vaccinated."
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Snake giving off some real "bell curve" vibes.
Snake

Post by Snake »

Given your history of half-baked opinions, I’m sure your grasp of this very complicated subject is riveting.
Dread

Post by Dread »

Doctor wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 2:19 pm I've made my position on race in the NFL clear on Buczone, not about to repeat it all here.

I'll just say that if you're good enough and keep your nose clean there's nothing stopping you from being a star in this league, black or white. With that said, there's no doubt, imo, that black players, QBs, and HCs definitely get far less leeway. At the end of the day the higher up you go in the hierarchy the older and whiter you get. Half these owners probably still remember all white baseball. It's not crazy to suggest a lot of the old ways still have subconscious influence. Some of the second, third, fourth chances some of these white guys get compared to peers of color is laughable.

At the end of the day when you are good, nothing else matters. When you're mediocre, then everything matters- even things that shouldn't.
The only thing that's going to change this is time, period. We can even see proof of that, we have more QBs of color than ever before. But time won't be rushed.
Why are there back-up QBs who are black if race matters if your a mediocre QB? Why wouldn't the racist subconscious you claim exists in the NFL just have those GM/HC make the decision to have a white back-up QB?

Do you honestly believe that any NFL HC/GM in 2021 uses race as a determination when releasing a QB or filling out a QB depth chart?

What does anything the mental vomit you posted have to do with Jameis Winston?
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

You really just went full "If America is racist how did we have a black president".
Snake

Post by Snake »

Doctor wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 3:25 pm You really just went full "If America is racist how did we have a black president".
I mean, it’s a worthwhile question. How oppressive is the “oppression” if a member of the oppressed group can ascend to the highest position of power in the government and have his finger on the nuclear codes? Probably not very oppressive.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

You're right. What's historically proven sentencing disparities, the disproportionally insane incarceration rate for made up victimless crimes, and cash bailout when weighed against a black guy winning prom king.

I stand corrected, America and the NFL have cured themselves of racism. Moving on.
Snake

Post by Snake »

You’re doing them a disservice by characterizing them as criminals, who get punished more harshly. Maybe that’s your implicit bias rearing it’s head. How about the fact they get passed up for jobs more often due to the name on the resumé?

Anyway, no one is saying racism and it’s consequences do not exist. We are talking about it’s prevalence and severity within a particular silo.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

Ah, the classic "I'm not saying racism doesn't exist, just that my particular [country/sport/silo] has dealt with it so successfully that it's negligible".

Sure thing chief.
Swashbuckler

Post by Swashbuckler »

Events of systemic discrimination have residual side effects that lasts for generations. There was/arguably still is a major problem with that. Because of that you only get a few black head coaches and QB's in these days. A lot of that systemic discrimination continues to varying degrees. It's not fair but this is going to take a while to resolve. I don't know how many years. I would agree it's too many years too long. But these days the root of the feather ruffling is from people unhappy that progress THEY want to see not happening fast enough for them. It sucks balls but getting mad doesn't fix it. If you're a truly great coach or QB you'll get your chance. But if there are fewer black coaches and QB's at the present and coming up the ranks, it makes the process slower.

But as this relates to Winston his failure as a QB has nothing to do with race. He plays Russian roulette every snap and it's too frequently backfired.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

PetePierson wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 4:41 pm Nothing worse than a white male SJW.

Get the fuck over yourself.
BucFanClw

Post by BucFanClw »

2 years ago, I winced every time I saw a bomb, preparing for the worst.

Now I get excited when I see us go deep.

I'm pretty sure most every Buc fan would agree with me. That's on Jameis.
Doctor

Post by Doctor »

PetePierson wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:39 pm
Doctor wrote: Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:33 pm

Eat a cock, you cunt.

You’re a prime example of why this place will fail.